Sing Your Harmony

By OneArtsyGamer03

OneArtsyGamer03 here, lovelies... Republishing of "Sing Your Harmony"! ... Dream big dreams, right? Somethin... More

Alice in Wonderland
Getting the Gang Together
Jimmy Crystal
Ideas for the Musical
Nikolaus
Practice Makes... Perfect?
Replaced
Carnival Date
New Dance Instructor
Not so Happy Jimmy
Learning the Steps
Doomed
The Wrath of Crystal
Jump Out That Window
The Show Must Go On!
The Planet of Devotion
The Planet of War
The Planet of Joy
The Planet of Love
Break Free!
Planet of Despair
Planet of Saudade
Your Song Saved My Life

Merlin

2.4K 102 161
By OneArtsyGamer03

...

"And... one, two, three, four!" Klaus' voice rings out in the studio, the dancers all hard at work with their poses and steps as the metronome ticks softly. "Five, six, seven!"

The dancers move in sync, watching Klaus anxiously as he passes them while slapping his yoga stick along the railings threateningly.

"And one! Two, three, four," Klaus gives a sharp glare to one of the dancers, making him yelp and straighten out before he could be struck. "Five, six, seven!"

Klaus pauses as he passes (Y/N), his scowl deepening as he turns and watches her. She was currently looking over the song she was to sing in the musical by the mirrors, humming the tune lightly as she dances the proper steps for her dance with Johnny for the planet of War. Only, Johnny was nowhere to be found.

"(Y/N), where is your partner?" Klaus demands, his words in sync to the ticking. "And! One, two, three, four..." he gives another sharp glare to a dancer who was relaxing slightly, making him squeak and correct himself.

"Uh..." (Y/N) wracks her brain for a good excuse, setting the song script down on her duffle.

Klaus scoffs under his breath with an eye roll, his brow twitching in annoyance. "If he does not show up in ten minutes, Nikolaus will be your partner. Get ready, now!"

(Y/N) gives him a blank glare for a moment, her eyes shifting towards where Nikolaus was leaning against the wall. He had been talking to another dancer, pausing when he heard his father mention his name.

They make brief eye contact, (Y/N) groaning with an annoyed eye roll as she sits on the bench with a huff while silently hoping Johnny gets there soon.

...

(Y/N), now in her proper dance attire which consisted of a loose (F/C) shirt and black (Yoga/Sweat) pants, stood by the other dancers practicing with her arms folded over her chest, her foot tapping lightly on the ground anxiously.

She pulls out her phone, pulling up her chat with Johnny.

12:02 p.m:

(Y/N User): H E L P

She watches the screen for a moment, feeling relief when his chat icon pops up and the three dots appear. (Y/N) glances up, watching Klaus shout at one of the dancers while smacking him with his yoga stick.

Her phone dings, making her eyes shift down quickly.

12:02 p.m:

SkaterSong: on my way, love! What's giiong on??

(Y/N) can't help but snicker at his typo, a content smile on her face as her cheeks warm up.

12:03 p.m:

(Y/N User): BIG NOSE IS GOING TO MAKE ME PRACTICE WITH HIS SONNN!!!!(┬┬﹏┬┬)(*>Д<)o

She sends the message, watching with amusement as the three dots appear, disappear, and then reappear. Her smile falls slowly as the dots disappear once more, and vanish completely.

Her phone starts to ring, Johnny's image appearing as she smiles, though it falls when she notices someone standing in front of her. (Y/N) looks up, Nikolaus clearing his throat lightly as he scans the other dancers.

(Y/N) bites the inside of her cheek in annoyance, her phone dinging softly to notify her that she missed the call. Her phone dings once more, but before she could check it, Nikolaus spoke.

"Hey."

(Y/N)'s brows twitch down, her face contorting into a confused scowl. "... Hi?"

Nikolaus turns to her fully, his chin angled upward as he looks down his nose at her. "I don't think we've met."

"No," (Y/N) disagrees, shaking her head. "We have. In the hall, a few days ago."

Nikolaus' mouth quirks upward to the side, "Ah, yes. I recall the small bruising I had on my arm, and the fact you did not apologize. Feisty little thing, aren't you? That was very rude, you know. Considering you ran into me."

"Listen," (Y/N) boredly starts, sighing sharply with a disinterested expression. "I'm not going to apologize for that just because you're the instructor's son, so if you came over here expecting one, you can--"

Her phone goes off once more, making her reach into her pocket and flick it to silent as she speaks.

"You can just tippy-toe back over to your corner. Because I knew a guy like you a while back, and it took everything in me not to punch him in the face," she continues, recalling the smug expression of Mike. "And I must admit, my patience is very thin these days. I am stressed, and would love nothing more than to just get this done so I can leave with my boyfriend and go on a nice date."

Nikolaus listens to her small rant with bemusement, seemingly unfazed as he hums lightly in acknowledgment. "Fair enough, but I did not come for an apology."

(Y/N) sighs harshly with annoyance, tilting her head. "Then what did you want?"

Nikolaus adjusts his tank top, brushing a loose strand of his hair from his face as he glances over his tank top idly. "I wanted to get to know you better, is all. After all, there is a high chance we will be partners by the time this is done."

"Partners...?" (Y/N) repeats, disbelief and a hint of anger in her voice.

"Yep," he places his hand on the wall beside her, leaning forward a bit. "I'm not just talking about being dance partners either."

(Y/N) gives him a hardened glare, angling her body away from him as she watches the glass door for a few seconds. Her hand clasps around her phone when she feels it vibrate for a few buzzes, signaling someone was calling her.

"I'm going to pretend you didn't just say that for your sake," she speaks harshly, bitterness lacing her words.

"Oh, for my sake?" Nikolaus questions in a musing tone, tilting his head with a smirk as he leans a bit closer. "Amusing. And what do I have to be fearful of?"

(Y/N)'s eyes become dark as her nose scrunches up, her knee raising slightly and ready to strike when--

"Her boyfriend."

Another voice joins in, making the two look over in question.

A boy who seemed around 22 was watching with uncertainty, some of his black, straight hair fallen in front of his light blue eyes. His skin was a light shade of tan, freckles littering his cheeks and nose. His light green eyes were narrowed as he frowns, his black, shaggy hair draped a bit in his eyes.

His eyes dart away from Nikolaus' icy glare to meet (Y/N)'s surprised look, his throat bobbing nervously as he swallows thickly. 

"Her boyfriend?" Nikolaus snickers with a raised brow, looking over his shoulder to the boy.

"You know... Johnny..." the boy quietly mumbles, his voice quieting with each word as he shifts a bit on his feet.

"Hmm?" Nikolaus loudly questions, cupping a hand over his ear. "Couldn't quite hear you there, kid. What was that?"

The boy meets (Y/N)'s gaze, his eyes shifting back up to Nikolaus.

"Come on, dude," he shakes his head lightly, frowning as he speaks with a stern quietness. "You know that Johnny is her dance partner. And her boyfriend. Knock it off."

Nikolaus seems amused, pushing himself away from (Y/N) and turning to the boy.

"Oh, yeah?" he asks with a low chuckle, shoving the boy's shoulder roughly and making him stagger back with a grunt.

"You want me to knock it off? Make me then, hero."

He swings his fist towards the boy's face, the boy ducking and avoiding it with a hardened expression. Nikolaus moves forward, the boy moving back and blocking one of his side punches with his forearms.

(Y/N) opens her mouth to yell at Nikolaus, her words dying in her throat when she hears Klaus' sharp voice ring out.

"Nikolaus! Come show these sorry loafs how it's done!" Klaus orders with a snap of his fingers, the other dancers panting heavily as they double over to catch their breaths.

Nikolaus continues to glare down at the boy, who unsurely glances towards Klaus.

"Better go," (Y/N) muses as she pats Nikolaus' back, instantly wiping her hand on her pant leg. "Don't wanna make dear old dad wait for you, do you?"

"Nikolaus!"

Nikolaus grumbles under his breath, rising to his full height and turning and walking over to his father and the dancers with a bright smile.

"What seems to be the problem, guys?" he asks in a light, cheery tone.

"That... is one scary guy," the boy shudders lightly, shaking his head as he watches Nikolaus interact with the others as if nothing happened, lightly rubbing his arm.

"What's his deal?" (Y/N) questions, glaring at Nikolaus with anger pooling her stomach. "Spoiled little rat."

The boy snickers quietly, clearing his throat and brushing some loose hair behind his ear.

"I don't know. He's just like that," he shrugs his shoulders with a head, frowning. "He's been like that since I joined this class. Always been a jerk."

"Oh," (Y/N) nods slowly, watching the dancers practice with her mouth curled to the side in slight irritation.

"I'm, uh, Merlin," the boy introduces himself, awkwardly patting his chest once. "One of the background dancers on the Planet of War."

(Y/N) smiles kindly, turning to him. "(Y/N)--"

"(Y/N) (L/N), the co-owner of the New Moon Theater and sister of Buster Moon!" Merlin finishes enthusiastically, nodding quickly before his smile drops to a sheepish look. "Sorry, I-- uh, I'm a big fan of the musicals you guys put on."

(Y/N) lights up at this, "you're from Calatonia?"

"Yeah," Merlin chuckles, rubbing the back of his neck lightly. "Came here about a month ago to try and become a professional dancer to hopefully end up in one of your shows."

His smile falls as he glances towards Klaus and Nikolaus, Klaus nodding with stern approval as Nikolaus shows the dancers the right moves.

"Turns out if you're not born into high class, you only have so many shots to become great." Merlin nods towards Nikolaus, scoffing with an eye roll.

"You didn't need to come here to be in our show," (Y/N) says with a frown, shaking her head. "I--I mean, we take in anyone, really! You could totally join our show--"

She pauses, letting out a short laugh.

"You're already in our show. This one," she gestures to nothing, Merlin chuckling as well. "But when we go back to Calatonia, you should totally come and join us!"

Merlin considers this for a moment, looking down thoughtfully. "You... you'd really let me join?"

"Of course!" (Y/N) nods enthusiastically, smiling brightly. "I'm sure Buster wouldn't mind, and I do owe you for helping me out with that jerk."

"Oh, don't mention it!" Merlin quickly assures, waving his hands almost cartoonishly as he shakes his head. "Really, I just didn't want you to get into trouble. I saw the way your knee raised."

(Y/N) lets out a sharp laugh in surprise, pulling her phone out and unlocking it. Merlin laughs as well, wincing with a wincing hiss.

"Can't imagine how that would've gone, but it would've been satisfying to see that jerk go down."

12:04 p.m: Missed Call From: Johnny ()

12:04 p.m:

SkaterSong: Wait, with Nikolaus??

SkaterSong: I'm on my way!! Don't do anything until I get there, please

12:08 p.m:

SkaterSong: Love??

SkaterSong: whats going on??

12:08 p.m: Missed Call From: Johnny ()

SkaterSong: are you there?😭

12:14 p.m:

SkaterSong: (Y/N)?

SkaterSong: I'll be there as soon as possible.

SkaterSong: He'd better not try anything.

12:20 p.m:

SkaterSong: I love you.

"Honestly, I kind of wish I didn't intervene," Merlin admits, rubbing his chin thoughtfully. "Nikolaus needs to be taken down a peg or two. I can't think of a better way than you kneeing him in the... you know."

(Y/N) stares down at the messages, the last two catching her off guard a bit. Her thumb hovers over the call button for a moment, piano music starting up making her look up with a light gasp.

"Time is up, come now!" Klaus shouts in his firm voice, the dancers all stilling and sighing with relief as they relax. "(Y/N), your turn to practice your scene with Johnny. But where is he?"

Klaus demands, some extra disgust put into his tone with Johnny's name.

"He-- He's on his way, almost here!" (Y/N) reassures quickly, eyes darting to the doors. "If we can just wait a few more minutes--"

"I was hired to teach!" Klaus interrupts, slapping his yoga stick along the piano and making the man restart the song. "And teach, I will! No wait. Now!"

(Y/N)'s shoulders deflate at this, Merlin frowning and side glancing at her warily.

"Since he is not here, Nikolaus will be your partner," Klaus continues, snapping his fingers. "And, begin!"

(Y/N) sighs as she sets her phone on the bench by her bag, practically dragging her feet towards the center of the room. Merlin watches sympathetically, Nikolaus joining her in the middle and the two posing in their first positions.

"Very good!" Klaus compliments in his same stern voice, only correcting (Y/N)'s head position slightly with his yoga stick. "Luckily it seems you have more talent than that bumbling fool. Now, begin!"

(Y/N) scowls at this, lowering her pose. "Well, whenever I teach Johnny how to dance for one of our shows, he's always great at it."

Klaus pauses, turning to her with a glare and a raised brow.

"So... maybe the problem's you." (Y/N) casually says, an innocent smile on her face as her eyebrows raise.

Some of the dancers murmur at this, Klaus' eyes widening a bit as his chest huffs furiously. Merlin's brows raise in surprise before he muffles a snort behind his hand, ducking behind some of the dancers when Nikolaus glares his way.

The doors quickly slam open, Johnny staggering inside and panting heavily as he quickly shrugs off his jacket and tosses it towards (Y/N)'s duffle.

"Sorry I'm late, Mr. Kickenklober," he apologizes out of breath, leaning his skateboard against the wall and wiping some sweat from his forehead. "I-- I got caught up doing something, and I just... lost track of time..."

Johnny turns towards the others, pausing when he notices the tense silence in the air and (Y/N) and Klaus glaring at one another.

"Ah, Johnny!" Klaus greets with false enthusiasm, glancing boredly at him with an icy smile. "I thought maybe you had been involved in a terrible accident and we'd never have to see you again, but never mind."

Johnny's face falls to an unamused look, "Seriously? Why do you have to be so mean all the time?"

"Because only when we suffer," Nikolaus calmly speaks up in a monotone, making the others turn to him as he leans back on the balance railings. "Can we be great. Others..." he gives a pointed look to Johnny, "can only try, and fail to be so."

Klaus smiles proudly, his eyes still narrowed. "Well said, Nikolaus. Now, places, everyone! Nikolaus, you will be playing his opponent in the climax of the scene."

"Um... no," (Y/N) chimes in, clicking her tongue and shaking her head. "No, I don't think so."

Klaus turns to her with a glare, "what?"

(Y/N) gives him a smug smile, smoothing out her shirt. "Well, since I'm kind of the co-director of this little show, I truly think it's best that the part be given to someone else. After all... Nikolaus is such a good teacher for the others, I'd hate to take him away from them."

Nikolaus' eyes widen a bit, his lips parting as his head snaps from her to his father in silent anger.

Klaus looks from him to (Y/N), his fingers curling tightly around his yoga stick and shaking lightly. (Y/N) only smiles, knowing Klaus couldn't do anything about her decision.

"... Very well," Klaus lowly agrees, giving Niklaus a silent glare to keep his mouth shut. "Who do you propose take the role, Miss (Y/N)?"

(Y/N)'s eyes scan through the dancers, catching glimpse of Merlin.

"Merlin," she replies with a firm nod. "He seems capable, and he has the look for the part."

"Merlin..." Klaus repeats under his breath in disgust, turning towards the others anyway. "Merlin!!"

Merlin nearly jumps out of his skin with the sharp bark of his name, quickly spinning around and facing Klaus.

"Yes, Mr. Kickenklober?" he questions, his words rushed and a bit panicked.

"Miss (Y/N) has decided you will take the role as Johnny's opponent! Get over here, now!"

Merlin blinks owlishly, his eyes wide and jaw slack.

"Me?!"

"Now," Klaus smirks and snaps his fingers, Nikolaus tossing a staff over to his father. "Let us see if little Johnny has learned the steps."

Klaus tosses two staffs to Johnny, tossing two to Merlin as well. Merlin catches one staffs quickly but drops the other, scrambling to pick it up as some of the dancers fondly laugh in amusement. Merlin breathes out deeply and faces Johnny, shaking his head out to rid of his nerves.

'Dance of the Knights' from Romeo and Juliet starts to play, Merlin twirling the staffs skillfully and lowering himself into position as he nods to Johnny.

Johnny feels much better about his opponent, smiling with a nod back as he awkwardly prepares his staffs as well. (Y/N) stands back a few paces, watching with a content smile at her handiwork.

Merlin exhales softly as he starts to circle around Johnny with confident steps, Johnny quickly copying this as he stumbles into the first steps. The background dancers slam their staffs on the ground to create a beat, Nikolaus standing with his father and glaring at the scene with a red face of anger.

Merlin moves smoothly, lowering himself back down defensively and posing with one staff angled up behind him and one across his chest. His expression was serious as he moves forward, slowing his movements down and swinging his staffs towards Johnny's side. Johnny manages to block them with a gasp, Merlin leaping back a few feet.

Johnny swallows nervously, the two men rushing past one another and leaping onto their staffs. Merlin raises his staff, Johnny wobbling before catching himself on the ground with a gasp.

"Sorry, sorry-- sorry," he apologizes, shaking his head as his staff falls.

Merlin smiles patiently in response as he lowers himself, wincing as Klaus smacks his yoga stick against Johnny's bicep.

"Ouch!"

"Again!"

"Sorry!" Johnny quickly straightens up, picking up his staff.

...

"Again!" Klaus firmly shouts, pacing around the circle and watching the two.

Merlin glances towards (Y/N), who was watching with a worried look as she bit her fingernail lightly. She knew she couldn't do anything, there was only so much she could do against Klaus before getting into trouble with Crystal. She didn't want to risk Buster's show if Klaus decided to leave with all his dancers.

"You got this, Johnny!" she encourages cheerfully, making Johnny look towards her.

His shoulders relax a bit at this, a small smile appearing on his face as he nods.

The two men get back into positions, Merlin jumping onto his staff and balancing and waiting for Johnny with his staff raised.

"Higher!" Klaus barks, Johnny struggling to keep his balance as he tries raising his staff to meet Merlin's.

Johnny yelps as he stumbles, falling onto his front with a grunt.

"Wrong! So bad! Again!"

...

The metronome ticks idly, almost mocking Johnny as they practice again and again. The sun was setting now, casting a golden glow in the room.

Merlin leaps onto his staff, sweating a bit from the amount of times they have done this.

"Steady your foot, hook your other around the staff and trust it to hold you," Merlin tries to help in a hushed voice, Johnny's staff still wobbling too much for him to steady on.

He yelps and falls, grunting with pain as his hands once again slap against the floor.

"No! Again!" Klaus shouts furiously, shaking his head.

...

"Steady, balance out your weight a bit more," Merlin whispers, Johnny attempting to adjust his footing before slipping off the staff with a grunt.

"Oh, come on," Nikolaus grumbles, dragging a hand down his face and leaning against the wall with an exasperated sigh. "It's not that hard!"

Johnny glares tiredly towards Nikolaus from his spot on the floor, (Y/N) scowling and turning to Nikolaus.

"Ignore him," Merlin quickly hisses, gaining Johnny's attention as he moves back into starting position. "He's trying to provoke you. Calm your movements and ignore everything. Just focus on your footing and trust your instincts."

Merlin and Johnny move in sync, Merlin once again leaping onto his staff and balancing.

Johnny copies the movement, almost stabling himself before letting out a gasp as the staff bends too much and forces him to land on his feet.

"Yuck! Again!"

...

The two men do this again and again, Johnny slipping off his staff with a gasp as he lands in a kneeling position.

"Come on!" Klaus shouts furiously in disbelief.

Johnny felt himself start to shake, sweat dripping from his temple as he blinks rapidly while panting.

"That's enough," (Y/N) firmly cuts in, rushing over to Johnny and dropping on her knees at his side. "You've been at it for hours. Let them rest and try again tomorrow."

Klaus' eye twitches, "rest?!"

"Or, you can have two exhausted dancers down and explain to my brother why one of the lead members is unable to perform," (Y/N) adds on, looking up at Klaus. "Your choice, Mr. Kickenklober."

Klaus breathes harshly out of his nose, resting his yoga staff on his shoulders.

"Fine, Miss (L/N). Let us practice your part of the song then, yes?"

(Y/N) rubs Johnny's back lightly, Johnny trying to catch his breath as he stares at the floor with wide eyes.

"My part...?" (Y/N) questions, looking back up with a frown and furrowed brows. "But Johnny can't..."

"Oh!" Klaus feigns surprise, dramatically dragging the word. "That is right! Johnny can't. Then you will have to practice with someone else."

"I—" (Y/N) scoffs through her nose, too tired to continue arguing. "I guess so. Maybe. We'll see how he feels after a bit of rest."

"Yes," Klaus murmurs, voice low. "We will."

Klaus turns and starts speaking with a dancer, the others breaking off into groups and speaking quietly with unsure murmurs.

"I can still practice," Johnny reassures in a somewhat whiney tone, (Y/N) helping him to his feet and supporting his arm over her shoulders as they walk to the bench.

"Johnny, you're too exhausted to even move on your own," she speaks with concern, watching as he plops down on the bench with a tired groan. "Let alone dance."

"I'm fine, love," Johnny reassures with a tired smile, wiping a towel on the back of his neck. "Just need a quick rest is all."

"And you should probably have some water," Merlin chimes in, walking over with a new water bottle in his hand. "We were practicing for a while. How do you feel?"

Johnny looks up at the boy, slowly taking the water from him with some suspicion.

"... Fine," was all he replied, opening the bottle and taking a drink.

"This is Merlin," (Y/N) introduces with a grin, nodding towards Merlin. "He's from Calatonia, like us!"

Johnny's brows raise in surprise as he lowers the water, his shoulders relaxing a bit. "Really?"

"And he kind of saved me from that jerk face Nikolaus," she continues, making Merlin sheepishly smile and shake his head.

"Ah, if anything, I saved him from you and your boyfriend," Merlin waves off, laughing lightly under his breath before becoming quiet for a moment. "I... thank you so much for convincing Klaus to give me the role of his opponent."

"Thank you for trying to help me," Johnny thanks back, leaning forward and resting his forearms on his knees. "Even though I was still a wobbling laughingstock."

Merlin smiles in amusement at his phrasing, "you weren't completely horrible. Klaus just has you doing moves you haven't been trained to do. It's not your fault, it's..."

"Well?!" Klaus' voice pierces the air as he impatiently taps his foot on the ground, eyebrows furrowed as he scowls. "Not much time left, Miss (Y/N). I would hate for you two to not know your steps and to make a mockery of yourselves in front of thousands of people."

"Would you, now?" (Y/N) rhetorically asks, stretching her neck with her hand pressed against it with a sigh. "Fine, then."

(Y/N) starts walking towards the center of the studio as Johnny tries to stand, his legs lightly shaking before he plops back down with a light grunt. His eyes dart around the floor before he swallows thickly, trying to rise again and falling back in exhaustion.

Merlin notices, watching with concern as Johnny looks down at his opened, shaking hand in front of him.

"Are... you okay--?"

(Y/N) turns and looks back, Johnny quickly rising to his feet and forcing back a wince as he smiles with a head tilt. She grins back with adoration, Merlin's worried eyes following Johnny as he walks over and meets her in the center of the room.

One of the dancers hands (Y/N) a sword prop, handing Johnny the two halves of his staff.

"Now, this is the start of the battle..." Klaus snaps his fingers, making the man play the piano. "Begin!"

(Not my video! But this song is amazing owo so I decided to use it as the practice song)

The piano music starts up, the tempo quick and lively as the two prepare themselves. (Y/N)'s eyes dart side to side for a moment as she struggles to remember the first set of moves, recalling quickly and exhaling through her mouth as she moves to her right in a smooth motion.

She moves quickly to follow the beat, spinning around with her hand wielding the sword outstretched momentarily before she comes to a swift halt while bowing slightly towards Johnny with her free hand out.

Johnny connects the two halves of his staff, exhaling as he attempts to twirl the staff around his hand. It makes it around once, but he fumbles and drops it with a gasp.

"Here we go again," Nikolaus sighs loudly, rubbing the bridge of his nose with a head shake.

"Again!" Klaus shouts, his voice like thunder in the small room.

...

(Y/N) and Johnny stand facing each other a few feet apart, both looking exhausted as (Y/N) once again starts.

She moves to her right, twirling around with the sword outstretched and pausing with a bow. Johnny manages to twirl the staff around his hand twice, spinning and holding his staff out to cross her sword.

The two wait for a brief moment before acting, both moving away from each other swiftly. (Y/N) angles her sword prop in different directions, slowly swinging it downward with both hands before aiming it away from her. Johnny twirls his staff in one hand with his other tucked behind him in a gentleman-like manner, face hardened with concentration.

He spins and yelps as he loses his grip on his staff, staggering over his feet and flinching.

"Sorry," he whispers his apology to (Y/N), who only smiles with a chuckle.

"Again!"

...

(Y/N) and Johnny once again move in sync, (Y/N) breathing out deeply as she looks down at her feet to watch her movements. Johnny focuses on his hand around his staff, the two moving backwards and both gasping as they run into each other.

"Pay attention!! Again!"

...

Johnny pants lightly as they practice, shaking his head lightly and shaking his hands out as he picks up his staff once more. (Y/N) and him move on opposite sides in the circle of what would be fire, meeting back to back in the center.

(Y/N) raises her sword defensively, lunging for a pretend enemy and spinning around with her sword blocking an imaginary blow before faltering as her arms lightly shake from exhaustion. Johnny faces his own pretend opponent, unsurely wielding his staffs and sighing sharply as he moves forward.

(Y/N) spins and lowers herself slightly, gasping as she staggers a bit from the weight change on her leg.

"Wrong!"

(Y/N) groans as her head drops, her arms falling to her sides as she rises into a normal standing position.

"Sorry," she apologizes to Johnny as he walks over, Johnny only taking her hand into his and giving it a squeeze in response.

...

Merlin stands with the other dancers, watching (Y/N) and Johnny with one arm crossed over his chest, his other arm's elbow resting on it with his chin resting on his knuckles.

"Psst," he hisses to (Y/N) as she moves closer, making her slow her movements down and glance over her shoulder at him in question. "He doesn't look so good. I'm worried."

(Y/N)'s brows furrow as her gaze snaps towards Johnny, Johnny's face set in a scowl as he focuses on his movements. His breathing was a bit labored, his lips chapped and his complexion pale. She straightens out, briskly walking over towards Johnny as Klaus yells out in disbelief and anger.

"Should've just let someone else practice with her, huh?" Nikolaus' voice questions over to the two, his expression carefree.

"What, with you?" Merlin questions back with a light scoff. "I don't know what you're deal is, but get over it, man. You're not the lead, and you're not the most important. To her or the show."

Nikolaus' eyes shift to Merlin, Merlin standing his ground and meeting his dead glare with his own scowl.

"You don't even like her," he continues, shaking his head with annoyance. "You just have this weird need to prove she'll like you more than she does her own boyfriend."

"Actually," Nikolaus clicks his tongue, rubbing his chin in thought. "Oddly enough, I do fancy her a bit. She's amusing to me, and I'd rather keep someone who makes me laugh around."

He turns to walk away, Merlin snatching him by his bicep to stop him.

"Then find yourself a clown or something, and leave them alone," Merlin firmly speaks, releasing his arm with a jerked motion.

Nikolaus hums lightly under his breath, "you are quite bold for someone who was cowering before me earlier. I'll remind you who my dad is--"

"-- and I'll remind you that the co-director of the musical herself gave me an important role," Merlin cuts him off, his eyes squinting lightly. "One that belonged to you. Not even your dad can argue against her."

Nikolaus remains quiet, glaring down at the boy.

"Now, just leave them alone," he finishes quietly, turning to watch the two with a neutral expression.

...

(Y/N) and Johnny get through the first positions of the dance, (Y/N) keeping her eyes on Johnny in concern for his wellbeing. She tosses away her sword prop, spinning and backing away from what would be her opponent.

Johnny rushes forward, grabbing her hand and twirling her around once and holding her to his side as he aims the staff outwards towards what would be the enemy. He starts to slowly twirl the staff in his hand, trying to pick up speed with it and failing as it clatters to the ground.

"No! Again!"

...

His eyes watch his staff closely, brows furrowed as some sweat drips down his temple. He winces and inhales sharply as his hand tenses up, cramping and causing him to drop the staff with a clatter.

"No, no, no!" Klaus groans in frustration, his shoulders shaking in anger as he shakes his head firmly. "You are still doing it wrong!"

"Cut him some slack!" (Y/N) huffs back, lowering her stance as the music continues. "He doesn't have simple movements like I do, we've been at this for over an hour now!"

(Y/N) looks up at Johnny's face with worry, taking his hand into hers and lightly rubbing her thumbs against his palm.

"Johnny?" she whispers softly, reaching up and cupping his cheek in her hand.

He blinks rapidly, his eyes darting to her face before flicking down to the floor as he breathes heavily.

She turns to Klaus, looking around at the other dancers for a moment before looking back up at the man.

"We're done for today."

Klaus' expression falls to a shocked anger, "what?!"

"I said we're done for today," (Y/N) repeats firmly, gently releasing Johnny's hand and walking over towards her bag and his skateboard. "As in, we're not practicing anymore for the day. Which means we're all going home."

She looks to the dancers, "go rest, okay? You've earned it."

The dancers exchange wary looks, murmuring lightly. Merlin moves first, grabbing his backpack and shrugging it on as the others slowly follow and gather their belongings. (Y/N) picks up her duffle and slides it over her shoulder, picking up Johnny's skateboard and walking back over to him.

"Thank you for the practice session, we'll see you tomorrow," she thanks in a monotone, taking Johnny's hand into hers before leading him towards the doors.

The dancers all go separate ways while chatting, their footsteps light on the sidewalk.

Merlin waits for the two, offering them a small smile when they exit the building. Merlin says as a goodbye to the two, nodding to them before turning and jogging across the unbusy street.

(Y/N) watches him leave before turning to Johnny, noticing his unusual silence.

"Johnny..." she speaks gently, his eyes focused on the ground. "Are you all right?"

Johnny looks down at his palm, his hand still shaking lightly as he closes his fist and breathes out deeply.

"I'm fine, (Y/N)!" he replies cheerfully, giving her a bright smile. "Never better. Why don't we head back to the hotel and relax for a bit?"

(Y/N) watches him for a moment, slowly nodding with a small smile. "Yeah, okay."

Johnny grins as he wraps his arm around her shoulders, hugging her to his side as they walk along the sidewalk.

"Mind telling me why you were so late today?" she questions with a playful accusation tone, giving him a glare. "You almost made me practice with big nose's son. I think you owe me!"

Johnny chuckles in amusement, pressing a kiss to her temple and squeezing her shoulders affectionately.

"You'll see tomorrow, love."

...

..

.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

462 2 15
Side story to Sing To My Heart. You don't need to read it first to understand the story but this is the more expanded story of the side love story fr...
11.3M 261K 47
Copyrighted 2014 #1 in Teens ~In the process of rewriting~ ~CHECK OUT THE REWRITE, its written far better~ Seriously the writing in this one is SO ba...
128K 3.3K 57
"𝑰 𝒌𝒏𝒐𝒘 𝒈𝒖𝒚𝒔 𝒍𝒊𝒌𝒆 𝒚𝒐𝒖, 𝑱𝒆𝒔𝒔𝒆. 𝑯𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒕𝒃𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒌𝒆𝒓𝒔 𝒘𝒉𝒐 𝒅𝒐𝒏𝒕 𝒄𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒘𝒉𝒐 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒚 𝒉𝒖𝒓𝒕." "𝑨𝒘𝒆, 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒈�...
81.3K 3.4K 22
OneArtsyGamer03 here, lovelies... Republishing of "Sing From The Heart" <3 When Buster's theater is threatened to go under, he decides to hold a sin...