Welcome To Demon School! Ange...

By Sugarflyarts

Erica Cassiel had been a Guardian Angel for quite some time now and although her vassal lead a life that was... More

Prologue: A Heavenly Demonic Disdain
Ch 1: The Tuna Fishing Boat Accident
Ch 2: An Angel in Demon School
Extra 1: World-building and Character information
Ch 3: Unfamiliar Summonings
Ch 5: Playtime with Clara!
Ch 6: Halo To You Too!
Ch 7: Fight, Flight, or Fall?
Ch 8: A Guardian and A Shadow
Ch 9: An Already Blossomed Flower
SUKIMA! 1-9

Ch 4: Interrogations and Instigations

436 22 5
By Sugarflyarts

Her after school meeting with Kalego-sensei was cancelled as a result of him fainting and most likely being bedridden due to shock. Oh well, she at least inadvertently tried to save him. Unfortunately for her though, another staff member would be picking up that role.

The chairdemon.

A nervous wave pulsated through her being, complemented by her body's increased heart rate and as a result and she sort of wanted to implode.

She didn't think she would ever get used to that sensation.

Breath in two three four... remembering all her lessons in heaven when she was about one or two years old along with breathing exercises she picked up in the Overworld, she tried to calm her senses.

Memorizing every function of each blood vessels and organ in the human body. Along with cellular functions and stimulus as well.

Ah, fun times.

She could use this knowledge to her advantage, despite her body technically not exactly being that of a human's, with the lack of any scent nor the blood that demons were so desperate to consume. Still she felt vulnerable, without a body her interpretation of what had been going on around her was much more open. Now she had to rely only on five senses. She could only barely sense auras now.

In her current state of being she was entirely human, yet not at all. Still an angel. Malakim would be the right word for it, a way for angels to look more human, for those who would actually be seen. A method developed so that angels did not have to reveal their true forms to humans. This would make things easier for messengers at least.

She did have to wonder though: could her kind just a myth to the demon populous like how humans were? Angels were usually elusive after all, even in the human world. Rarely ever revealing themselves but usually always there. Erica assumed humans were myths in the Netherworld considering the way the demons here spoke about humans. So her kind would just be a myth of a myth.

But the chairdemon was the obvious exception to that. With him already having been to the human world at least once before. She had no idea the extent to his knowledge regarding angels.

Could he be onto me already? Is that why he was picking up this meeting?

Then a sudden force came from behind. Grabbing her.

(How the hell did I spend over 8 hours making this?? Why did I cut it off like that???)

"Eriri! Eriri! You can stay and play right?!"

Eriri, The nickname given to her by Clara Valac, who was was currently tugging at her cardigan sleeve, whom Erica had met during the summoning ritual. Erica had helped her familiar off of her after the strange girl had used herself as a demon surfboard for said familiar.

Then the greenette had procceded to do the fastest introduction ever and was now insistent on following Erica everywhere.

Perhaps the clinginess had something to do with the head pat Erica had given her in the summoning hall? Maybe their spontaneous game of patty-cake few minutes ago? Eh It was probably the piggyback ride Erica had given her less than 6 seconds ago.

"Sorry about that Clara, I have to visit the Principal in his office."

"Hmph, at least leave your familiar to play hide and seek!" Clara pouted.

"But I'm not even sure I have one." the angel said

That was true, the summoning itself did work. But no familiar in sight.

"It's still be better than the others who just ask for snacks and then leave! At least I could pretend to have someone to play with!" She pouted.

She did not expect this demon to get this attached. Let alone to let Erica know how the other demons treated her so quickly. Despite the hatred she and all of her king felt towards all demons, she couldn't help but feel bad for this little gremlin.

"I um, could give you this... Sorry if it isn't much" Erica handed a chocolate bar out from her pocket. It was something for Iruma she had planned to leave in his bag or something after his shift ended. Before the disaster on the fishing boat happened.

"Ooooh Waah!?? You're giving me something!" Clara beamed "Wow! I don't think I've ever seen this kind before!"

It was candy from the Overworld. That might be problematic.

But Clara merrily munches away on it and right now Erica felt glad to be helpful to someone at least.

"See you later!" She waved and Clara was doing some sort of happy dance and humming a song.

Weird little devil. Erica thought with a small smile.

___

After a bit of reflection, she realized what may have gone wrong with her spell during the familiar summoning.

The spell was supposed to stop a portal from opening from the Netherworld to the Overworld right. But since they were already in the Netherworld...

Oh Father in heaven, she has been making so many mistakes lately.

She opened the door to the chairdemon's office and was greeted by a redhaired cat butler.

"Please have a seat."

The chairdemon had an cheerful expression as Erica sat down.

"Opera, please get us some hell grey tea."

"Right away Sullivan, sir" The redhead cat demon nodded as they picked up a kettle and began pouring a liquid that wasn't grey but had a bit of an ominous aura for smoke.

"So I hear your familiar summoning ritual was an experience, yes?"

"Um, in every way, yeah it really was..." Erica replied.

"Fortunately for you, you won't be expelled."

"Oh really?"

"It's too early to evaluate a demon's worth, especially through just one test. Babylus does accept all sorts of demons after all. Kalego can be rather harsh in his decisions, don't you think?" he continued "However he's currently in bed rest so I can make all the decisions here."

"That's a relief..." Erica smiled.

This works too I guess. And here I was just already thinking of alternatives to stay in the Netherworld while also keeping Iruma safe.

"But as a result you will end up in the Misfit Class along with taking a few supplementary classes."

"The Misfit Class?" She asked

"Ah, yes a class of troublemakers and delinquents, also those who simply don't fit in."

"You put them all in one class?" She asked.

"Why yes, that's why they are called the misfits." He answered.

This school, this world even, is filled with freaks of nature. But sure, I'm the misfit here.

"Any chance I could transfer out of I do summon a familiar?"

"That's not how it works." Sullivan answered.

Well, at least I tried.

"Is that everything? could I leave now or...."

"Just another minute if you please, Cassiel. There are a few more things worth talking about."

It's always odd to be referred to by your progenitor's name, even if it's also technically your surname.

"About Iruma." His face got serious.

"What about him?" Erica asked.

"It's very likely my grandson will end up in the misfit class as well, It seemed as though you two got along swimmingly the first time you came to my office."

At this demon calling Iruma his grandson, Erica felt a pang of emotions go through her. None of them positive. But she kept a straight face.

"You have displayed your unique character through your actions at the first day. A few eyewitnesses even claim you jumped in to pull a girl out of the way during Iruma and Asmodeus's brawl." The chairdemon continued.

Oh yeah I did that.

"So you're hoping he and I could be friends? I don't think I would mind that. Iruma-kun does seem nice to be around"she asked. That likely wouldn't work out, considering how Iruma literally ran away from her during their first meeting.

Opera's cat ears twitched slightly and Sullivan chuckled before answering

"It's surprising that you know what that word means."

Is friendship a lesser known concept in the Netherworld? Weird. "I've only read about it. Never really had any." The angel said, staring into the cup in front of her. That's mostly true I guess.

In fact angels never focus on relationships of any kind. It would just get in the way of their work. And the idea even seemed revolting to most.

They can just come to whatever assumption about me, it may look suspicious if my story gets too detailed.

"Your background states you and your family lives separate from the rest of the Netherworld, yes?"

"Yeah, That's true."

He seemed to smile under his mustache.

"Well, you and my grandson seem to have that in common as well." He noted.

"Yeah, I guess we do. Iruma-kun really is a special demon."

_____

"Man, it feels like my uniform is still damp."

"You can't be devin' serious right now."

"I am-"

The room temperature suddenly increased drastically as the two demons looked behind them to see Asmodeus looking absolutely pissed.

The two formerly chattering demons took no chances and decided to run like their lives depended on it.

"The way is now clear Iruma-sama!" Asmodeus announced joyfully.

"Azz! You really didn't have to do that! We could have just waited!" The blue haired boy nervously spouted out.

"You are carrying all those textbooks, Master, it's only common courtesy for a humble servant, but if you say so." The pink haired demon said deflating a bit.

"Well these are pretty heavy." Iruma said "I think Grandpa wouldn't mind if we leave them in his office for now."

"And speaking of" Asmodeus smiled once again "We should be arriving right about..."

The two had arrived at the door only to find a short green haired girl radiating pure energy to sitting criss cross to the side of the door.

She then noticed them and bounced towards the two.

"Hi! I'm Clara! My right foot is Conner! My left foot is Murf! And I have a familiar named Falfal! Do you ever see something you just want to go Kablooey! I saw you guys in the newspaper wrestling and I was like WOW! That looks like such a fun game I wanna join too!"

Iruma turned to Asmodeus, he leaned in, hand covering the side of his face, as if he were telling Iruma a secret. "That's Clara Valac, she's a complete weirdo. Best not to indulge her lest she inprints on us"

"Um..." Iruma looked to her and smiled awkwardly.

"I'm waiting for someone right now! She promised she would play with me! And she seemed super nice!"

"Could you maybe move? We were hoping to leave these in Grandpa's office." Iruma asked her.

"Nonono! Eriri is busy in there!" Clara objected.

Iruma tilted his head at this "Eriri?"

"Yeah! It's a secret meeting!" Clara said in a loud whisper. She stood up, tapped her pockets and created a small bookshelf to the left of the door. She then took Iruma's bundle and placed it on the shelf, then doing the same with Asmodeus (who reluctantly followed Iruma's lead). The green haired demon looked rather proud of herself after the fact.

"Thanks. That's really nice of you." Iruma smiled at her.

"What are your names?! Please please please tell me!" She asked bouncing closer to Iruma while waving her arms up and down happily. At the word 'please' Iruma's pushover personality instantly kicked in at the world please.

"Oh! I'm Iruma, and This is Asmodeus"

"Iruma-sama, is it really alright to tell this... thing our names?" Asmodeus's brows twitched nervously.

"Iruma-chi and Azz-Azz!" She declared pointing at them both.

"Iruma-chi?" "..Azz-Azz?"

She turned her head and giggled and then glanced over at both of them.

"So... Do you wanna play with me?"

A/N: Wattpad's not been doing a good job with saving edits to drafts. Here's hoping old mistakes were not kept in.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.9K 121 7
hizuki shoku a 15-year-old girl has been isekai into Mairimashita-iruma kun by truck-kun. When opening her eyes she was a 7-year-old child in an aban...
15.7K 374 17
"Welcome to demon school! Mara chan and Iruma kun!" Yes, Suzuki Iruma, 14, a normal human boy and Mara Valentine, 15, a celestial exorcist who can se...
78.4K 2.4K 15
What if Iruma never was a human bit an angel and fell down from heaven? What if he lost all memories of being an angel? What if Sullivan finds him...
21.6K 389 32
First couple are copy and pasted from my oneshot book on ao3, but here on wattpad I can edit and write at school with my no service yayyy🎉 Anywho ju...