Partners in Crime [Bbangsaz]

By Amariaaw

Hanni, a warm-hearted sniper with deadly accurate aim. Her path crosses with Minji and soon both their lives... More

For The Reader!
Third Verse
You Stole My Kill
I'm Not Interested In Her
She's With Me
Bodyguard Marsh
We Had A Deal
It's Never Going To Work
Change Of Plans
A Mistake
Her Name
Lies And Broken Promises
Bad Weather
Parted Ways
Storm On The Rise
Broken Trust
The First Rays Of The Sun
Mess Of Events
Cat In Disguise

Miss Park's Request

832 58 9
By Amariaaw

Lisa put a huge paper roll on the table and unrolled it. They had gathered in a small room that seemed like an office, though an unprofessional one. There was a long table in the middle, a few chairs around it and in front of the windows, there was a long, white work desk with a laptop and a tablet on it. A sofa and a green plant were laying in the right corner of the room.

Hanni took a step closer to look at the blue paper.

"This is the floorplan of the building," Lisa crossed her arms and glared down at the Vietnamese who was now observing the print.

Hanni's eyes scanned the white lines until they stopped at the huge white title, 'GL electronics HQ floorplan'.

She looked up, shocked.

"This? Our target works for this company?"

Lisa scoffed, "So Minji didn't tell you? Your target is the chairman of GL electronics."

Hanni fell silent. A cold sweat started appearing on her forehead as she began to understand why Minji had asked for her help. GL electronics... she bit her lip, nervously. She had heard rumors of the untouchable company.

Didn't they say that the chairman is like a ghost? How do we eliminate someone who's not even there?

Lisa noticed the doubtful expression on Hanni's face. She narrowed her eyes, "You aren't backing off now, are you?"

Hanni flinched as she noticed how the brunette stepped closer. She had to raise her head to look into the scary, brown eyes, that were glowing threateningly.

"Minji is a fool for trusting you. But I assure you, if I even for a second doubt, that you're not on our side, I won't hesitate to-"

Her words were left in the air as the door opened.

Minji walked into the room. She furrowed her brows when she saw the two women standing close, staring into each others' eyes.

"What's going on?" She walked closer and gave Lisa an angry glare. "Hey," she pushed the brunette further from Hanni, "I told you to be nice to her!"

Lisa stumbled a few steps back and turned her eyes away from the Vietnamese. She faced Minji who was now standing between her and Hanni.

Immediately, Lisa stiffened, her face filled with anger. "I don't trust her and neither should you," she hissed, making sure that Hanni would hear it.

"You like her or not, we're a team now so you better get used to it," Minji snapped, irritated by the unnecessary fuss her friend was causing.

But instead of backing off, Lisa didn't move and for a moment, the women stared at each other silently.

"We talked about this," Minji spoke in a low voice, making sure that the Vietnamese behind her didn't hear the words this time. She waited for a reply, but Lisa stayed silent, glaring at Minji with a very displeased look on her face.

Hanni barely dared to breathe. The ice was paper thin, and at any moment, it could break and shatter into a million pieces.

The silence was almost unbearable.

After what felt like forever, the brunette finally backed off, giving Hanni one last disapproving look before turning around and walking to the work desk in front of the windows.

Minji sighed and ran fingers through her hair. Couldn't this get any worse? She then turned to the table in the middle, ignoring Hanni completely. "Alright, we better get started. The mission will take place next week and we got a lot to do."

Hanni was still standing in the same place, stunned. She tried to bury the uncomfortable feeling growing inside her. The situation had calmed down, but for how long would that last?

Carefully, her eyes followed the brunette who returned to the table, holding a tablet in her hands. Hanni averted her gaze. It was pretty clear that Lisa did not want her on the team. How could it all work if they didn't even trust each other?

Hanni's thoughts were interrupted as Lisa started talking.

"I've found a solution to our first problem. GL electronics is going to have an annual checkup where both the chairman and the CEO are present, and as it happens, this year, it'll take place at the end of this month, so in about two weeks. However," she put the tablet on the table, next to the blue print, "we do have a problem."

Hanni furrowed her brows.

"For security reasons, the chairman uses the back door of the building," Lisa rotated the print around and tapped a corner, that had a several white lines drawn on it, "which is almost like a tunnel. They park their cars here," she pointed at the start of the tunnel, "and come out the same way. There's no way to cut in between that, so even if we tried, assassination from far isn't an option."

Hanni's face darkened. If they couldn't use snipers, why was she needed in the first place?

"So what's the plan?" She asked, looking at Minji expectantly.

Minji rubbed her chin, looking puzzled. "If we can't assassinate him from far, we have to sneak into the building."

Sneak into the headquarters of GL electronics? Hanni crossed her arms, "So in other words, you don't have a plan?"

Lisa held back her laughter, loudly. A sharp glare from Minji silenced her.

"I've been too busy chasing after you that I haven't had the time for a proper plan yet," the tall woman said, dryly, before leaning her hands on the table and looking over the print.

Hanni wanted to roll her eyes, but instead she followed Minji's look and observed the floorplan.

Suddenly an idea popped up.

"How many entrances are there to the building?" She raised her look to Lisa, who was standing on the other side of the tabel.

"Two, as far as I know. The main entrance and then the secret back entrance."

"And are there other buildings around the headquarters?"

Lisa raised one of her brows and picked up her tablet from the table. With a few quick taps, she opened a map and turned the screen to Hanni. "There's a hotel directly opposite of the headquarters."

"How long is the distance?"

"About 50 meters."

"And judging by the floorplan, the main entrance leads right out to the main street," Hanni rotated the blue print a little.

Lisa looked at the tablet's screen again, "...you're right," she lowered the tablet, "Where are you getting with this?"

Minji looked at the two women, who were both focused on the mission. It was hard to believe that just a moment ago Lisa was ready to tear Hanni apart and throw her out of the house. But now both of them seemed to have forgotten all about it and they worked together like a real team.

Minji was especially surprised by Hanni's contribution. At first, she had been scared that the Vietnamese would not take the mission seriously because the conditions had been rather weird for both of them. But now the woman was standing there, looking focused as her soft fingers traced the blue paper on the table, her brown, deep eyes switching between the floorplan and her new teammate.

A shiver ran through Minji's body as she observed the smooth movements of the Vietnamese. Hanni had changed her outfit from the morning and she was now wearing a stylish, black turtleneck shirt and dark blue jeans. Her hair was open and it settled perfectly around her cute, round face. Not to mention the light but clean makeup that really did the finishing touch.

"What do you think, Minji?"

Perhaps the Vietnamese wasn't as annoying as she had thought at first. They had many differences and a rather weird history, but maybe working with Hanni wasn't that bad. Maybe the mission could actually be a succ-

"Minji?"

Suddenly Minji felt a poke on her forehead.

"YahH!!" She flinced, startled.

"Focus!" Lisa snorted.

"I am focused!"

"Yeah you are, ON THE WRONG THING!" She snapped, and returned to her place.

"What?" Minji asked, confused.

"I was just asking if you're okay with the plan? Is everything clear about it?" Hanni joined the conversation.

Minji blinked her eyes. The plan? She had completely missed it as she had been focused on her thoughts. Damn it... "Uh.. I didn't fully understand. Could you go over it again?" She muttered and noticed as Lisa rolled her eyes.

Gosh this is embarrassing, Minji mentally slapped herself.

Hanni gave her a strange look, before turning to the table again. "The chairman is said to use only the back entrance, but if an explosion were to happen here," she pointed at the aisle that led to the back entrance, "they have no choice but to use the main one. We can set our camp on the opposite side of the street and assassinate him from far and escape the scene safely."

Minji nodded, slowly, as she pictured the idea. It wasn't a bad idea at all. "That could work," she tried to sound doubtful, but deep down, she knew it was a way better option than what she had originally had.

"The only problem is that we need something explosive and the snipers..." Hanni's voice trailed off.

"Leave it to me."

Hanni raised her head, surprised and faced Lisa's approving look. The hostility was nowhere to be seen anymore. Speechless, Hanni could only nod her head.

"It is settled then," Minji smiled and turned to Hanni, "We will leave for Gangneung at the beginning of next week and before that, I want to meet up with you for practise sessions."

"Practise? But I-"

Everyone's head turned as a phone ringed in the room. A bit embarrassed, Hanni pulled her work phone from her pocket and looked at the screen.

"E-excuse me, I have to take this," she bowed a little, before exiting the room in a rush.

Minji and Lisa glanced at each other, silently.

Hanni walked to the lobby to make sure her call wasn't heard. Then she wiped the green button.

"Yes?"

"Miss Pham, why is it so hard to reach to you nowadays?" It was the voice of Miss Park's personal assistant, Miss Jennie Kim. "You don't reply to emails or messages, it's been two hours already."

The woman's voice was calm, but clearly a bit frustrated. Hanni's eyes widened, she hadn't even checked her phone because she was so invested in the mission planning. But still, how could she have put this plan over her work?

"I am sorry, Miss Kim," she quickly apologized, even though she knew a few words wouldn't make up for it.

"Your presence is requested at the headquarters, at once. Please make it quick as you're already a few hours late."

"Right away, Miss," Hanni replied, before she heard a short peep. The call had ended. She lowered the phone and glanced back at the living room. Why was she called to the headquarters? Did this mean Miss Park was finally ready to meet up with her and hear her side of the story?

A spark of hope rose inside her.

Hanni was well aware that the CEO had not accepted her meeting request ever since she had came back from Spain. But since her work phone had been returned, untouched, and she was back in the game, maybe Miss Park had changed her mind.

Finally, Hanni could explain herself.

The Vietnamese turned in a rush and dashed into the office room where Minji and Lisa were still standing around the table. Hanni bowed a little, "I'm sorry, I must go now. It's uh.. work thing," she averted her gaze a little but she didn't miss the unsure glance that Minji and Lisa shared.

"I understand," Minji stepped forward, "I'll pick you up tomorrow morning, we better start preparing when we still have time."

Hanni nodded, she had nothing planned for tomorrow and it's not like she was currently busy with a mission.

"Oh and one last thing."

Hanni held her steps at the door. She glanced back and saw Minji holding a phone with a smirk on her face.

"How about the number now?"

***

The lobby of the KSA headquarters was like the lobby of any ordinary company: There was a reception desk, gate ways to the elevators and a little cafeteria. No one could tell that one of the most influential agencies hid within these walls.

Hanni was standing at the lobby on the first floor. The taxi had driven her downtown and she had walked, or more like ran, to the headquarters. Still, the trip had taken her about 40 minutes. She knew that she was already late, and the fact that she had not been given any further instructions than to arrive at the HQ didn't really help the situation. She had no idea where she was supposed to go. To Miss Park's office on the top floor?

There was the sound of high heels, which made Hanni turn her head. A relief washed over her as her eyes met Miss Kim's. The sweet secretary approached Hanni with a professional smile on her face. Quickly, Hanni bowed her head.

"It's good to see you again, Hanni, it's been a while," the woman greeted her.

"Miss Kim," Hanni nodded, "I hope you're healthy."

"Hm," Jisoo hummed, amused. She then pointed to the elevators, "Please, this way."

Hanni started following the secretary. The petite woman swiped her card at the gates and lead Hanni to the elevators. They stepped in and Hanni noticed how Miss Kim pressed the top floor button.

A mix of nervousness and relief filled Hanni as she stood in the elevator.

"How is your knee, dear? Did you listen to my advice?" Miss Kim turned to her.

"Quite well, Miss. Thank you for your kindness," Hanni bowed her head again. "I am very grateful for the chance Miss Park is giving me."

But to her surprise, Miss Kim only gave her a blank look and raised eyebrows.

Soon the elevator doors opened and the women stepped into the long aisle. At the end of the long aisle, Hanni could see the doors to the waiting room of Miss Park's office. But instead of walking straight forward, Miss Kim turned to the left and started leading Hanni to the other direction.

Hanni furrowed her brows when Miss Kim opened the door to a meeting room and stepped in. Confused, Hanni entered the dimly lit room after the secretary and the door closed behind them.

The meeting room wasn't huge but it had a long, white table in the middle and about ten chairs around it. On the other side, there was a big white screen and a smaller desk with a laptop on it. The windows were covered with curtains, so that barely any light could get in.

Hanni's attention was drawn to the right where Miss Kim was heading.

"Please, take a seat," she gestured at the table.

Quietly, Hanni pulled a chair and sat on it, turning her head to the white screen that was now reflecting the laptop's screen. Miss Kim had walked behind the small desk and started typing on the keyboard.

"Due to Miss Park's request," Miss Kim spoke, eyes locked in the laptop screen, "I am here to present you your next mission."

Mission?

Hanni's blood ran cold. What did she mean by 'mission'? She thought she wouldn't be getting any before Miss Park had approved her again. But on top of that, she had not agreed on taking any mission.

"But Miss Kim, I-" Hanni tried to rise up from the chair, but the secretary's cold glance made her freeze on her seat.

"Sadly, I was given strict orders. You will take this mission, no questions asked."

The words got stuck in Hanni's throat, and she could only avert her gaze, "I understand..."

This must be because of her recent failure.

"Your target this time is a man who is known for many crimes, but especially his recent activities have caught our attention."

A picture of a young looking man popped up on the white screen. Hanni glanced at the name.

"Chin-Hwa Yun," Miss Kim continued, "He has a background in selling drugs and other illegal products. According to our sources, he and his team are going to meet up with a group of terrorists for an unknown trade, that is suspected to be far more dangerous than mere drugs. Your mission is to eliminate him and his team and prevent this trade from happening."

Hanni furrowed her brows. The whole team?

"We believe that his and his team's death will chase away the terrorists and calm the situation. However," Miss Kim raised her look from the laptop, "this mission is too risky to do as a solo."

A cold shiver ran through Hanni's body as she guessed the next words.

"We've prepared a team for you, or rather, a partner. She's one of KSA's most trusted and skilled snipers."

Hanni stood up hurriedly from the chair. There could only be one reason why she was assigned to work with someone. "M-miss!" She began, shocked, "I couldn't possibly-!" she held her words.

There was a knock on the door.

Miss Kim ignored Hanni's protest and glanced at the door. "Ah, wonderful, she's already here. Please, come in."

Hanni swung around as the door opened. Not long after, a tall woman in a worksuit walked in, carrying a black suitcase in her hands.

Hanni was dumbfounded as she watched how Hyein stepped into the room and quickly bowed 90 decrees to the secretary. "Miss Kim," she then turned to Hanni and nodded briefly.

"I believe you've already met Miss Lee," Miss Kim smiled as she talked to Hanni, "she'll be in charge of the mission and from now on you'll take orders from her."

Hanni had a hard time processing what was happening around her.

"Now then, I must hurry to a meeting. Miss Lee will give you further information and I suggest you start planning the mission right away," the secretary closed the laptop and picked it up, heading to the door. But before she exited the room, she stopped at Hanni and gave her a brief look, "Good luck," she walked out of the room.

"Thank you Miss," Hyein bowed, until the door of the meeting room shut.

Hanni turned to Hyein, "I can't believe they gave me a babysitter!!" She was upset. She knew she had messed up but she would never betray the company. But clearly they didn't think the same.

"It's pretty much your own fault," Hyein replied coldly. The tall woman then walked closer and placed the fancy suitcase on the table and opened it.

"How long have you known?" Hanni watched as Hyein pulled out a laptop.

"A few days. I was going to pick you up this morning and tell you, but you weren't home. Speaking of which," Hyein suddenly dropped the laptop and turned her body to face Hanni, "where were you?" She crossed her arms.

Hanni opened her mouth, "I... I had to run some errands."

"Oh really? With who?"

Hyein's gaze was piercing through Hanni, making the woman feel small under the cold eyes. Did Hyein know? What should she say? "I was by myself," Hanni lied.

Damn it! The lie had came out fast and she hadn't thought it through. But it was too late now.

For a second, there was something different on Hyein's face, but it disappeared as fast as it had appeared.

Hanni held her breath. Had the lie been too obvious? But Hyein didn't seem to question it, she only turned back to the table.

"I see."

A bit hesitantly, Hanni turned to the table too and glanced at the laptop screen. "When will this mission take place?" She asked.

"At the end of this week so we have the whole week time to prepare," Hyein typed on the laptop and opened a few files.

Oh great. Minji's mission is happening next week so we'll get this out of the way before that, Hanni thought to herself.

"In any case," Hyein spoke, " I don't really trust your sniping skills right now."

"What?" Hanni hissed.

"Well, can you blame me? I've already booked the company's shooting gallery for the next four evenings. On the other days, we'll go through the plan in details so we are ready once the time comes."

Hanni could only stare at her friend as the realization struck her. She already had agreed to practice with Minji but now she also had to catch up with Hyein? Could she really pull up two missions at the same time and hide it from the company?

She bit her lip as an uncomfortable feeling crept up on her back.

Just what have I got myself into...?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.6K 281 9
"All fun and games until you hurt someone you realize you deeply care about." This is mainly a Daerin short-story, with a little Bbangsaz.
5.4K 408 14
Angst After Hanni and Minji spend a night together, Hanni is left to deal with the fall out, and a life-altering event, all alone as Minji changes he...
4.6K 234 5
Hanni and Minji meet at an anonymous sex club where they can get away from everyday life and explore their sexual desires. They've been seeing each o...
96.6K 5.2K 39
A Daerin AU A typical high school drama that mainly focuses around two individuals who are polar opposites and find themselves unexpectedly drawn to...