WHATEVER IT TAKES โ€ข THE MAZE...

By -astrolovingx

we never had to say how we felt, we both had a mutual understanding we loved each other and that was enough... More

oo, (whatever it takes)
oo , (playlist)
ooo , (it begins.)
oo1 , (caged in.)
oo2 , (not alone anymore.)
oo3 , (trust.)
oo4 , (found family.)
oo5 , (blondie.)
oo6 , (nerves.)
oo7 , (flame.)
oo8 , (oblivious idiots.)
(the maze runner)
oo9 , (questions.)
o1o , (tension.)
o11 , (stone walls.)
o12 , (redamancy.)
o13 , (children.)
o15 , (heartache.)
o16 , (comfort.)
o17 , (favourites.)
o18 , (losses.)
o19 , (hello.)
o2o , (enter the maze.)
o21 , (rescued?)
book 2.

o14 , (temper.)

1.3K 78 131
By -astrolovingx

◤━━━━━━━━━━━◥

𝘗𝘶𝘴𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘱𝘦𝘰𝘱𝘭𝘦 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘰𝘯𝘭𝘺 𝘵𝘢𝘬𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘴𝘰 𝘧𝘢𝘳 𝘣𝘦𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘧𝘢𝘭𝘭.

◣━━━━━━━━━━━◢

"So what you're telling me is that you were told you could do something until supervision and..." Newt paused as he stared at the boy who grinned at him, fully aware of what he did. "Went ahead with doing it without supervision?"

Arthur tilts his head in thought. "No, I was with Winston and Gally." Newt looked at him exasperated.

"They don't count, they are worse than you when it comes to, well, you." Arthur splutters slightly offended at the accusation but he gets shushed by Newt who places a hand over Arthur's mouth. He does not attempt to move away from Newt's hand and instead looks at him through the corner of his eye from where they are sitting side by side.

All while retaining eye contact he slowly pulled Newt's hand from his mouth and kissed it. "Alright, Princess."

Newt scoffed, the flush crawling up his neck as he let his hand fall. "Don't do that Artie!" He shifted as Arthur let out a loud laugh.

"Don't tell me you're flustered?"

The silence returned as Arthur laughed again before pulling himself up. His world tilted for a second as he closed his eyes before continuing. "If you won't respond. I'll find someone who will enjoy my presence." He was very dramatic but Newt still scrambled to a standing and pulled his back when he went to walk away.

His hand was clenched around Arthur's forearm and his arm wrapped around his waist. "Don't tease me, sweetheart."

"I would never." Arthur looked him dead in the eyes before raising a brow when his grip tightened slightly. He wasn't complaining though, Newt could hold him for as long as he wanted and he wouldn't utter a word of complaint.

Newt hummed, knowing he would never stop teasing him. "I doubt that for some reason." His arm around his waist tensed and pulled him closer, their bodies flush against each other in an image of the moment from nearly a week ago. "I want to kiss you yknow."

"Why don't you then." Arthur tilted his head slightly, tilted his head slightly down to meet Arthur's gaze.

Newt shook his head slightly. "I have things to do that aren't you Arthur as much as I hate to say it." He takes a deep breath, not looking into Arthur's eye knowing he would fall right back into the trap that lay in them he always gets stuck in.

He tutted and shook his head. "Pity. I love a good kiss." He patted his hands against Newt's chest. "So what are you planning to do now? Because standing here isn't too fun."

Newt rolled his eyes at the boy and kissed him before letting him go. "We have things to do Artie." Said the boy was looking at his mouth slightly agape before slamming it shut and pursing his lips and sighing.

"I hate you." Arthur pushed the boy slightly back and Newt laughed.

Nodding he nudged Arthur forward to walk from where they were. "I know you do, so bloody sad." Walking into the open they were immediately bombarded by the face of Gally who was pissed, to say the least.

"Gally? What's wrong?" Arthur stepped forward and Gally grabbed his shoulders, the frustration was evident and Arthur couldn't help but be confused. Behind him, Newt watched Gally with a clenched jaw.

There was a moment before he exploded. "They went into the Maze again!"

"Thomas and Minho?" At his nod Arthur threw his head back in frustration, slightly wincing at the feeling it gave him. "We need to talk to them, Have Chuck tell them to meet us at Homestead. This can't go on." Arthur glanced back at Newt who was already staring at him. He nodded and Arthur turned back to Gally.

He removed his hand from the brunette's shoulders and nodded curtly before heading toward Homestead, obviously knowing he was going to say that. Newt moved next to Arthur and they looked at each other.

"You can't let him get away with this." Arthur was beyond irritated with the reckless abandon of Thomas and the lack of rule-abiding. He clicked his fingers, trying to find a way to vent his frustration.

Newt looked at him. "It's up to the Keepers."

"They are scared Newt! They can't think rationally!" Arthur threw his hands in the air, displaying his anger the way the more favoured way. He didn't want to shout. He hated it.

Newt took a sharp breath. "And you can?" Ah. There was a silence before Arthur turned around, his back facing Newt.

"I'm going to leave now Newt." Newt opened his mouth to object, to start apologising but nothing came out. Arthur was many things. stubborn, caring, careless but irrational isn't one of them. It never has been and... I say never will be that would be lying. He has and will have his moments.

"I know if I talk to you right now, I'll say something I regret." He walks toward Homestead and leaves Newt standing there by himself, his arms crossed and a guilty look splattered across his face.

Watching Thomas walk in, a smile on his face has never pissed Arthur off more. He didn't want to hate this guy, he seemed nice but he wasn't listening to the rules that kept them alive. He refused to look at them after them, instead keeping his eyes trained on the floor, tracing each strand of grass with his eyes, ignoring the urge to punch something or someone.

He could feel Jason's eyes drilling into him. He knew they were Jason's because no one made him feel more uncomfortable under their stare. They started talking and as far as talking went, it was fucking terrible.

"Yeah, we found this. It was inside a Griever." Thomas's voice was deep as Newt turned it around in his hand.

He rubbed his thumb over the blinking red seven. "These are the same letters we get on our supplies." Newt looked up, obviously confused at what this could mean. If the Grievers were made by the same people that put them here what could that mean for them? Arthur glanced at Newt before turning back to the floor.

"Yeah. Whoever put us here obviously made the Grievers." He trailed off, the heavy silence filling the air before his voice occupied it again. "This is the first real clue, the first anything, you've found in over 3 years. Right, Minho?" He glanced at Minho obviously under pressure and wanting to be heard. Arthur looked up and watched him.

Minho looked at Arthur's face and spoke, his voice quiet. "Right."

"Newt, we gotta go back out there. Who knows where this might lead us?" The tension on both Gally and Arthur's faces built but Gally was the one who spoke up. He always was.

"You see what he's trying to do, right?" There was a slight laugh to his words as if he couldn't believe what Thomas was trying to do. "First he breaks our rules and then he tries to convince us to them totally. The rules are the only thing that has ever held us together. Why now are we questioning that?"

There was a tense silence before Gally said the one thing he had left. "If Alby was here, you know he'd agree with me. This shank needs to be punished." Arthur hated that he knew what Newt was going to say, the slight swallow. Fuck. He handed the canister back and spoke.

"You're right. Thomas broke the rules." Gally nodded but Arthur shook his head, already disappointed in Newt's decision before he even made it. "One night in the pit, and no food."

Gally looked at him, betrayal written on his face. "Come on, Newt! One night in the pit? Do you  that's gonna stop him from  into the maze?" Arthur shook his head again, trying desperately not to say something.

"No." He looked towards Thomas again. "And we can't just have non-runners running into the maze whenever they feel like it. So let's just make this official. Starting from tomorrow, you're a runner." Arthur let out a heavy sigh and Gally scoffed.

"Wow." He started moving and Moved past Fry who reached out for him muttering his name as if trying to talk sense into him. Instead of listening Gally pushed his hand aside and moved past him and out the door. "Nah, Fry."

Minho and Arthur made eye contact before Arthur went off after Gally, every bit as annoyed as Gally just better at hiding it.

Entering the sun Arthur squinted and held his hand up, jogging slightly to follow Gally who was a fair bit away. "Gally..." Gally shook his head, the irritation in him growing just as much as his distaste for Thomas.

"He is gonna kill us, Arthur. We are going to die and it's his fault." Arthur solemnly nodded at the boy, he was frustrated and overwhelmed with emotions which he got out the only way he knew.

"Just go calm down okay?" Gally rolled his shoulders and nodded, trusting Arthur enough about this.

He went to move when an irritating ear-piecing voice spoke from behind him. "Thomas? Are you sure you're not just mad because your boyfriend is picking him over you?" Jason. A million thoughts crossed Arthur's mind but he grabbed ahold of the thought to punch him before it became a reality. He has self-control. He does.

"I told you I would be better. I could show you, let out your frustrations so to speak." Arthur lied. He has no self-control, he lost it as soon as Jason stepped closer.

He turned around, basically face to face with Jason and brought up his knee harshly, smacking him in the dick. He didn't even get a chance to bend over in pain before Arthur punched him in the face. The punch was so harsh he fell to the floor leaving Arthur breathing heavily above him.

All eyes were on them, as Arthur brought his foot up once more.

Their conversation was interrupted by cheering outside as well as a chant of 'Fuck him up!' Newt looked at the door before moving to it and opening the door. Standing outside he could see Arthur standing over a boy who was lying on the floor holding his stomach. He was shouting at the boy but he was too far away to hear him.

"Holy klunk, is that Jason?" Zart muttered from beside him, his eyes wide as Arthur swore very loudly at the fallen boy.

Minho laughed. "It is! Holy klunk Arthur!" He moved forward to get a better view. "Fuck him up, Archie!" Newt stared in disbelief at Minho, the boy overjoyed at being the poor boy being beaten up by Arthur.

Newt kicked into action and jogged toward Arthur who was crouching beside Jason and whispering in his ear. The boy nodded and Arthur backed off just before getting grabbed by Newt. "What the hell are you doing." Arthur glanced at him before shrugging him off.

"Go ask someone else, they would love to talk to you more than I would." He gave one last dirty look toward Jason before walking off toward Gally who was looking at Arthur in disbelief.

Newt turned back to the group of cheering people who had disbursed and left only Thomas, Minho and the other keepers. Minho had moved toward Newt to look at Jason's body. "He did a number on him didn't he." Minho whistled through his teeth, obviously impressed.

"What the hell was that about?!" His voice was a harsh whisper as Minho looked at him with furrowed brows, his amused expression falling.

He cleared his throat. "He didn't tell you?"

"Not because I wouldn't be asking." Minho surveyed him as if taking him in before shrugging and looking back toward Jason, obviously taking in the boy on the floor.

"He's been harassing Arthur since he came out of the bloody box, I wonder what he said this time." He looked at the shocked expression on Newt's face. "It's been a long time coming Newt. Trust me."

Newt looked at Jason before to where Minho was. "Why didn't he tell me."

Minho shrugged. "I have no idea why from beforehand but you might want to listen to him. He seemed pissed in the meeting. Seemed like he just lost his temper." Newt sighed and grimaced at Jason's body. Minho looked toward Gally and Arthur from where they were conversing before they went their separate ways.

Minho immediately started heading toward Arthur, high-fiving him when they got close enough. Newt just stared at them, completely in shock about what had just occurred.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

220K 4K 33
A feeling of comfort washed over me as his arms repeated my action, pulling me closer to his chest. "Of course, I got completely tangled up in all th...
45.9K 1.6K 26
๏นŒ๏นŒ๏นŒ๏นŒ๏นŒ๏นŒ๏นŒ๏นŒ๏นŒ๏นŒ๏นŒ๏นŒ๏นŒ๏นŒ๏นŒ ๐˜ธ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ฅ ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ ๐˜ง๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ๐˜ค๐˜ฆ ๐˜ญ๐˜ฐ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ, ๐˜ธ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ธ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฅ๐˜ณ๐˜ฐ๐˜ธ๐˜ฏ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ ๐˜ช๐˜ต ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ๐˜ต ๐˜ธ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ๐˜ต. .๏ฝก*๏พŸ+.*.๏ฝก...
25.7K 265 86
requests very limited, if you request don't expect an answer right away and don't expect a yes, I will barely be active anymore!! Thanks this book is...
22.4K 493 27
Everyday was the same. Get up, eat, run the maze, come back, eat again, and then go to bed. Your daily schedule had no variation up until one day whe...