Hear the Dance

By shieshiena30

What if Bada Lee has to teach a deaf girl how to dance? Bada Lee is contracted for private lessons one day an... More

Sypnosis
HTD# 1
HTD# 2
HTD#4
HTD#5
HTD#6
HTD#7
HTD#8
HTD#9
HTD#10
HTD#11
HTD#12
HTD#13
HTD#14
HTD#15
HTD#16
HTD# 17
Once upon a time...
HTD# 18
HTD# 19
HTD# 20

HTD# 3

928 43 4
By shieshiena30

*Receives a death threat my roommate to write and update already*

It's Sunday again! Here's chapter 3! you Lee Bada simps!

🌊🌊🌊

Its been 4 full days.

And for the past 4 days, Bada's phone has been vibrating once in a while. She keeps on receiving dance videos, some 'How are you doing?' or gentle reminders for her to rest and stay in shape.

Mauve Jung has taken over Bada's messaging app. To be honest it wasn't this bad at the beginning. In fact, Mauve was shy to even start a conversation with her cause Bada was her teacher but with one single text from Bada everything went haywire from then on.

I dare you to keep me updated. That way we'll start being friends.

Okay! For starters that rooted from the fact that Bada found out that Mauve has no friends nearby the city to hang out with her and show her dance practices to. In Mauve's own words she was basically a loner.

Bada was not sure what came to her, she just remembered being invested on the conversation and then without any second take she asks Mauve to feel comfortable with her, treat her as a friend rather than the scary teacher that she was on their first meeting.

We can be friends you know. I'd be glad if we were friends. Plus you can show me your progress during your self practices with me. I'm the best person for that. Don't you think?

Read, 30 minutes ago

It took 30 minutes for Mauve to even think of a reply to that. Her teacher! Her idol! Asking her to be friends with her is a dream come true! However, there is always a but...

Something was holding her down from even saying yes. So she said no to an offer of a lifetime. Bada on the other hand was persistent and now...

For the record Bada did not regret every single thing she said. She was genuine when she texted Mauve those words but she didn't realized the power of her own words not until now.

Looking at her phone's messaging app, she can't believe how long the conversation thread already is. They've only been connected for 4 days but the girl managed to fill their thread so much.

"Hey Bada! You're staring at you phone again~"

Kai, yes EXO's legendary main dancer Kai, called to her as she got preoccupied looking at her phone. Again. Kai can't even remember how many times he caught her choreographer/friend doing it. He has seen how Bada works first hand as his choreographer as well. She's usually really detached from her phone when their having their dance session. Specially on times when they're coming up with choreography for a comeback.

"Yes yes I'm with you!"

Bada answered and turned her phone into 'do not disturb' mode.

"Who were you talking at the phone anyway?"

"None of your silly little business Mr. Celebrity. Now! Let's do this!"

Kai only gave out a chuckle as his head shook with his friend's remarks. Later that same day Kai, Bada and together with some of their friends who are also dancers got together for dinner.

Their small group consisted of Bada, Kai, Howl, Heeso, Hyein, Tatter and Kasper. They were having fun catching up on what they've been up to recently, throwing some jokes while drinking and eating.

"Hmm... I've actually been considering to build a dance crew you know."

Bada said when their topic has been moving on to the legendary crew performances ever shown in TV.

"Oh! Omo! If Bada-nim would really be a clue I'd be the first to audition to become a member!"

Tatter said while laughing and the other's followed with some recommendations on who dancers Ada should look into.

"I actually know this kid, Kyma. She really has potential for breakdance. I saw her once and she surprised me! Totally check her out Bada!"

"Oh don't forget CheChe too! We saw her once right Bada? If you'd create a crew she'd be a good addition."

Bada got overwhelmed with her friends enthusiasm with her idea. She really loves how supportive they are with her. At that moment she really told herself that they are her people, her family. Gosh, even Kai was throwing some ideas for crew names. Despite the cringey recommendations she really feels thankful for it.

Everyone was filled with smiles and the air around them was good. Their endless conversations filled their own space in the restaurant and their laughter's was contagious for one another. While in the middle of all that a waiter came to the table. He appears to approach to be able clean their table.

Bada's attention was darted all to the tall good looking man a foot away from their table with a pleasant smile. He was handsome yes, but what really caught her attention was this big ID his wearing. It said: 'Hi my name is Jin Goo! I am Deaf! I am part of the crew of this restaurant and I am happy to serve you!'

"Hi Jin Goo!"

Hyein, one of their friends, waves to the guy with a smile.

"You know him?"

Tatter asks Hyein and she nods as an answer then added.

"Yes, my brother and I has been eating here for a long time now and we got to be friend Jin Goo here who is a deaf server."

The she darts her attention back to the said server whose now standing nearer. Hyein then signs signs something to him and everyone in their table was shocked to see their friend's hidden skills. They didn't said a word yet though because Jin Goo and Hyein were still "talking".

"Make way guys, Jin Goo wants to clean our table. He can't actually say excuse me so let's just keep off the table for a while."

So they all did and while Jin Goo cleans, they all started to ask their questions.

"You know how to sign? How?!"

It was Howl.

"Yeah my brother taught me. His actually close to Jin Goo since he studies in the same school-"

Hyein got caught off when Jin Goo was already finished cleaning the table. The two almost simultaneously places their hands to their chin and moves it away. Then Jin Goo flashed all of them in the table with his smile before leaving.

"- where was I?"

Hyein asks as she honestly forgot where she left off with the conversation.

"Jin Goo and your brother in the same school."

Said Kai, Hyein nods while she finishes her shot of soju before talking.

"Hmm yeah... So they go to the same school and got to be friends. So he knows how to sign. My brother was actually the one who also brought me here to support Jin Goo."

They all broke out into 'ahh' and collectively shares their opinions and fascinations for restaurants hiring deaf people like Jin Goo.

Bada then got lost to her thought who lead back to Mauve. People like her has been showing the world for the rest of the world's history that they can also live in this hearing world. Bada can't deny her amazement. For an industry that operates through communication Jin Goo, that kid is keeping up and people like Hyein are also adjusting to them and learning their language.

"Oh wait! We almost forgot the hottest topic for the week! Bada? How was your private dance class with your deaf client! What was her name?"

"It was Mauve."

"Ooh yes Mauve, I like her name by the way. So how was it?"

Tatter whose nosy as ever asks. Bada got pulled put of her thoughts from Mauve only to think of her again as the conversation darts to their fateful first lesson that happened last week. Bada didn't honestly know where to start. Its like talking about how it ended was disappointing and she didn't want to appear like she didn't want to do it.

"Well... Thanks to Tatter who demanded for a night out the night before, I went to their house with a hang over."

Bada told the truth. While Tatter raised her hands in surrender while the others all turned to her.

"Oohhh bad impression! Bad impression!"

"Wait Bada's teaching a deaf kid how to dance?"

"Yes, now hush and keep up."

"Well how did it go?"

Howl was the last to ask. His face full of anticipation. Quick flashback, he was there that day, Bada took that deal and to be honest Bada partly blames him for it. But anyway, Howl has been antsy about Bada's private lesson but did not even dared ask despite his dying curiosity.

"It was well... nice? I think? There was no bad impressions between us... I think. Anyway Mauve was a smiling energetic girl. I had a taste of the difficulty of teaching her but overall it was better than I first thought...? Yeah, it was better."

Howl has his eyebrows raised, doubt written all over his face. Bada tried to avoid his looks but everyone was staring at her the way the guy did. Even Kai who only knew about it now.

"You think? Seriously Bada?"

Howl pressed her on her unsure remarks. While Bada felt pressured, the rest of the gang is just there enjoying the little drama like the gossip girls and boys they are.

"Yeah well... Mauve was smiling the whole time. She looked excited for our first meeting. I may have went hard on her though but she didn't complained."

Bada said, trying to save herself from whatever this is right now.

"Aww a smiley determined baby. I want to see her."

"Yeah you should bring her to the studio sometimes."

Hyein said swooned at how she described Mauve while another member of their small group, Heeso, seconded with a suggestion. They all seem curious with Mauve. Well who isn't.

"But it's not like they can't dance right? Deaf people I mean. I've seen them perform doxologies before. So it's not impossible for them to learn how to dance. Bada just have to be a very patient teacher."

Kasper explained while his left hand angled on his chin rubbing it. The others agreed on him and so did Bada. She reminded herself, this is her chance to challenge her own self. Its harder than what she expected but then again maybe she'd learn more than she also expected.

When the next Friday came. Bada was more than prepared. Her mind was set and was her goals. This time she's not empty handed, kind of. The week was too quick and loaded with work she forgot to research again. But now she's got a more concrete lesson plan.

"Bada-nim. I'm thankful you came."

Bada batted her lashes, then unconsciously her brows narrowed as confusion glinted through her eyes and Mr. Jung was quick to take in on the non-verbal cues shown on her face and then tried to explain more but hesitated.

"Well, Mauve told me... nevermind. Come in."

The hesitation in his voice picqued Bada's attention. What did Mauve said? Has Bada done something that could've made them doubt her to come again?

"Thank you again Sir."

Bada thanks him as they reached the familiar door of the dance studio. Bada would've entered the room already if it wasn't for this feeling as if Mr. Jung still has something to say to her because of the way he still stayed on his place, mouth slightly opening, he seems a bit bothered

"Mr. Jung?"

She asks, Bada is trying to approach this hanging conversation.

"Yes."

"Is there something wrong sir?"

Mr. Jung hesitated. Bada could feel it. Its that feeling of not wanting to meddle on something and ruin it but you have this inkling to still do something. There was silence between them for a while. Then as if a switch snapped Mr. Jung just quickly blurted out the words he wanted to say.

"Mauve. She really wants to do this with you so take it easy on her."

Then he left. Bada was left to wonder all by herself. Has something happened with Mauve and her dad? Bada can only assume something happened for this sudden burst of concern from Mr. Jung. It bothered her but then decided to shrug it off. Today's going to be different, than the first time.

So Bada sharply inhaled, smiled to herself and opened the door.

Bada was welcomed with the cold air inside the mini studio. The room was well lit with the help of the light coming through the windows there by the ceiling. And the song 'Because of you' by Neo resounded through the whole room. It was loud that Bada can even feel the vibration through the floor.

She was surprised she didn't heard that through the door. Must've something to do with the situation earlier that's why she couldn't hear it.

And right by the mirror was Mauve. Today she donned a white crop top and purple jagger pants. She swayed her body and moved her arms to the familiar choreography Bada taught her last week.

Mauve has the talent to dance actually. She can remember series of movements and steps fast but of course she lacks the timing of executing them and there was a lack of groove there. She looks quite stiff and like a robot.

Mauve has been practicing the whole week. After her homeschool lessons she then locks herself inside the studio and practices. She played the song quite loudly for her to feel the vibrations rushing from the floor and to her body.

Luckily, the whole studio's soundproof from the door and the walls, heck maybe even the floors were soundproofed too. Her mom, tends to overdo things.

Least to say, she had the choreography already memorized from start to finish. They were pretty simple. She recognizes what's lacking though and she tries to correct them.

That's why she's been taking videos of herself and sending it to Bada to check. But sadly, she hasn't been able to respond that much these days. It kind of disappointed her? But she also knew Bada was a busy person so she can only wait.

Mauve has this bad habit of overthinking though. She really hated her thoughts of Bada hating her. Hating everything about their lessons and that she wouldn't want to come back again to teach her. She spent some days feeling frustrated about her own thoughts. Her dad saw it and motivated her and told her it was okay and Bada will be back to teach her. She fought them, she danced and pined for Bada's replies. Bada's short responses made her happy and reassured her that she'd be back.

And now it's Friday.

Mauve didn't immediately realized Bada's presence as she was too focused on the vibrations around her. Her eyes were closed as she danced in front of the mirror while doing the counting inside her head.

Then Mauve felt a tap on her shoulder. She thought it might be her father. She opens her eyes and turns to see Bada instead.

You know that feeling? That racing heartbeat, blood rushing to your face, that butterfly in your belly, the feeling you feel when your crush is around? Yeah well Mauve isn't feeling those things right now despite the close distance between herself and Bada. What she's feeling though is more than that.

Mauve can swear right now she's never been happier to see Bada than the first time they met. She's happy and relieved! She's back. The warmth in her heart filled her whole body. Knowing she's given another chance to learn and knowing that Bada isn't giving up on teaching her... it's better than the fleeting butterflies.

Mauve smiled at Bada and Bada smiled back at her. That sweet vanilla scent, the warmth of the sun that enveloped the room made this moment shine.

🌊🌊🌊

Chapter 3 is a wrap! Honestly... I had a hard time of writing this chapter. I wanted to write one thing and have another contradicting idea sooo I actually doubted myself if I could even publish chapter 3 this week. But here we are!

Thank you for reading Hear the Dance! See you next Sunday!

-Shiena

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.6K 174 10
Back in high school, Audrey was always competing with Bada. Bada often made fun of Audrey because of her weight, thinking no one would like her. But...
6.9K 379 20
After a fatal heartbreak, Shin Y/N becomes cold hearted. Her heart is shattered and her feelings are bland so she only looks for one thing in girls u...
7.7K 127 10
DISCONTINUED Bada Lee as your ex who coincidentally got invited to a show you are in Jin-Jaeri Kim as you Bada lee as herself "Only a Second Chance...
9.3K 406 6
Jisung is taking evening dance classes, but his nerves are getting the best of him, especially since his instructor (Minho) is ridiculously hot. His...