Dhadkan (Book 1 - Singhania B...

By Amateurmisswriter_

Three brothers who shared nothing but the love they had for each other. A ten year old child who had been aba... More

Prologue
Character Sketch
Part 1 : The longingness
Part 2 : Family dynamics
Part 3 : Realisations
Part 4 : Definition of family
Part 5 : Fears of past
Part 6 : Budding relationships
Part 7 : A wicked man
Part 8 : Memories
Part 9 : The past
Part 10 : Bhaiya
Part 11 : Arnav Singhania
Part 12 : First step of acceptance
Part 13 : Fear of abandonment
Part 14 : Healing
Part 15 : Assurances
Part 16 : Family
Part 17 : Circumstances
Part 18 : Engagement
Part 19 : Changed dynamics
Part 20 : Ayaansh Singhania
Part 21 : Trust
Part 22 : Brothers
Part 23 : Family
Part 24 : Grateful to have you!
Part 25 : Bhabhi
Part 26 : The shared pain
Part 27 : Song made up of heartbeats!
Part 28 : The unforeseen happenings
Part 29 : The depth of love
Part 30 : The epiphany
ROOH (BOOK 2)

Epilogue

4.3K 317 91
By Amateurmisswriter_

Aryan and Ayaansh looked at each other and then at Arnav and Ashi who were having a glaring competition in which no one was ready to back down.

Suppressing his laughter with great difficulty, Aryan leaned closer to Ayaansh and whispered in his ears. "Aapko kya lagta hai? Kon pehle back out karega? My bet is Bhaiya! Lagao shart?"

Ayaansh chuckled. "You think I'm stupid? Obviously, Bhaiya!"

"Aapki problem kya hai, Arnav?" Ashi asked, trying to keep her annoyance at bay.

"I'm just asking for my phone, Ashi!"

"You will not get it!" Ashi declared.

"Ashi, just give it to me for half an hour. Please?"

"You'll not get it, Arnav!"

"Ashi, please yaar thodi der..."

"No!" Ashi walked out annoyed.

Aniket burst out laughing. Ayaansh and Aryan were no less. Arnav shot them a disgusting look and whacked Aniket without thinking. Aniket shrugged it off and laughed shamelessly. He wasn't gonna miss the opportunity of teasing Arnav for his life. It was the ultimate joy to see the mighty Arnav Singhania getting bossed around.

"Bhabhi is perfect, Bhaiya!" Aniket told him gleefully. "She's the best thing that happened to you!"

"Of course you would say that, you idiot!" Arnav took a jibe.

"Bhabhi is the best!" Ayaansh and Aryan quickly jumped into the conversation.

Aniket reached out to hi fi with them who obliged happily.

Arnav shook his head at them. He was outnumbered among his own brothers.

The nurse walked in with Arnav's medicine. She took the injection to fill the syringe.

While Ayaansh moved from his place, Aryan's hold tightened over Arnav's hands. He was scared of injections. Arnav pulled him closer to himself to block his view of the injection. He knew Aryan wouldn't leave his side.

Ayaansh looked at the with a fond smile. The nurse was injecting Arnav but it was Aryan who looked ready burst into tears while Arnav was muttering sweet nothings to him.

"Ho gya! Aap baki ki medicines le lijiye." Nurse smiled at them before leaving.

"Jyada dard hua, Bhaiya?" Aryan asked innocently.

"Nhi, beta, tu tha na mere saath. Bilkul dard nhi hua!"

Aryan smiled heartily.

"Kuch khaya?" Arnav caressed his face gently.

"Bhabhi ne khila diya hum teeno ko, Bhaiya. Humari chinta mat karo aap." Aniket replied. "Aap rest kar lo thodi der."

"Kar loonga mai rest. Tum log ab ghar jao."

None of them even moved from their places.

"Ani.." Arnav turned to Aniket. He knew only Aniket could make the boys listen.

"I'm very tired, Bhaiya. Sone do mujhe." Aniket lied down on the couch and closed his eyes before Arnav could say anything.

Ayaansh chuckled.

"Bohot hasi aa rhi hai tujhe?" Arnav fake glared at him.

Ayaansh nodded and then shook his head.

Arnav raised his eyebrows.

Ayaansh huffed and snuggled to Arnav. He only wanted to feel Arnav's presence. He had never know how overwhelming it was to have a family. Family that loved you without any conditions or expectations. It took a long time for him to understand the true definition of family but he did. He may not have gotten the family he wanted but now he had the family he needed and he would never let go of them!

Ruffling his hair, Arnav leaned back to make room for him as Aryan had already occupied his other side. He looked at Aniket who opened his eyes feeling Arnav's stare and gave him a sheepish look.

"Haan, Haan aap bhi aa jaiye, wakil sahab."

Arnav's both side was taken by Aryan and Ayaansh so Aniket took the opposite side of bed.

"Bhaiyu, socho agar aapke clients ko pata chal gya ki unka lawyer, the best lawyer Aniket Singhania itna darpok hai toh aapki izzat ka kya hoga?" Aryan teased.

"Vahi hoga jo Bhaiya ki izzat ka hoga jab logo ko pata chalega ki Arnav Singhania is getting bossed around by his wife!" Aniket retorted.

Arnav shook his head. "Aapki shaadi hone dijiye, wakil sahab, phir dekhta hoon mai."

The boys laughed. Aniket glared at them but ended up laughing with them. Arnav saw the exhaustion he was trying to hide and reached out to caress his head. Aniket looked at him and gave a smile.

Arnav saw all three of them inching closer to him and felt his heart warming up. He knew they just wanted to be around him. The fear they were trying to cover up with their laughter wasn't lost at him. He let them take the comfort they were so desperately craving for.

Feeling soft breath near his chest, he looked down to find Aryan asleep. He gently kissed him on head. Aryan was his happiness personified. He turned to Ayaansh who was also asleep beside him. The boy had warmed up his way to his heart in such a short period of time that it baffled Arnav.

Turning his attention from them he looked up to see Aniket resting his head near his feet. He shook him a little. Aniket opened his eyes and looked at him.

"Pillow le le, Ani."

Aniket shook his head and instead leaned on to Arnav. "Mai yahin thik hoon!"

He didn't want the materialistic comfort. Arnav was the only source of comfort he needed. Arnav understood that and ruffled his hair gently.

In evening, Sharda came to hospital to see Arnav. She was out of the city for some business purpose when the incident happened. She had rushed back when she heard about Arnav being in hospital.

She held Arnav to her chest and cried. She had gotten him back after so many years. The thought of something happening to him shook her badly.

"Mai thik hoon, Masi." Arnav smiled for her.

"I'm sorry, bachcha. Mai atak gyi thi..." Sharda started to apologise but Arnav stopped her immediately.

"Koi baat nhi, Maasi. I know koi zaruri kaam hoga varna aap aa jati."

Sharda blinked off her tears. The way Arnav never expected anything for himself was heart breaking for her. Ashi reached for her hands. She could see the sadness on her face.

"Naani pahuch gyi, masi?" Arnav asked to divert the topic.

Sharda nodded her head. Meera had gone to visit their ancestral temple and would come back after a week. Arnav had insisted on not telling her anything about the incident.

"Aapka kaam ho gya, masi?" Ashi asked.

Sharda stiffened at first but then nodded. The work was done but she didn't know for long she could keep the truth hidden. The day it came out, it would shake up Arnav's world.

Just then, Rishaan entered to check on Arnav. Ashi and Sharda moved away for him.

Rishaan checked a few readings and smiled at them. "Everything's under control. Nothing to worry about!"

"Then why don't you just let me go home, Rishi?" Arnav asked.

"You've to stay under observation for three days, Bhai. We can't risk your health."

"Abhi toh tune kaha everything is under control. Just let me go home?"

"This is hospital, Arnav. Stop ordering people around. You're not going anywhere untill doctor says so." Ashi said firmly.

Rishaan nodded. "Bhabhi sahi keh rhi hai, Bhai. You need to take proper rest."

Arnav was annoyed at how everyone was against him.

"Par beta, do din me Ganesh chaturthi hai na?" Sharda intervened.

Ashi and Rishaan looked at each other. All of them celebrated the festival together and Arnav was the one who did maha aarti alongwith Aniket and Aryan. Ashi tensed. She knew the brothers will not agree to do it without Arnav and neither did she herself wanted Arnav to stay in hospital on the day of festival.

In the end, Rishaan agreed to give discharge to Arnav the next day. Ashi was skeptical but she gave in. The celebration would put the boys in better spirits too. She just wanted to see her family smiling.

"Ek kaam diya tha tumhe! Woh bhi nhi hua tumse?" A person hissed.

"Kya karta mai? Uss ladke ko maar hi deta par woh Arnav beech me aa gya!"

"Pagal the tum, Manish! Jo tumne socha ki Arnav ke saamne tum kuch bigaad paoge uske bhai ka." The person condemned.

Manish was frustrated.

"Vaise bhi maine tumhe Aryan ko maarne kaha tha? Yeh doosre ladke ko kyun pakda tumne?" Other person asked.

"Aryan ko pakadne ki bohot koshish ki maine par nhi chhu paya use. Iss ladke ke saath mauka mila toh usse pakad liya. Aur sab kuch sahi chal rha tha. Uss Arnav ki jaan nikal rhi thi uss ladke ko mere saath dekh kar. Par usne chalake se sab kharab kar diya!" Manish banged his fist on nearby wall.

"Arnav apne saamne apne bhai par kharoch bhi nhi aane deta! Tumhe usse pehle hi maar dena chahiye tha!"

"Arnav ke saamne hi maarunga Mai uske bhai ko! Bohot ghamand hai usme Arnav Singhania hone ka! Uske saame tarpaunga mai uske bhai ko!" Manish said in determined voice.

The other person smirked evilly. He had gotten the perfect person for himself. Maish was insane enough to not think about the consequences of messing with Arnav Singhania. He wanted to go to every length to see the end of Arnav and he would!

"I want to see Arnav begging on his knees! Iss baar toh bach gya woh. Agli baar aisa khel khelunga ki woh khud chalke aayega mere paas!" Manish's voice darkened with his own thoughts.

"Kya chal rha hai tumhare dimaag me?" The other person asked.

Manish smirked. "Tum uski fikar mat karo. Tum bas iska dhyaan rakho ki police mujh tak na pahuche. Ek police wale ko rishwat dekar bhaaga hoon mai jail se par woh jyada der tak Arnav ke saamne chup nhi rahega. You know what you've to do with him!"

The person nodded his head. "Woh sab ho jayega. Tum bas Mera kaam karo. Tum jaante ho mujhe kya chahiye!"

"Jaanta hoon. Tumhara kaam bhi ho jayega." Manish turned at looked at the person. "Par mujhe ek baat samajh nhi aa rhi. Tumhe Arnav ka woh Bhai hi kyun chahiye?"

The person's eyes darkened. "Usme Jaan basti hai Arnav ki! Mai usse maarna nhi chahta. Usse todna chahta hoon. Bohot garv hai use apne bhaiyo pe. Uska ateet ka sach aise saamne Lana chahta hoon Jo sab kuch barbaad kar de, sab ko tod de. Arnav ko bhi aur uske rishton ko bhi!"

"Aisa konsa sach jaante ho tum Arnav ka?"

"Samay aane pe jaan jaoge. Abhi ke liye jitna kaha hai utna karo!" The person said curtly.

Manish nodded. Arnav Singhania would soon see the end of himself!

"Itni jaldi discharge kyun? Bolo Bhai ko do teen aur rakhe Bhaiya ko hospital me!" Aryan demanded.

Arnav looked at his little innocent child in shock.

Aniket would have taken great pleasure to do what Aryan asked him of but he agreed with Ashi. The festival needed to be celebrated together.

"Do din me Ganesh Chaturthi hai na, bachcha! Bhaiya ke bina aarti kon karega?"

"Bhaiya needs to rest, Bhaiyu!"

Arnav came out of the momentary shock and pulled Aryan by holding his wrist. "I can rest at home, bachcha."

Aryan gave him an incredulous look. His Bhaiya and rest never went together in a sentence.

"Sachchi rest karoge aap?" Aryan asked suspiciously.

"Haan, beta, kaha na karunga!" Arnav tried to assure him.

Aryan's face instantly broke into a smile. He could never hold back from Arnav. "Thik hai. Mai Bhaiyu ke saath bappa ki murti choose karne jau, Bhaiya?"

"We celebrate Ganesh Chaturthi?" Ayaansh, who had just come in, asked in surprise.

The brothers looked at him. Aryan gave him a huge smile. "Haan, Bhai. And we celebrate it grandly. Bohot maza aata hai."

Ayaansh was thrilled. He had never had any such festive celebration at home before. Aryan turned to Arnav and asked the same question again. Arnav agreed.

"Aap chaloge, Bhai?" Aryan asked Ayaansh who denied politely. Aniket and Aryan left from there.

Ayaansh looked at Arnav who smiled at him. Ayaansh settled down beside him and reached for his forehead. Rishaan had told the Arnav would get feverish every few hours and they needed to keep a check on it.

"Thik hoon mai." Arnav said for the umpteenth time. His family was overdoing it.

Ayaansh ignored him and took thermometer readings. He relaxed when the reading was normal.

"Ab bharosa ho gya?"

Ayaansh grinned at him and nodded. Before Arnav could reply, Ayaansh hugged him. He didn't want his Bhaiya to exert himself.

"Aap ghar par aaram se daant lena. Abhi rest kar lo."

Arnav sighed. "I'm fine, bachcha. Why are you guys getting so worried?"

Ayaansh didn't reply. It was inexplicably difficult for him to voice out what he went through. But he had realised voicing out is always a better idea. People always thought there's enough time to do everything. Time to say things, express one's feelings. And then something happenes, and then they stand there holding on to words like if!

He looked at Arnav. "Mai aapke bina nhi reh sakta, Bhaiya.."

Surprise was evident in Arnav's eyes.

"Jab mai aapse pehli baar mila tha, aapke saath ghar aaya tha tab maine aapse ek sawaal Kiya tha, aap par ilzaam lagaya tha..." Ayaansh looked down as his own words came back to him.

Kya mai aapka kuch lagta hoon?

That makes us half brothers, not brothers!

Jab itne saalon se aap nhi aaye toh ab kyun aaye ho? Isliye kyuki Mai anaath ho gya?

When he looked at Arnav, his eyes held undying sincerity in them. "Sach toh yeh hai ki jab tak aap meri zindagi me nhi the tab tak mai anaath tha, Bhaiya!"

Arnav pulled him in his embrace. The pain in his child's voice was shattering his heart.

"Jab mai aapse mila tha tab aap mere liye kuch nhi the." Ayaansh's voice was laced with emotions. "..aaj mera aapke siwa koi nhi hai, Bhaiya. Jab tak aap mere saath ho mujhe koi aur chahiye bhi nhi. Aapne mujhe apni zindagi ka hissa bana kar meri puri zindagi badal di, Bhaiya. I can never thank you enough... Aapne jo bhi kiya.."

"Woh apne bachche ke liye kiya." Arnav cut him off gently. He was overwhelmed with Ayaansh's words but his child never needed to thank him for the love that rightfully belonged to him.

"Maine Jo bhi kiya apne bachche ke liye kiya! uske liye tujhe thank you kehne ki zarurat nhi hai. Jaanta hoon itne saalon tak nhi tha tu mere saath par tu mera bachcha hai, Ayu, and nothing can change that!"

Ayaansh hugged him. It was this love that made him overcome his fear and taught him to love back. Love was just love! Arnav's love was something that made you feel anything and everything so briefly and eternally!

"Agar aap uss din mujhe wahin chhod dete..." Ayaansh shivered at the thought.

"Kaise chhod deta? Rishte dil se judte hai, Ayu, aur dil dhadkan se!" Arnav cupped his face. "Mere dil ki dhadkan ho tum teeno! Koi apni dhadkan se door reh sakta hai kya?"

Ayaansh's eyes filled up. He hugged Arnav back.

"I love you, Bhaiya!"

Arnav blinked off his tears and kissed his forehead. His words undid him. He had only taken the first step, it was Ayaansh's love that didn't let him hold back! It was his own heartbeat that tugged at his heartstrings!

In his words, relationships are meant to be shared by heartbeats and not blood! Arnav Singhania shared his heart and soul with his brothers and no person could live without it!
____________________________________

A/n

So here we bid adieu to DHADKAN !

The next book in the series will be published within a week! Hope you all will welcome it with that same love!

THANK YOU!

Love,
Muskan

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

97.4K 2.9K 11
A beautiful wedding turns to a disaster when the younger brother of the groom elopes with the bride's sister on the eve of the marriage. Two families...
52.8K 4.8K 42
Premraj Khanna, a father who broke his own children and family apart. He disowned his daughter in the name of protecting his family name. Priyanka Kh...
54.2K 5.2K 28
Rawat bloodline is not ordinary. It is the bloodline line which produced extraordinarily powerful warriors for centuries who became the guardians to...
108K 9.3K 63
A Brother and sister shared a strained relationship between them! An elder brother who once adored and let her sister run wild changed overnight afte...