Across the Universe | D. Djar...

By legoellis

"I'll find you again. I Promise." Celeste always knew she was different, she just didn't know why. But when... More

Playlist
The mandalorian
Stormtroopers.
The child
Jawas
The mudhorn
The Sin
Ladders, farmers and Rebels
It takes a village
Defend and Protect
I'm not jealous.
The mechanic
The assassin
Betrayal
The ex crew
The prison
Revenge
Old friends
Nevarro
The Empire
As the world caves in
Unsteady
The sacrifice
The aftermath
You will not die by my hand
The imposter
The little things
More is not merrier
The Krayt Dragon
Ambush
The crash
Spiders
The New Republic
Four times
Home
Bo-Katan
A moment of rest
The Imperial Lab
Saviour
The Jedi
A change of plans
You are everything to me
Like my father before me
The tragedy
The enemy of my enemy
Brown eyes
Hope
The plan
The rescue
Goodbye's are not forever
Heartache
Memories
The lonely warrior
Just within reach
A Mandalorian and A Jedi
Ad'ika
New beginnings
A vacation
The apostate
Damn pirates
We are one
Anxious Astromech
Mandalore
The cursed planet
The monster in the deep
Another dogfight
The covert
The Raptor
Heroes
Saving Nevarro
Plazir-15
Battle droids
The unexpected culprit
A bad present
The Survivors
The Great Forge
Escapee's
Clones
Stronger together
Written in song
Deja vu
Aliit ori'shya tal'din

A visit from the past

449 24 20
By legoellis

Din and I stood upon the steps that lead up to the town hall of Nevarro. Greed Karga stood in front of us with a friendly smile on his face. The street around us wasn't terribly busy for a change and the sky above us was a calming light blue.

"The people of Nevarro appreciate all you've done. I want to give you this deed to a cabin just outside of town where you can lay low with your new family if you choose so. Between adventures." Greef Karga handed Din the deed. My eyes light up at the prospect of the three of us having a real, permanent home.

"Thank you." Din said gratefully. He reached his hand out and firmly shook Greef Karga's.

"Thank you." I added with a happy smile

"And that goes for you too, Din Grogu." Greef Karga chuckled as he petted Grogu on the head.

"And I have a gift for you as well." Greef Karga said. I raised my brow curiously at him, the cabin wasn't the gift?

I glanced over when I heard the familiar clanking sound of a large droid. A brand new IG-11 came walking up to us. He had red strips of paint covering the top half of his body, and there wasn't a whole In his chest for Grogu.

"Greetings, citizens." IG-11 said with a wave. "I am IG-11, your new Marshal. Your new Marshal of Nevarro."

The people who were in the town square began to applaud and cheer happily for the droid.

"I am here to serve and protect the citizenry." IG-11 said

"There we go." Greef Karga chuckled as he made his way into the crowd of townspeople to clap for the droid as well.

"I am at your disposal and serve at your pleasure." IG-11 said as the crowd continued to cheer.

I turned my head to Din to see him staring out at the crowd. "Well, shall we go check this place out?" I asked him in a quiet tone.

"Yeah, let's go." Din nodded gently. The three of us then walked down the steps and left the people of Nevarro in the capable hands of IG-11.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I couldn't help the smile that formed on my face as I took in the small cabin that had been given to us. It was in a remote part of Nevarro, giving us a lot of privacy and land, which meant that I could practice fighting with my sabers without worrying any neighbors. The walls and the roof were made of a smooth light coloured stone and there was a tree standing outside of the property.

"What do you think?" Din asked as he wrapped his arm around my waist.

"I love it. Our first stationary home." I joked lightly, referring to the Razor Crest that used to be our home.

"That it is." Din chuckled

"What do you think, Grogu?" I asked the child. I looked down to see him staring at the place with wide eyes. He then looked up at the two of us and cooed happily. He started to waddle forward, heading towards the house.

"You know, it doesn't feel like it was that long ago that we were being chased out of here. Now we have a house here." I said happily as Din and I began to follow after Grogu.

"Times change, sometimes for the better." Din said gently.

"That's true." I said as I looked up at him with fondness in my eyes.

Grogu cooed at us from the front door, waiting impatiently to get a look inside. I smiled gently at him as we walked up to the door. Din unlocked it with the key that we had been given and the door slid open. Grogu was the first one to walk inside and Din and I followed after him.

The inside felt cozy, but it could use some more decorations and furniture. There were the basics, like a sofa and a fridge, but that just meant that we would get to decorate it ourselves.

Grogu rushed around the place as fast as his little legs could carry him. His excited cooed and squeals echoed around the house. My cheeks were starting to hurt from how much I had been smiling.

I flinched ever so slightly when a pair of arms wrapped gently around my waist from behind. But I relaxed into his hold almost immediately. A pair of warm lips pressed against my temple, causing me to glance over my shoulder. I hadn't even realised that he had taken his helmet off. My face lit up as I took in his handsome face. Every time he took off his helmet it felt like I was seeing him again for the first time, it never got old.

His hands lay flat across my abdomen as he pulled me closer into his chest. He gently buried his head into the crook of my neck and sighed happily. I lent back into his embrace as joy spread across my entire being, the love that I felt for my family was beyond anything else in the whole galaxy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The gentle hum of the market place in the town of Nevarro was welcome. There were several townspeople mulling about, buying from different shops and chatting with their friends and neighbors. I glanced around at the array of stalls, taking in all of the produce that they had to offer. I had decided to go out and buy some food and anything else that caught my eye for our new home.

I gently ran my fingers across a line of multi coloured materials, the fabric was soft to the touch. I was in a world of my own as I examined the different goods that the market place had to offer.

The familiar sound of IG-11 walking echoed throughout the town square. I looked up to see the droid walking past, keeping a close eye on the citizens of Nevarro to make sure that they were safe.

I went to walk over to a stall that held fresh fruits and vegetables, when I heard a startlingly familiar voice call out for me. My body froze and I stared straight ahead of me with wide eyes. After a moment, I slowly turned around to face the man behind the familiar voice.

I swallowed thickly as I finally lay eyes on him. He looked practically the same, though he was far older now. He also had some new scars that I didn't recognise, but he had the same twinkle in his eye, one of mischief and curiosity.

"Pierce." I breathed out in surprise. If I didn't know any better, I'd say that his eyes almost looked glossy.

"Hey, kid." He said gently. The two of us stood a few feet apart, unmoving and staring at each other.

I took in a deep breath and walked forwards, quickly approaching the man who was like a father to me. A smile broke out on both of our faces as I wrapped my arms around his shoulders in a tight, familiar embrace.

"You got old." He chuckled as he returned the hug tightly.

"So did you." I said with a laugh. The two of us pulled apart from each other after a moment.

"What are you doing here?" I asked him

"Running. How about you?" He asked me causally

"Living. I have a home here, with my...my Husband." I said. I came to the sudden realisation that he didn't even know Din, never mind that I was married to him.

"Husband, huh? A lots changed. Not to mention these." He tapped his index finger on the hilt of one of my blades. "Those don't look like normal weapons."

"No, they're not. I'm kind of a Jedi now, it's a long story." I said with a small laugh.

While I was expecting him to look surprised, the only expression that was on his face was one of pride. "Well, master Jedi. You might be the very person I need to help me."

"What exactly are you running from?" I asked with furrowed brows. Concern panged in my chest, what kind of trouble is he in this time.

"Oh, just a platoon of stormtroopers." He said in a nonchalant tone. My eyebrows raised at his words. Of course it was stormtroopers, it didn't seem like I could ever escape them.

"Why?" I asked him, trying to keep my composer. He gently grabbed my shoulder and led me over to a secluded alleyway, keeping us away from prying eyes. He glanced around nervously, and once he was satisfied that no one was watching us, he pulled something out of his pocket.

The intense power that radiated off of the object almost knocked me off of my feet. I could tell that it was connected to the force in a strong way, but it wasn't the light side at all. The anger that was radiating off of the object was more intense than anything I've ever felt.

"What is that?" I asked shakily, my fingers twitched by my side as I fought against myself. Part of me wanted to run, and part of me wanted to reach out and touch it. The object was triangular, the center was made of glass and the edges were covered in a golden metal. The design was intricate, and it could be described as beautiful, if it wasn't for the intense angry red colour that was glowing and swirling from within.

"According to my buyer, it's a Sith holocron." Pierce stated. My eyes widened as everything clicked into place, this just went from bad to worse.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

42.5K 1.3K 13
You are a powerful bounty hunter. Just as powerful as Boba Fett. You only have ever been alone in your journies as a bounty hunter. What happens when...
7.1K 217 39
Book 1 of series: You know the story of Grogu and Mando. But what if the bounty included someone else? As the last Dragona, 16 year old Mara thought...
46.5K 1K 23
when he left, she didn't just lose him, she lost her entire religon - Mando walks into a cantina on an unfamiliar planet, completely unaware that an...