Can I be a Hero Too?

By SadCrow30

Grim the Reaper is a notorious mass murderer in Japan who has been suspected of killing over a dozen people i... More

DISCLAIMER AND OC(S) APPEARANCE
Chapter 1 - There are Weirder Ways to Learn About Murder
Chapter 2 - Interogation on Both Sides???
Chapter 3 - Flashback 1
Chapter 4 - The Rat Person and the Insomniac Hero Made a Mistake
Chapter 5 - Gotta Love People Watching When you Need a Distraction
Chapter 6 - Flashback 2
Chapter 7 - The Day Grim Woke up and Chose Sassiness Instead of Violence 1
Chapter 9 - Nerves, Gotta Love 'em
Chapter 10 - Girlie is a Bit Off
Chapter 11 - Flashback 3
Chapter 12 - Woah Wings?!
Chapter 13 - Liar

Chapter 8 - The Sass is Strong With This One

7 0 0
By SadCrow30

"So, what'd you need to talk to me about?" Grim asks as she sets her cereal and orange juice down on the table before sitting down.

"I was going through the paperwork I had you fill out, and I noticed you left a few things blank." Dr. Kishida sets the paperwork on the table

"Yeah? What about it?" She asks before she consumes a bite of cereal.

"You left the question about your quirk blank, Grim. U.A needs to know what kind of quirk you have."

She swallows before speaking, "Uhh, aren't they going to figure it out today?"

"Well, technically, yes. Since we didn't have you take your pills this morning."

"Actually I took them at 2 something in the morning." She puts another spoonful of cereal into her mouth.

"You what?" The doctor looks a her with irritation and confusion painted all over his face.

"Yeah, I woke up at like 2 and I took them." She shrugs.

She continues to eat as the doctor just looks at her, trying to decide if she didn't care or was just being stupid.

"You do realize that you're going to have to do the testing without your quirk then, right?"

"Okay? What's wrong with that?"

"'What's wrong with that?'" He repeats in disbelief, "You are going to have to do the testing without your quirk, how are you not worried about this? They'll probably have you fight with someone."

"And? That won't be hard, I've done it before."

"Without your quirk?"

"No, but I don't really use it."

"You don't use your quirk when you're fighting people?"

"Not really."

The doctor stares at her in disbelief, who exactly was this girl? She didn't use her quirk to fight people? That meant she did all of those despicable things without using her quirk. He shuddered at the thought of someone being that powerful to take down a hero without using a quirk.

"You okay there doc?" She asks as she finishes her cereal.

"How... how do you not use your quirk when fighting people?"

"I just don't, it isn't that hard."

"Wha...?"

She looks at him calmly, the glass of orange juice on her lips before she lowers it, "What's confusing you? I don't use my quirk much if at all to fight. If I do it's just to show off or because I actually needed it. My quirk is kinda like my plan B or C." She resumes drinking her orange juice.

"So, all the times you fought with a hero...you didn't need it?"

"Nope," She says but then thinks for a moment before shrugging and speaking again, "Well sometimes, but not often."

That absolutely terrified the doctor, just how powerful was she? Guess his questions would be answered during the assessment at U.A.

"What else do you want to talk to me about? Cause I'm done with my breakfast." She slid the tray over to an empty spot on the table before looking back at him.

He cleared his throat, "Right, you left the spot where you put your name empty."

"Yeah, what about it?"

"Why didn't you put your name?"

"Because I didn't want to." Dr. Kishida looks at her until Grim sighs and visibly internally curses at herself, "Yuuri."

"What?" Dr. Kishida looks at Grim with confusion.

"Yuuri Kurosawa, that's my name." She says as she looks away from the doctor.

"Thank you," He writes the name down on the paper.

"Anything else before I get locked back in that room till lunch?" She leans back in her chair and crosses her arms, looking at the doctor defiantly.

"It's just for precaution."

"For who? I've been here, what? A month? I haven't tried anything the entire time I've been here."

"The board just thinks it's in the hospital's best interest to take every precaution with you. You were Japan's most wanted and dangerous villain, aside from All For One, but he's been gone for a long time."

"I'm sure that's what it is and not just because everyone who knows what I've done is absolutely terrified that the one time they don't follow all the 'precautions' I'll escape and go on a bloody rampage." She says sarcastically, but there was a twinge of sadness hidden underneath all of the sarcasm.

He sighs irritatedly, "Grim, are you going to be like this all day?"

"I dunno, are you gonna drug my lunch again?"

He looks at her confused, "What?"

"You heard me,"

"Grim what on earth are you talking about?"

"Yesterday I ate lunch around 2 or 3 and an hour or so later I basically passed out and woke up at like 2 in the morning. So, Doctor, I'll ask again, are you gonna drug my lunch again?"

"I never authorized for your food to be drugged." He says in a concerned voice.

"Then why the actual f-" She stopped herself as she spotted a kid sitting within earshot, "Then why did I sleep for so long?"

"Probably because you were tired."

She lets out a short laugh, "Yeah right,"

He blinks as he realizes something, "Grim, how long do you usually sleep for?"

"Uh," She thinks for a moment, "I dunno, 10 hours?"

"Then why did you say 9 hours was a long time?"

"Because for one day it is."

"What?" He looks at her even more confused, "Sleeping for 9 hours a day isn't a long time, it's a healthy amount."

"A day?" Now it's her turn to look at the doctor in a confused way, "Yes it is, it's almost the amount that I sleep in a week."

He just looks at Grim as this registers in his brain, she meant she slept for 10 hours a week? That meant she slept for nearly 1.5 hours a day.

"Sleeping for an hour and a half a day isn't healthy whatsoever."

"An hour and a half? No, I sleep for two hours on the weekdays and I either don't sleep on weekends or I sleep a lot more than I usually do."

"Grim, that- that's not healthy. At all."

"Well it's worked for three and a half years so it can't be that detrimental to my health." She shrugs.

He sighs, knowing he won't win this battle no matter how hard he tries, "At least you got enough sleep today."

She rolls her eyes, "Whatever you say doc."

He thinks for a moment, before looking at the time and then at Grim, "Come with me please." He stands up.

"Why?" She gives him a suspicious look.

"Just do it, don't fight me on every little thing today."

She stands up and follows Dr. Kishida out of the cafeteria and towards the elevator, "You taking me back to my room?"

"No,"

They enter the elevator and Dr. Kishida presses the button for the 2nd floor, "You sure? Cause it looks like that's where we're going."

"Yes I'm sure."

There's a few minutes of silence until Grim speaks up again, "Then where are we going?"

"You're acting like an impatient child right now."

"Okay and?" She crosses her arms and looks at him with a sassy expression, "I'm a child and I am impatient, your point?"

He pinches the bridge of his nose and sighs, "Thank god none of my children are like this." He mutters under his breath.

"Yeah, like you would know." She snickers before Dr. Kishida glares at her and she immediately shuts up.

A minute later the doctor sighs, "Look, I know today is nerve racking and this must be your way of releasing your stress. So I apologize for being so short tempered with you and not being patient enough with you today."

She shrugs, "It's fine. It's no big deal."

"Even so, I shouldn't have reacted the way I did."

"Seriously Doc, it's fine, don't worry about it."

Dr. Kishida sighs before the elevator doors open and they step out. He leads Grim to the room where the little girl was and knocks on the door before opening it.

"You have thirty minutes before I come back and then we'll talk some more."

"Thanks," she says before entering the room, Dr. Kishida closes the door behind Grim and she was left with Himari, "Hi again," she sits down in a chair across from the little girl's bed.

Himari looked at her confused and a bit suspicious, "Hi,"

The strange girl named Grim was back again and she seemed more somber than before, the doctor must've told her why she was there. She didn't like the doctor, actually she didn't like anyone at the hospital, they all look at her with pity. She doesn't want them to pity her, she just wants everything to go back to the way it was before she ended up here, she wants her mom, her dad, her sister, hell she'd even take her older brother at this point, no matter how annoying and irritating he was. But if she can't have that, the next best thing would be vengeance.

"So, what's up?"

"The ceiling."

Grim smiled a bit, "True, I meant how are you though."

"Yeah, I know. I'm fine, thanks for asking." Himari didn't mean to come off as rude but sounded like it.

Grim nods her head, seeming to understand, "Doc said your entire family died, but you didn't. I'm curious, why is that?" She pivots so her legs are hanging off the side of the chair she was sitting in.

The little girl looked at her confused, "What?"

"Why didn't you die when everyone else you loved and cared about did?"

Himari just stared at Grim with her mouth open, was she actually asking this? She had just lost her entire family and not even a hint of sympathy, she didn't want pity and was grateful Grim wasn't giving her any, but she could at least give her a little bit of sympathy.

Grim sighs, "Look, I've been in your shoes before. I've lost my everything before, and I had to watch it happen."

"What?!" Himari looked at Grim shocked, there was no way this girl was like her, she was too calm and didn't seem to care about anything or anyone.

"It was some time ago," Grim shrugs, as she stares up at the ceiling, playing with her hair as she did so, "but I've been there. So I know how it feels."

"How long ago was it?"

"4 years, 10 months and 24 days."

"Did you see who killed them?"

Grim almost laughs, "I did more than see them."

Himari looked confused, there was nothing funny about this, so why was this girl finding humor in it? "What do you mean?"

"Let's just say I got revenge right then and there."

Himari's eyes widened in horror, "Y-you killed someone?!"

Grim pivots so that she's sitting correctly in the chair, she looks Himari directly in the eyes, her expression completely serious, "Don't tell me you don't want revenge for your family's death, because I know you do."

"But why'd you have to kill them? You could've just turned him in to the police."

Grim looked at the little girl like she was dumb, "I watched as my brother who I thought was invincible, my everything, get brutally murdered right in front of me. So please, enlighten me, why would I ever think about turning them in? I'm sure if you weren't paralyzed by fear you would've at least tried to kill the person who killed your family." Grim rests her head in her hand as she begins to calm down some, "An eye for an eye, as the saying goes."

"Do you even care that you killed someone?"

She shrugs, "I've done worse,"

After a few minutes of Himari just staring at Grim with her mouth open and her eyes wide with shock and horror, Grim speaks again, "So, what's your quirk?"

"Uh...uhm, I can control water, but I have to be near water for it to work."

"That sounds cool, can I see?"

"There isn't any water near me,"

Grim looks around, "Right." She looks outside the room, "Give me one moment."

The girl stands up and walks right out the door, closing it on her way out. A minute or so later she returns with a glass full of water, she sets the glass of water down on the table next to Himari before crossing her arms, "There,"

"So, you just want me to...?"

"Yep,"

Himari took a deep breath before focusing on the water. After a few seconds, water droplets began to float up from the glass, the little girl smiles as the water droplets move around in a circle in the air. It continued like that for another minute or so until there was a knock on the door, which threw Himari's focus off and sent the water droplets towards the door just as it was opening, hitting Dr. Kishida's clothing and glasses.

Grim immediately turns to the water-soaked doctor and starts laughing as Himari stumbles out an apology. Dr. Kishida, in a calm manner, slowly takes his glasses off and wipes them clean before putting them back on his face and looking at Grim, "You're thirty minutes are over. We need to get you ready for your assessment at U.A now."

Grim eventually stops laughing and nods, turning to Himari, "Cya later Ueda."

"Bye Grim." Himari waves as she watches Grim exit the room.

Dr. Kishida turns to follow Grim out the door but hesitates and turns to the water glass, he goes over to it and takes it with him on his way out.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

757K 29K 33
(Female reader x various male characters) [Y/n] [L/n] has always been told her quirk was nothing special. Determined to defy expectations, she imagi...
66.2K 1.3K 30
𝐘/𝐍 𝐋/𝐍, 𝐀 𝐆𝐈𝐑𝐋 𝐁𝐎𝐑𝐍 𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐎 a world where 80% of the human population possesses a super human ability called a 'quirk'. Y/N was specia...
93 6 3
Known throughout the entire continent of Asia, an infamous serial killer runs amuck, stalking the nights of Japan for the duration of three years. Th...
31.8K 626 39
In a world where Quirks define destiny, Tatsuya Akiba's childhood was anything but easy. At a tender age, he lost everything to the Shikaku Renmei, a...