Stuck With You

Alicia_007 tarafından

"sir..." I say looking down. "yes? Any problem?" "no, i-i.. I'm quitting." He laughs before looking back at... Daha Fazla

Author's note !!!
Before I became the queen
The handsome devil
The interview
We meet again
Salty Coffee
Pay Back
Business Dinner
Bodyguard
She can't cook
Stalker
The flowers
The twins
His wife
His sister
Something nice
Crush me
Rock and Roll
I won't
Fired!
Do it
Please Stay
Rainy night
You're not my girlfriend
I don't like your friend
She's your sister
Been the lucky one
ICU ROOM
Scared to be lonely
It's not her
New Job
Gold Digger
You can't hide from me
I'M IN LOVE WITH YOU!!
I'm sorry
Us
Joshua's Girlfriend
The Gift
It's Over
What you wanted
Definitely Blind
Messed up
The Wedding Day
Burn for you
Always
Scared to lose you part 1
Scared to lose you part 2
Like I do
Her Home part 1
Her Home part 2

Friends again

28 6 13
Alicia_007 tarafından

Melissa's POV:

"Melissa?! Don't tell me you're still sleeping!" I hear mom's voice from the living room and I immediately open my eyes.

She opens the door to my room as she steps in. "I said wake up." she crosses her arms over her chest.

I roll my eyes as I sit, "I'm already awake old woman." I chuckle and she shakes her head.

"I'm not that old, my hair is not white."

"hmm, it will be soon and besides, that's not white."

"then what color is it?"

"grey? A mixture of white and black. You should research on that mother."

"it doesn't matter what color it is, what matters is that you wake up and help me."

"two minutes." I tell her and she walks out of the room.

A sigh I didn't know I was holding escapes my lips and I grab my phone as I dial Stacy's number.

I am surprised when she answers on the second ring, "hello?"

"uh.. hi, it's Melissa."

"don't be stupid Isa, I know it's you." she chuckles nervously and I can imagine her rolling her eyes.

"I'm sorry." we say at the same time and I can't help but laugh as she does the same.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have told you that." she says.

"I'm truly sorry too, I shouldn't have snapped at you like that." I tell her.

"I have an idea!"

"tell me."

"we should go out today! What do you think?"

"sounds good."

"yeah I know that, you don't have to tell me that I'm smart repeatedly." she brags and I giggle.

"okay fine, you're the smartest and we're meeting today after so long! I should tell my mother about it."

"and I'm going to inform my mother too! Bye Isa, I'm so happy and excited about all this, see you!" she cuts the call.

With a smile on my face, I get up as I walk into the bathroom to take a shower.

After I finish, I put on some clothes as I walk into the dining room where I find my parents having breakfast.

"good morning!" I say to my dad and he smiles.

"good morning, you look so happy today."

"I'm so happy Dad, I apologized to Stacy and now we're going out." I tell him as I take a seat across him.

"that's really good, at least you're doing something sensible." my mother says.

"I'm not going to argue because it's actually true." I answer as I grab a muffin from the tray. "can I ask you guys something?"

They look at each other as they nod their heads.

"I shouldn't be asking you this but I'm curious. Uh.. You said the Hidalgo family gave you money after they took Trina.. Lisa, so uh.. what did you do with the money?"

This has been bothering me for some time now and I feel relieved.

"Melissa dear, why are you asking about this? I mean, it's been so long." Dad tells me.

"it's fine if you don't want to tell me, I just wanted to know."

"it's not like that child, it was just too painful." Dad replies.

"what do you mean?"

"we lost our daughter and we got nothing in return, the cheque they gave us was fake Melissa and we didn't get any money they promised us. The only money we received from them was the one for your surgery." Mom explains.

"why didn't you report them to the police?"

"we couldn't do that, because we would have been also in trouble for selling our child to save our other child. The nights were so depressing and when I met my daughter again, I felt complete for some minutes before she made it clear that she hates me.. us." Mom finishes with teary eyes.

".. look, I made your favorite muffins and pancakes. You loved these so much when you were a kid." Mom spoke in a pleading tone and Trina smiled.

"Lea?" Trina's maid came running, "take these from my sweet mother." she paused, "and throw them in the bin."

It hurts so much how she disrespected my parents, her parents too.

I don't blame her nor do I blame my parents. They did that to save my life, and I honestly blame myself for everything.

Maybe saving my life was a bad idea?

Because they had to lose their other daughter.

I feel so terrible.

"hey it's not your fault, what is important right now is that we know that our daughter is absolutely fine and that she's doing good in her life." Mom assures me.

"hmm, I need to prepare myself." I tell them as I walk back to my room.

I hear a husky voice in my ears and I smile. I miss it so much, I miss that voice a lot.

It's been a week since I left that building and I haven't spoken to him ever since.

I miss everything, especially when he starts arguing with me.

He would always win and I would get angry.

Without knowing it, a sad laugh escapes my lips and I feel like crying.

You should stop it before you're sent to a mental hospital as a patient!!

My subconscious scolds me and I struggle to push all the memories of my former boss back.

I open the wardrobe and my stomach turns as my eyes lands on the expensive dresses he bought for me.

"it's not for you, actually it's for my image. I don't want people to think that I don't treat my secretary nicely." he would say and I would roll my eyes.

I'm going to go insane. I can't be remembering every word he used to tell me.

"I'm in love with you!!" he claimed.

"in love with me?" I say to myself, "who do you think you are? If you love me then why haven't you called me already? You're just an arrogant jerk that I hate so much!"

I grab a white shirt and Blue Jeans as I close the wardrobe.

''he doesn't love me." I tell myself again as I change the clothes.

Why do I feel angry suddenly? All because he has never phoned me after that incident.

But I know I'm going to be better once I see Stacy again.

My phone starts ringing and I quickly grab it to answer the call. It's Stacy.

"Melissa Becker, get your behind out here." she says from the other side and I bite my lower lip.

"Melissa Becker.."

Ugh!!

"are you still there?"

"yes, I'm coming out now." I tell her as I cut the call.

...

Opening the door, my mouth opens at the nice black BMW in front of me and Stacy is leaning on it.

"hi!!" she screams as she rushes to hug me.

"you.. are going.. to.. break my.. thin.. bones.. S-t-a-c-y.." I almost run out of breath.

"you look so different!'' she says as she free me and I finally breath.

"you look good!" I tell her and she smiles.

She's wearing a black dress and a blue denim jacket with white Air Force.

"thank you." she says and I gesture my hand to the car behind her. "yes." she answers.

"wow! It's so gorgeous."

"you know you can just say it's nice right? Gorgeous is a big word and it doesn't suit cars." she remarks and I roll my eyes.

"yes ma'am, can your gorgeous car take us to where we're going now?" I say and she laughs.

~~~~

Stacy shoves a cookie into her mouth and I take a sip from my milkshake.

"I missed this so much." she admits and I nod my head.

"trust me, I missed it more than you did.''

"no I missed this more, most."

"English Stacy."

She rolls her eyes, "whatever, I missed this most, I mean more than you did." she beams.

"hmm, so.. when did you buy that gorgeous car?"

"my dad bought it for me as a gift.'' she smiles.

"wow!"

"yes girl! and now he's giving me a position in his company."

"that's really nice!"

''cool."

"yeah, nice and cool. I'm so happy for you!"

"okay enough about me," she pauses and a sly smile makes its way on her lips, this is not good.

"so.. Melissa, how is your handsome boss?" she winks at me and my cheeks becomes hot.

"I think he's doing fine, and he's no longer my boss." I tell her.

"what? So you mean he's more than that? He's now your boyfriend? Your fiance?" she questions and I feel like burying myself.

"no! I mean, I no longer work for him silly girl."

She sinks in her sit as she shoves two cookies in her mouth, chewing as if she'll never chew again.

And I patiently wait for her to swallow all the food in her mouth.

She takes a long sip from her drink as she exhales deeply, "are you crazy?! What happened?!"

He punched his father because of me.

"Melissa answer me!" she demands and I give her a dirty look.

"he did something that I did not like."

"he told you that he likes you?"

"not only that.."

"so he actually told you that he likes you!"

"he did worse than that.."

"it doesn't matter, he told you that he likes you!!" she whispers excitedly.

"yes he did but he punched his father because of me Stacy. Parents shouldn't be messed with."

"let me guess, he was talking shit about you and then your lover became angry so gave his father what he was asking for and then boom!"

"no, it's not like that. He shouldn't have done that." I make a small frown and I cross my arms.

"but he did it though, anyways.. what did you tell him after his love confession?"

I laughed.

"I just walked out."

"what? You ran away? Who runs away after hearing a true love confession for the first time?"

"me? I did and don't just blame me for everything, he hasn't tried to call me or something like that." I pout my lips and Stacy smirks.

"what?"

"hmm, you like him too Melissa. Just as I expected."

"I don't."

"you do. Why are you dying to receive his call?"

"I'm still alive though."

"exactly! You're still alive because you want him to repeat his words to you."

Do I really want that?

I really don't know what I want, all I know is that I miss working for him.

But I can't go back there, even if he begged me.

He doesn't even wish to beg for you to go back Melissa.

"speaking of your boss, listen to this." Stacy says curtly, looking at her iPhone in awe.

"it says here that, your billionaire lover Adrian Dawns just announced that he's stepping into real estate." she tells me as she hands me the phone.

Just wow.

"AD Avenue." she finishes.

He has already forgotten about me and he has continued to enjoy his life while I'm craving for his call.

"it's fine if you perhaps feel heartbroken? It's normal and it looks like he has already found a new secretary."

I almost jump out of my seat, "can I please see that?"

"don't worry, it's a guy this time." she chuckles and I sink back in my seat.

But that doesn't change anything, he was just lying, like everyone else do.

Besides, I'm just a simple girl holding a worthless diploma in business.

"I can help you out if you want?" Stacy says, "you can work with my mom since you love children so much. What do you think?"

"I'd love that! So much."

"I knew you would. I'll talk to my mom for you."

"thank you so much." I tell her.

"no problem, that's why I'm here." she smiles.

"we should go now." I tell her and she nods her head.

Coming to this cafe was a good idea after all. I had a great time with my friend and it just feels so good.

I'm surprised to see Joshua and Samantha together. They walk in and sits on the table in front of ours.

Joshua doesn't seem to be happy, but Samantha is smiling like she'll never smile again.

"you know that piece of cake?" I hear Stacy's voice. "I'm talking about that guy and I know that girl, she's Sam the super model. I used to see her in magazines but not anymore I think she's no longer a model. And gosh! I love her body so much!"

I agree, Samantha's body is perfect but her personality is something else.

"Melissa? I asked you something." I feel Stacy's hand on my shoulder, when I look at her, she's staring at Joshua with adorable eyes.

"yes, I know him. I think him and Trina are something." I tell her as I grab my phone to leave.

"wow! You talk to Trina?"

"she's Lisa."

"what?! I can't believe this! How do you feel to be the twin sister to thee Trina?" she asks and I force a smile.

"good."

Already outside, I take slow steps to Stacy's car as she follows behind me. I hear her gasp and when I look at my left, Stacy's eyes are wide and they are fixed on someone's black shirt.

"I'm sorry." she blurts out.

I didn't notice that she took her milkshake.

"is that all you have to say?" a guy's hoarse voice comes out and I immediately freeze.

Adrian.

He's here.

I look up and my eyes meets his. My heart skips a beat and I fail to breath properly.

"I'm truly sorry." Stacy says again.

"you should learn to watch where you're going." he tells her, his eyes never leaving mine.

"you weren't watching where you're going too, you know." Stacy defends herself and Adrian smirks.

This is not going to end quite good.

"do you know what I do to people who make me angry?" he questions.

You throw money at them.

"you can't do anything to me Mr. And you don't scare me at all. My dad wouldn't-"

"you should know by now that your Dad is nothing without me." Adrian says and I feel like slapping him. "have nothing to say? Look, this shirt is more expensive than the money your father is owing me and my company." his eyes finally leaves mine as he looks at Stacy.

"you have no right to talk shit about my dad okay.. You're nothing but an arrogant jerk!" Stacy raises her voice.

"you'll do what I tell you to." Adrian speaks.

"what do I have to do?" I ask Adrian.

I know he's doing this on purpose so that he can get to me.

He looks at me and my heart skips a beat again.

He smirks and I look away from him, "come with me Melissa Becker."

He starts walking towards the parking lot.

"no, Melissa you don't have to go with him. I'll deal with him myself." Stacy tells me.

"it's fine, I know how to deal with him." I assure her with a smile and she shakes her head.

"no-" Stacy is cut by Adrian who pulls my arm.

"she's the only one who knows how to handle me." he tells Stacy as he turns, his hand on my arm.

Hey hey hey!!

How do you feel that Stacy and Melissa are friends again?!

And Adrian?!

I see that he's back to being the arrogant jerk he was!

What do you think is going to happen?!

Please don't forget to comment, vote and share with your friends!

Love you all so much!

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

1M 35.6K 48
Second Love previously known as Billionaire's LOVE or OBSESSION Ranked #80 in Romance on [28.09.17] Ranked #88 in Romance on [24.09.17] Ranked #93...
4.4K 186 8
He loved her from a far, he disired her, craved her but he let her go and waited for the right time to cage her in his dark world. Like a predator. T...
231K 12.7K 48
After getting betrayed in love, the happy bubbly soul Diya turned cold and lost trust. She started working at her father's office and tries to forget...
964K 28.3K 39
Nov, 09, 2020 : #1 in romance May, 14, 2021 : #1in respect May, 14, 2021 : #4 in lovestory "Don't try and act all nice to me. I know girls like you...