Maybe it's All About Timing

By tk_ouat

What if Regina had a long lost Daughter w/Daniel? This will be an OQ fic to tell the tale of Regina and her d... More

Innocent to Evil Ch1-Part1
Innocent to Evil Ch1-Part2
Innocent to Evil Ch1-Part3
Innocent to Evil Ch1-Part4
You're Not a Villain Ch2
We're Back Ch3-Part1
We're Back Ch3-Part2
Her Ch 4
Danielle Ch5-Part2

Danielle Ch5-Part 1

221 9 156
By tk_ouat

This chapter will be in two parts. Sorry for the long wait; I'll try to have the next chapter up soon, hopefully. 🤞

Trigger warning:
Mild mentions of blood
Physical violence

Please don't hate me! 🙈

Danielle
Chapter 5

Part 1

Many years ago - Enchanted Forest

The piercing cries of a three-week-old baby girl with soft brown hair and hazel eyes reverberated throughout the night sky of the Enchanted Forest, as a fairy with azure wings fluttered hurriedly over the river stream of Lake Nostos.

Once she arrived at her destination, the fairy delicately placed the basket containing the crying infant onto the forest ground, transforming into her human form.

Blue sighed in annoyance and peered into the basket that held the wailing newborn babe. "My goodness, you certainly have some vocal cords on you! You haven't stopped screeching since we left the palace. Thankfully, soon you will no longer be of my concern." The baby girl's cries only increased in volume at the sound of Blue's voice.

The fairy carefully scooped up the distressed, delicate baby girl in her arms, attempting to hush her cries away. Yet, the fairy's touch seemed to only cause greater distress for the innocent babe.

The stolen newborn princess could sense the lack of warmth and maternal love emanating from the blue fairy. She could feel the difference in the atmosphere—the feeling of separation from her mother. She had been cocooned in a secure and safe womb for nine months, hearing her mother's steady beating heart and being lulled to a tranquil slumber by that same organ. Yet now, she was exposed to unknown surroundings, held by a stranger whose voice could not compare to that of her mother's.

She needed her mother.

Her protector, who had courageously birthed her into this land only three weeks ago. She needed the one whose soothing melody would lull her into contentment while cradled secure and comforted in her arms. Most of all, she needed the one who lovingly nourished her with sustenance she desperately needed in this dire hour.

She needed her mother.

Suddenly.

A mysterious man spoke in a deep, authoritative voice that seemed to echo from the shadows of the willow tree across from the fairy and wailing Princess.

"At last, you have arrived. I had begun to doubt whether you would ever fulfill your promise... Azure."

"Do you presume me to be a fool?" Blue asked, a smirk of mischief dancing on her lips. She then approached the man, offering the crying infant. "I won't allow this prophecy to be fulfilled, especially for a baby whose mother bears the tainted blood of an evil lineage."

The man, or deity rather, stepped out from the shadows of the willow tree with a mischievous grin, his gaze fixed on the wailing creature. He let out a sly chuckle and said, "Do you think of me as mad? If you've read the prophecy, you know I can't hold that creature. We must proceed with the plan - Azure. Do you, have it?"

As the fairy gazed down at the stolen princess in her arms, Blue noticed something: the infant's soft olive skin began to emit a luminous golden glow, while her chubby cheeks and tiny nose were tinged with a soft rosy hue due to her persistent cries.

He was right.

"Indeed, I do," she inquired, "what of you?"

"Of course, Azure, you should be well aware by now that I always keep my word, especially on something as significant as this," he said firmly.

Blue nodded curtly, knowing what had to be done, taking a deep breath, she gently placed the crying infant back in its basket. With a swift wave of her hand, a powerful fairy's wand appeared in her grasp.

But not just any ordinary powerful fairy's wand. No, this wand belonged to a woman whom Azure had known since birth, someone that she despised with every ounce of her being—the Black Fairy. Not that fraudulent Fiona, mother of Rumpelstiltskin, but someone much more powerful: Jezebel, the woman who gave Azure her birth name and the woman who abandoned Azure to live a failed life as a human—her own mother.

"And the body?"

The fairy's eyes shone with an ominous gleam as she held the powerful dark wand up to the star-studded night sky. With a deafening crack of thunder and lightning, the lifeless body of a young man appeared before them.

The wand began to radiate an eerie glow as the fairy moved it in an arc over the lifeless young man's body, summoning his spirit back from the depths of the Netherworld and restoring it to its corpse.

In a sudden jolt, the corpse's eyes flew open as if startled by its newfound life. His eyes and mind were somewhat fuzzy as he peered up at the two figures hovering above him: a woman in a blue gown with an outlandish hairstyle and a man dressed in a dark black robe with... 'Is that fire?' blazing blue hair. But then he heard a faint, desperate wail and turned his head to the source. He saw a basket cradling a... 'Is that a baby?'. Its small body was illuminated in a warm golden hue. He was utterly confused.

He abruptly sat up, feeling a palpable combination of fear and anxiety flood through his body.

Suddenly.

A flood of memories rushed to the forefront of his mind: the stables, his plan with Regina... His declaration of love for her. He had proposed to her. They were going to escape together, but then... Cora caught them. Regina's mother had taken his life. Cora ripped his beating heart from his chest and crushed it to dust. They were so close. They had planned to elope and start their own journey, but it was too late.

He gulped, feeling his breath clog his throat like a lump of coal, unable to take in a single molecule of air... But he is dead; why would he even be breathing? His mind raced, trying to make sense of the unfamiliar surroundings. 'Where am I? Who are these people? Is this the afterlife? But why is there a crying, glowing baby?'

He frantically scooted his body back on the ground, attempting to keep his distance from these two strangers, as his mind raced in turmoil.

But his desperate attempt to get up and run away was futile as the man with hair blazing with electric-blue flames firmly grabbed him by the shoulder, quickly jerking him out of the state of chaos in his mind and forcing him to rise to his feet.

The deity chuckled as he saw the look of puzzlement on his weak nephew's face. "I know what you're thinking," he said with a sly grin. "Where the hell am I, and who the fuck are these two?" He wrapped his arm around his nephew's shoulders. "Allow me to put your mind at ease and introduce myself. I'm your Uncle Hades, the God of the Underworld. And this lovely lady here is Azure, a fairy who has kindly brought your conscious spirit back from a little place called the Netherworld."

Hades continued; his tone still amused. "Anyway, we need a tiny, itty bitty little favor from you. Do you see that crying creature over there? Well, that's your daughter. Congratulations, you're a papa! Who knew you had it in you, boy?" He gave his nephew a proud squeeze on the shoulder and smirked, his voice full of sarcasm. "Now, take a look at this bottle here," he said with a mocking smile as a glass bottle magically appeared in his hand. Its contents shone with a mesmerizing rose-colored liquid. "We need little Missy there to drink it. But you, Daniel, must be the one to feed it to her. After all, you are her father - can you believe it? How many people have the chance to come back from the dead, only to find out they are a father and can hold and feed their daughter for the first time, hmm? Not many! You are one of the lucky ones, Danny boy. Mind if I call you Danny? So, what do you say? How about feeding your daughter for the very first time?"

Daniel was rendered speechless by the unexpected revelation from his supposed uncle.

He's a father.

He was so shocked that he couldn't process a single word his uncle said afterward.

"I-

"You better believe it, bud," Hades said with a devilish smirk. "You and Cora's daughter did the hanky-panky and created a baby. That wailing little creature is your daughter. Believe it, Danny; it takes two to tango."

Blue rolled her eyes and scooped up the distressed baby girl, offering her to Daniel. He hesitated but eventually opened his arms to the whimpering infant, who was apparently his daughter. She was swaddled in a delicate amethyst baby blanket, and he observed the embroidered name: Danielle Allison. The moment her soft cheek touched his broad chest, her wails ceased. As soon as her doe-like hazel eyes, framed with lush lashes, locked with his own sapphire gaze, he knew that she was his—his and Regina's.

Unexpectedly.

Daniel couldn't quite fathom the source of the images sweeping through his mind, causing his eyes to gleam with a hypnotic golden hue, leaving him in a trance-like state. And then she appeared: Regina, breathtakingly beautiful and heavily pregnant with their child growing within her. He saw images of Regina fearlessly pushing through her labor pains to bring their daughter into this realm. He saw tears of happiness when their daughter first made contact with Regina's chest. He saw Regina cradling their fresh infant, gazing down at their perfect creation with love in her eyes, and whispering the words, "Thank you, Daniel."

Tears welled up in Daniel's eyes as he gazed down at his precious baby girl, whose features were the perfect blend of her mother's beauty. He felt an indescribable sense of infinite love surge through his body—a feeling he had never experienced before. She was nothing short of perfect. Though his chest may be devoid of a physically beating heart, at this moment, he felt as if his heart was alive once more, for he cradled his true heartbeat in the form of a precious little being, a part of both him and her mother, nestled securely in his loving arms. The tears that filled his eyes spilled and ran down his cheeks as he whispered softly, "No, thank you, Regina."

"What a sweet little reunion," Hades said sarcastically, his eyes filled with mockery. His nephew, however, paid him no attention and continued to marvel over his seed. 'Pathetic,' Hades thought as he walked up to Daniel and held the bottle up in front of his face. "I believe it's feeding time," he said in a sardonic tone. "She looks a bit hungry, don't you think, Danny? Give her this; time is ticking. Remember, this is a privilege - you are still dead. You don't have much time."

Daniel shifted his gaze from his daughter to Hades, sniffing back his tears as he protectively held his heartbeat close to his chest. He nervously asked, "W-why? W-what is it? W-will it harm her?"

Hades gasped in mock surprise, pressing a hand to his chest as he said in a sarcastic voice, "No, no, it won't harm her. What kind of uncle do you take me for? Hmm? If anything, it'll actually heal her."

"Heal her?" Daniel asked, his voice tinged with worry. "Is... Is she ill?"

Blue gave her most disingenuous painted smile and said in a sugary voice, "No, Daniel, she is not ill, and it won't harm her in the slightest, but she must consume every single drop... We have brought your spirit back for a limited time, only for this momentous experience. As Hades has already noted, this is a privilege. Go on, you must feed her now."

The former stableboy held his daughter tightly in his arms, feeling a deep sense of unease. He had been powerless to save her mother from Cora's sorcery, and he could not bear the thought of failing his daughter this very moment.

Drawing upon his paternal instinct, Daniel stood his ground, his voice firm and resolute. "I'm not feeding her something that is unknown to me," he stated. "What is the purpose of this?" His daughter shifted in his arms, her little head turning from side to side as she snuggled closer to his chest, whimpering softly. Her tiny lips formed an 'o' shape as she sought nourishment from him... a reminder of her mother's absence... 'Wait.' Daniel's voice rose in alarm as the realization dawned on him, "Where is Regina? W-what have you done with her?!"

Blue and Hades were growing increasingly irritated with the ex-stable boy's ceaseless inquiries. Hades' flaming head was a telling sign of the displeasure he was feeling.

The God of the underworld replied sternly, "She didn't want the little critter; she gave it up to the fairies, and Blue here is her Fairy Godmother. It is-

Daniel abruptly interjected his supposed uncle and retorted in a hostile manner, exclaiming, "Regina would never! I refuse to believe you!" He knew Regina better than she knew herself. She had a big heart and loved fiercely. She would never abandon their child - it was an absurd accusation. The vivid visions of Regina and their daughter in his mind were a testament to his insight of the kind of woman and mother she is.

His uncle is an awful liar.

"You sure about that... stableboy," Hades said with a sly smirk as he waved his hand and conjured a shimmering crystal ball in his palm, revealing an image of Regina, the roundness of her belly unmistakable, her voice clear as she said the words that made Daniel's throat tighten, "I'm not sure I even want this baby anymore."

Blue sighed in frustration, as she had come to the realization that Hades was an imbecile, dangerously close to destroying their entire plan. She knew she had to take matters into her own hands. Putting on a serious yet compassionate expression, she fabricated a partly believable lie for the ex-stableboy.

"Daniel, after Cora killed you, Regina was forced to marry King Leopold. As you know, the baby is not biologically Leo's. This put Regina in a difficult situation with her unborn child." Blue swallowed and continued, "She trusted me to take care of the little one, knowing that the knowledge of the baby's paternity could lead to treason if the King ever found out it is indeed a bastard."

She paused for emphasis, ensuring that Daniel was listening. "You see, Daniel, there is a prophecy. It speaks of your daughter. She will soon possess powerful magic, and one day it might become too much for her to control, to the point where she could possibly harm innocent people. You witnessed firsthand what powerful dark magic can do from Regina's mother. Do you really want that same fate for... Danielle?"

Daniel felt a deep sense of conflict battling in his mind upon learning of his daughter's prophecy. He could only imagine the difficulty and pain Regina had gone through in making the decision to give away their daughter. He had failed her. He wished he could erase her pain, the blame she must be feeling for having to make such a heartbreaking choice. Daniel wished he had been there to shield them both, to be the protector that he should have been. He had failed Regina, his love, his fiancée, the mother of his child. She did not deserve this fate.

Daniel was seething with rage, and worst of all, she had been forced to wed the King against her own wishes.

This was all Cora's fault, and he refused to let his innocent baby girl possess the same type of dark magic as her grandmother. However, his question remained unanswered; he needed to know the purpose of the formula. For all he knew, this could be a ploy, orchestrated by these two mysterious magical beings. He had to be wise and think carefully. He was fooled once, shame on him. He refused to be fooled a second time.

He had to protect his daughter, Danielle.

"Is this formula meant to strip Danielle of her magic?" he asked, shifting Danielle in his arms protectively. She gazed up at him with her doe-like hazel eyes, making soft cooing noises, seemingly aware of her father's loving embrace. "If I do consent to this, what will become of her?"

"Oh, Danny boy," Hades said in a sardonic, menacing tone, his hands clasped tightly behind his back as he stalked closer to his nephew. "My patience is wearing thin with you, my dear nephew," he made a gesture with his hand to signify his dwindling patience. "If you care at all for your daughter's well-being, you will do as we say. You have no idea who you are dealing with. I'm a far worse nightmare than Cora ever will be," Hades said, his voice dripping with malice as he stepped closer to Daniel. When they were face to face, nose to nose, and toe to toe, he clenched his jaw and said, "Now, feed her the fucking formula, or she will face the consequences, and it will be all. Her. Daddy's. Fault," he said, emphasizing each word with a piercing glare.

Daniel's eyes blazed with fervor as he gazed into the eyes of the God of the Underworld, his so-called uncle. He knew he couldn't trust him. He could sense the fire radiating from the deity, and he knew his intuition was right—Hades was dangerous. His thoughts raced as he held his daughter closer to his chest. He had to find a way to protect her, even if it meant sacrificing himself. After all, he was already dead, so what more could Hades do to him? Danielle was his main priority, but he just couldn't fathom Hades' fixation on Danielle drinking that fucking formula. So, with boldness, he asked, "Why is this so important to you... Uncle?"

Hades roared, his blue flame transforming into a raging inferno cascading down his shoulders. His thunderous anger caused the creature in his nephew's arms to start wailing once again. Yet, as soon as he heard the cries, his flames began to die down, and he spoke in a falsely gentle voice, "You know what, fine. Fine. I'm cool, I'm fine." Despite the creature's continued whimpering, Hades paid it no mind and instead looked upon his nephew with disdain as the boy tried to soothe it. 'He really is pathetic.' He waved the vial in front of them and said, "You see, my dear nephew, this creature is a demigoddess with powerful magic... As Azure said, she doesn't know of her power yet, clearly... and this," he gestured to the bottle, "let's just say it will help her keep her power in check... Like Azure said, we wouldn't want her to cause the same kind of harm Cora did to you, would we?"

"A-a Demigod-

"Bingo! She's half human, half God. Your father is Zeus, my ever-irritating, girlfriend-stealing brother, the God of Olympus, and your mother is..." Hades forced himself to suppress his anger at the thought of Daniel's mother. "Hera... Seeing as you are no longer among the living, how about a bargain? If you feed your little scamp this concoction, I will bring your soul back to Olympus, and it will be one great big festive Olympian family reunion. What do you say, Danny boy?" he said with a sardonic grin, proffering the rosy liquid bottle to his nephew once more with one hand while surreptitiously crossing his fingers behind his back.

"He's right, Daniel," Blue said with a deceptive sweetness. "We've told you what you need to know. As soon as she is fed the formula, we will return your spirit to Olympus, reuniting you with your birth mother and father, And Danielle will be under my protection. I promise I will find her the loving family she deserves."

Daniel's mind was in a state of total hell, with a cacophony of revelations bombarding him in rapid succession. Not only is he a father, but the two people who had raised him since he was as small as Danielle, Harold and Lydia, weren't his true biological parents. And that's not to mention that he is a god, and his daughter is a demigoddess with a prophecy stating that she would soon possess magical powers beyond her control. And the most heartbreaking of them all, Regina had been forced into marrying the King and had no choice but to give up their baby. His mind felt as if it were about to implode, leaving him speechless for what felt like the millionth time.

"And not to worry, this formula has all the nutrients she needs. It'll be like drinking straight from her mother's bosom." Blue said with a sly smile, her expression carefully crafted to ensure she got what she wanted.

"If I feed her this, can you assure me that she will be safe and protected?" Daniel finally spoke, his voice firm and unwavering. "I don't care what happens to me after this- my only concern is for my child's wellbeing. Can you guarantee that my effort won't be in vain?"

Hades approached his nephew, with a contract magically appearing in his grasp and a quill materializing in Daniel's free palm. "Let's make this official," the corners of his lips turned upwards. "You sign the contract, and your little critter there will remain unharmed. You have my word, but remember, she must drink. Every. Single. Last. Drop," he punctuated his words with a raised eyebrow for emphasis... "Oh, and you must use your own blood as ink. Tick-tock, tick-tock, time is ticking, Danny Boy."

Daniel paused, taking a deep breath as he shifted his softly cooing baby girl in his arms. With slight hesitation, he guided the quill to the hand holding his daughter and pricked his finger. Then, he hovered his palm over the contract. He was apprehensive, unsure if signing it was the right choice to guarantee his daughter's safety, not only in the present moment but for the years to come. However, he had faith that this was the best decision for her.

Once the bloody ink touched the paper and he inscribed his signature, the agreement was sealed, and the contract vanished in a puff of smoke. The quill in his palm was magically replaced by the bottle. He knew it was time.

Daniel gazed down at his healthy baby girl, feeling a rush of love and a sense of responsibility. He knew she was hungry and overdue for her feeding. Holding her close to his chest, he brought the bottle near her small lips, but Danielle wasn't having it. She kept moving her tiny head from left to right, displaying a fussy attitude she undoubtedly inherited from her mother. She was on the verge of crying again, and Daniel felt a wave of anxiety wash over him. He had never fed a baby before, and this was all new to him. Despite his inexperience, he knew she was counting on him; he was her father, after all.

Summoning every ounce of courage he had, Daniel caught his daughter's attention. Her hazel eyes met his sapphire ones and, for the very first time, he spoke to his daughter. "Hi, Danielle," he said softly, his voice trembling slightly. "I'm your daddy." His daughter's response was a series of cooing noises, blinking up at him with her long lashes and doe-like eyes.

"You have to drink this for Daddy, okay, sweetie?" Daniel gently held the bottle to her lips, and to his surprise, she eagerly latched on. A sense of pride washed over him as he fed his precious daughter for the first time. She suckled away in contentment, and he smiled, wishing he could have been there for Regina throughout it all. He couldn't believe she had been pregnant all this time. He figured she must have been scared to tell him they were having a baby, considering who her mother is. But they could have been a perfect little family, no matter how imperfect, if they had the chance to run away and start a new life.

He smirked to himself, knowing that the beautiful miracle of their love had been created on the first night they made love. They were just two careless, passionate teenagers... Suddenly, his joy was interrupted as he noticed something alarming: the golden hue on his daughter's cheeks was slowly fading, and her skin was paling.

He was panicking, confused, and angry. Instinctively, just before she drank the last drop, he lunged forward and yanked the bottle away from his daughter's lips, sending it crashing to pieces on the ground. Danielle started to wail, intensifying the wave of panic that had already started to wash over him. Knowing he had to act quickly, he kicked up a cloud of dirt, directly into the faces of Blue and Hades. Caught off guard, they started coughing and rubbing their eyes, giving Daniel just enough time to scoop Danielle up in her basket and run away.

He had to protect his daughter.

As Daniel sprinted along, he heard a gentle yet familiar woman's voice whisper, "The river will keep her safe. Believe me, my son." He hadn't heard that voice since he was a small child, but it was the same one from his dreams, and her enchanting voice singing the melody of the lullaby echoed in his mind.

He always thought it was a dream - a dream full of vivid images of a baby peacefully floating down a river stream, accompanied by a woman's gentle voice singing an enchanting melody. But it wasn't a dream. It was a memory - his memory.

That woman was his birth mother, who had to let him go for his protection, and he realized that he, too, had to do the same for his own daughter - let her go.

"Hush now, my baby. Be still, love, don't cry. Sleep like you're rocked by the stream. Sleep and remember this river lullaby. I'll be with you when you dream. Drift on a river. That flows through my arms. Drift as I'm singing to you. I see you smiling so peace and calm. And holding you, I'm smiling, too. Here in my arms safe from all harm. Holding you I'm smiling too."

The river was the key. He knew he must take Danielle to the river's embrace, where its waters would keep her safe.

As he approached the river's edge, he knelt and peered into the basket that held his weeping, beating heart in a tiny human form. Tears welled in his eyes as he whispered soothingly, "Shh, it's okay, Danielle. The river will protect you. I wish I could have done more, but I couldn't, and for that, I am sorry. But know and remember, Mama and Daddy will always love you." He picked her up one last time, kissing her forehead. The cries ceased, and he earned himself a small smile with soft cooing noises from her before tucking her back into the basket. His eyes never left her as he saw her eyes slowly drifting closed. Taking a deep breath, he stepped closer to the riverbank and slowly placed the basket in the flowing water. Silently, he watched as the basket floated away and said his final farewell to his daughter, "Goodbye, Danielle Allison."

"Drift on a river. That flows through my arms. Drift as I'm singing to you. I see you smiling so peace and calm. And holding you, I'm smiling, too. Here in my arms safe from all harm. Holding you I'm smiling too."

As soon as Daniel turned away from the riverbank, he was confronted by Hades, yet his face remained emotionless. He was numb, unfazed by whatever fate awaited him.

"I wouldn't have done that if I were you, Danny boy," Hades said with a dry smirk, jerking the ex-stable boy by the white collar of his tunic. "What did you think you would accomplish by running away? Hmm? Did you really think it would be different this time?"

Daniel clenched his jaw and gritted his teeth, seething with rage over his so-called uncle's betrayal. "I was protecting my daughter!" he exclaimed.

Hades let out a devious chuckle, reveling in his nephew's weakness. "You really are pathetic, not to mention weak," he said with a hint of mockery in his voice. "It's no wonder Cora killed you so easily."

The son of Zeus gritted his teeth and summoned every ounce of strength he had left, unleashing a powerful punch that struck Hades' jaw with immense force.

The deity staggered backward from the force, a trickle of blood running down the corner of his lips. He wiped it away with a vicious smirk, letting out a menacing laugh. Hades' face contorted with malice as he raised his arm, using his dark magical force to suspend his nephew in the air, his legs dangling helplessly. After regaining his balance, Hades stood and stalked closer to his nephew's squirming form. He cackled gleefully as he watched his nephew squirm helplessly in his magical grasp. After a few moments, he finally released his grip, and Daniel fell to the ground, coughing and wheezing. Hades sneered, and with a smirk, he kicked Daniel hard in the gut, again and again, until he was satisfied with the bloody trickle that escaped from his weak nephew's lips.

Hades squatted down and grabbed his nephew by the collar of his blood-stained tunic, his sinister tone dripping with sarcasm. "You know I take my contracts very seriously," he hissed, his eyes boring into his nephew's. "So, despite this little stunt you pulled, you still kept your end of the bargain, and I shall keep mine. I own you... Your soul belongs to me... There's no escape from the Netherworld for you; you will suffer unrelenting torment for all eternity." He let out a devilish, mocking laugh and added, "Don't you just love having the God of the Underworld as your uncle?" Then he whispered in Daniel's ear, saying, "Oh, and don't forget, we have a legally binding contract, willingly signed and sealed by your Olympian blood, which not even your almighty father can break. I'm sure you can thank your mother for that little detail! Any last words?"

"So be it!"

Daniel was mentally checked out.

Saying goodbye to his precious infant daughter pained him more than any cruel and unending torment his uncle had prepared for him in the depths of the Netherworld. Holding her tightly in his arms for the briefest of moments, only to have to let her go the next, was the most unbearable pain he had ever felt; a pain that surpassed even having his heart ripped out of his chest and shattered into a million pieces. He could only imagine the pain that Regina must be going through. He had failed them both and accepted his penalty of death as his rightful fate.

"Oh, Azure," Hades said with a mocking chuckle, "return his soul to me, will you? And that tiny annoying creature? Well, she consumed the formula, so it will live out its life as a mortal, just like its stable boy of a father. Like father, like daughter."

Blue nodded mischievously and brandished the black fairy's wand over Daniel's battered form. With a loud thunderous boom, his soul was extracted from the remains and sent back to the Netherworld, as promised, to face his dire penalty. With a swift flick of her wrist, Daniel's body vanished and returned to the glass coffin in the young Queen's crypt, miraculously intact, as if nothing had happened, without a single trace of the damage that had been done to his form.

"Always a pleasure doing business with you, Azure," Hades said as he walked up to Blue, grabbed her hand, and kissed her knuckles.

"The pleasure was all mine," she said with a smirk. "Now if you'll excuse me, Leo and I have much catching up to do," she said as she transformed into her fairy form. "I wouldn't dare keep him waiting," she added with a mischievous grin, before taking off and soaring away into the night sky.

"She could have very well kept that to herself," before making a gagging expression and vanishing in a blaze of fiery blue smoke.

🧚

In the radiant night sky, the fairy flew,

Her wings of bright green were a wondrous view.

Along the river streams, she searched high and low,

For the stolen princess, in need of a hero.

The thunder roared in the night's embrace,

The waves crashed with might, a tempestuous chase.

Tinkerbell searched with all her might and main,

But the basket was nowhere, causing her strain.

The storm had stolen the precious one,

A baby girl whose journey had just begun.

Lost in the darkness, the basket did hide,

Fear filled Tinkerbell's heart, deep inside.

The fairy prayed to the Gods above,

Seeking guidance for her quest with love.

The Gods heard her plea in the still of the night,

And granted her a sign, shining so bright.

To find the demigoddess with an unknown prophecy,

For she, too, was part of their divine family.

At the river's end, a ship came into sight,

A somber sight after the storm's fierce fight.

The basket floated perilously near,

Towards looming danger, causing Tinkerbell fear.

The ship, battered and broken, stood forlorn,

Its masts and sails worn, hardship it had borne.

The basket drifted closer, a perilous plight,

Buffeted by wind and waves, an ominous fight.

With all her heart and might, Tinkerbell took flight,

Determined to save the princess from the plight.

Her courage remained unwavering and strong,

To rescue the baby from danger's cruel song.

Suddenly, a mermaid appeared,

Her hair a ruby sea, shimmering and revered.

Her emerald tail glimmered, casting a magical hue,

As she emerged from the depths, unknown and true.

She set her sights on the babe in the basket,

Determined to save her from danger, she could not mask it.

The mermaid smiled sweetly at the innocent child,

Her task complete, her heart tender and mild.

Yet, Tinkerbell sensed the mermaid's deep distress,

Torn between two paths, a decision to address.

To save the helpless man or stay near the precious baby,

A choice that left her torn, uncertain and wary.

Tinkerbell saw the love in the mermaid's gaze,

And understood what she must do in this maze.

Taking flight, she fluttered up to the mermaid,

Whispering gently, "I'll protect the baby, go and tend."

The little mermaid nodded, filled with adoration,

The baby cooed and smiled, sensing the dedication.

With a warm smile, the mermaid bid her farewell,

Setting off to save the man, her heart's swell.

In a realm where danger lurks, the apprentice fairy knew,

To protect the babe and the legacy that was true.

With gentle grace, she sprinkled pixie dust high,

Upon the canvas of the sky, painting hope that would never shy.

And so, Tinkerbell, with purpose and might,

Embraced her role, weaving through magic in the moonlight.

A guardian she became, to the child she'd maintain,

Ensuring their legacy forever safe, never to wane.

She flew the babe to Stablewood, home of the Children's Home of the Angels,

Where the late Queen Allison once ruled, her memory still dangles.

Tinkerbell cast a protective spell to keep the child contained.

The baby would soon be loved by a thief and a maid,

Who would cherish her deeply and never stray.

It seemed that fate had something special in store,

For the three-week-old baby Danielle Allison Mills, that's for sure.

TBC

I've had this idea in my head for the longest time, and I'm glad I was finally able to write it and bring it to life in this fic. I hope you enjoyed it. In the next chapter, we'll finally get to meet Dani as a kid and learn about her life growing up in the orphanage before Robin and Marian took her in. Stay tuned! 💕

This chapter was inspired by the following movies:
- Hercules
- The Prince of Egypt: "The River Lullaby" song
- The Little Mermaid

Oh yeah and I Met Lana a couple of weeks ago!!🤯 LOVE HER!!!!! ❤️❤️

Thank you for reading, Please Vote😊

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.2K 108 25
What if the curse in Hyperion Heights had to be solved in a different way? What if it were Regina and Robin who had to break the curse, and what if R...
5.2K 142 11
THIS FIC CONTAINS SPOILERS DO NOT READ IF YOU HAVE NOT SEEN ALL 4 SEASONS OF OUAT Set at the time Robin Hood leaves Regina and Storybrooke with Maria...
114K 5.3K 59
Daring, mysterious, smart, cunning, overly rich and most of all; breathtaking. Men in every realm wish to be with the Unseen Princess. Some seek fame...
22.2K 830 16
Hunted by a shadow-beast and stalked by a beautiful stranger, things are not going Regina's way. Girlxgirl endgame and a cast of characters you know...