Broken

By SophiaAria

Aurora and Sebastian have always been close. They are twins, and they have always had an unbreakable bond. Se... More

Introduction
Characters
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25

Chapter 16

2.8K 84 18
By SophiaAria

Sebastian’s POV

The front door opened just as Rhys and I walked downstairs.

“Sebastian!” my mom exclaimed. “Where is she?!”

My dad walked in behind my mom. He looked like he was ready to kill someone. I gulped and glanced at Rhys.

“Aurora, baby?” my mom shouted, looking behind us.

“She is in her room, Mom,” I said, trying to swallow the lump in my throat. “She is taking a bath.”

“Oh, my baby,” my mom cried out as she placed her bag by the door. “I need to go see her.”

I tightened my jaw and took a deep breath.

“Wait, Mom,” I said, my voice trembling. “I need to talk to you and Dad before that.”

My mom glanced upstairs and I saw hesitation in her eyes.

“I need to tell you everything,” I said. “I need to tell you the truth. I need you to know everything.”

My mom looked back at me and furrowed her eyebrows. My dad just looked pissed as fuck.

“The truth about what?” my dad asked angrily. “My baby was attacked. What else do we need to know?”

I gulped and took a deep breath.

“You need to know that I fucked up,” I said, trying to remain calm. “You need to know that I put her in that position by being a fucking asshole.”

My dad’s eyes widened. My mom froze.

“What?” my dad asked, gritting his teeth. “Explain, Sebastian, right the fuck now.”

I pointed toward the couch. Both my mom and dad reluctantly walked toward it and sat down. I approached them slowly and sat on the armchair. I glanced at Rhys and saw him leaning against the wall. He kept his eyes on the stairs and I could tell that he was on the verge of breaking down.

“What did you do?” my dad asked angrily. “Did you know that the fucker was going to hurt your sister?”

My eyes widened and I looked back at my dad.

“No!” I exclaimed. “If I knew, I would have killed him before he got a chance!”

My dad narrowed his eyes. I took a deep breath and ran my fingers through my hair.

“I fucked up because I trusted someone I shouldn’t have,” I started explaining. “I trusted my ex-girlfriend and her group of friends over Rory.”

“Well, not really over her,” Rhys mumbled. “You never even talked to her. You never gave her a chance to defend herself.”

My parents looked at Rhys with confused expressions on their faces.

“Amelia and her friends made me believe that Rory was sleeping with a lot of the guys from the school,” I explained, making my parents look back at me. “They even made a fake sex tape and showed it to me. I couldn’t watch after I saw her face so I just believed them that it was real.”

“But he showed it to me a few days ago and I told him he was a giant piece of shit,” Rhys said angrily. “I told him that the video was clearly fake.”

Both of my parents gasped loudly.

“Are you fucking with us right now?!” my dad exclaimed, looking from me to Rhys. “You knew about it and you didn’t do shit?! You should have told us! We could have thrown their asses into jail!”

I felt guilt and shame wash over me. My mom sobbed and shook her head.

“My poor baby,” she mumbled quietly.

“And you just believed them?!” my dad continued yelling. “It never occurred to you to talk to your sister about it?! It never occurred to you to talk to us about it and tell us that there was a fucking sex tape going around and that our daughter was in it?!”

I gulped and gave my dad a small nod.

“Of course it did, Dad,” I mumbled. “I was just too angry and too uncomfortable to do it. I couldn’t even watch the tape for more than a few seconds. I always protected Rory from those fuckers and being told that she was sleeping with them behind my back made me furious. I tried to talk to her, but I couldn’t. I just couldn’t.”

My mom sobbed again. My dad stood up and started pacing around the room.

“I can’t believe you, Sebastian,” my dad said angrily. “You loved her more than anything in this world. How could you believe them?”
My heart clenched painfully.

“Love, Dad,” I corrected him. “I love her more than anything in this world.”

My dad looked at me and narrowed his eyes slightly. He continued pacing around.

“What happened last night?” my mom asked quietly.

I looked at her and took another deep breath.

“I started doubting those fuckers when I showed the video to Rhys,” I said. “He was able to actually watch longer than I did and he knew it was fake immediately. They must have noticed that I started doubting them and they wanted to prove to me that they were telling the truth about Rory.”

“Prove to you how?” my dad asked angrily.

I looked at him and gulped.

“Rory said that there was a girl who was filming it,” I explained. “We didn’t see anyone else in the room, but she could have hidden after we entered.”

My mom sobbed loudly. My dad just clenched his fists tightly.

“It wasn’t a girl,” Rhys said angrily. “It was Amelia.”

My parents looked at him and nodded.

“She is going to jail,” my dad said. “She will never see the light of fucking day again.”

“Oh, my poor baby,” my mom mumbled, wiping the tears off her cheeks. “Why didn’t she tell me what was going on?”

“Because she didn’t know,” I said, my voice trembling. “I just stopped talking to her. I never explained to her why.”

My mom closed her eyes and shook her head.

“You need to go home, Rhys,” my dad said after a few moments of silence. “We need to talk to our kids alone.”

“But, Mr. A…,” Rhys spoke, but my dad interrupted him.

“You will see Aurora tomorrow, Rhys,” he said sternly. “Go home.”

Rhys was reluctant to leave. He looked toward the stairs and clenched his jaw.

“I will tell her to call you,” I told him. “She will be okay.”

Rhys looked at me and I saw fear in his eyes.

“I promise, Rhys,” I said, trying to sound reassuring. “Everything will be okay.”

He gulped and gave me a small nod. I watched as he reluctantly walked to the front door.

“I will see you tomorrow,” he mumbled as he kept glancing toward the stairs.

“Goodbye Rhys,” my mom said softly.

He walked out of the house and closed the door.

“You have no fucking idea how badly I want to kick your ass right now,” my dad said angrily.

“Richard!” my mom exclaimed, gasping loudly. “He made a mistake! You can’t talk to him like that!”

“He is right, Mom,” I said, keeping my eyes on my dad. “I wish I could kick my own ass right now.”

My dad tightened his jaw and narrowed his eyes at me.

“I hope that you are ready to do whatever the fuck it takes to make it up to her,” he said. “I hope that you are aware of the thin ice you are standing on. You are going to lose her if you don’t pull your head out of your ass.”

My stomach twisted.

“I am not going to lose her,” I said with determination in my voice. “I am going to do whatever it takes, Dad. I know how badly I fucked up. I will do whatever I have to do to show her how sorry I am and how much I love her.”

My dad nodded and looked at my mom.

“Go get our baby,” he said. “We need to talk.”

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3M 61.3K 51
Highest rank #2 in Humor The heat that came from his body made me almost want to embrace him. His breath fanned my face due to our closeness and I p...
6.4K 212 7
Short story #1 of reunion series It's a love story of two which started in thier teens and ended when they become adults But is it truly the end...
34K 742 27
Still shocked in her mothers sudden marriage, Elliana is finding it hard adjusting to her new life and family, which comes with four extremely protec...
62.1K 1.4K 38
Amber had been trying to run away most of her life. When she finally succeeded, she found the place she would call home in her heart. Four boys- two...