Call It What You Want - james...

By amoursatelier

"𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒆𝒔 π’Žπ’† π’π’Šπ’Œπ’† π’Š'π’Ž 𝒃𝒓𝒂𝒏𝒅 π’π’†π’˜!" (🌼) // HRH Pollyanna Williams found her great big advent... More

Call It What You Want - james potter.

( zero .ᐟ ) β€Ή back to schoolπŸ’«

35 3 27
By amoursatelier

            ౨ৎ'🌙 .
word count: 1.34k
! chapter zero
౨ৎ back to school!

"POLLY!" 

She giggled for the millionth time that day, enjoying the fact that she could threaten her cousin with her newfound abilities, though she never intended to act upon those threats. 

She couldn't use magic outside of Hogwarts, of course, but what they didn't know wouldn't kill them. 

Pollyanna Williams, more commonly known as Polly — she believed that Pollyanna was the name a grandma of 115 years who's body was completely decomposed and only the skeletal parts remained, deserved — was a young girl of 14 who had completed her first year at Hogwarts' School of Witchcraft and Wizardry only a few months ago, and was now preparing to leave for her second year where she planned to become a great witch. 

When she returned, she'd been informed by her oh-so lovely Lady Tremaine ( her governess whom she despised, and she had two daughters who despised her, so it was bound to fit anyway ) that her darling cousin Merlin ( yes, he was named after the wizard ) was going to stay with her family for the coming summer, and the summer after that, and the one after that. . .until they were both of age and their parents could not make decisions for their summers anymore. 

Unfortunately for little miss Lady Tremaine, Polly and Merlin made the castle a living hell whenever they got together. It was alright to assume that mischief ran through their veins, for apparently, their fathers — both of them cousins — were similar in that way. 

Now, as much as she enjoyed Merlin's company, she also loved scaring him, and since she could only inform close family of her magic, she didn't hesitate in opening up to Merlin as soon as he came from Wales. 

Ironically enough, Merlin was born into a family where witches and wizards were considered heretics and lunatics. 

Well, until Pollyanna was accepted into Hogwarts. No noble could curse out the heir to their throne, could they? 

"So, when do you bring peace to this castle by returning to Scotland?" Merlin couldn't help but envy Polly, who'd told him of all the fun she had at Hogwarts — the friends she made, things she learned, and Quidditch! She'd loved sports as a child, and now almost 14, she wanted nothing more than to participate in the sport of the school, in any way possible — even if it was as a commentator. 

Oh, and the houses! Merlin, being the second to inherit the throne in case anything were to happen to Polly, had been tutored in the ways of the world and the royalty within the castle doors itself, and didn't exactly get a choice in the matter of whether he were to attend public or private school or not. 

Polly tried to make him understand that his health had been fragile since the day he was born, and being a year younger than her, she held a lot of influence over what he did and didn't do, even if neither of the children were aware of the fact. 

"Two more weeks, then it's back to the Ravenclaw dorms." 

Polly also tried to make him look on the bright side — he didn't have to attend school twice! Polly had to attend Lady Tremaine's classes as soon as she was back from Hogwarts, for the heir to the throne had to be well versed in the country's politics, the country's economy, and of course, the ways of being a lady. 

"C'mon then," called Merlin, "let's give aunt Mary a final heart-attack before you run away for God knows how many months." 

"POLLYANNA BEATRICE WILLIAMS AND ARCHIE MERLIN WILLIAMS, YOU BETTER GET DOWN HERE IN THE NEXT THREE SECONDS!" 

Queen Maryanne did not mess around when it came to the royal kids' safety. 

"Mum I swear we won't fall!" 

"What about Archie?" 

"It's Merlin!" Merlin despised his first name, hence the use of the middle name. "And I won't fall down either, Auntie Mary, you can trust me." 

"Down." Mary narrowed her eyes. "Now." 

As much as Pollyanna enjoyed annoying her mother, especially when she felt chaotic, she didn't want to die by the Queen's hands, and so she started to slowly climb back down, her riding gear now dirty from the dust on the tree, and almost made a show of slipping down the trunk. . .until she realised she'd have to be alive to make it Hogwarts. 

But wouldn't it be interesting to add in another ghost to the collection?

Yes, but not so early. Perhaps after graduation? 

Maryanne wasn't happy with the kids breaking her explicit rules of not messing about in the courtyard, or anywhere that wasn't safe. What if it were the King who'd found them instead of Mary? 

She twisted an ear each of the kids, pulling them along with her towards the castle. 

"Ow, ow, ow!" Polly winced, "Mum! I'm sorry!" 

Maryanne twisted her face into a little smile at the apology. She didn't let go of them entirely, but only loosened her grip, "Come on, Polly, I've got to help you pack for school. And as for Merlin, we've got some news." 

Merlin sucked in a short breath - news for him could only mean health from his doctors, which were seldom positive. 

Polly and Mary both noticed his sudden drop in mood, - that being the reason why Mary switched to a comforting squeeze on his shoulder rather than pulling his ear and Polly started talking, or rather ranting, about Lady Tremaine to her mother. 

"Professor!" Polly tried her best not to appear troubled when she took notice of her transfiguration teacher on her living room couch - a living room big enough to serve as a flat for three. "Not that I mind, but uh, to what do we owe this pleasure?" 

"Well, Miss Williams." McGonagall peered down at the girl, well aware why she was so fidgety. "It appears that you are not the only member of this family capable of being part of the magical world." 

McGonagall switched her gaze to Archie, her stern expression morphing into a soft smile, "Prince Archie, I believe this is for you." 

The letter she held out was clearly affirming Polly's thoughts - Merlin got in! A wide grin was on her face, though the surprise didn't wear off. 

"Polly, please take your brother to his room while Professor has a conversation with Auntie Susan and Uncle Robert," Polly's father, Jonathan, asked, giving a warm smile to the children as he did so. 

Smiling was common in the family, maybe. 

As soon as they were out of the family's sight and within the secrecy of the corridors - lest the guards standing outside the occupied bedrooms, but they never told anyone about the princess's outbursts of excitement - Polly jumped in joy and gave out a squeal, hugging the dear life out of Merlin. 

"Christ, Polly, to think you can barely stand having me around for a month." Merlin hugged her back, his grin just as wide as hers - if not more. 

"Oh, I can't stand you for more than a week." Polly pulled away and started hopping towards his bedroom. "But if you're coming to Hogwarts with me, then it just means that I can prank you every other week instead of every six months!" 

author's note: hello!! this was just a short chapter, an intro of sorts, towards polly and her family. sorry that it had to be messy! there will be more of polly, her parents, merlin, and ofc, james to come in future chapters, when polly returns to hogwarts <3

take care, ily! <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

364K 13.1K 57
𝐈𝐍 π–π‡πˆπ‚π‡ Ellie Sloan reunites with her older brother when her hospital merges with his jackson avery x ellie sloan (oc) season six ━ season se...
1.1M 19.3K 132
requests (open) walker scobell imagines AND preferences :) -- #1 - riordan (04.30.24) #1 - leenascobell (05.29.24) #2 - adamreed (04.30.24) #2 - momo...
621K 31.5K 60
A Story of a cute naughty prince who called himself Mr Taetae got Married to a Handsome yet Cold King Jeon Jungkook. The Union of Two totally differe...
140K 5.8K 102
a sister who's actions are untamed, and a brother who's feelings are untamed. With complete different personalities, yet an awesome bond, the sibling...