Rewrite Our Stars

By Srittam14

A Romanogers AU fanfic. They're desperate to reunite. More

1. A Mess of Past and Present
2. Sarah
3. Surgery and Revealation
4. Home-coming
5. Meeting Her Family
7. His True(fake) Colour
8. She's Back
9. The Courtroom
10. The Verdict
11. Parting Ways For Now
12. He's Back to Get Her Back
13. His True( true) Colour
14. She Knows
15. The awaited Reunion
New
**
Untitled Part 18

6. See you Again

203 13 2
By Srittam14

Steve was in the city library, looking for something to read, trying to distract his restless mind. Suddenly he heard something or someone falling at the shelf behind him. He turned around and saw a dozens of books were landing on a woman, and she's rubbing her head sitting on the floor.

" You okay, ma'am?"

That woman turned around to stun him. Why couldn't he recognise the redhead? That's Natasha!

" Yeah. I was just....looking for a book and..." She stuttered avoiding his eyes.

Steve took a deep breath then bent down to help her picking the books up. " What book you're looking for?"

She picked few books from the floor," Sociology. I'm kinda new...I mean...I haven't been here since a long time so..." She chuckled hiding her embarrassment.

Steve put those books in their places then looked at her. How close he's standing to her after a long long time. A flashback of deja vu clicked into his mind. He'd met Natasha in this very same library, for the first time, when they both were in same highschool. Also, just like this, a few books had fallen above her head that day, almost a decade ago.

He blinked to get a hold on himself then nodded to his right," You can find sociology topics that side. "

She smiled at him politely then walked away to get the book she wants. She eyed every book in that particular shelf, but couldn't help but steal glances at the kind stranger who's staring at her. She cleared her throat looking away from him.

But to her shock, he walked towards her even more. " I don't think your hands will reach to the top of the shelf. "

She narrowed her eyes at him as he smirked at her. " Are you making fun of my height?"

He chuckled a little," I'm sorry if it sounded like that. Just tell me what do you need, I'm here to help. "

She couldn't trust him yet," You're the librarian here?"

He shrugged off," Not really. But I'm very familiar with the people come here to read. As a hideout from their problems. "

She got defensive," I'm not trying to hide."

He raised his eyebrow at her," We can continue our conversation later, but now, tell me what book you need. "

She told him the title and author's name of a book, but got hugely surprised when the blonde stranger got that book without any difficulty and handed it to her. " Here you go."

She accepted it," Thanks." Then she turned to walk in.

" Excuse me!" He stopped her, she turned around to look at him. " That room is not allowed for public. You can read in the first 3rd hall at the corridor. That would be less crowded. "

She turned in her direction and walked beside him till the 3rd hall, which was really less-crowded, only four or five people were there. Before entering the hall she looked at him again," Thanks again. Your... name?"

His eyes widened a little. She realised what she just did and quickly tried to rectify it, but he replied before she can interrupt. " Steve. And you?"

" Uh... Natasha. " she said with hesitation.

" Nice to see you, Natasha." Then he left turning around with a smile at her.

And her cheeks heated up when her name spelt out from his lips. She shook her head then walked into the hall with that book. Praying under her breath that she wouldn't think much about this Steve.

Later that night, Natasha walked up to Yelena's room. She pushed her door open and knocked on it to announce her presence. Yelena asked her to come in. She talked to her about how she spent her day and asked about hers.

Then she hesitated to speak next. " Actually....I was wondering if someone....you know. If I had someone before my coma. " Yelena didn't say anything, as she wanted her to be specific. So she sighed," Did I have a man, like - boyfriend before I went into coma?"

Yelena raised her eyebrow," You said you didn't wanna know about your past."

She sighed in frustration. Nobody understands her. Of course she doesn't want to be involved with her past, but it doesn't mean that she didn't want to know about them. She wants to know if there is someone outside, who's waiting for her, just like her parents and sister did. Just the mere thought of someone waiting for her was enough to make her heart a little race.

Yelena realised that she's struggling, so she sighed," Be sure about yourself. Because if you look for your past, it won't be completely about yourself. Other's life could be connected to yours."

Few days later, Sarah tricked Sharon and went to central park once. She knew her mother might be there. She cried for icecream, so Sharon had no way but to surrender to her tantrums.

They were sitting on a bench, Sarah saw a bunch of kids playing beside the waterpark. So she asked her to go there. Sharon sighed," Okay, but careful. " She didn't wait for another moment and ran off.

After few minutes, someone walked up to her," Is she your daughter?"

She looked up and got shocked. " Wanda?!"

That woman chuckled at her," Hi, Carter. Long time."

She stood up and hugged her. Then they sat on the bench together. " Yeah, it is. What are you doing these days?"

" Not so good, not so bad. Fine. " They laughed on it. " I was here with a childhood friend, actually. Hadn't met her since years."

" You shifted back to America from last year, then how come you didn't meet you friend? I don't think you can breath without talking and gossiping with others." She teased.

Wanda smiled then went silent. " She was...not well. You haven't met her. Wait, I'll introduce you to her. But don't question anything to her, okay?"

Sharon narrowed her eyes but nodded," Okay. "

Then Wanda turned around and waved at someone, probably her friend she's talking about. " Natasha! Here!"

Sharon was stunned. She also turned around to see if it's true. And it is really true. It's Natasha. Steve's girlfriend, Sarah's mother.

Natasha walked up to them. Wanda stood up and introduced her," Natasha, this is Sharon, we worked together for a year in London. And Sharon, this is Natasha, my bestfriend. "

Sharon awkwardly held her hand out for a shake, and so did Natasha. Then they sat together. Then Wanda started," So, who's that girl?"

Sharon wasn't sure how to answer now. She didn't know why though, but she didn't wanna tell her that - Sarah is just a friend's daughter. A sense of possessiveness trapped her. " She's my daughter. " She told her.

And Wanda widened her eyes," You...you had a kid? That's great! But...who...who's the father?"

Sharon couldn't answer it now, as Natasha was also looking at her in curiosity. " It's...it's a bit complicated. I don't think it's right time to talk. " Then she noticed Sarah was coming towards them. She stood up in a hurry," It's getting late, I should get going. You two have a good time. " She faked a smile at Natasha and walked ahead to stop Sarah from approaching Natasha right now.

Sarah wanted to meet Natasha so she frowned at her," I wanna talk to her."

Sharon sighed," No, Mila. Not today. Your dad would be angry."

She shook her head," No. Dad said I can't call her mom right now. But I can see or talk to her. We saw her once here."

Sharon raised her eyebrow with a smile," That's why you wanted to come here? You sure you'd be okay?" She nodded confidently. " Let's go then. "

They approached the bench she was sitting on," Wanda, she wanted to say hii before leaving."

Wanda smiled at her," Hi little girl. I'm Wanda, your mom's friend. "

Sarah understood that she's talking about her mom( not Sharon). Then she nodded at them and extended her hand at Natasha," Hi, I'm Sarah Milaya Rogers. And I'm five. "

And talk about Natasha. She couldn't take her eyes off of her. This girl pulled her like a magnet. She smiled automatically," I'm Natasha. " then she shook her hand with her.

" Let's go, honey." Sharon grabbed her hand and she nodded. And they walked away.

Natasha kept looking at their backs. Wanda noticed her stare," What? You alright?"

She nodded," Yeah. It's just...your ex coworker seemed... weird."

Wanda waved her off," Probably she's little uncomfortable talking about her kid. Anyway, thank you for coming with me here. We used hang out in this park often. "

Natasha nodded looking around," Yeah. It feels familiar. "

But she couldn't wipe off that girl's image from her mind. Sarah.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.4K 40 5
This is a fanfiction about the lives of the Avengers when they're not "avenging". It's mostly about Peter Parker and Natasha Romanoff but I'm a stron...
94.1K 2K 66
mature / trigger warning ^^read at your own risk ! tragedy tragedy much? yes.
329K 11K 29
𝗶𝗻 𝘄𝗵𝗶𝗰𝗵 the son and daughter of captain america and black widow accidentally travel to the past [ romanogers au ] [ next: avengers ] [ COMPL...
61.8K 1.1K 134
a collection of romanogers one shots! - credits go to all rightful owners.