Sing Your Harmony

By OneArtsyGamer03

OneArtsyGamer03 here, lovelies... Republishing of "Sing Your Harmony"! ... Dream big dreams, right? Somethin... More

Alice in Wonderland
Getting the Gang Together
Jimmy Crystal
Ideas for the Musical
Nikolaus
Replaced
Merlin
Carnival Date
New Dance Instructor
Not so Happy Jimmy
Learning the Steps
Doomed
The Wrath of Crystal
Jump Out That Window
The Show Must Go On!
The Planet of Devotion
The Planet of War
The Planet of Joy
The Planet of Love
Break Free!
Planet of Despair
Planet of Saudade
Your Song Saved My Life

Practice Makes... Perfect?

2.3K 103 69
By OneArtsyGamer03

..

For those who don't know, "Saudade" is a feeling of longing, melancholy, desire and nostalgia. It is used as a characteristic of the Brazilian or Portuguese temperament ❤️ There is no direct English translation for this word, but I'm so glad I found it as it perfectly describes that Planet and what I have planned for it owo

Another definition: describes a deep emotional state: a yearning for a happiness that has passed (or never existed)

...
..
.

(Y/N)'s P.O.V

Piano music softly plays through the room, and I felt my eye twitch as the dance choreographer, Klaus, once again speaks.

"And... one, two, three, four!" Klaus speaks on beat with the tempo, the dancers smoothly moving in sync. "Five, six, seven, eight!"

He waves his yoga stick in a twirl motion, the dancers following this and twirling slowly.

Johnny and I exchange a baffled, confused look, my gaze turning back to Klaus.

"Um. Mr. Kickenklober?" I try, my voice a bit quiet as Johnny and I move to avoid the dancers.

"We're dancing, we're dancing!" Klaus says to the beat, snapping his fingers.

Johnny quickly tries to mimic the pose the others do, struggling balance on his foot as he outstretches his arm.

"Stay en pointe!" Klaus snaps, strolling back and forth in front of the dancers.

"I would if I knew what we were doing," I whisper to Johnny, making him snicker as some sweat drips from his hair.

"We're holding! We're holding!"

Johnny yelps as he loses his balance and stumbles forward, making me gasp and stable him as I stagger a bit from the weight, my hand on his chest bracing him.

"Thanks," he smiles down at me, fixing his footing with his arm lingering around my shoulders.

A loud, exasperated sigh makes us look back, Nikolaus a few feet away holding the pose with the other dancers.

My brows furrow. "What's his deal?"

Johnny stares at him for a moment, clearing his throat and shrugging with a sheepish smile. "Beats me."

"I said hold, you two!" Klaus' voice makes us jump and look back, the man glaring at us in annoyance. "They are not holding. And one, two, three, four..."

"Hey, all right-- we are trying!" Johnny huffs as he rolls his eyes, Klaus continuing chanting and pausing.

"This is ridiculous," I sigh sharply, trying to imitate the pose of the others with Johnny as he struggles to hold his leg up backwards.

"Let's not forget!" Klaus continues to say on beat, whacking Johnny's arm to correct it and raising his chin to face upward with his staff. "This is Redshore City. Not your little local theater."

I grumble under my breath at the jab as he walks away, lowering my pose and wincing as I almost get a cramp in my calf.

"And five, six, seven, eight!"

Johnny and I do our best to follow the dancers' movements, Buster watching a few feet away with a sympathetic cringe as he holds his hand over his mouth.

"Nikolaus, that was excellent!" Klaus nods with approval to his son, sighing in annoyance. "Johnny, (Y/N), you are doing it wrong."

(Y/N)'s eye twitches as she lowers from her pose, her eyebrows furrowed as she grits her teeth. "Well, then show us how to do it, you big nose'd--"

"That was awful," Buster cuts her off as he walks over, avoiding the other dancers and shaking his head. "Come on, guys! You can do better, I know you can!"

"He's freaking us out!" Johnny defends with a light scowl, gesturing to Klaus incredulously with wide eyes.

"And he's not doing anything to help us besides smacking us around and insulting us!" I add on with a glare towards Klaus, turning back to Buster with a slight pout.

"Guys," Buster gives them a pointed look, frowning as he tilts his head with his arms crossed over his chest.

"We're trying!" Johnny replies with exasperation, sweeping some hair from his face as he sighs.

"And thrust!" Klaus shouts dramatically, thrusting his staff away from him as he marches with the other dancers. "You two aren't thrusting! Thrust! And thrust!"

"Come on, guys!" Buster tries to encourage, marching in place and imitating the thrust. "Thrust!"

I groan lightly as I press my hands to my face in exhaustion, Johnny sighing as his shoulders droop in defeat.

"Still not thrusting! Can you thrust, please?!"

...

Third Person P.O.V

The two start marching stiffly along, (Y/N) yelping as the pose suddenly changes as she tries to copy it.

"Five, six, seven, and! Tippy-toes, tippy-toes."

"This is ridiculous," (Y/N) sighs under her breath, imitating the pose anyway.

Johnny stares in disbelief as Klaus tippy-toes past them, Klaus scowling.

"I don't see your tippy-toes!"

Buster chuckles as he tries dancing along, looking down at his feet in concentration.

"Oh, come on!" Johnny scowls lightly, gesturing angrily towards Klaus. "He's having a laugh!"

"Tippy-toes! Come on," Buster encourages, bumping his elbow against Johnny's arm. "Let's go!"

"Seven, and..."

"He's supposed to be the main dancer of the performance?"

Johnny perks up as someone speaks, making him glance over his shoulder. Nikolaus was conversing with another man, stretching his arms over his head and exhaling as he lowers them and looks over.

He catches Johnny's eye with a scoff, shaking his head, "Unbelievable. I feel bad for his partner."

Johnny's brows furrow as he frowns, Nikolaus meeting this with his own musing smile as he scowls back.

"Johnny!" (Y/N) whispers urgently, tippy-toeing pass him as she tilts her head towards the approaching Klaus.

Johnny blinks quickly, trying to imitate the action and yelping as he stumbles around.

"That is rubbish! Terribly poor, really bad!" Klaus continues, smacking Johnny's chin so he raises his head higher. "Doing better, (Y/N)! Keep. It. Up!"

...

The doors push open roughly, making the others jump as (Y/N) and Johnny stagger through while leaning on one another for support.

"That bloke absolutely hates me!" Johnny scowls towards the doors as he stands upright, wiping the back of his neck with a small towel. "I don't know what his deal is, but I swear..."

"No kidding," (Y/N) sighs out in agreement, shaking her head. "Klaus is a total jerk. I can't believe he's our dance choreographer."

Johnny's scowl falls, and he clears his throat. "Right... Klaus..."

He looks down in thought, growling under his breath when he recalls Nikolaus' smug smirk when they first met and his eyes lingering on (Y/N). He frowns, shaking his head and clearing his throat.

"Hang in there, guys!" Rosita reassures with a chuckle, standing in front of a mirror with her arms outstretched as the clothing designer measures her. "The first week's always tough."

"Yeah... maybe you're right," (Y/N) agrees with a tired frown, walking over to the couch and waving Johnny over. "Maybe we should try sticking it out for now."

Johnny sighs as he walks over, plopping down besides her and leaning back with a nod. "Yeah..."

He looks down, still a bit unsure as he leans forward and rests his forearms on his knees. (Y/N) leans over, pressing a kiss to his cheek and giving him a small, comforting smile. Johnny's mood lightens at this as he chuckles, taking her hand in his and squeezing it.

"Meena!" Buster shouts in excitement, racing over. "Come and meet your partner!"

Meena turns to him quickly, gasping as her face pales. "Oh, my gosh-- he's here?"

"Yep," Buster nods for confirmation, grinning. "He's called Darius. Won a ton of awards. And I think you guys are gonna have great chemistry."

...

"If I was your boyfriend, I'd never let you go!"

Darius sings, dancing extravagantly as he blows his hair from his face.

"Keep you on my arm, girl, you'd never be alone!"

Meena frowns as she watches the video on Darius' phone, her eyes darting to the side awkwardly.

"I can be a gentleman," Darius sings with his video self, grinning as he nods along while pointing to his phone. "Anything you want, if I..."

"... Wow," Meena pretends to admire, clearing her throat as she adjusts in her seat in front of the mirror. "That's... really great, Darius."

A hair stylist brushes Meena's hair lightly, looking at her hair with though as he hums and nods.

Darius stops the video, chuckling pridefully as he blows his blond hair from his face. "Uh, yeah! It's a scene from the last show I was in. I'm sure you've heard of it," he sits down with a sigh, admiring himself in the mirror. "Hope Against Hope. Gosh, I won every award in town."

Another stylist approaches, fixing Darius' hair with a comb.

"Uh, the Golden Piccolo for Best Crying, uh," he lists off with a chuckle. "The Archer Newman Award for Outstanding Hair..."

He leans towards the mirror, squinting as he admires himself.

"Oh, yeah. Yeah, yeah, yeah," he brushes his fingers over his bangs, pushing them aside with a nod. "Anyway, my co-star-- she was just like you, Gina. She was, uh--"

"Uh, it's Meena."

Darius' eyes flick up at this.

"Excuse me?"

Meena's eyes dart away, her hair falling in front of her face as her fingers tap against her knees anxiously. "M--My name. It's Meena. Not Gina."

"Yeah? Okay," Darius laughs lightly, leaning back in his chair. "In the future, if you could not interrupt me, that would be way better."

Meena frowns at this, Darius patting her arm with a nod.

"Okay!" Buster's voice gains their attention as he walks over, smiling between the two. "Okay, let's rehearse."

...

"Don't wanna close my eyes!"

Darius and Meena sing together, Darius singing dramatically with passion as Meena stands stiffly still while staring at the song lyric script. Johnny flinches and leans away into (Y/N)'s side as Darius almost smacks him. (Y/N) reaches over with her rolled up script, slapping Darius' hand away with annoyance.

"Don't wanna fall asleep!" Darius continues singing, unbothered as he sways and moves away.

Meena stops singing, watching him in a bit of fear as he moves closer to her while imitating resting on his hands.

Johnny watches with wide eyes, (Y/N) staring at Darius with her mouth agape and her eye twitching.

"Cause I'd miss you, babe!"

"Uh, uh-- oh!" Meena yelps as Darius grabs her hand, setting it on his chest.

Rosita and (Y/N) glance at one another from opposite sides of the room, both blinking in sync as Johnny's nose scrunches.

"And I don't wanna miss a thing..."

Meena's body was tense as she stares forward, her singing a bit off due to her uncomfortableness.

"No, no, no, no, no, uh..." Buster rambles in disbelief, shaking his head as he and Gunter watch by the sound equipment. "This song is not helping her at all."

Meena scoots away from Darius as he continues singing and dancing, moving closer to her.

...

"When I saw you in that dress," Darius breathily sings, reaching for Meena dramatically.

"Looking so beautiful," Meena sings quietly along, frowning as she glances at Darius. "I don't deserve this..."

Darius kneels down, gesturing for Meena while looking up at her.

"Darling , you look perfect..."

She side steps away from him, smiling uncomfortably as Darius follows on his knees and grabs her arm while pulling himself up and side hugging her.

"Tonight."

(Y/N) slowly looks to Johnny, Johnny watching the scene with his mouth agape as his brows furrow.

"... Oh, boy," Buster sighs, tapping his knuckle to his chin in thought.

"So," a voice firmly starts, making him jump and look back. "Where's Calloway?"

Buster slowly spins in his seat, Sukie standing a few feet away as she taps her foot lightly.

"Uh... he'll be here very soon," Buster replies smugly, leaning a hand on the equipment and nearly slipping off.

Sukie hums with an eye roll, "is that so?"

"It is indeed so!" Buster confidently nods, crossing his arms over his chest. "In fact, my trusty assistant Miss Crawly is on her way to meet him right now."

...

..

A bright red car speeds down the road, trees along either side and grassy hills around the winding path.

"Wake up!" her radio blasts music, Miss Crawly unbothered.

"Wake up," Miss Crawly nods along, wearing sunglasses as she peers over the wheel to see the road.

"Grab a brush and put a little makeup!"

"Makeup."

The wind flows in Miss Crawly's scarf, a small, polite smile on her face.

"Hide your scars to fade away the shake-up!"

"Doo-doo."

"Why'd you leave the keys upon the table?!"

"The table."

"Here you go, create another fable!"

"You wanted to!" Miss Crawly sings along, nodding her head to the beat.

"Your destination is on the right," the car GPS speaks up, lowering the music.

"On the right," she repeats, looking over. "Okay."

Not waiting for the path to turn on, she sharply turns right and drives up the small hill as the engine revs.

She slows a bit as she enters a wooded area, birds softly chirping as they fly overhead. Miss Crawly removes her sunglasses, setting them on the seat with the fruit basket besides her. The area starts to darken from the amount of trees around, making Miss Crawly turn on her headlights.

Tree leaves brush against the car's front as she continues driving, gasping and screaming when she spots a blockage in the path.

She slams her foot on the brake, some apples falling from the tree above and hitting the hood of the car.

In front of her were two red barrels with barbed wire around them and joining them together, two wooden beams making an 'x' with a sign reading "Private Property, No Trespassing' on the front.

Miss Crawly simply smiles as she grabs the fruit basket, climbing out of the car and closing the door.

She waddles up the small incline, gasping softly in awe when she sees a house in the distance. She climbs over the blockage, picking up the basket and whimpering lightly as she pushes through the shrubs blocking the path.

"Oh..."

A large fence was blocking the way forward now, the sun setting in the distance and lighting up the cozy home just up ahead. Miss Crawly pushes the gate open with a light grunt, smiling as she walks towards the home.

"Mr. Calloway?" she calls, looking around. "Hello? Is anybody home?"

Miss Crawly yelps as she steps on a rope, multiple flares firing up into the air. She backs up in fear, hitting another rope and gasping as alarms start blaring along the fence.

The garage starts to open, an engine of a motorcycle revving.

Miss Crawly whimpers as she looks towards the source, a man wearing a helmet riding around the house. He stops, taking out a paintball gun and raising it before aiming it at Miss Crawly. He fires, the paintball striking the fruit basket and splattering pink over Miss Crawly.

She yelps before screaming, turning and running slowly with her hands raised above her head. The man drives after her, firing paintballs and missing. Miss Crawly screams as paintballs splatter around her, coating her clothing in pain. She makes it to the gate, staggering out just as a paintball splatters the gate.

Miss Crawly whimpers as she runs through the bushes, climbing over the blockage and yelping as it collapses. Her eye pops out and rolls along the floor, Miss Crawly reaching around frantically for it.

"Okay, I got--" she starts, reaching for her glass eye.

Paintballs explode around her, making her turn and scream as she scrambles to her feet. She rushes to the car, paintballs denting and coating it.

Revving her engine, she slams her foot on the gas and reverses at a high speed. She looks forward, gasping softly as the man removes his helmet and watches her leave.

"Clay Callowa..."

Miss Crawly screams as the car slides down the hill backwards, flying off a small ledge and landing in a bundle of trees and bushes.

"... Oopsie daisy..."

...

..

.

Poor Miss Crawly 😭😭 BUT THE WAY SHE RAN AWAY HAS ME DYING

AND THE SONGGG

Thank you for reading this chapter! There may be another on

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

63.2K 1K 22
dream x fem reader you go to visit your best friend of almost two years and stay alone with him for three weeks. the problem is that, you like him. a...
81K 3.4K 22
OneArtsyGamer03 here, lovelies... Republishing of "Sing From The Heart" <3 When Buster's theater is threatened to go under, he decides to hold a sin...
128K 3.3K 57
"𝑰 𝒌𝒏𝒐𝒘 𝒈𝒖𝒚𝒔 𝒍𝒊𝒌𝒆 𝒚𝒐𝒖, 𝑱𝒆𝒔𝒔𝒆. 𝑯𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒕𝒃𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒌𝒆𝒓𝒔 𝒘𝒉𝒐 𝒅𝒐𝒏𝒕 𝒄𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒘𝒉𝒐 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒚 𝒉𝒖𝒓𝒕." "𝑨𝒘𝒆, 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒈�...
3.2K 57 5
NOT COMPLETED, WIP (Wattpad won't let me mark it otherwise, will update this part if it IS completed. As of now, it is not so follow the sotr for upd...