Love Rekindled "Book 1 In The...

By Iwrites11

DO NOT COPY MY WORK Book 1 in the "Love" Series PREVIOUSLY KNOWNS AS "OUR TANGLED LOVE" Anastasia Richmond... More

• Characters and Asthetics •
• Chapter 01 • Nemesis
• Chapter 02 • The Deal
• Chapter 03 • The Infuriation
• Chapter 04 • Reminisce
• Chapter 05 • The Plan
• Chapter 06 • The Agreement
• Chapter 07 • The First Meeting
• Chapter 08 • Games
• Chapter 09 • Project
• Chapter 10 • Saint's
• Chapter 11 • Plan
• Chapter 12 • Working
• Playlist •
• Chapter 13 • Spy
• Chapter 14 • Flashback
• Chapter 15 • Strategy
• Chapter 16 • Announcement
• Chapter 17 • Challenge
• Chapter 18 • Claim
• Chapter 19 • Caught
• Chapter 20 • Vulnerable
• Chapter 22 • Together
• Chapter 23 • Team
• Chapter 24 • Trip
• Chapter 25 • Home
• Chapter 26 • Theme Park
• Chapter 27 • Lost
• Chapter 28 • Heart Break
• Chapter 29 • Cold Shoulder
• Chapter 30 • Imagination
• Chapter 31 • Jealousy
• Chapter 32 • Suffer
• Chapter 33 • Love
• Chapter 34 • Us
• Chapter 35 • Heart To Heart
• Chapter 36 • A Beautiful Day
• Chapter 37 • Secret
• Chapter 38 • Party
• Chapter 39 • Back to Normal
• Chapter 40 • Fear
• Chapter 41 • Steal
• Chapter 42 • Concern
• Chapter 43 • Threaten
• Chapter 44 • Brawl
• Chapter 45 • Upset
• Chapter 46 • Guilt
• Chapter 47 • Punsihed
• Chapter 48 • Reconcilation
• Chapter 49 • Surprise
• Chapter 50 • Forever
• Epilogue •

• Chapter 21 • Responsibility

94 3 0
By Iwrites11

Here's the new update and I'll hope you all will comment too.
______________________________________

Anastasia's POV (Edited)

Three days have passed since my encounter with Aaron and with all the events that followed. I had confined myself to the setting of my room. I don't want to be the center of attention. I had already seen the violating, disgusting tabloids about me and Aaron.

Media had gone wild after it and since then we both have been the news of every channel. The papparrazi crowded my place for two whole days before I press charges against them for violating and trespassing my own accord.

I had been depressed since that night. The event of the night never left my mind. Aaron's distress face and unbelieving-ness in his eyes for me was like imprinted in my mind forever. I ignored my brother's calls and Sarah had to talk to him when I refused to pick up his call.

I don't know what Sarah told him but he hadn't call me since then. I didn't too. I wasn't ready to face his brutal and partrionizing words towards me. But this time, I can't even prove him wrong. I did wrong. He had every right to be angry at me. I can't say anything this time in my defence. I have failed him.

I failed myself too.

~~~

It was a new day and a new morning. I had woken up better than ever. I had decided not to let my past actions take the better of me. It's time I take responsibility of my own blunders and find a solution to them. I woke up with high spirits and with a positive mindset.

I took a long relaxing shower and chose my dress. I blow dried my hairs and tighten the knot on my robe. I made myself a plate of breakfast before grabbing my phone. My finger howered over Kayden's name before I took a deep breath and called him.

After fifth ring, his gruff voice greeted me

"So, you decided to call your brother. Isn't that a little late?"

His voice dripped with sarcasm. I rolled my eyes before speaking trying to keep my voice calm

"I'm sorry for downright ignoring you. It was childish off me."

His deep breath resonated in my ears

"You were always childish, Ana. Accept it."

I closed my eyes trying not to let his words get to my heart. I sighed before assuring him

"I'm assuring that I'll take full responsibility of my actions. I'll do my best to regain the lost reputation again."

Kayden didn't say anything for a few minutes. His voice then came back

"Anastasia, I'm thrilled to see you accepting your flaws. But that isn't it. We had lost so much and it affected our company greatly. How will you explain your actions to them? Is that how their COO will choose to work?"

His words were practical and he was speaking with a business mind. I knew I messed up but I'm not backing off. I will restore the company's faith in me again. So, I spoke

"I know but I'm willing to make them believe me again. I will fight and I promise that I won't give you another chance for disappointment."

"A sane man would not give you a chance after how much you messed up, but since it's your fault than you should be fixing them too."

I hummed before we talked some more and disconnected the call. I sighed before taking my coffee cup in my hand and went upstairs to get dressed.

I will put up a fight. I will show that I can be their COO.

~~~

My heels clicked against the tiled floor. My stance was straight and my walk was confident. I was dressed in a white pants with checkered pale blue and brown top. My red hairs were open and flowing down my back.

The receptionist as soon as she saw me, passed me a small smile and in return I smiled back. I walked to the elevator before stepping in it. I was alone but soon more employees started entering. Everyone was passing me small smiles and greeting me.

I stepped off when the elevator made a ding sound. The floor was silent and everyone was working burying their nose in the paperwork. Drew was also standing scrolling his iPad. But when he saw me, he started walking towards me. I also stopped waiting for him to come to me.

"Good morning, Ms. Anastasia."

I nodded my head before asking

"So, what's the schedule today?"

Drew sighed before speaking

"First of all, the shareholders and board members are asking for an immediate meeting. There are speculations about what happened and since it affected the company badly, they want answers."

I nodded my head expecting that. Board members were always against me becoming the COO. They still believe that women can do business and they aren't worthy of such a big position. But no-one can question Kayden. He made sure of that.

So, to follow the orders of the CEO, every board member agreed to me becoming the COO. But that doesn't take away the dislike of them towards me. They tried their best in proving me wrong at various moments. But I always topped them.

This time, might not be the same, though.

I looked towards Drew before asking

"Drew, when I come back from the meeting, I want to know the list of company we recently made deal with. I want to assure them to not take their deals away from us."

Drew nodded his head before I beeline to my cabin. There's still half an hour before the meeting. I can't get my mind straight till then. I entered my cabin before sitting on my seat. A heavy breath left my lips before I leaned my head on the chair. It's been a hell of a day, I'm sure.

I sat straight before my eyes went to the photo-frame of my parents. A sad smile graced my lips before I grabbed the photo-frame in my hand. I stroked the picture before speaking

"I wish you both were here. I really am in need of your support."

My mom died when giving birth to me. I don't know what a motherly love is. I never felt it. But dad never let me feel the absence of my mother. He made sure to play both the parts. But still there was this nagging feeling in my chest. I want to feel how a mother love her child. I always get jealous whenever I see the mothers of my friends in school coming to their show, picking them up from school.

Since dad was busy handling the company, I was left with a driver. Today, when everyone is against me, I really want my mother to just instantly appeared and hugged me to her chest. I want to feel her motherly scent which will calm me down. But I'm not that lucky. My mother isn't here. She can never come here and assure me that I got this.

My life is not a fairytale.

I'm alone in this whole world. I have to find for my own rights. I won't let any other person disregard my worth. I am sure mother would want the same from me too. So, with that great positive feeling in me, I stood up and left my cabin to go to the meeting room.

~~~~

"I'm sure you all must be worried and having doubts about me after everything."

I spoke to the board members. They looked least interested in my speech. But that didn't falter my confidnece. I will show them how much I'm worthy of this position.

One of the board members spoke up

"Our company had suffered so much and it affected our reputation. What are your thoughts on that?"

I didn't miss the patriozining tone in his voice. I passed him a small smile before assuring him

"I know and I take full responsibility of it. But trust me, I will not let it affect our company."

The board member scoffed and another member spoke up

"When is Mr. Kayden coming back?"

I turned to him before answering

"He will soon come back. His project is almost coming to an end. It won't be long before he will be joining us."

The board members sighed in relief before saying

"I'm sure Mr. Kayden will find a better solution. I think we should ask his help."

My eyebrows furrowed before I ask

"Why do we need his help?"

The board member sighed before speaking

"Look, Ms. Anastasia, we respected your effort towards the company. But after what happened, we can't trust you anymore. We can't let the company on suffer again."

I will not lie but it really hurt seeing their distrust on me. But I kept my stance stoic and spoke

"I know your concerns but please give me one chance to prove myself. I'm sure you all won't be disappointed."

The board members kept thinking for sometime before one of them spoke

"We trust Mr. Kayden and we believe that he would want us to believe in you too. So, in respect to him, we are giving you another chance. But let this be the only chance."

I nodded my head before the meeting was finalized. The board members left the meeting room and I was alone. I kept sitting there thinking of how to clear up this mess.

There are many employees who are counting on me and I need to find a solution to this situation very soon. I can't let their trust fail in me too. I'm sure Aaron must be aware of my situation too. I wonder what he think about this? Is he happy about what's happening to me or is he sad or might be upset about all of this?

Sometimes, I want him to come and assure me that I will fix everything. I just need his assurance, his comfortness. But time had changed. I can't ask for his help even if I wanted too. He's my rival only. I can't have any other thought about him no matter how much I wanted or how much it seems right..

~~~~

A filler chapter..

Do vote comment and share

I'll see you soon

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.7M 119K 64
'where do u live?'. I text him and wait for a couple of seconds. Hmm...no reply. Nevermind. I change into my usual uniform and was about to put my dr...
300K 5.8K 53
Mea Savanna, strong, caring and bold. Dropping out of college wasn't in her to do list but after her mother's death; everything went down hell. She d...
9.5M 310K 70
Wattpad Creator! Happy and proud. HIM: Staying the night? Not my thing. Hearts and flowers? Boring. Falling in love? Not anytime soon. Settling down...
1.6K 94 22
𝐖𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐚𝐬 𝐚 𝐨𝐧𝐞-𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐦𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐞𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞... ────────────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ────────────── "𝘠�...