snake in the lions den|| WTM

By KoolInsomniac

Ada Potter was struggling to get through her fifth year, the trauma of the past events catching up to her, be... More

intro
cast
prologue
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
act two
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
act three
twenty
Twenty-one
twenty-two
twenty-three
twenty-four
twenty-five
twenty-six
twenty-seven
twenty-nine

twenty-eight

4.3K 222 33
By KoolInsomniac

Ada approaches a statue of a hump-backed, one-eyed witch. The brunette traces her finger along the tattered surface to an ink figure  labeled "Ada Potter." A tiny speech bubble appears: "Dissendium." 

"Dissendium?" She whispers with an unsure tone when she suddenly heard a click. The witch's eye opens and the statue pivots, revealing a dark opening in the floor. As Ada crouches, squinting, a cool draft of air ruffles her hair.

 A tiny light bobs in the distance, fracturing the darkness, then Ada appears, the tip of his wand glowing, map in hand. "Ada Potter" glides a cross the parchment. She stops, cranes her neck looking at the stone steps. Taping the map Ada mutters "Mischief managed."

"Oh pup I'm so proud, the first time you use the map is to sneak out." Sirius says wiping away a fake tear, the girl gives her father a mischievous smirk "I use it all the time." she tells him causing a wide smile to grace his face. 

Mattheo rolls his eyes fondly nudging her shoulder, "Yeah you use it to stalk people."  He tells her with a light chuckle. "Well yeah, I like to know who's secretly dating or something, It's funny to see a Slytherin with their secret Gryffindor girlfriend. Oh and don't get me started on the teachers that like to give each other a late night visit." Many peoples eyes widen after that sentence, looking over to their secret partner in a slight panic. Ada just smirks knowing that she just caused a massive panic.

Atrap door lifts. Ada's eyes appear. As she pulls herself up, a door bangs open. Dense chatter roars from above. Quickly, Ada hides, watching a man's boots descend the stairs.

A woman's voice calls out from above "A box of Jelly Slugs as well, Horace. We're nearly cleared out." Horace grunts, begins moving boxes. Ada looks up to the cellar door, takes out the invisibility cloak...The cellar door eases open -- but no one appears. Ada tracks through a sweet tooth's dream, swarming with customers. Up ahead, Neville prepares to lick the lollipop in his hand, when it simply floats from his fingers and out the door...

"Ada." Neville pouts remembering how confused he was when his lollipop floated away. "Ah sorry Nev I'll get you a new one." The girl apologizes with a sheepish look. Neville shakes his head "Addy it was 2 years ago, it doesn't matter now." 

"Nope, I pinky promise I will get you a new one." She smiles, Hermione then sings out "You'll forget." The Potter girl looks at her friend in offence. "I won't forget." She yells out as all her friends say "Yes you will." 

"Name one time I've forgotten something like that." 

"You broke my quill and promised to replace it." Hermione tells her in a smug tone while Ada rolls her eyes. "Moine it's a quill, you have like a billion." 

"The time you took my Queen record, you promised to give it back." Dean says.

"And I will as soon as I go back to my dorm."

"You promised to let us use the invisibility cloak for one of our pranks." The twins say. "And you can." Ada tells them, "When because it is our last year."

"Fine next week." Fred and George high five  with a wide grin.

Ron then says "And us baking in the middle of the night." 

"My jumper you stole." Mattheo adds just to make a point, he doesn't really care since she looks hot in his clothes. "Your jumpers are my jumpers, I don't care what you say."

"Okay what about the time you took the last chocolates and then promised you'd get me a new box." Remus tells her, Ada pouts. " Your supposed to be on my side." 

"What about the tim..." 

"Alright I get it, but I keep big promises, right?" Ada says a bit unsure of her self. All her friends nod knowing that she really does keep important promises just maybe not the small ones. "Plus I'm a busy girl, you know, with all the dodging death." 

Suddenly a bright red lollipop falls into Neville's lap with a note reading "I did forget, love from future Addy x."  The boys face was priceless as he looked back and forth from the lollipop and Ada.

A misty fog shrouded chaos of Main Street. As the lollipop drifts on, footprints  appear in the snow below...At this elevation, the mist hangs in thick, undulating veils, the Shrieking Shack an eerie silhouette in the gloom. Ron and Hermione stand stiffly, attempting, as best they can, to conceal the fact that, basically, they're scared stiff. "It's meant to be the most haunted building in Britain. Did I mention that?" Ron rolls his eyes "Twice."

Remus looks down, he hates that his screams of agony were turned into a ghost story.

 "Should we move a bit closer?"

"Huh? Oh... All right..."They take a step. One step. Stop dead. "Actually, it's fine from here."

"Perfect." Just then, voices echo and four figures  appear over the rise, phantoms in the mist. Malfoy. Crabbe. Goyle and Mattheo trailing behind with a bored look on his face. "Well, well. Look who's here. You two shopping for your dream home? Seems a bit grand for you, Weasel-Bee. Don't your family all sleep in one room?" Draco mocks with a smug look.

"Shut your mouth, Malfoy." Ron sneers, Draco clicks his tongue "Now that's not very friendly. Boys, I think we're going to have to teach Weasel-Bee to respect his superiors." He says smarting his coat proudly. Hermione steps infront of Ron with a harsh chuckle "Hope you don't mean yourself."

Malfoy's eyes shift, regard Hermione with disgust. "How dare you speak to me, you filthy, little mud-" SPLAT! Malfoy takes a snowball to the face. Spluttering Draco shouts "Who did that?!" Malfoy glances about in confusion, when -- SPLAT! SPLAT! -- he takes two more. Hermione and Ron glance about uneasily. "Well, don't just stand there!" He shouts at his goons. Mattheo just steps back and watches the chaos.

Crabbe and Goyle start for Ron and Hermione, when -- UMPH! -- their knees go out and they fall head first into the snow. Draco begins to back away fearfully, eying the mist...  "Wait a minute, there's something out here -- Aaaaaaahhhh!!!" Malfoy's hat is pulled over his eyes, he's spun about, given a rough kick to the ass and sent stumbling over the rise and out of sight. Instantly, Crabbe and Goyle join him. Ron and Hermione stand frozen, they exchange a nervous glance, and start to leave when suddenly they both go flying, landing in the snow. As they sit up, they hear... laughter. Hermione's eyes narrow in suspicion.

"Ada." She laughs pulling off the cloak reveling the girl who was grinning with tears in her eyes.

Everyone in the hall was having full belly laughs as the three boys sit there with bright red faces while their friends tease them relentlessly, they were never gonna live this down. Especially being friends with Blaise and Pansy.

Ada looks away from her friends and spots Mattheo walking way. Suddenly she starts sprinting causing Ron and Hermione to jump in surprise. Their eyes follow their best friend watching as she tackles the Riddle boy into the fluffy snow. The boy blinks in surprise, flipping over to see Ada Potter trying to hold in her laughs. Without waring Mattheo swipes the girls legs sending down straight into the snow chuckling as she lied down in a starfish pose. 

The two started chucking snow at each other and laughing rolling around. Then Ada staddles the boy with a mischievous look in her eyes. "Don't you dare." Mattheo warns watching her smile before grabbing a handful of snow, shoving it in his face. Ada wipes the snow out of his eyes with a smile till she saw the look of revenge in this eyes. With a startled look she quickly dashes off. 

Running around with the Riddle boy hot on her tail she shouts "I'm sorry." With a slight  laugh. The two run for another thirty seconds when Ada felt a strong arm round her waist picking her up slightly. The girl starts wriggling around trying to get free when she feel a cold sensation falling down the front of her top causing her to squeal in shock. 

When he puts her down she turns with a pout. "That was mean, I'm cold now." Mattheo just smirked "You started it." 

"Touché." Ada then looks to her other friends who have a look of confusion written all over their faces. She grabs the boys hand pulling him over to the Granger and Weasley duo, not noticing the slight blush on his cheeks, just like he doesn't know about the warm fluttery feelings in her stomach.

"That was sickening." Sirius says with a look of disgust as Remus rolls his eyes. "Don't lie, it was cute." He tells his husband who was crossing his arms with a sour look. "Yes it was, that's why it was sickening."

"You're just jealous." Ada tells him watching as his jaw drops. "Jealous? I'm not jealous." Ada gives him a fake sympathetic look. "Yes you are, you could never be as cute as me."

"How. Dare. You. I am the cutest wizard alive, no one compares." Then Ada being Ada she starts the fake water works. Sirius sees his daughters big sad eyes and caves. "No no no, Bambi don't cry, shhhh. It's okay, I'm sorry, I was wrong. You are the cutest person ever, no one is cuter." He panics. "Forgive me sweetheart."  Ada stares at him and slowly nods as he pulls her into a hug. Looking over his shoulder she gives a small smirk Remus who bites his cheek to hide his smile. She use to do this as a baby, she could make James and Sirius crumble like pastry and he has to admit it he would crumble too.

a/n: OMG i'm so sorry it's almost been two months oops. i sorta lost motivation and a lot happened. the updates will probably slow but not two bloody months slow. don't worry i haven't abandoned this story it's just taking me a while.

anywaysss i hope you are all well and thank you for all votes and i can't even believe i'm at 100k reads, thank you all. i hope you have a lovely day/night lovessss <333    

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

81.5K 2.4K 12
It's Harry Potters fifth year and he's depressed. He has to deal with Voldemort's return, being plagued with nightmares about his friend Cedric's mur...
972K 36.3K 124
Samantha Potter lived a normal life. She went to Hogwarts, played Quidditch, and tried to pass History of Magic. But that all changes when she reunit...
338K 11K 59
what if you were forced to watch your life in a screen with every person you know?
60.8K 2.2K 7
Her entire 5th year at Hogwarts felt like a cauldron boiling perilously out of control, ready to explode at any given point. So when Hermione catches...