The Cryomancer | Jotaro Kujo...

By Cerathena

November 1988, Tokyo, Japan. While visiting Japan, (Y/N) voluntarily enters a Japanese Highschool, where she... More

1 | The boy that fell down the stairs
2 | What Stands are
3 | Holly Kujo
4 | Planeride to Egypt
5 | Silver hair and blue eyes
6 | The stowaway
7 | Fight on sea / Saving you
8 | Sleepy head (Y/N)
9 | Singapore caring
10 | Doppelganger Noriaki Kakyoin
11 | Fool's game revenge
12 | For honour and love
13 | Varanasi, India
14 | Prime time, crime time
15 | The path we pave
16 | Empty hotel
17 | Justice, for a kiss
18 | A lover's way
19 | Lovebirds
20 | The Sun
21 | Joseph as a pilot, yet again
22 | Save me from a nightmare
23 | Long time no see
24 | Submarine warmth
25 | My sight is you
26 | Egypt
27 | Water against Ice (1)
28 | Water against Ice (2)
29 | Hospital / Looking out for me
31 | Cairo, happy to see you
32 | Jotaro's and Kakyoin's video games
33 | DIO's presence
34 | Stardust Crusaders
35 | January 1989, Tokyo, Japan (TW: light smut) END

30 | Dear (Y/N), when I die

232 12 3
By Cerathena

When I woke up again, it was definitely morning that time. Luckily.

I rubbed my eyes and stretched myself before finally opening my eyes and pushing myself up on the bed.

Without looking at the clock, I knew it was probably early in the morning, as Kakyoin was still sleeping by the looks of it.

I looked at my hospital's night stand to find some painkillers on it.

I wonder what Jotaro and the others were doing. Was Polnareff still arguing with Iggy? Were Avdol and Joseph talking about potential plans? Was Jotaro smoking again?

Are they in a fight now, or maybe they're relaxing? Are they maybe enjoying their time without me? Since I'm a girl, it might be a little bit weird to be around me.

What am I even thinking about?

I realised I was overthinking too much as a knock on the door resounded.

Two people in a white smock walked in silently, noticing that I turned my head to watch them. Based on their appearance, they're probably doctors.

They smiled at me as the female doctor approached me and the other one walked past my bed to get to Kakyoin.

I followed the other doctor with my eyes, now looking at him and Kakyoin when the female doctor spoke up to me.

"Can't take your eyes off of him?"
She giggled slightly as she put her hand in front of me.

I looked at her and smiled softly.
"I guess I'm worrying about others more than me."

We shook hands as we introduced ourselves.
"Dr. Doyle, nice to meet you."
"(Y/N) (L/N), nice to meet you."

"My partner's name is Dr. Hamish. He will take care of your friend over there. We are pretty much in on everything, this is a classified mission we're all part of now."
She told me as she took my medical file to look at.

"I was told you also are part of the mission to Egypt, to save Mrs.Kujo?"
"Oh? Did Mr. Joestar tell you that?"
"Yes, indeed. He chose us both specifically to take care of you. I'm happy to be taking care of an ambitious girl like you."

She was looking at my vitals while writing them down into my file.

"When was the last time you experienced your period if you have at all?"
"My periods are rather irregular, my last one was some eight weeks ago or so, shortly before Mr. Joestar, the others and I embarked on the journey. But I just started my period yesterday."

"How is your fever? Are you feeling something?"
"I'm feeling ok, no headache although I feel a little bit warm. The nurse added some painkillers into my IV fluid that are probably still working."

"Yes, I think so, too. You still have glassy eyes and you're pale."
"I saw it in the mirror as well, yeah."

Dr. Doyle laughed for a moment before replying to me.
"Yes, you still have some time to recover. Also, your cheeks are consistently red, makes you look cute."
"Oh my."
I said as I placed my hand on my cheek.

"I think we can wait until your IV fluid with its current contents is used up. After that, we will see if you still need some painkillers or not."
"Sounds good. Thank you."

"Also, maybe try to go back to sleep again. It is only 5am and you seem very exhausted still, although you're sleeping a lot recently. Tough few weeks it seems."
"Yeah, the internship at the Speedwagon Foundation is having its disadvantages, but I'm coping."

"Yes, you're right, I know that all too well. But with that hard work, it makes us the best of the best, right?"
"True that."

"If anything's the matter, you know what button to press. We are here exclusively for you two, so we are always on standby."
"Yes, thank you a lot for your work and time. I'll inform you if anything will happen."

Dr. Doyle and Dr. Hamish walked away, waving goodbye at me, eventually leaving the room.

I looked over at Kakyoin who stretched himself.

"Stop stretching yourself and go back to sleep, it's 5am."
I remarked, leading him to turn his face to my direction, letting his hands fall down on the bed.
"But you're going with me then, (Y/N)."

"Yeah, I will go as well. We need to sleep a lot to be fit after all!"
I cheered us up as I closed my eyes in content.
"You're right with that. Let's go to sleep and dream about something nice."

I didn't hear Kakyoin lie down in bed, so I opened one eye and looked over at him.

"Say, Kakyoin, do you think we will still manage to fight DIO?"
"Hm? I'm confident we will make it in time. Why, do you have doubts?"

"I mean, I probably will, if they're not already fighting DIO right now. But I'm worried about you and your eyes."
"I will be fine, don't worry about me, you worry ward. The Speedwagon Foundation is really high tech and all that."

"I'm your friend, of course I have to worry about you. And yes, you're right."
"Those few days of us missing will be fine."

"I wonder if we're all really fit for facing DIO. He sounds so powerful, controlling so many people... but it happened a lot of times in history that many rulers talk big but can't do anything on their own. I don't want to make you remember bad stuff, but, you met DIO, right?"
"Yes, I did, when my parents and I were travelling around the Nile. That's when he placed the fleshbud, if you remember."

"Yes, I remember. He didn't convince you, so he had to implant you such a thing. Everything is so surreal..."
"And we are in the middle of this surreality. But it is how it is."

We were in a pleasant silence for a while before Kakyoin spoke up again.
"DIO talked to me, face to face, and his presence was so frighting to me back then, I was unable to move. I remember we were in his kind of chamber and he came very close to me."

"Wait, Kakyoin, do you want to tell me he did something more to you?"
I asked him in worry as I lifted my upper body up.
"It didn't get to anything, luckily. But he definitely came close to me, not only to place the fleshbud but also to try to convince me. But this time, I won't be paralysed. I'll give my all to fight that bastard."

I smiled to myself helplessly as I replied quietly.
"Yes, definitely. I will not expect an easy opponent in him then."

"But, (Y/N), when fighting him, we might face some casualties."
"What do you mean?"
"In case I will die..."
"Hush! You won't die! We have the others, we are super strong together. DIO might not be an easy opponent, but with all of our Stands combined, he will go down. So don't you dare think about anything else that us all returning to a healthy Mrs.Kujo and have a great feast all together."

Kakyoin giggled and turned his face away from me, into the direction of the window. Yes, even if he didn't see.

"Still, even if I should die, those days were the best days in my entire life."

"Why is that that those days were the best? I think they were kind of exhausting, but somewhat also fun. But I think I had better days for sure."
"Well, since I was a kid, I always had Hierophant Green. And that made me feel different from other kids, made me be more introverted. And thus, I didn't have many friends, you know. I was always alone, only Hierophant was there."

"Noriaki... I didn't know. I'm sorry. I understand why now. Thank you for telling me. I think I'm not only talking for myself, but you're not alone anymore, I'm there, we are friends now. Especially after all those crazy things we went through."
"Thank you, (Y/N). I really appreciate that. You really have a beautiful name, by the way."

"Thank you. You're flattering me while it's actually time to sleep. So, lie down and let's drift off to sleep, for at least a few hours more. Two or three."
"Understood, (Y/N). Rest well."
"Rest well."

I smiled to myself as both of us lied back down in bed.

From then on, the days flew by and almost two weeks later, Dr. Doyle and Dr. Hamish gave us great news.

"It's fine to take off your bandages once and for all, Kakyoin."
"Yaaay, Noriaki, let's go!"

It was around the 15th of January already, and time to meet up with the Stardust Crusaders, as Kakyoin and I named our group during our absence.

I was already feeling better since around a week, so I was ready to go, but everyone insisted on me staying with Kakyoin, and eventually, I did too.

"(Y/N), do you maybe want to take them off?"
"Oh, yes. Thank you."

The doctors stepped back and I walked up to Kakyoin who was already smiling.

I took the scissors from the doctors, cutting some of the bandages on the side before slowly going around in circles around his head, exposing more and more of the morning sun to Kakyoin.

I put the bandages down on the bed, looking at his skin. He had two scars exactly looking like his wound back then, but they seem pretty good and healed up regardless.

"Ready to open your eyes?"
I asked him before he nodded.

He opened his eyes after such a long time of keeping them closed, exposing his sparkly violet eyes.

"Finally!"
I exclaimed as I hugged him tightly, feeling his gentle arms around me.
"I can see, finally!"

The doctors laughed before I heard a photo camera go off.

I turned around to see them get the picture out of the polaroid camera.

"You probably want some memories for your journal, right?"
Dr. Hamish asked rhetorically, showing the picture to us.

I giggled a little before taking it from them.

"Well, immediately after opening your eyes. A great memory caught."
"It's great. Thank you, Dr. Doyle and Dr. Hamish."

"So, we can change to our normal clothes and join the others today already, right?"
I asked them as I passed the picture down to Kakyoin.
"Yes, actually, we prepared a flight to Cairo for you, so you can immediately meet up with the others this afternoon. Make sure to eat breakfast, lunch and get ready by then."

"Perfect. Thank you lots again."
Kakyoin thanked them as I smiled and nodded into their direction.

"We will leave you to yourselves now. We will come to you at 2pm to pick you up."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

383 8 15
Artwork done by: Me :) JOTAKAK ALERT! (although this is Wattpad, you should be ready to find stuff like this-) A Kakyoin lives AU like many others, i...
262 10 10
No man is an island. Even the strongest people could use a companion by their side-and Jotaro Kujo, whether he liked it or not, would have to deal wi...
30.7K 970 55
Jotaro Kujo, a stingy high schooler who never expected to make a friend, due to his record of kicking people's asses constantly. Noriaki Kakyoin, a...
30K 722 24
The story of Johanna Joestar part 1 Just Phantom Blood Battle Tendency And Stardust Crusaders