Only you- Rangi & Kyoshi

By remote_ghost

As they continue their travels and visit the Northern Water Tribe Rangi and Kyoshi finally start to have time... More

Rangshi Playlist
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36

Chapter 17

335 16 11
By remote_ghost

"So then what information do you have to offer?" Rangi asked as the two continued to sit facing each other, Rangi with her arms crossed, while Wren's hands rested together on the table.

"It's about the attacks I believe you have been dealing with, setting buildings ablaze, breaking into place parties. Sound familiar?" Wren asked.

"Yes, it's an issue we have been dealing with for a while now," Rangi replied. "We found out it was the result of a small "spiritual group", but they have been inactive for a bit now" She continued.

"Is that it, just that small group?"

"So far, but we should be able to handle them shortly"

"You really think so?" She scoffed. "That's funny"

"And why is that?" Rangi demanded.

The firebender gave a questionable look to the scribe who began to scribble down notes. "It's not a small group to start, the one here sure. But the others, they won't be stopped so easily." Wren began.

"You know they have locations all over the four nations, I'm not sure where the main headquarters is though, maybe you'll be able to figure that out yourself." She continued.

"So what they have a lot of locations, why does that matter if they aren't even doing anything"

Wren gave a pitiful laugh, "Just because they didn't make themselves pubic like the group did here doesn't mean that they aren't doing anything"

Suddenly Rangi felt stupid, of course it wasn't that simple. When was anything ever that simple?

Wren began to explain the reasons for all the groups, they set out to find spiritual leaks, they weren't sure how they were created, only that the groups had been looking for some time. Hoping to connect more of their members to the spirits.

"So why are you telling me this anyways?"

"Why not?"

"No really this is like actually useful information and you're just handing it out. What's going to happen if they find out you have been spilling their secrets" Rangi asked.

"I don't think they cared to think that far, but figured I might as well put this information to use somewhere" Wren responded lazily.

"And how did you acquire it, exactly? You could be making this up for all I care." This information did prove to be useful, but Wren could just as easily be lying to her face. It wouldn't have come as a shock to her.

"Because I was a part of the group" Wren began to raise her voice.

Maybe she was telling the truth, Rangi contemplated. She wasn't expecting such an emotional response. "I was one the best water benders they had, my job was to help with spirit bending. But it turns out no ordinary bender can do it though. It requires way more power than I could ever hope to possess than anyone could really. Not that I really wanted to in the first place"

The firebender rolled her eyes, clearly she wanted to, Wren was probably just too prideful to admit it. " I mean linking your body to a portal, it's brutal. Nearly killed me when I gave it a go myself. But when I failed, and didn't want to try and link myself to a spirit after I was discarded like I was useless." She huffed.

Everything started to click in Rangi's head, a worried expression crashing her features. "There's nothing you could do about it?"

"It's pointless, doesn't matter who you are. It's out of anyone's control now. I tried to talk to him but he still wants his vision to be seen through properly, he wants his own portal to create the depth he needs. It doesn't matter what happens to the rest."

Rangi cocked her head, vision? This was the first time she had actually been hearing about a legitimate goal of the group.

"A fifth nation" Rangi held her breath. "Of man and spirits" Wren finished, giving Rangi a bord look.

"Can't they just become air nomads and like to meditate and stuff like that if they love spirits so much" Rangi suggested, feeling suddenly way out of her element all while the absence of Kyoshi's presence crashed on her heart. God what she would give to have her here.

"No"

A couple moments of silence pass between them. "You seem uneasy"

"This just isn't my area of expertise." Rangi explained, looking down at the table.

"Of course it isn't. You're just a bodyguard" Wren responded with a smirk. The firebender's frown deepened.

"Why are you doing this, are you really still this bitter" Rangi started, clearly the spirit group information was not the only reason she came here.

"You seem to be the only bitter one," Wren replied, grinning.

"So I guess that feeling was just mutual then" Rangi said, rising out of her chair, she had a lot to think about now there was no use continuing this conversation, she had what she needed.

"You're pathetic" And just like that the little bit of sanity that Rangi might have been clinging to slipped away.

"There's no need to act like a child," The firebender shot back, crossing her arms.

"You're the one who got scared when you were faced with real feelings, your heartless soul probably wasn't used to it" Wren replied lazily.

Rangi felt her eye twitch, was this girl really going to bring up something that happened way too long ago, and resulted in nothing? Absolutely nothing.

"So you just think I'm heartless and unlovable then, because I turned you down?'' Rangi claimed, her pride starting to bleed through a bit.

"Heartless surly. But then again, what more could I expect? Just look at you as nothing more than a bodyguard, it's not like you really do anything. I mean I'm surprised you were sent to handle this meeting in place of the Avatar"

A hot coal boiled in Rangi's chest. "Excuse me, just because I said no and you got kicked out of your little spirit group doesn't mean that you have come here and attack me for no reason"

"Clearly I'm a petty person" It seemed like Wren was perfectly happy playing little petty childish games, that Rag had no time nor the energy for.

"Clearly" The firebender locked a firefly gaze with the woman in front of her. Neither moving.

"Did you even want to meet with the avatar, it seems you are much more interested in fighting with me than actually trying to help any issue that is going on across the nations."

"It was a good excuse to come here, though I figured she would be out. But I still needed a good story. You guys are kinda hard to get a hold of you know."

"So you knew she would be out, how come?" Her heart started to quicken at the mention of Kyoshi.

"Because of the invitation of course" Wren crossed her arms mimicking Rangi's position.

"Of course" The firebender didn't know what to make out of the information that was being fed to her anymore.

"You're not surprised?" Wren tilted her head slightly.

Rangi just blinked blankly. "About what?"

"So don't have any questions?" Wren replied ignoring the firebenders previous question.

"No, except if you don't have any other valuable pieces of information you'd care to share then can you people leave?" She was truely through with the waterbenders behavior, at this point she didn't have long before Rangi removed the woman from the room herself.

"Of course" Wren rose out of seat this time, shortly followed by the two men. Who had strangely said little to nothing this whole entire time.

"Care to get a drink then?" Wren asked mockingly. Rangi felt a heat rise in her cheeks. "Get out"

"Really not just one, it would be quick. It might make you reconsider some past decisions."

"I have a fucking girlfriend you know"

"You mentioned that before too, but where is she?"

"That's not the point, the point is I said no. So. Get. The. Fuck. Out." She tried to enunciate each syllable.

"Heartless" Wren shot.

"Bitch" Rangi, muttered under her breath, as the water benders left, the doors closing behind them.

Am I terrible at publishing on a schedule? Absolutely. Do you guys deserve better? 100% Has school been kicking my ass? Also yes. Do I have another chapter that will be out by Sunday? Yup :) promise 

Also do you guys like the heavy dialog chapters? Or are they a no? Feel free to let me know!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

139K 3.9K 58
"a girl born from ashes, filled with tears until she shattered, and was reborn." In which the girl with purple fire falls for the stubborn Water Tr...
3.2K 71 11
Hello!! This is my first story, so ill do my best. ❗️Also i will only write some fluff. I WILL NOT write SMUT, remember they are MINORS. ❗️...
1.3K 40 15
The third book of the kyoshi novels (non-canon) In the aftermath of their epic battle against Yun, Avatar Kyoshi and her firebending partner, Rangi...
6.7K 127 11
**WARNING** This fanfiction contains spoilers for the Legend of Korra TV show, as well as the 2 graphic novel sequels Turf Wars and Ruins of the Empi...