Where There Is Nothing

By artistaherby

When a mysterious stranger calls upon the expertise of Father Arthur Dolling, he soon discovers that the line... More

Preface
Copyright
I
II
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter
Chapter 7
X

Chapter

96 1 0
By artistaherby

Not a bird, nor a star, or a cloud dared to share the sky. The moon, round and beautiful as it was, remained alone.

The Reverent Father could not find solace in his bed, and had only pretended to since laying down. His mind was consumed with the idle chatter of the townspeople. They had truly made a play of him. To be coerced into believing in mere fairytales once believed by misbehaving children. It was absurd. To find any reason in it, and yet he still lingered there. Perhaps deep down he found some truth in their way of life. From the window, he could see farther than before.  There, like an ant scurrying to a platter, a slender body walked the garden. From where he was positioned it was difficult to distinguish much else, certainty impossible to see a roster, but it was assuredly a woman who was there. For even as far as they were from one another, the curve of her bare breasts ballooning in the frigid cold exposed her.

Her skin was like milk in the way that the color of the moon reflected. He wondered if he was dreaming after all, for an instant, his heart began to race uncontrollably as he watched the waxy figure disappear behind the trench of pine trees that bordered the outskirts of the manor.

He stood there for a moment, catching his breath, and realized he was alone.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

201K 3.9K 25
*MATURE CONTENT* A Little Insight: As I walked to my wardrobe, he stood up and began taking slow, sinister steps towards me with his claws extracted...
The Doll Lover By H.C.

Mystery / Thriller

737 21 12
I REALLY NEED TO EDIT THIS STORY AND I MIGHT EDIT IT SOON SO READ IT ON YOUR OWN RISK Ally enters the life of a psychopath without knowing it. She fa...
The Follower By Yassin Yasser

Mystery / Thriller

367 48 10
Life has evolved and more technologies appeared. The internet is the main brain of these technologies, but that doesn't mean that it's safe. It is sa...