Supernatural Tales - Book II

By Pheonix_1995

DO NOT COPY OR USE THIS BOOK AS A FANFIC. PLEASE. It is time for Esme to step into the light. Let's learn a... More

COPYRIGHT
Prologue
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35

Chapter 1

198 16 20
By Pheonix_1995

(Unedited)

"Quiet, you two. You will end up waking her!" A voice whisper-hissed somewhere in the chamber, its sound one of the most beautiful, and Iris listened to it without moving a muscle or opening her eyes; pretending to be asleep.

Her lips lifted as she heard gentle footsteps moving closer to her bed, her amusement reaching her mate, Antonia, through their mate bond, and then, deciding to tease her guests, she groaned sleepily before shifting on her stomach: her smile widening when her three little angels stopped at once. She could easily pick up the beautiful sound of three racing hearts, ones that she loved more than she could ever be able to understand or say, and after a few moments of her staying still, the footsteps continued but with a little bit of urgency this time. She could feel three lithe bodies climb onto her bed, one of them groaning most adorably at the struggle, and Iris found it hard to stay still just then. But, knowing she would jeopardize everything if she moved she stayed put, feeling her Antonia's presence in their sleeping chamber now, and she simply waited for what was sure to come next.

And then it finally happened...

"Happy Birthday, Maman!" Three wee bodies jumped on top of Iris, causing her to groan dramatically as she shifted onto her back, and Antonia chuckled warmly as she watched the most heartwarming scene from the foot of their bed.

"Oh Goddess, what is happening?" Iris pretended as if she had just woken up and was caught completely off-guard by the beautiful surprise, and Antonia shook her head while her chest brimmed with love and warmth.

Even after eighteen years, the moment Iris's beautiful eyes found the serenity of her heart; her precious children, her soul soared just like it did the first time. At moments like these, as she gazed at the most adorable grinning faces of her babies, the pain she had to suffer in her past just to get here, seemed nothing but a faded memory; and her chest brimmed with love for them, her vampire and magic buzzing with contentment, too. Iris's eyes found her eldest then, Tulip Azure Frost, who was now sixteen years old and she pulled her in just to press a sweet loving kiss against her forehead. Before she could even pull away from Tulip, her nine-year-old, Sadie Sybil Frost, had tugged her face in her direction before showering her with sweet kisses; making Tulip roll her eyes and Antonia laugh. Once Sadie was done, she snuggled into her side happily and Iris finally turned to her middle child, the one who was most parallel to her; Ethel Iris Frost, and when they leaned closer to let her kiss their forehead too, her chest felt too small to contain all the love inside it.

Antonia decided to greet her wife as well and joined her family...

"Happy Birthday, My Iris." Pecking her mate's lips, Antonia had wished her lovingly, and Ethel and Tulip smiled at their parents while Sadie grunted unhappily before nestling even closer to her Maman.

"Thank you for the lovely surprise, my loves. I am the luckiest to have you all." Iris told her beautiful family, wrapping them all in her arms, and Antonia kissed Sadie's head when she made a sour face: she always despised sharing her Maman with others.

"How long have you been awake, Maman?" Asked Tulip with a knowing look on her pretty face, causing Ethel to chuckle softly and Antonia pulled them in her arms as she watched Iris trying and failing to conjure a proper response.

"Well... I love you all so much that it is impossible for me to not feel your winsome presence, my loves." Iris explained with the most endearing sheepish look on her face, her golden eyes warmest, and while Antonia's vampire and magic purred at the sight, Tulip shook her head with a chuckle.

"We love you too, Maman! I, the most!" Sadie had exclaimed happily, straddling her stomach before leaning down just to cup her face and kiss it all over again and Iris merely smiled as she let her, feeling the happiest with her family.

"No, you don't, you little monkey. Since I am the oldest, I love Maman the most, not you." Tulip pushed Sadie away with those teasing words, causing the nine-year-old to burst into tears, and Iris was quick to hug her baby while Ethel rolled their eyes silently.

"Do not cry, little bird. I know you all love me and your Mom just as equally as I love all of you... Come now, sweet bird, do not hurt your precious eyes." Iris cooed at her youngest, showering her with kisses as she sniffed cutely, and Antonia gave her a look that made Tulip giggle.

"You and I both know that they love you the most, my Iris. Because you spoil them so." Antonia teased through their bond, causing Iris to give her a warm smile as she kept Sadie pressed into her chest, and Ethel leaned into her at once, as if they had heard her words too.

Just then, another voice reached the happy family...

"Happy secondary Birthday, Iris!" Sybil and Genevieve shouted in unison, making the kids giggle at the birthday caps that they were wearing, and Iris beamed when she noticed that Azure and the rest of the family were there too.

"Mother!" Iris rushed into Athena's opened arms as if she had not seen her for ages, making Sybil and Genevieve scowl at once, and Ray welcomed her daughter into a hug when she turned to her while Azure watched them with a smile.

"Happy Birthday, Maman's heart." Ray kissed her daughter's cheeks, getting teary-eyed already, and Athena kneeled just in time for Sadie to crash into her open arms, groaning happily.

"Grandmother! I have missed you so much!" Sadie yelled happily, clinging to Athena just like she did to Iris, and Ray cooed at the sweet child before kissing her cheeks while Tulip scowled at the little devil.

"We literally met the day before yesterday--" Sybil was scowling at the little child as she said those words when Kahlan's elbow connected with her ribs in warning and she immediately looked down at her mate with an innocent expression.

"Do not start with Sadie again, Sybil. Everyone knows you will not win and then I will have to hear you whine about it the whole time." Said Sin, wrapping her arms around Kahlan only to have her melt in her hold and Genevieve giggled as she watched Sybil's face flush.

"It is true, Mama Sybil. Nobody can win against that little demon, I swear." Tulip consoled her aunt as she hugged Azure, making the elders chuckle, and Sadie glared at her sister only to get kisses from Athena.

"Ethel, come here, darling. Let me hold you." Ray's words caught everyone's attention, causing them to glance at Ethel who was standing beside Antonia, and Iris smiled before walking over to her child, her eyes the most gentle as she kneeled before them.

"It is alright, my love. I am right here with you, I promise." Iris whispered, her heart aching when she caught the fear in Ethel's eyes, and Antonia nodded when they looked up at her, a comforting smile on her ethereal face.

Ethel took a deep breath before letting Iris guide them...

As Iris watched her family greeting a silent and timid Ethel, who was being shadowed by a protective Tulip, her chest clenched with an ache that reached her mate and sisters, and Antonia's hand slipped into hers right before she wrapped her arm around her waist. Just like their birth parent, Ethel was born with a cognizance that was much, much, ancienter than they were - they were the center of every other version of themself too - and Iris had realized that attribute when they were still in her womb. This truth caused Iris a great deal of pain and suffering, the thought of having cursed her child made her vampire and magic go feral in agony, and she would have been unable to even go through with it if Antonia and Esme had not been patient and understanding with her. Together with their amazing family, Antonia ensured the safety of their unborn child, and seeing all of their efforts, Iris decided to have faith too.

Once Ethel was born, Iris wanted nothing more than to make sure that her child would never go through the torment that she faced, and for that to happen, she vowed to stop traveling altogether; which was one of the toughest decisions she ever had to make. She knew it was unfair to Tulip, who was destined to become one of the most powerful travelers, but she could not risk Ethel's safety and, fortunately, everyone understood. Iris, together with her family, raised Ethel in a way she wished she were, and with hers, Antonia's, and Esme's unconditional love and efforts, Ethel started to enjoy their childhood and interact with their family more easily. It only helped that Tulip and Sadie were just as protective of Ethel as the adults and they made sure to let them know just how loved they were. No matter what.

Antonia smiled when Iris walked over to Ethel the moment she heard their heart rate quickening, engulfing them in her arms before whispering sweet affirmations that made them lean into her, and Azure nudged Sybil when she noticed her getting teary-eyed at the beautiful scene. Athena pulled Ray against her heart, both of them watching the scene with pride, and Genevieve grabbed Antonia's arm while Sin walked on her other side. Sybil's eyes caught Sadie when the little girl started walking towards Ethel and Iris and just as she was about to stop her, Kahlan grabbed her arm before shaking her head; warning her to stay put. Tulip looked away from Ethel when she sensed Sadie moving closer and she smiled the moment their sister wrapped her tiny arms around Ethel from behind; a small look on her face.

"I am here, Ethel. Don't be sad." Sadie had mumbled in a small voice, causing Ethel to pull away from Iris's arms, and Antonia felt her eyes tearing as well when she saw her children embracing each other most lovingly.

"I am okay, Sadie. Do not worry, little sister." Ethel's gentle voice reached everyone's ears, causing Antonia to rush to their side at once, and Iris watched as their mate crushed their children in her arms, her happiness blooming in her chest.

"Come here, Maman's love." Iris brought Tulip in her arms then, causing her sisters to grin proudly as they shared her happiness through their bond, and Athena shook her head when Ray wiped the tears from her face.

The next person to speak made Tulip and Sadie groan in unison...

"What the fuck is going on here?!" Said the loud, shrill, voice belonging to none other than Ceres, Sybil's firstborn, and the redhead barged into the room with a hurtful and betrayed expression on her lovely face.

"You promised you would wait for us to return before wishing Maman! How could you, Tulip?! We trusted you!" Ceres yelled at her sister, causing Tulip to roll her eyes, and Sin gently pushed Kahlan forward because she was the only one who could calm their beloved daughter.

"Ceres, my sweet girl, you're home." Although she did not intend to, Kahlan had started weeping at the sight of her precious daughter and Ceres melted as soon as she saw her, embracing her at once.

"I missed you too, Mama. So much. I hate the food at the academy." Ceres complained with a pout, causing Kahlan to grab her face and kiss her all over, and Tulip was about to retort when someone else did that for her.

"It did not seem that way last night when you were inhaling my portion of the dinner as well." Spoke an elegant, charming voice that made Azure gasp, and Genevieve face-palmed when her wife rushed over to their daughter only to crush her in a bear hug, her eyes were already teary.

Born only a few days apart; Tulip, Ceres, and Irene shared a bond quite similar to the one that Iris, Azure, and Sybil did. The girls were all sixteen, standing at the same height, and if it were not for their physical appearances, everyone would easily mistake them for triplets. Tulip inherited Iris's white hair and eyes while Irene and Ceres got their mother's blue and red colored attributes. Their powers were a mixture of their parents' as well. While Tulip and Irene had vampires and magic, thanks to Kahlan being half Angel and Sin being the queen of Succubi, Ceres hosted a fourth presence too. Each girl was blessed with their special abilities; like her Maman Tulip could time travel, Ceres, being the Crown Princess of the Succubi, could make anyone do her bidding and Irene, who had discovered her special gift the earliest, still refused to share it with the rest.

The girls were the pride and joy of their families and future Queens too...

"Irene, my sweet daughter, oh how I have missed you. I curse that horrid academy for taking you away from me." Azure's words made Irene chuckle, the sound as magical as she was, and Genevive rolled her eyes before approaching them.

"Irene is a smart young woman who knows the importance of education; magical and non-magical... Hi, honey. Welcome home." Genevieve had teased her wife before hugging their daughter and Azure scowled at her words only to beam when Ceres embraced her; making Sybil exclaim in betrayal.

"Happy secondary birthday, Maman. As always, we are all so very blessed and lucky to have you." Irene greeted Iris, her voice most gentle and sweet, and Iris chuckled before pulling her into a hug; casting her Blue a look of pure adoration and pride.

"As am I, my sweet girl. Thank you so much for coming home. I know how busy you always are following in your mothers' footsteps. We are all so proud of you-- We are proud of all of you children." Iris changed her words in the nick of time, causing her mate and sisters to giggle, and Ceres nodded happily while Tulip smiled while shaking her head.

"I do mean it. It still evades me why you wish to celebrate this day still but--" Iris was not exactly surprised when almost everyone complained at her words, Tulip coming to hug her tightly, and Sadie giggled in Athena's arms while Antonia held Ethel protectively.

"We celebrate this day, and will always do so because this is the day that Goddess blessed us with a second chance with you and saved our family in this and every other timeline as well... It is one of the most significant days of our lives. So we ought to celebrate it as such." Antonia spoke on behalf of her family, one that she loved with her whole heart, and everyone nodded in agreement while Iris smiled softly.

"And we didn't invite everyone this time. Only Mama June and her family. Uncle Alastair can not make it since they are going to have another baby soon but I promise it will be worth it." Sybil explained, quickly and happily, and Genevive nodded at once before giving Iris the puppy dog eyes that always worked on her.

"If it makes you all happy, then we shall celebrate." Iris conceded, making everyone cheer and laugh, and Tulip groaned when Ceres bear-hugged them both, making Irene chuckle gently as she stayed close to Azure's heart.

And then, Antonia and Ray guided everyone outside to get ready...

"Any word from her?" Genevive had caught Iris's arm before asking that, the despair in her voice was palpable, and Azure sighed deeply as she watched her mate, wishing she could help her more than anything.

"I am afraid not, my dear... Esme misses you as well but she needs more time. I can feel her anguish even as we speak." Iris's eyes showed her grief as she spoke of the woman whom she was still anchored to and Genevieve chuckled bitterly at her words, her eyes tearing.

"It doesn't feel like it anymore. Not after she left as if I mean nothing to her... It has been seven years since she deserted us, Iris, how much more time does she need? Irene asks for her every time she visits from the academy and... Sylvia will be here soon... I can not do this without her." Genevive placed a shaky hand on her growing womb when she said that, causing Azure to embrace her from behind, and Iris wished that Esme would give her an answer but all she received was silence.

"It's okay, I understand... If I were her real daughter or sister, maybe she would have stayed for me... Thank you, Iris. I appreciate your kindness." With a heavy heart and teary eyes, Genevive all but ran away from them and Azure sighed heavily while Iris breathed deeply.

"She has been like this for weeks now. She misses Esme most dearly. She was here when Irene was born and it meant the world to Gen. But now... Please ask her to visit us, Iris. At least once." Azure begged her sister, her chest throbbing with her mate's grief, and Iris nodded before watching her walk away as well.

The last several years that Esme had been gone were hard on everyone, they all missed her - especially the children - but it was the toughest for Athena, Iris, Antonia, and Genevieve because they were the closest to her. After Iris, it was Esme who got to hold Tulip in her arms when she was born and no matter how hard she tried to hide it, her envy and pain reached her anchor as easily as her happiness did. And when Ethel was about to be born, Esme had refused to leave Iris alone, even for a day, and helped her throughout the journey. When Iris went into labor, things got complicated and Esme knew that even with Antonia's powerful magic, it would be impossible for her to survive so she had given her anchor all of her power and saved her. Esme was the first person to hold Ethel in her arms, creating an instant bond with the child who looked at her as if they had met before, and Antonia smiled through her tears as the woman wept shamelessly while cradling them.

But, despite their bond growing stronger than ever over these years, Iris also knew that the vast emptiness that Esme carried inside her chest had gotten more and more prominent with each passing moment. It was one of the reasons why Iris could never break their bond and let her go. The change had started since the day Goddess told Esme about her mate, dispersed the darkness trapped within her after eons, and informed her that she had gotten a second chance. But, no matter how many times Iris tried to approach the subject or offered her help to find her mate, Esme either completely shut down or pushed her away. It made Iris's worries increase and even Antonia had no clue how to help. Iris would often find Esme and Athena sitting silently beside the pond in their palace, a look of peace on their faces, and the only other time Esme seemed happy was when she was with the children, especially Ethel.

But then, one day, nothing was enough to keep her there...

"Esme..." Iris whispered her name softly, her sadness reaching Antonia who tried to ameliorate her through their bond at once, and when she knew no answer would come, she continued.

"I understand that you need more time. You know I do. But you need to come home, please. We... I need you. I miss you, Esme." She admitted lowly, allowing her vulnerability to seep through, and when no response came, she looked up only to find Antonia there.

"Give her more time, my Iris. She will come home. I have faith in her." Antonia embraced her mate strongly, running her fingers through her white hair the moment she nuzzled her neck and Iris felt the new presence before they even spoke.

"Maman?" Ethel was standing a few feet away from their parents, a look of pure concern on their small face, and, unlike Antonia, Iris was not at all surprised to realize that they had felt her emotions.

"I am alright, my love. Come here." Opening her arms, Iris smiled a bright smile, and Ethel did not waste a second before walking into her warm embrace, they were always at peace in her strong arms.

"Did you sense that I was sad? Or did you hear us?" Antonia inquired gently, brushing the soft white locks of her child as they still clung to Iris, and Ethel looked up without pulling away, their white eyes were tinted gold.

"I did not mean to, Mom. I just could not help it. I... I felt Maman was sad and then I heard her speaking to Mama Esme... I know Mama Esme is sad too but she did not convey it. I think she needs more time to come home." Ethel's voice uttered inside their parents' minds, it was gentle and calm yet a bit anxious, and while Antonia was shocked, Iris kneeled before them only to cradle their face.

"Do not be nervous, Ethel. Remember what I always say? You can tell us anything, my love. Anything at all. And I know that you did not mean to pry, your Mom does too..." Iris's voice was the most loving when she spoke, causing Ethel to visibly relax at the sound of it, and Antonia nodded the moment they both looked up at her, smiling.

"You are our child, Ethel. Your mothers and family are born with considerable powers and you have inherited that. You may already be thirteen but your abilities are still evolving, my love. And you do not need to fear them because we will help you learn about and have command over them so that they may never scare you. Do you understand, my love? Do not be scared for I am right here with you." Iris assured her child again, she would do it as many times as needed, and Ethel's eyes brimmed with tears right before they hugged her again; making Antonia embrace them both.

"Mama Esme is sad, Maman. I hear her crying every night. My chest aches with her pain yet I can not seem to help her. I know how to but I do not wish to disappoint you by doing so." Ethel confessed those words with a throbbing sadness, one that Iris knew all too well, and Antonia frowned in worry while her mate pulled away.

"I know you want to help your Mama Esme, and I know you have the answers, too. But you can not travel, Ethel. You must not. No matter the cost. We made a vow, did we not? You, your siblings, and I? We are doing this to protect you, my love. We will do anything to protect you." Iris did not mean to sound as firm as she did and while Ethel nodded at once, Antonia could feel her mate's fear and desperation.

"I give you my word that I will make sure your Mama Esme is okay and I will do whatever it takes to bring her the happiness that she deserves... But, please, my love, do not travel into the future or the past. I beg of you. I have been there, my love. I have done what you wish to do and I... I know I am selfish for doing this but I can not lose you, Ethel. Not to the suffering that may follow or--" When Iris's voice broke, Ethel threw their arms around her at once and she clung to her child desperately, trembling as she tried to keep in her tears.

"Please do not cry, Maman. I will do as you say and I will not travel. Please, do not cry, Maman. I can not stand to see you sad." Ethel pleaded in a small voice, their childish innocence making Iris weep even more, and Antonia glanced up when a portal suddenly opened only to gasp softly.

Iris could not believe her eyes...

"What have you done now, Iris? Why is my precious Ethel weeping like that?" As soon as she stepped through the portal, Esme started fussing about Ethel crying and Antonia chuckled through her tears when they hugged her strongly.

"Mama Esme! You came back!" The child-like glee in Ethel's voice made Esme laugh and, despite the beautiful sound, Iris felt her pain when she leaned down to kiss their head lovingly.

"Of course, I did. You called me, didn't you? I promised you that whenever you call, I will come. So, here I am." Pulling away just so she could gaze in her loved white eyes, Esme had spoken cheekily, and Ethel nodded before running away, assumably to tell Tulip about her arrival.

"Iris, I..." Esme started to speak once she could, her eyes heavy with remorse and grief, but Iris did not even let her as she crushed her into a hug and Antonia watched them with a delighted heart; so very joyful that she was home at last.

"You are not leaving us again, Esme. You must not. I will compel you if I have to but I will not let you---" Iris's threat was drowned when the youngsters came rushing in, screaming like demons, and Esme welcomed them all with a genuine bright smile.

The children hadn't even left Esme's side when the adults followed, all of them surrounding her with loving words and hugs, and Iris smiled when Genevieve clung to her; sobbing as she complained about being pregnant all alone while Azure looked baffled as she watched her mate. The moment only became ten times better when the howls of their wolf family rang through the palace and Esme laughed before leaning against Athena when the children ran out to welcome them. Well, all except for Tulip and Irene, of course, who walked as gracefully as their mothers. Ethel stayed behind for they refused to leave Esme's side. Iris sighed happily before walking out with her mate, feeling complete at last, and Esme held Ethel's hand as they followed them; noticing how tall they had grown already.

Iris beamed at her family, sending a silent thank you into the universe...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4K 43 13
So, for any of u who are fans of the Eeveelution Squad comic series created by: EV-Zero. We bring u me and my real life friend Muskan's version of wh...
1.8K 148 5
**THIS IS THE SECOND PART OF BORROWED TIME, PART ONE IS ALREADY ON MY PAGE!** Juliette Smith is aware that everything she does is on borrowed time. H...
1.1K 27 11
Iris has lived her entire life in the prison of royalty. New princes coming every day, attempting to entice her into marriage. Eventually, one prince...
175K 6.6K 49
Sexual content 18 and older advised Iris is an alpha female. She's beautiful, powerful, reliable and the future queen of the werewolf world There ar...