The Otherworlders Academy - A...

By paulapdx

Teenage Vampyrs, Enchanteds, and Shapeshifters join the Otherworlder Academy to train to fight off a demon ho... More

❇️ Character Art ❇️
Ep. 1.1 (R) - Sebastian & Farid
Ep. 1.2 (R) - Sir Geoffrey Sends the Boys Off
Ep. 1.3 (R) - Cameron, Inez, and Aidan
Ep. 1.4 (R) - Patrick, Ava, and Jake
Ep. 1.5 (R) - Welcome to the Academy: This is Why You're Here
Ep. 1.6 (R) - Fiona & Farid
Ep. 1.7 (R) - Show Me What You've Got - End Episode 1
Ep. 2.1 (R) - You're Gonna Have to Work for It
Ep. 2.2 (R) - Secrets, Secrets, and More Secrets
Ep. 2.3 (R) - Secrets Never Stay Buried
Ep. 2.4 (R) - Like Oil and Water
Ep. 2.5 (R) - Will They or Won't They?
Ep. 2.6 (R) - Ava & Farid Have a Chat
Ep. 2.7 (R) - Into the Field. Into the Forest. Into the Fire.
Ep. 2.8 (R) - Well, That Was a Bust!
Ep. 2.9 (R) - It's Not As Bad As It Looks
Ep. 2.10 (R) - So... What Are You Getting At?
Ep. 2.11 (R) - This One's On Us
Ep. 2.12 (R) - Oy! - End Episode 2 / End of SEASON 1
Ep. 3.1 (R) - Mission... Sort of, Impossible / Start SEASON 2
Ep. 3.2 (R) - Cain and Abel
Ep. 3.3 (R) - Ride or Die
Ep. 3.4 (R) - You're Not The Boss of Me
Ep. 3.5 (R) - We're Just Hangin'
Ep. 3.6 (R) - Who Let The Gryphon Out?
Ep. 3.7 (R) - You Want Me to Wear What?!
Ep. 3.8 (R) - So, What's in This Again?
Ep. 3.9 (R) - Did You Hear That?
Ep. 3.10 (R) - Yes 'Cause I Be Trippin'
Ep. 3.11 (R) - A Cross-Cultural Exchange
Ep. 3.12 (R) - Hmm... Something's Up...
Ep. 3.13 (R) - That's Just Bonkers!
Ep. 3.14 (R) - So, What You're Saying Is...
Ep. 3.15 (R) - Tension & Triangles
Ep. 3. 16 (R) - Can I Tell You Something?
Ep. 3. 17 (R) - Where Did He Go?
Ep. 3. 18 (R) - Are You Impressed Yet?
Ep. 3. 19 (R) - Just a Little Taste
Ep. 3.20 (R) - Sorry, My Hands Are Tied
Ep. 3.21 (R) - Can You Give Me a Hand?
Ep. 3.22 (R) - This Is Not The End - End of Episode 3
S2-Ep. 4.1 (R) - It's Good to Be Back
S2-Ep. 4.2 (R) - How YOU Doin'?
S2-Ep. 4.3 (R) - Squeeee!!!
S2-Ep. 4.5 (R) - Have I Got a Project for You!
S2-Ep. 4.6 (R) - Going Home
S2-Ep. 4.7 (R) - Resistance is Futile
S2-Ep. 4.8 (R) - But, I Love Him
S2-Ep. 4.9 (R) - What on Earth Will I Wear?
S2-Ep. 4.10 (R) - Bigotry Abounds
S2-Ep. 4. 11 (R) - An Advdnture Awaits
S2-Ep. 4.12 (R) - The Obstacles in Our Path
S2-Ep. 4.13 (R) - The Charm Offensive
S2-Ep. 4.14 (R) - You Want Me to Go Where?
S2-Ep. 4.15 (R) - There's Always a Way
S2-Ep. 4.16 (R) - Beauty and the Beast
S2-Ep. 4.17 (R) - The Debrief
S2-Ep. 4.18 (R) - Aw, Man! - End Episode 4 / End of SEASON 3
S2-Ep. 5.1 (R) - What's the Plan? - Start SEASON 3
S2-Ep. 5.2 (R) - Surprise!
S2-Ep. 5.3 (R) - You Don't Say?
S2-Ep. 5.4 (R) - What'cha Doin'?
S2-Ep. 5.5 (R) - So What You're Saying Is...
S2-Ep. 5.6 (R) - Home, Sweet Home
S2-Ep. 5.7 (R) - Welcome to My Lair
S2-Ep. 5.8 (R) - Are You Serious?
S2-Ep. 5.9 (R) - This Is How We Do It
S2-Ep. 5.10 (R) - Do I, or Don't I?
S2-Ep. 5.11 (R) - A Damsel in Distress
S2-Ep. 5-12 (R) - The Plan's Afoot
S2-Ep. 5.13 (R) - Someone Get the Clown Car!
S2-Ep. 5.14 (R) - I swear to the gods!
S2-Ep. 5.15 (R) - Know Your Limits
S2-Ep. 5.16 (R) - Plan B... Sort of...
S2-Ep. 5.17 (R) - And So It Begins
S2-Ep. 5.18 (R) - To Tell You The Truth

S2-Ep. 4.4 (R) - The Adventure Begins!

157 20 21
By paulapdx

A/N - Just a reminder that I'll be experimenting with posting twice a week - Wednesday & Saturdays by 2:00 pm Pacific time (except for today).

Each chapter will be a bit shorter than past chapters, but for the week, you'll get the same or possibly more story per week.

Let me know what you think and how it affects your reading and commenting habits. So far, the chapters are splitting up nicely. 😄

@justcuriousrey @CreatureTamer @SunsetEverafter @GhOsT994246 @gcginc3 @3ntorely @Abagail- @buddy227 - As long-time readers who read along as I post with awesome insights and often (cough, cough) strong opinions, definitely let me know what y'all think in a week or two. I'll post a question to check in!

**********

Previously on "The Otherworlders" - In Headmaster Pierce's office, Ava arrives early and begins a conversation with Headmaster Pierce. Initially attempting light conversation, Pierce inadvertently triggers Ava's outpouring of frustration over her family dynamics and her mother's gender-biased expectations of her, despite her being the "Chosen One." Drawing from his daughter, Ella's, experience, Headmaster Pierce empathizes and offers his support.

The discussion is interrupted by Fiona and Inez's arrival. Headmaster Pierce hands out favored old-fashioned manilla mission folders and explains that the mission is to attend the Enchanted Chancellor's Ball, leading to Inez's excitement and Fiona's suspicion of receiving a "lesser" mission because they're women. Pierce clarifies that this mission will be aa challange, no matter what they might think.

**********

"Wonderful," Headmaster Pierce begins, "Now, if you'll open your folders we can--"

Fiona shakes her head and laughs. "You know, Headmaster, there is this little thing called email..."

Headmaster Pierce sighs, "Why does everyone want to drag me into the 21st century?" He chuckles. "I simply like the feel of paper. I'm a traditionalist. What can I say?"

"Yeah, tell that to the trees." Fiona murmurs under her breath.

Headmaster Pierce gives her a playfully chastising look, and Fiona shrugs, feigning innocence.

"Can we please focus on the briefing now?" he implores.

In response to nods from all three girls, Headmaster Pierce continues. "So, as far as we know, the tablet fragment you'll be looking for is being housed, out of sight, somewhere within the Chancellor's residence. I've included copies of the building's blueprints in your packets."

The girls leaf through the various documents. Ava pulls out a copy of a blueprint and pours over it. "Headmaster, this is a lot of ground to cover in just one night."

Headmaster Pierce leans back in his chair and taps his fingers together. "Yes, and I do have concerns," He says. "I'll be honest. It won't be easy, locating the artifact in a residence that large, but this ball is our best shot. Based on past events, we know there'll be guards everywhere, but the majority of them will be guarding the attendees. That means there'll be fewer guards roaming the halls or covering other parts of the building, which should give you a tactical advantage. Inez..." he looks at her, "...I believe your talents as a Seer will come in particularly handy on this job."

Inez smiles. "I'm at your service, sir!"

"Excellent!" Headmaster Pierce says with a nod.

Fiona taps her chin as she ponders. "If time really is of the essence, sir," she says, "perhaps Ava and Inez could focus on gathering intelligence from the party, while I enter the building through a different location and focus on reconnaissance and, you know, just skip the party all together."

Fiona gives Headmaster Pierce a hopeful look while Inez and Ava give her a side-long glance as if she'd just abandoned them before the job had even begun.

"Fiona?" Headmaster Pierce tilts his head as he levels his gaze at her. "Does the idea of mingling with important people at a fancy party not excite you?" he asks.

In all seriousness, Fiona replies, "I would rather shove bamboo shoots under my fingernails."

Headmaster Pierce suppresses a chuckle. "Well," he says, "since that's a particularly painful form of torture, if I were you, I'd opt for the party." He arches a brow. "Now, why don't we focus on some of the specifics, shall we?" He shuffles his papers looking for the notes he wants to focus on first. "We need to discuss Enchanted party protocol."

Fiona sinks into her chair with a low groan. This is so not the kind of mission she'd signed up for.

***

After the briefing, the girls pour out of the Headmaster's office. Patrick is hanging outside, in the hallway, leaning against a pillar, just out of sight. As the girls pass, he leans in and whispers...

"Ava!"

Ava turns to see Patrick motioning for her to come over. "Hey!" she replies. "What's up?"

"Did you get your mission assignment yet?" he asks.

"Um, yeah. We just finished up," Ava says.

"Where are you headed?" Patrick keeps probing.

Ava gives him a quizzical look. "We're going to the capital of the Enchanted province."

Patrick continues to interrogate her. "And when do you leave?"

"Patrick?" Ava tilts her head and her eyes narrow. "What's going on? What's this all about?"

"Ava," Patrick replies, trying his best to hide his anxiety. "This is really important. When are you leaving and how are you getting there?"

"We're... uh, we're leaving later today, and we're taking the train," Ava stutters. "Patrick. You're scaring me. Seriously, what's going--"

"Ava! I'll tell you about it later, okay?" Patrick starts to back away. "I promise. But right now, I gotta go!"

***

Jake is in his room, lying back on his bed, reading Harry Potter when there's a knock at the door.

"Come in," he calls out.

He tears his gaze away from the page and looks up to see Patrick standing in his doorway. He sits up and sets the book aside. "Hey, man. What's goin' on?"

Patrick steps inside and closes the door behind him. "I really need your help," he says.

Seeing the look on Patrick's face, Jake's smile morphs into a look of concern. "Sure, what's up?"

Patrick pulls out a desk chair, swings it around backwards and sits, facing Jake. He rubs his palms on the thighs of his jeans and stills his anxiously tapping leg. Inhaling deeply, Patrick meets his friend's gaze. "I saw him," he says, his voice shaky. "I saw Stephen... on this last mission. I saw him and I..." his voice hitches and he clears his throat, trying to regain a measure of control. "And I spoke to him," he finishes, "I actually spoke to him, Jake."

Knowing what this means to Patrick, Jake slides to the edge of the bed. He leans in and rests his elbows on his knees. Eyes crinkling with concern, he quietly asks, "And how was he?"

"Physically? Okay, I guess." Patrick replies, then he shakes his head. "But he's gotten himself mixed up with The Resistance, and I... I just don't..." He looks away, at a loss for words.

Jake straightens. This is bad...this is really, really bad. "So, what do you want to do?" he asks.

Patrick rakes a hand through his spiky, black hair. "The guys and I, we had to get out of there really fast before I could talk to Stephen at any length, so I don't know where he's staying or how to contact him or--" He looks at Jake and lets out a heavy breath. "I don't think I have a choice, Jake. I have to go visit his mom. She's the only one who might know where he is."

Jake holds up both hands, calling a timeout. "Whoa, whoa, whoa. You're gonna go all the way back to the compound? Today?" His head shakes with disapproval. "No. Patrick, no. That's crazy! Why don't you just call Stephen's mom, or I don't know, text her?"

"Because," Patrick implores, "they don't have a landline, and I don't have his mother's cell phone number! Plus, I can't let anyone else in the tribe know that I'm coming. I mean as much as that woman hates me for getting Stephen Cast Out, I think maybe if I can talk to her, face-to-face, she'll let me know where Stephen is, if she knows."

Jake nods. "All right, then. What do you want me to do?"

"I need to get my hands on the Prius," Patrick says. "I know Headmaster Pierce keeps the keys in his office, and I know that the girls are taking the train, so the car is free."

"Okay, but Patrick..."Jake responds warily.

Patrick holds up his hands to stave off any objections or counter-arguments. "I've checked," he says quickly. "Pierce isn't in his office right now. So, what I need you to do is keep an eye out and help distract him in case he returns while I'm in there looking for the car keys."

Jake lets out a breath. "Sure, no problem," he says, reluctantly.

"Thank you." Patrick stands, shoving the chair back underneath the desk.

Jake stands too. "Look, I think you're crazy to try and go back to the compound and reason with Stephen's mom, but whatever you want to do, I got your back, okay?"

"Thanks, man," Patrick replies.

They fist bump each other, and while Jake slips on his shoes, Patrick heads for the door.

Hand on the doorknob, he looks at Jake over his shoulder and says, "Oh, yeah. One more thing. Pierce's door is locked, so we're gonna need some help. And there's only one person for this job."

***

Patrick and Jake stand outside of Aidan's room. Patrick knocks on the door. When Aidan opens it up, he's standing there in a washed-out Star Wars t-shirt and green and blue, plaid pajama bottoms. He's got an Xbox controller in one hand, a grape-flavored juice box in the other.

At the site of Aidan, Patrick arches a brow. Aidan sips on his grape juice and looks between Jake and Patrick innocently, "What?"

Patrick's eyes narrow.

"What are you doing?"

Aidan smiles, "It's game day! Halo in the morning, Final Fantasy XXXIV in the afternoon and Assassin's Creed: Space Lizards sometime around midnight!"

"Okay," Patrick shakes his head, "your idea of game day and my idea of game day are very different."

Aidan stops, mid-sip.

"Wait...what are you guys doing here? Panic suddenly sets in. Oh, gods! I'm not late for training am I? I thought it was our day off? Did I get the day wrong?!"

Aidan makes a move to put away his gaming gear, but Patrick holds up his hands.

"Chill, dude, chill," he encourages. "It is our day off."

Aidan breathes a sigh of relief, "Oh, thank the stars!"

"Look," Patrick continues, "Jake and I have a little side project going on and we need your help."

Aidan's eyes widen with interest. "Oooh... extracurriculars! That sounds like fun!" He sips the last of his grape juice, then suddenly looks up at Patrick and Jake. "Wait! Is what we're doing dangerous?"

"Nah..." Jake shakes his head.

"Not at all!" Patrick waves Aidan's concern away.

"Okay, cool." Aidan nods. Then he pauses. "Is it likely to get us kicked out of school?"

Jake and Patrick shake their heads simultaneously.

"Nope," Jake mutters.

"Don't think so!" Patrick says with faux confidence.

"Good. Good." Aidan continues to nod. Then his eyes narrow. "Will it get us in trouble?

Patrick and Jake look at each other. "Um... Well... You see... Hmm..." they mumble.

After a beat, Aidan crushes his juice box, shrugs, andsays, "Ah! Who cares! I'm in!"

**********

A/N - Okay, well, there you are! Our very first Wednesday episode (well, episode part)! 🎉

THE PLAN IS TO POST EVERY WED. & SAT. going forward. And while, I can't promise it'll stay that way, I really like the cadence of posting twice a week and I'm already ahead! (Knock on wood it stays that way!)

Plus, not that I want my numbers to be skewed, but if you don't have time to read the Weds. chapter, you can always read Weds. & Sat.'s over the weekend. It shouldn't be much more reading than normal.

Anyway! See you all on Saturday!!

~ Paula ❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.5K 919 11
Opposites Attract -Percy Jackson AU love story/fanfiction- There's another book but it's a different ship you don't have to read it. Percy Theseus J...
42K 420 19
This is a Percy Jackson/ Heroes of Olympus and Keeper of the Lost Cities crossover. All of the Seven are dead except for Percy, and Percy is super OP...
3.4K 128 11
DISCLAIMER: this book is discontinued!! " So I have to go all the way to some fancy boarding school in England to protect a wizard? " " He's your bro...
3.9K 120 23
HeavenGlade Serena Are Famousness Peoples both in Muggle and Wizarding world. They are the most's important Royal Pureblood's to ever Lived in the b...