๐‘๐ข๐ฌ๐ก๐ญ๐ž๐ฒ ๐ƒ๐ข๐ฅ๐ฅ๐จ๐ง ๏ฟฝ...

By nidhiwritez

Vikram, a senior officer, prioritizes his duty above all else, much like his father, ACP Rajendra. He has thr... More

Characters
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
โœจCharacters aestheticsโœจ
โœจ Character aesthetic โœจ
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Epilogue
Thank you
Announcement

Chapter 22

10K 422 9
By nidhiwritez

Vikram sat beside Mahesh, his concern evident as he observed his deteriorating health. Despite his condition, Mahesh mustered the strength to address Vikram, "Son, you want to take Naina..." Before he could finish, Vikram interjected, "No, I've just come to meet you."

"Okay, so I am leaving now," Mahesh conceded, acknowledging Vikram's presence.

Meanwhile, Naina arrived just as Vikram was preparing to leave for the office. As she entered the room, her eyes met Vikram's, who was already gazing at her.

"Naina beta, escort Vikram outside till the gate," Mahesh's voice interrupted their silent exchange, prompting them to step out together.

"Ji," Naina acknowledged, following Vikram's lead as they walked to the gate. Vikram glanced at her wrist, then, in his customary reserved manner, announced, "I'm leaving." Naina, with her captivating black eyelashes, met his gaze, nodding in understanding.

There was an unspoken depth in Vikram's gaze, as if he carried a multitude of emotions he longed to express to her. He moved forward, Naina's eyes trailing his every move, until he suddenly turned back and approached her. Closing the distance, he met her eyes, leaned in, and placed a tender kiss on her forehead.

Naina watched as Vikram approached, a sense of anticipation building within her. But when he turned to her and tenderly kissed her forehead, she froze, caught off guard by the intimacy of the gesture. They lingered in that moment, Vikram gently rubbing her wrist, until an interruption broke their reverie—a fake cough from someone nearby.

Startled, they both moved away from each other, their eyes meeting Rasika's mischievous gaze. Vikram, without saying a word, left the scene, leaving Naina to grapple with the embarrassment alone.

As Naina tried to compose herself, Rasika couldn't resist teasing her. "Hmm, what's the matter, a kiss is going on," she taunted, enjoying Naina's discomfort. Naina's cheeks burned crimson as she awkwardly adjusted her clothes, insisting, "What kissing? He only kissed my forehead."

Rasika dramatically feigned shock, teasingly suggesting, "Did you want a kiss on the lips from my brother-in-law?" Naina's eyes widened in disbelief, her mouth agape at the audacity of the remark.

Refusing to let Rasika escalate the situation, Naina shot her a defiant look, silently daring her to continue. With a smirk, they both retreated indoors.

Alone in her room, Naina's phone buzzed with a message, her heart racing as she approached the bed to check it. It was a voice message from Vikram. "Did you want a kiss somewhere else, hmm? Well, there was no need to tell my sister-in-law; you could have told me directly, next time," his playful voice teased.

Naina's face flushed crimson, feeling an unfamiliar surge of shyness. She closed her eyes, her heart fluttering at the teasing tone in Vikram's voice. A newfound warmth blossomed within both of them, signaling the awakening of a deeper connection.

                          ~~~~

Naina had been enjoying blissful days with her father, but the time to return to her in-laws' house was fast approaching. With Mahesh also feeling better, she began packing her belongings, anticipating her departure the next day. As the night grew late, Vikram and Naina engaged in conversation, albeit interrupted by Vikram's demanding work schedule. Despite his busy routine, Vikram made it a point to call Naina daily, a ritual that had become a comforting habit for both of them.

As Naina finished packing and set her bag aside, she heard the sound of wind howling outside, its intensity growing near the windows. Reacting swiftly, she hastened to close the windows, shutting out the unsettling noise.

---

On the other side of town, Ved and Vidhi sat in the living room, their faces etched with tension. Suddenly, the phone rang, and Ved hurriedly picked it up, finding Vidyut on the other end of the line.

"Close the windows and gate properly because a storm is coming our way," Vidyut instructed.

"Yes, bhai, we've already taken care of it. How soon will you be coming home?" Ved inquired anxiously.

Taking a deep breath, Vidyut replied, "I don't know yet. Don't worry about it, just go to sleep."

Though disappointed by the uncertainty, Ved agreed, unable to bear seeing his brother distressed. Just as he was about to end the call, Vidyut added, "And if you receive a call from bhabhi, don't tell her anything."

"Okay," Ved affirmed before hanging up.

As Vidhi emerged from the kitchen, having quenched her thirst, she noticed the somber atmosphere. "What's going on? Are they about to come home?" she asked.

"They'll be back soon. Let's head inside," Ved replied, leading the way indoors.

Concerned, Vidhi inquired, "Should I inform bhabhi?"

Ved halted her, shaking his head. "Are you crazy? That'll only worry her."

"Well, they've handled such situations before," Vidhi reasoned.

"True, but this is her first time experiencing it firsthand," Ved pointed out.

"Agreed. Let's wait until tomorrow when she's safely back home," Vidhi concluded.

                         ~~~~

Meanwhile, on Naina's end, she eagerly awaited Vikram's nightly phone call. However, as the evening wore on, Vikram's call never came. Sensing that he must be caught up with work, Naina assumed as much and refrained from reaching out to him. With a resigned sigh, she decided to retire for the night, trusting that Vikram would get in touch when he could, and drifted off to sleep.

---

Both Vikram and Vidyut found themselves in the hospital, anxiously awaiting news about Rajendra, who had been shot in the hand. Vikram, his fatigue evident, sat wearily, Rajendra's blood staining his shirt, his gaze fixed on the operation theatre. The pain and worry reflected in his eyes, contemplating the potential severity of the situation had the bullet struck elsewhere. Though the doctors assured him that Rajendra's life was not in danger, Vikram couldn't shake off the tension lingering in the air.

As the doctor emerged from the theatre, Vikram approached him with palpable anxiety. "What happened, doctor? Is everything okay?" he inquired urgently.

"Relax, Mr. Vikram," the doctor reassured him, placing a comforting hand on his shoulder. "Your father is alright. The bullet has been successfully removed from his hand. He is safe now. We'll be shifting him shortly, and you can see him then."

Relief flooded over Vikram as he let out a sigh of relief, offering his gratitude to the doctor. Turning to Vidyut, he embraced him tightly. "Dad is fine now. You should go home. The children are alone," he insisted, despite Vidyut's concerns about his fatigue.

"No, you look exhausted," Vidyut protested.

"Please, go," Vikram insisted, his voice firm.

The next morning, Rajendra slowly opened his eyes, greeted by the sight of Vikram sitting nearby. A faint smile graced his lips as he reached out to touch Vikram's head. Startled by the unexpected gesture, Vikram blinked and met his father's gaze, relieved to see him conscious.

"Dad, are you alright? Are you in pain? Should I call the doctor?" Vikram bombarded him with questions, his concern evident.

"I'm alright," Rajendra reassured him, just as the doctor arrived to conduct a final check. With the doctor's approval, they were cleared to leave the hospital, but not without a reminder to take extra care of Rajendra.

With a nod of understanding, Vikram helped Rajendra up, relieved that their ordeal was finally over as they made their way home.

                        ~~~~

Vikram's car pulled up in front of their house, and as he stepped out, he hurried to open the gate for Naina. She emerged from the car, her return home marked by blessings from Mahesh. Observing Vikram's tired demeanor throughout the journey, Naina sensed that he was hiding something, despite his reassurances to Mahesh about his father's condition.

Standing at the gate, about to ring the bell, Naina was surprised as it swung open, revealing her two beloved brothers-in-law. However, before she could step inside, they halted her, gesturing for her to wait. Vidhi then emerged with an aarti plate in hand, her gaze meeting Naina's with a genuine warmth. Naina returned the smile, sensing the sincerity in Vidhi's actions, as she offered the aarti to her and Vikram.

After completing the ritual, Vidhi showered flowers on them, inviting them inside. As they entered, Vidyunt stepped forward and reverently touched Naina's feet. Naina watched in disbelief, moved by the unexpected gesture.

"Bhabhi, won't you bless me?" Vidyunt humbly asked, his sincerity shining through.

Vikram looks at Vidyunt and then at Naina, who is standing in her place. He takes her hand in his and places it on his forehead. He looks at her and blinks his eyes.

Vidyunt stands up, looks at Naina, and says, "I promise your safety as a gift, Bhabhi. Nothing will happen to you while I'm here."

Naina, looking surprised, extends her hand and places it on his cheek. "There can be no gift more beautiful than this," she says.

Vidyunt hugs her, and Naina places her hand on his back, gently rubbing it.

"Bhai, move away, she is my Bhabhi too," Vedansh says.

Vidyunt wipes away his tears and steps aside for Vedansh. Naina smiles at Vedansh, who hugs her. Naina laughs and hugs him back. Vidyunt playfully hits Vedansh on the head from behind and says, "Touch her feet first."

"Oh, sorry, sorry," Vedansh responds, then touches Naina's feet. Naina places her hand on his head, and he stands up. She then kisses him on the forehead.

Naina then looks at Vidhi, who is hiding her eyes. As Naina approaches her, she hugs Vidhi. Vidhi breaks down and whispers in Naina's ear, "I'm sorry, Bhabhi. I won't make that mistake again."

Naina lovingly rubs her back and says, "It's okay, bacche," and kisses her on the head.

Naina looks around the house and then asks, "Where is Dad?" The smiles on everyone's faces disappear instantly. Naina looks at Vikram for an answer, but he walks away. Vidyunt notices and says, "Bhabhi," before explaining everything to Naina, including how Rajendra was shot. She is completely shocked to learn that all of this happened after she left and that no one had told her.

"Dad is safe now and resting in his room. We brought him home this morning."

Naina goes to Rajendra's room. She knows this is all new to her, but she realizes these people are her family now. Seeing Rajendra lying on the bed, she sits next to him, reflecting on how they had made the day so beautiful for her despite everything.

Rajendra, lying with his eyes closed, senses someone touching his feet and opens his eyes. He sees Naina and softly says, "Naina beta."

Naina blinks and asks, "What happened, Dad? Do you need anything?" He shakes his head. "How are you? How did this happen? You should have taken better care of yourself."

"Don't worry, I'm fine. I'll be back to normal in a few days," he reassures her.

After some time, she leaves the room.

Naina enters the room and sees Vikram coming out of the wardrobe after changing his clothes. He glances at her but quickly becomes preoccupied with his tasks. Naina, seeking answers, watches him intently. Adjusting the bangles on her wrists, she finally asks, "Aren't I entitled to an answer?"

Vikram pauses, holding something in his hands. His eyes meet Naina's as she continues, "All this happened after I left, and you didn't even call to tell me."

"Did you really think I wouldn't come?" she asks, her gaze locked on his. Vikram's grip tightens, his veins standing out. His expression remains unreadable, his eyes devoid of emotion.

"I remember when you first spoke to me, you made it clear that I shouldn't mistreat your brothers and sister. I honored that, gave them a chance, and it took time, but they accepted me. All I ask in return is that you keep me informed, especially about something as important as what happened to Dad." Naina's voice trembles with a mix of emotion and anger, feeling hurt that he couldn't share such a significant event with her.

Vikram crushes a small chip in his hand, a device meant for eavesdropping, and sets it aside. Then, he moves towards Naina, who is standing near the door. He pins her to the wall, causing her to flinch.

With one hand next to her and the other locking the door, he looks deeply into her eyes, which stare back at him, seeking an explanation.

Vikram begins speaking in a calm voice, "First of all, you've never spoken to me like this in such an angry manner. And secondly, you're asking me so many questions at once. How can I give you all the answers?" He looks into her eyes innocently.

Naina opens her mouth to respond, but Vikram suddenly places his lips on hers. Naina's eyes widen in surprise, and her breath catches. After a moment, Vikram pulls back and looks at her, still in shock and holding her breath. He places his hands on her cheeks, caresses her hair, and brings his head close to her ear.

"Breathe," he whispers.

Naina takes a breath and lowers her eyelids. Vikram continues whispering, "You never used to speak this much. What's changed now, hm?" Naina clutches the pallu of her saree tightly. Vikram gently opens her clenched fist and places her hand on his shoulder.

"You mentioned what I said the first time we spoke. But what did I say to you the second time?" He pauses, his voice a soft murmur,  then continues, "That you would have to bear me forever. Yes or no?" She nods.

"As for Dad, it happened at night. I didn't want to disturb you because you weren't with me at the time. This is all new to you, and I didn't want you to be scared. I was very upset and could only focus on him."

"Hopefully, you understand my point now." Naina presses his shoulder to indicate she does, and he steps back slightly, looking at her from head to toe.

Naina then heads towards the washroom without looking at Vikram. Watching her go inside, he calls out loudly, "I hope you can talk as freely as you did today. You shouldn't have any trouble or hesitation in talking to me anymore." Naina quickly enters the washroom, and Vikram chuckles at her reaction.

                          ~~~~

I hope you like it.
Do vote and comment.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.7K 204 22
Advay Bhardwaj สšษž Agar tum mujhe yun hi dekhti rahogi toh muje pyaar ho jaega tumse~ A handsome-looking CEO. Cruel to everyone but caring and sweet...
98.1K 4K 78
Top hash tags #1 - fictional character #3- Sizzling #3- celebrity #3- fictional characters #4- couple Dear Readers, Before you embark on the journey...
248K 13.2K 37
"Meera"- A decent girl, in final year of her graduation is trying hard to cope up with her insecurities, studies and orthodox family. Though like he...
4.3K 317 20
Two people meet, they fall in love, they eventually get married and live their lives happily ever after that's it...end of the story right? Actually...