źœ±į“˜Ź€ÉŖÉ“É¢ Ź€į“€ÉŖÉ“ į“›į“ į“Ź į“…Ź€į“į“œÉ¢Źœį“› āœ§ Źœ...

By StrayJeans

š–  š—Œš—š—ˆš—‹š—’ š—ˆš–æ š—š—š—ˆ š–»š–¾š—Œš— š–暝—‹š—‚š–¾š—‡š–½š—Œ š—š—š–¾š—‹š–¾ š—ˆš—‡š–¾ š—ˆš–æ š—š—š–¾š—† š—Œš–¾š–¼š—‹š–¾š—š—…š—’ š–暝–ŗš—…š—…š—‚... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53/Epilogue
News: A New Book?

Chapter 8

419 17 5
By StrayJeans

"Hey, you made it, thought you would never come for a second there." Danielle greeted you two. "You need to register if you want to join the club by the way. There's a table at the left corner there where you need to fill in a form."

"Right. Thanks for the heads up. I'll be back in a second okay?" You told Hanni as she nodded her head before you left the two girls behind.

"Hi~ We meet again." Danielle turned over to Hanni, shared a handshake with her. "I'm Danielle Marsh."

"Hanni Pham." She introduced herself with a smile. "You're here to join the club as well?" Danielle asked while Hanni just shook her head. "I'm just accompanying him for today. But I am interested to experience this club as a person who's not into literature."

"I see. That's good to hear. I've been in classes with Yongjae for a few days already and I can see why he's vey interested. When there's time, he would take-"

"Take out his little notebook and write stuffs down. Yup. That's Yongjae. Always will be." Hanni interrupted, proudly as Danielle nodded eagerly. "Yes, I wish I could read what he's written but I'm too shy to ask him."

"I've been with him for a long time and even I didn't get to see much of what he wrote in that little notebook of his." Hanni shrugged, lying knowing that she'd seen most of what you wrote every time you're with her.

"Well, nice seeing you again Hanni, see you when I see you." Danielle took her leave as Hanni just heaved out a silent sigh before she walked over to the same direction you left. Hanni walked past people as she saw you sitting by a table, writing.

She patiently waited by the side of books selling booth until you've finished before she waved her hands at your direction until you noticed her. "Sorry if I took too long." You said as you approached her before she nodded with a smile.

"You know what I'm really excited about, the poetic talks on stage." Hanni whispered to you as she pointed at some people on the stage in front of them, preparing for the talk. "You know what, I'm pleased that you're into this as well."

"Well it feels nice here, from someone who's not into literature, I feel welcomed. Shall we look at the books?" Hanni walked over to the tables of books being displayed, bought a book for you and herself.

After going over booths and watching people writing poems, you and Hanni settled at seats in front of the stage as the main event's starting soon.

"Welcome..." The club's president greeted the audience from the microphone stand. "...to the literature club. It is safe to say that we're pleased to have this number of audience on day one."

"Now the highlight of this literature club is that, we'll be doing what we like to call, poetic talks. This is a segment that the literature club will be looking forward every week." You listened diligently as Hanni was reading a book she bought, a compilation of poems written by students.

"Now the way this works, is that every week we'll give out a topic, let it be a word or two or a full sentence and we'll let a number of people up to the stage. Now this doesn't limit what you're going to present to us." That caught Hanni's attention as she reverted her focus on the stage as she's closing her book.

"We're not limiting to only poems, if there's some words you've been keeping to yourself, or maybe just your instant thoughts and feelings, pour it out with this mic. And the great thing about this is that, this will be a free judgement zone. We're not here to judge anyone, we're here because we're doing what we all cherish and that's literature"

"So without further ado, today's topic is 'forgotten memories'. We'll have ten to fifteen minutes before we officially kick off our poetic talk stage." The president walked away from the microphone as the audience immediately started constructing their masterpieces. Some do it in form of written words, some have it on their phones and some only uses their head.

Despite being silent, your mind's not. You've been thinking of some words that reflected the topic given but not to the point of making it up to the stage and deliver a great piece, just random words and thoughts. 

"Now ladies and gentlemen..." The president got back to the microphone. "The stage is yours." After a round of applause, the microphone was left open and one by one, students came onto the stage and delivered their pieces.

Your eyes remained on the stage, ears hearing every single poem, every single words, taking it in deep into your sentimental self.

"I'm amazed at these people that's going on that stage, the amount of confidence some of them have..." Hanni whispered to you as you listened while remained focus on the stage as well. "...to instantly thought of making a poem with just a few minutes."

"Yeah, I wish I can be as good as some of them." You whispered as she just nudged your arm and you reverted to her. "You are a good poet alright? Don't bring yourself down like that."

"I'm not, it's probably my own self esteem so I can't really help it" You whispered to yourself.

Times flew by fast as it's already the final turn for a chance to be in front of the microphone. "We'll get one more person up here then we can conclude this week's stage. Any takers?" You're looking around the crowd for raised hands but none have done so.

Deep down you're interested.

"Do you want to give it a go?" Hanni nudged your arm slightly as you faced her. "I won't judge, neither will these people. I'll be you biggest supporter. If you're nervous just lock your eyes on me." Hanni whispered with a smile.

Seeing her smile gave you this boost in confidence as you raised your hand and got the final slot. "Yes we have our final poet for today."

You made your way up the stage, obviously nervous but your eyes immediately looked at Hanni who's cheering for you silently with her hands.

You took a deep breath in and heaved quickly before getting closer to the microphone.

"I have no fancy poem to share today." You immediately closed your eyes as you took the microphone from its stand. "Just some words I've been thinking about these past few minutes. And I hope it'll do our topic today justice."

"It feels like our time has stopped
Doesn't anything last forever in this world?
When time passes, will you remember me?
Don't forget about me

They say you only know how good it was once it's gone
I didn't understand that till I lost something
I hope you remember everything because
it's too beautiful to just throw away.
I hope you're happy because I was happy through you.

If I can't reminisce you as my everything,
Then leave me a piece of our memories that I can't forget
Whispered promised all night,
I hope you remember that day.

Don't forget, my dear, don't forget me
Don't forget us, don't forget me
Everything about me"

Hanni was listening silently in her seat, every word you said, she heard them clearly.

As much as she knew how much of a poetic and sentimental person you are, Hanni's eyes were flooded with tears unknowingly upon hearing each and every word that you poured out of your heart.

For once in her life, she actually felt this slight pain in her caused by only hearing words. As if she's the person in the poem you made.

You lowered your microphone and earned yourself a round of applause from the audience. You bowed down slightly as you walked down the stage.

As you're getting to your seat, you're surprised to see Hanni's sobbing lightly while she's looking at you with tears in her eyes.

"Why are you crying?" You whispered to Hanni as she's wiping her tears off her eyes before she just shook her head. "Nothing. I don't know why I cried but I did. God that was amazing."

"Now I feel bad." You whispered as she shook her head more with a smile and still teary eyes. "Don't be. See what I told you? You're just as good as those people before you, probably even more than you know. You're going to do great things with this club, I'm sure of that."

"Thanks. That means a lot you know." You smiled. "I can bicker with you all day but I can also be your biggest supporter." She replied with a proud smile on her face.

"I'll buy you as much food as you want later, don't worry." You jokingly shook hands with her and made her laugh in silence while drying the tears stains on her cheeks.

"Aunty~ Can I have the usual tteokbokki please~" Hanni greeted the old lady behind her favorite tteokbokki stall. "My dear it's been a while since I last saw you two together." The lady shared a granny-like laugh as she's preparing the food.

"We've been busy with University stuffs now. But you know I would always come visit when I have the time right aunty?" Hanni explained as she's eyeing over the other foods that were displayed. "Hey do you want chicken?" She asked you.

"Sure, chicken looks good. Aunty can we have two servings of the chicken please? One original and one spicy." You told the old lady as she happily prepared it.

"There you go, I put in some extras in there just for you two." The lady handed you the foods in plastics as Hanni thanked her after you paid for the food as promised.

"What drink do you want? Drinks on me." Hanni asked with a smile. "Just cola will do. Can we get ice creams for our ride home as well?"

"Alright. Ice creams and cola. Be right back." Hanni left you and went to a nearby convenience store. As much as she's smiling and being happy go lucky on the outside, her mind's been thinking about something.

... she's been repeating your poems back at the stage before over and over in her head. It made her restless. Getting the colas and ice creams, she paid them at the counter

Hanni glanced at your figure from the glass door for a few moments before coming back. "Hey I got an idea." She said while you listened. "Movie night. Tomorrow's Saturday anyway."

"Movie? Like back in my house like usual Well I'm down for that. You want me to tell Minji and Yongbok?" You asked as you're taking your phone out.

"Is it okay if it's just you and me?" Hanni said softly.

Do drop a vote if you like to read more on what's happening next. See you in the next chapter soon. Bye~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

28.2K 1.4K 18
What if time was the only thing that kept you from falling in love? (G!P) This is a bbangsaz adaption Ctto
49.2K 2.1K 28
She stalks her and is inlove with her in the most infuriating way. "The sounds of her breathing as I lie beneath her bed in silence. Hanni Pham is mi...
23.1K 1.4K 20
I have men in suits protecting me, always willing to put their lives in danger to ensure my safety, but when they can't reach me, there's always one...