Marked ( Nigerian) #4

By MideYussuff

The last of the Islanders series Following the life of the last of the trio in the Islanders series, Tob... More

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter three
Chapter four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
CHAPTER 8
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
CHAPTER 22
Chapter 23
CHAPTER 24
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
CHAPTER 28
CHAPTER 29
CHAPTER 30
CHAPTER 31
Chapter 32
CHAPTER 33
CHAPTER 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
CHAPTER 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
CHAPTER 49
Chapter 50 - Final Chapter
Chapter 50

CHAPTER 25

223 32 5
By MideYussuff

'There's my wife, the most beautiful woman in the world' He yelled loudly to anyone who bore witness with a big grin on his face, arms stretched out as he walked towards Remi who stood at the end of the hallway clutching her robe to her chest.'

'Tobi, are you okay' she said unable to hide the concern in her voice as she walked towards him while tying the belt of her robe.

He reached out for her hand and drew her in. She rested one hand on his chest and the other on his face as she searched his eyes with worry in hers.

'Whats wrong?' she asked. He smiled softly as if to answer her.

He cupped her face in his hands and placed a soft kiss on her lips.

What show is he putting on , Remi thought as she tried to breathe while staring into his eyes that glimmered in the softly lit hallway.

'Come with me'

'No, Tobi...I don't know what I might have done but I am sorry'

'I want you...'

'what!' she said stunned

'I want you to come with me'

'oh, oh, ok sorry....Yeah of course sure' She said checking the crazy thought that he really wanted her.

How could she let herself be delusional even for a second, she hated him and he hated her. The end.

He took her hand and led her down the stairs and into the elevator. He pressed the down button and led her out the elevator doors and into a hallway she had never seen despite the house tour anu gave her.

He opened a door and they were outside on another side of the property that overlooked the sea.

'will you marry me'

'we are married'

'I know but I never asked you. Every woman should be asked for their hand in marriage'

'You didn't need to get drunk you know, we could have just spent the weekend avoiding each other and I would have told Grandfather something else'

'Its sweet that you think its that easy with him' Tobi said after clearing his throat and stepping away from her to sit on the ledge 'come sit with me'

'no way'

'Trust me' he said stretching out his hand. After a moment of hesitation Remi took his hand and carefully sat on the ledge beside him.

She looked down into the water that wasn't so far below them, wishing she could jump in.

'Whatever deal you made with him, he isn't going to keep to it'

'How do you know I made a deal with him'

'That's just his way, He makes deals with everyone'

'Does your deal with him have to do with why you are drunk right now'

'I am not sure'

'Hmmmm'

'you never answered'

'to what'

'will you marry me' he said as he turned to look at her with the cutest and most hopeful eyes she has ever seen. She knew it wasn't an expression he was intentionally giving her.

It wasn't an expression he knew he even had

'If I said No, would you divorce me?'

'I won't be able to. Being married to you keeps you alive. If we got divorced without children then you would have to die under some sort of mysterious circumstances grandfather chooses' He said looking out into the horizon 'but if you said no to me, I would remain married to you and only you. I would never try'

'Never Try ?' She said trying to maintain her cool after hearing how the end of her marriage could cost her life either way.

'I would never try to make this work, I wouldn't try to make you happy or make this life liveable. I would never touch you or be in within your eye sight except I necessarily have to be' He said before looking at her.

The thought of living the rest of her life like that made her speechless.

'Have you been trying' She asked. Hoping the answer would be the opposite of him not trying for the rest of their lives.

'Not very well. I haven't been totally honest with myself'

'Why are you asking me now?'

'Seeing you with him today. Made me reflect on my past actions towards you and I am sorry Remi, for everything' He said before standing up and offering his hand to her 'you can think about it if you would like to'

she took his hand and let him help her stand up. She held on to both his arms as she stood up to stare into his eyes hoping it will giveaway some of his thoughts and inner intentions.

He pulled her in as he wrapped his hand around her waist, he lifted her chin with his hand and placed a kiss on her lips.

Remi wrapped her hand around his neck as their kiss deepened with passion and he lifted her off the ground slightly as the wind blew against her robe.

Tobi nibbled slightly at her lower lip before he broke their kiss despite his deep longing for her.

Remi's legs touched the ground again and her eyes opened softly as she caught up with the rate of her heart beat.

She clenched her inner thighs together at the feel of the wetness between her legs as He smiled at her before licking his own lips. He cleared his throat and firmly said with his deep voice 'Its getting cold'

Tobi took Remi's hand and led her back the way they came. They walked into the house and through a door which they had come through earlier.

'yes' she proclaimed. what's the worst that could happen. It couldn't be any worse than the two options he had given her

He looked at her and smiled before changing directions by taking a left turn instead of the right one he took when they came down.

He opened a double door to reveal a small chapel.

'Its not the white chapel and we don't have a priest  but the robe will do because you Remi, are perfect' He said

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The birds sang outside the window as Remi started to drift into reality from the sweet embrace of slumber.

Her mind started to race through what she found herself hoping wasn't a dream before his hand caressed her tummy through her silk sleep dress to pull her in.

She felt vulnerable with him. She didn't know how it worked but her body, mind and soul felt vulnerable as if she permitted it to. She let herself smile, she was letting herself find happiness in her situation.

'Ophelia' he whispered

'what' she said as her eyes snapped opened at his audacity.

He took in a deep breathe of her scent
'Get out!' He said

Remi sat up as he pulled his hand away and turned away from her 'I have told you severally never to sleep in my bed'

'You are in my bed'

'Its my house. Just get out' he said before turning away without waking up

'I am not your mistress and I want you to leave'

Her statement, her voice made him open his eyes. He thought he had been dreaming it all.

He opened his eyes to the setting of Remi's room.

In his weak slumber he had thought Ophelia was crazy enough to use her perfume to deceive him.

He had thought he drank his problem away and dreamt about the moments that would never happen.

He wasn't going to stay in a house with her for the whole weekend, he didn't trust himself and he didn't know what to expect.

'Get out' she repeated snapping a pillow across his bare chest that distracted her from being as angry as she felt 'How could I have been so stupid to think you had changed all of a sudden. Tobi, I commend your acting....' Remi said as she stood up from the bed and reached out for her robe.

She was relieved they didn't consummate their so called "sham of a marriage" in the heat of the moment as she faced him. He sat up in bed and looked around slowly with his same expressionless and perfectly slightly puffy face from an hangover He brushed his hand through his hair.

'Please leave'

'Remi....'

'Tobi leave I beg you' she said holding back tears 'Did you mean to say to her everything you said to me?...God I am so stupid'

someone knocked on the door and opened it before she could decline

'hey...' Ophelia said as she stuck her head in before walking into the room

Remi looked from her to Tobi and sneered 'You know what, I will take your suggestion and see you on our wedding day' Remi announced before storming off into her walking closet

'Leave' he said firmly as he brushed his hand across his face, he waited for the door to shut close before falling back into bed and covering his face with his hands.

He stood up and noticed his morning wood which he tried to hide away in his trousers as he stood up.

He had gotten drunk because he knew better than to try to fight himself throughout the weekend with her.

He had sent all the staffs away for the time off he needed for his last weekend alone and it would have been just them. He hadn't plan for her refusal so he did the first thing that came to mind. What's the worst that could happen.

The rush of memory from the night before came to him making him clasp his head between his hands.

How stupid was he to have called the woman he had just admitted to himself that he loved another woman's name.

'Remi' he called out as he stood up to walk across the room 'hear me out'

Authors note
------------------
Hi everyone, please leave a comment thanks a lot ❤️❤️❤️❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

557K 38.3K 78
#1st Book in 'Tangled Series.' Revenge and Love, I was tangled between both of these. Once I loved but that love took everything from me, it destroy...
15.3K 4.4K 68
She is beautiful. He is handsome. She is rich and kind. He is wealthy and arrogant. She believes in love and finding her soulmate. He hates love and...
17.1K 2.2K 43
Ruby just started at her new school and trips into a complicated life, involving her best friend's boyfriend, Matthew. And God, did she try to keep a...
123 0 20
Alara Anderson has just went through months of hell. She has been left an orphan along side her brother, Alejandro, by parents who have been criminal...