A Billionaire's Mistake

By Believeeexoxo

Lincoln Nash has it all - except someone to share it with. Content with his bachelor life, he sabotages his m... More

Standalones in the A Billionaire's Mistake series
1|The Mistake
2|Apologies
3|Muggles
4|The Serpent
5|Whiskey
6|The Revision
7|Eye Candy
8|Sweet-Talker
9|New Girl
10|Use Me
11|Wine
12|Safe
13|Third Party
14|Game
15|Nightmares
16|Good Morning
17|Gravity
18|Jett
19|Feelings
20|Rare
21|Buns
22|Praise
23|Promise
24|Hooked
25|Secret
26|Jealous
27|Flowers
28|Home
29|The Letter
30|Rough
31|The Flu
32|Water
33|Figuratively Speaking
34|Favorite Dish
35|Venice
36|Try
37|Only You
38|Scar
39|Damaged
40|Do You?
41|Tough Love
42|Patient
43|Ready
44|Quick
45|Payback
46|Vows
47|Hurricane
48|The Real You
49|Antidote
50|The Footage
51|Dirty Minutes
52|Guru
53|Balmain?
54|Snowman
55|Act
56|Paranoid
57|Favor
58|Trainer
59|Coincidence
60|Secrecy
62|Fair
63|The Future
64|Control
65|Person of Interest
66|Our Girl
67|Boss Lady
68|Empire
69|Operation
70|Ring
71|Darkness
72|Never Again
73|Hidden Truth
74|Underestimated
75|Handle It
76|Easy Fix
77|Corden

61|Thrive

7.5K 199 19
By Believeeexoxo

Sienna

"Sienna."

"Sienna, I'm here. Wake up."

My eyes shoot open into the darkness of a room that isn't mine. I'm drenched in sweat, and my heart is racing, but I can't seem to find a way to calm down. All I can feel is Travis's hands on my body, pinning me down, touching places that weren't his, and my lungs feel constricted as they always would when he'd—"

A looming figure peers down at me, and even with my heart hammering, I spin from where I'm lying on the couch, bringing my knee right to the person's groin. When a manly grunt fills the silence, and the figure doubles over, I take the opportunity and tackle him to the floor, straddling his hips with my forearm pressed against his throat.

I take the second of reprieve to take in my surroundings. The room is pitch-black, but then the events of the past twenty-four hours sink in. Being followed... Not feeling comfortable enough to go home... Coming to Riley and Carmen's apartment instead.

I'm in their living room.

I'm safe.

But then who...?

Narrowing my eyes into the darkness of the room, the lights of the city cast a glow onto the man's skin, and with a jagged sigh of relief, I take the weight of my forearm off of his throat, allowing him room to breathe.

"Linc, what the hell are you doing here?" I hiss.

He's coughing as he tries to catch his breath from either the previous weight on his throat or the jab to his groin. "Jesus," he pants, a smile tugging on his lips. "I don't know whether to be scared or impressed. Adrenaline works wonders for you, Sienna. Where the hell has this girl been in training?"

"I...I thought you were..." I can't finish the sentence before moving off his lap, sinking onto the plush white carpet. "What are you doing here? You're supposed to be in Los Angeles."

"Carmen called me a few hours ago," he explains. "Why didn't you tell me you felt you were being followed? You know I would have been on the first flight home."

"Because I don't need your help, Linc. I've got it handled. I already contacted Archer, but the security cameras seemed to have been hacked into. Whoever entered my building didn't alarm the security you hired to watch me, which means..."

"Whoever the snitch is, they have clearance into the building." His features harden before he lets out a sigh. "Regardless, you should have told me. It's not that I don't think you can handle yourself. Just because you can doesn't mean you should."

The urge to tell him no crawls its way up my throat, right on the tip of my tongue, but I can't say it. I'm used to being independent and handling everything myself, but as much as it's an instinct for me to tell him to go back to Los Angeles, I'd be lying if I said I wanted him to leave.

I'm petrified after the events of today. As good of friends as Riley and Carmen are, they aren't him. Lincoln is the only person I truly feel myself with, and while I may never need him, I'm learning that it's okay to want him by my side.

Letting out a strangled sob, I collapse into his arms, allowing him to pull me into his lap. He holds me close to his chest, my head resting on his shoulder as he kisses the top of my head repeatedly. "We're going to find him," he reassures. "I promise you."

"But what are we supposed to do until then? I can't live like this anymore. I can't be afraid to go to work. I don't want to live in fear, but lately..."

"I know," he replies. "We're going to figure it out. Together."

"You're supposed to be on a business trip. This is your time to step into your CEO position, and instead, you're having to take care of me because I can't seem to take care of myself. I worried my friends enough that they felt the need to call you. It's embarrassing enough."

Lincoln tilts my chin up to meet his eyes. "I was arriving three days earlier to network. None of the meetings begin until Monday, but even if the meetings were ten minutes from now, nothing is more important than what we have. Meetings can be rescheduled and placed on the back burner. Your mental health, however, cannot be, which is why I'm here to take you out of the city."

Before I can protest, he adds, "Only for a weekend. Enough to get you out of here and have a mental reset. A few days for you to get actual sleep. It was supposed to be your Christmas present, but if you're okay with receiving it a week early..."

My planner has been filled with countless things for me to do. I'm supposed to scout locations and prepare for Camille's visit, along with tending to numerous other clients. Our finance meeting is on Monday, and I needed to look over the reports my advisor sent via email earlier, and—"

"Two days," Lincoln whispers, scanning my eyes. "Give yourself two days with me, and I'll make you forget about everything that happened tonight."

I think back to my conversation with Rachel earlier. She seemed tired beyond comparison after not taking even one day off the past two weeks. It seemed fitting to give her a long weekend to allow her time with her fiance. Why do I not allow myself the same courtesy?

I haven't looked in the mirror recently, but I know it's evident how stressed I am. I can't remember the last time I wasn't thinking about work. My days have become a blur, the same routines on repeat. The truth is, I never had a reason to create a work-life balance until Lincoln. I never had someone looking out for me like this. I'd always work myself to the bone until I burned out, and even then, I didn't take time to relax. I may have thrown in an extra yoga session or two, but then I'd get back up the following morning and continue like I wasn't about to lose my mind.

Camille can wait. My other clients can wait. The finance meeting preparations can wait.

I'm going to give myself two days because I deserve it.

"Care to fill me in on these big fancy plans of yours?" I hum.

He chuckles, realizing he's won. "Our weekend will consist of pure luxury, Sienna. I plan to pamper, spoil, and fuck you endlessly for the next forty-eight hours. Does that sound enticing enough?"

I nod, rendered speechless by his words.

"Good. With that being said, we need to get going. First, we need to stop by the apartment and feed Muggles. Do you think Carmen can watch him while we're gone? When she called, it sounded like she was at a club. Is she back yet?"

Oh, he has no idea...

But I promised Carmen I'd keep her second job a secret, and I plan on keeping it that way.

"I don't think so. I'll text her and ask. I'm sure she won't be thrilled, but she'll do it." Carmen despises Muggles with a passion, same with Riley.

"She just needs to be gentle with him," Lincoln says. "He's temperamental. Maybe we'll stock up on those treats he likes. You know, the tiny stars? I'm sure he'll warm up to her if she entices him with those."

Snuggling closer into his lap, he makes his hold on me tighter. "I think you may love my cat more than I do," I admit.

"Our cat," he corrects. " It's not my fault he likes me more than you. I give him a star treat every night. Do you?"

I roll my eyes. "I'm sick of both of you."

"Well, get used to it, baby. You've got us for life."

Warmth bubbles into my chest at the unwavering truth of his statement. My life has changed drastically over the past year since I met him. For so long, I thought of love as a weakness. It was something that infiltrated my body and fucked with my emotions, and after things ended with Reid, I wasn't the same. It seemed like he emotionally penetrated my body and took the pieces of me that satisfied him. I was a conduit to fix the brokenness he carried, and because of my past, I allowed it.

But Lincoln...

Being with him feels the opposite. Our love is like an intricate plant that we both take the time to water and grow. Before we met, we were both dying, and together, we pulled out the weeds and planted ourselves in fresh soil. I've never breathed in fresher air after meeting him, and every day, we water our plant. We check in on it, ensuring it gets enough sunlight—ensuring it can thrive.

And tonight, flying back to New York to whisk me away when I need it the most, I'm soaking up every ounce of water he's pouring in.  

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

103K 2.9K 20
{Mature Theme, 18+} {COMPLETED} Kian Manchester - A 19 year old high school graduate. He dosen't have much, it's a struggle everyday. His parents die...
2.5M 87.5K 27
# Book 3 in Billionaire Romance Series # Aylin Stone, had always thought her life to be a circus. With a job that barely payed her bills, A asshole...
4.4M 155K 50
*BEING RE-WRITTEN* "I never once told you I broke the engagement," his words were harsh and spoken in a cold voice but his hand that was running up a...
2.3M 17.5K 8
Highest Ranking #1 adultthemes (01/05/19) #1 eroticromance (24/10/2019) #1 adultromance (26/06/2019) #1 sugardaddy (05/08/2019) #1 couple (16/08/2019...