Lab Rats: Bionic Island Seaso...

By ScarletWitch19

A lot has happened to Cassie and her siblings since season one. With the defeat of Krane, Mr. Davenport creat... More

Cast
Bionic Rebellion Part 1
Bionic Rebellion Part 2
Left Behind
Under Seige
Bionic Dog
Mission Mania
Simulation Manipulation
Forbidden Hero
Spider Island
Spike vs. Spikette
Lab Rats vs. Mighty Med Part 1
Lab Rats vs. Mighty Med Part 2
Space Elevator
Bionic Action Hero Part 1
Bionic Action Hero Part 2
One of Us
Bob Zombie
Human Eddy
The Curse of the Screaming Skull
On the Edge Part 2
Ultimate Tailgate Challenge
And Then There Were Five
Space Colony Part 1
Space Colony Part 2
The Vanishing Part 1
The Vanishing Part 2

On the Edge Part 1

399 9 3
By ScarletWitch19

"Well, guys, it took a while, but we finally came up with S-1's new name," Leo says as he and S-1 walk up to Adam, Bree, Chase, and me in the common room.

"We went through hundreds before we came up with the perfect one." S-1 says.

"What is it?" Bree says.

"Charlotte," Leo says.

"Taylor." S-1 says at the same time.

"Right. Taylor. My...second choice." Leo says.

"I like it," Bree says.

"Me too," I say.

"Yeah, great name," Chase says.

"Eh, doesn't really matter to me. I didn't remember your other name, and I'm not gonna remember this one, either." Adam says.

"Hey, guys. I have some very exciting news." Mr. Davenport says as he walks over to us.

"You're finally eligible for senior citizen discounts?" Adam says, making me laugh.

"No. Maybe. I don't wanna talk about it. Look...the President called, and he's honoring you guys with a prestigious award for completing mission number one thousand." Mr. Davenport says.

"That's awesome. Congratulations, guys." Taylor says.

"Thanks, but technically, if you count all the missions where our bionics were still a secret, then our number is actually two thousand six hundred and four. But who's counting?" Chase says.

"You are. That's all you do is count." I say.

"I do not. But just for the record, that's the fifty-third time you've told me that." Chase says.

"This is gonna be great. It's about time I got honored for something. So when is this little shindig?" Leo says.

"Uh, in a couple of weeks. There's gonna be a big, fancy ceremony on the mainland. But the President's only honoring the original team, Adam, Bree, Chase, and Cassie." Mr. Davenport says.

"What? How can he do that? I go on missions with them all the time." Leo says.

"I'm sure when they hand out awards for completing thirty-two and a half missions, you'll get yours." Mr. Davenport says. He leaves the room.

"It's actually thirty-one and a half, but who's counting?" Chase says before walking away.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Hey, Adam, how's the fire prevention training going?" Chase says as he, Bree, and I walk over to Adam and his students in the common room.

"You said fire prevention?" Adam says just as we hear a loud blast and the alarm going off. "Ooh, well, it's too late to prevent that one. Could you guys go put that fire out and prevent the other fifteen we set?"

"Guys, you have to come see this. Leo just did something super amazing." A student named Logan says, running into the room. We follow him into the training room where we see Taylor and Leo holding hands. Blake and Stefan were also in the room with Leo and Taylor. I rolled my eyes when I saw them and made sure to keep my distance.

"Aww. Leo's holding hands with a girl. That is amazing." Bree says.

"We found a new ability. Check this out." Leo says. As the two of them hold hands, a blue and yellow ball of energy starts forming in their hands. "Now." They throw the energy sphere at a monitor, causing the power to go out.

"Aw, man, now I can't see what the new ability is." Adam groans.

"That was the new ability," Leo says.

"Well, do you have another that turns you into a night light?" Adam says.

"Hold on. I'll bring the backup system online." Chase says. He presses a button on his tablet and the lights turn back on.

"We accidentally found it when we locked hands during combat training," Leo says.

"Technically, I was helping him off the floor after I body-slammed him," Taylor says.

"Body slammed. It was more like a somersault." Leo says.

"You want me to show them?" Taylor says.

"No, no. We're good. So? Isn't our new ability cool? When we join hands, our laser spheres combine to create one large sphere that's so powerful, it sends out an electromagnetic pulse." Leo says.

"EMPs disable any piece of electrical technology they touch," Taylor says.

"Dude, that was incredible. One day, I'm gonna be just like you." Logan says.

"Thank you, son. Now move along." Leo says.

"Uh, no offense, Logan, but when did Leo become your hero?" I say.

"Are you kidding? Talk about an underdog. He was just a regular guy. And all of a sudden, he got bionics and became an inspiration to the whole world." Logan says.

"Well, that is my story," Leo says.

"And I love how he didn't let his scrawny body and inferior skill set stop him," Logan says.

"We got it, Logan," Leo says.

"I'm a little worried about this new ability. EMPs are very, very dangerous." Chase says.

"But if we had this when Krane was around, we could've shut down his Triton App in a second," Leo says.

"It doesn't matter. It's still dangerous." Chase says. "Don't use it again until we've had time to study it in a controlled environment."

"Come on, Chase," Leo says.

"No."

"If we just..."

"You heard me. No more EMPs." Chase orders before walking towards the door.

"Boo," Logan says, receiving a glare from Chase. He leaves the room.

"All right, guys, let's get back to work. Next up, CPR training. Uh, no, wait. CPR prevention." Adam says as he and his students walk out of the room, followed by Bree and me. But before I could leave the room, Stefan stopped me.

"Cassie, wait. How...how have you been?" Stefan says.

"Uh, I'm doing great," I say.

"That's great. That's really, really great." Stefan says. For a few moments, we fall into an awkward silence until Blake speaks up.

"Well, this isn't awkward at all," Blake says, making Stefan nudge her arm.

"Well, I better get going. See ya." I say as I leave the room.

"Why do I feel like she's trying to avoid us?" Stefan asks, turning to Blake.

"Because she is avoiding us," Blake says. "Seriously, Stef, why even bother?"

"Because I want to make things right between us. Even though I was under Krane's Triton App, I still feel terrible about all the things I did." Stefan says.

"Stefan, Cassie understands that it wasn't our fault," Blake says. "She sort of went through the same thing when her siblings were being controlled by the Triton App."

"I know. I just want her to stop hating us." Stefan says.

"Maybe she will. Maybe she won't. Just give it some time." Blake says before leaving the room.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Hey, Donny," Douglas says as he walks up to Mr. Davenport outside where he is underneath the limo trying to fix it up.

"Hey, Douglas." Mr. Davenport says, getting up from underneath the limo. "You know, there's nothing like getting under the hood of a car and working with your hands to make you feel like a real man."

"You got some oil on your face," Douglas says, pointing to the oil on Mr. Davenport's face.

"Oh, that's not oil. That's an organic sea kelp facial cream. Gives me the pores of a fourteen-year-old Taiwanese girl." Mr. Davenport says.

"Yikes. How bad is her life? What's with the fancy car?" Douglas says, pointing to the limo.

"Oh, I'm up for the contract to redesign the President's limo, so I thought I'd surprise him at the awards ceremony, and get a jump on the competition." Mr. Davenport says.

"Great idea. Presidents love surprises. Just give me the heads up so I can film the Secret Service taking you down." Douglas says.

"He's gonna love it. I adapted my self-driving car and made the most indestructible limo ever. It'll be the safest form of transportation any president has ever used." Mr. Davenport says. He hits the limo with his hammer and laughs. "Take that Air Force One."

"You should definitely say that to the Secret Service," Douglas says. "Why don't I test it for you? I know a thing or two about destruction. Well, nothing is indestructible in my hands." Mr. Davenport locks the limo with his keys.

"Please. You cannot destroy this car. You can't even get into this car." Mr. Davenport says. "This car is as Douglas proof..." Mr. Davenport hears a horn honking and when he turns around, he sees Douglas sitting in the driver's seat of the limo.

"You were saying?" Douglas says.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"We've really been on a thousand missions? It felt more like six." Adam says as he stands with Bree, Chase, and me in the common area.

"Nope. It was way more than that, and I remember all of them. Literally. They're backed up on my hard drive." Chase says.

"Maybe you should clear a few out. You know, free up some space to add some personality or a sense of humor. You know, a likable trait." I say, patting Chase on the back. Leo, Taylor, Logan, Blake, and Stefan walk into the room.

"Hey, Leo," Bree says.

"Don't talk to me like I'm a child," Leo says.

"All she said was hey, Leo," I say.

"Well, I detected a tone," Leo says.

"What's up with you?" Chase says.

"I'll tell you what's up with me. I am tired of everyone treating me like some kind of non-existent bionic hero." Leo says.

"Hey, just because it's true doesn't mean you have to take it personally," Adam says.

"Oh, really? Well, guess what? We're starting our own team. That's right. You're looking at the next generation of bionic superhumans." Leo says as he, Taylor, Logan, Blake, and Stefan all strike poses.

"It's the other way like we rehearsed," Leo mutters to Logan who was facing the wrong way.

"Oh, right," Logan says, facing the right way.

"And, uh, who might be the leader of this new bionic team?" Chase says.

"You're looking at him," Blake says.

Chase laughs. "You kidding me? Leo?"

"See, right there. There's that tone." Leo says, pointing at Chase.

"Look, you don't just become a leader by saying that you're a leader. It takes years of mission experience." Chase says.

"You named yourself mission leader when you were fourteen," Leo says.

"Eh, wrong. I was twelve." Chase says. "Good thing someone around here counts. You're not ready."

"Oh, yes, I am, and I'm going to prove to you that I'm ready," Leo says as Chase leaves the room.

"Sold!" Logan shouts.

"You were already on board," Stefan says.

"And yet he sold me again. He's that good." Logan says.

"Is Mr. Davenport okay with this?" Bree says.

"Douglas thinks he's gonna beat me at my own game. I don't think so." Mr. Davenport mutters as he walks into the room.

"Hey, Big D, is it cool if I start my own team?" Leo says.

"Yeah, Leo, whatever. It's indestructible." Mr. Davenport mutters before walking off.

"Ha! Victory pose," Leo says. Taylor, Logan, Blake, and Stefan pose while Leo faces backward.

"Other way, sir," Logan says to Leo. Leo faces forward.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Okay, Douglas, you may have found a way to break into my limo, but you will never break my limo." Mr. Davenport says as he, Douglas, and Adam stand outside by the limo. "Adam, I need you to show him that it is indestructible." Adam looks at Mr. Davenport confused, not understanding what he meant. "Fire your heat vision."

Adam fires his heat vision over Mr. Davenport's head, narrowly missing him and Mr. Davenport screams. "Not at me, at the car."

"Okay, you can't just tell me to fire. You have to be more explicit." Adam says.

"You know the word explicit, but you don't know the word indestructible." Mr. Davenport says.

"Yep. It's a conundrum." Adam says.

"Fire your heat vision at the car." Mr. Davenport says with gritted teeth.

Adam fires his heat vision at the car and it bounces off and goes the opposite direction. "See? Indestructible." Mr. Davenport laughs.

"Not so fast, Donny. You might wanna back up for this one." Douglas says. He presses a button on a remote and the limo explodes.

"My limo!" Mr. Davenport shouts.

"Ah, relax. We can help you. Together, Adam and I can pretty much break into or destroy anything." Douglas says. "We can make this limo impenetrable."

"Yeah. I'm not really interested in helping. I just wanna blow stuff up." Adam says.

In the training room, Leo is being carried by Taylor and Logan while Blake and Stefan follow behind them. "Faster, faster. Mush! Mush!" Leo says. "And stop."

"How is carrying you down an imaginary mountain part of our training?" Taylor asks.

"Because a good team should be prepared for anything, and this could happen. You never know when your leader's gonna get taken out of battle, or break a bone, or get a case of the dizzies from a light lunch." Leo says.

"I don't mind carrying you, Leo," Logan says.

"Thank you," Leo says.

"Yeah. I mean, you're, like, the lightest human being ever." Logan says.

"Hey! I am not light. With a full bladder, I am pushing triple digits." Leo says.

"Can we take a break?" Taylor says.

"Yeah. You guys have been working hard. I guess you do deserve a breather." Leo says.

"Thank goodness," Blake says.

Taylor and Logan put Leo down and flop to the floor next to Blake and Stefan. "Hey, Leo," Chase says as he, Adam, Bree, and I walk into the training room.

"Break's over. Everybody up." Leo says.

"How's your new team doing?" Chase asks.

"Great. You see this right here? This is a little something we like to call leading and training." Leo says.

"Really? Looks to me like standing and talking." Adam says.

"We carried him all the way down an imaginary mountain," Logan says.

"Why?" I say.

"Because the guy weighs sixty pounds. Give him a break." Logan says.

"We've been working hard. We found a way to include Logan and make our new ability even better." Leo says. "Check this out." Taylor and Leo link hands while an energy sphere forms in their hands, starting up their EMP ability.

"Leo, I specifically told you not to do that again. It's too dangerous." Chase says.

"Too dangerous, or too awesome?" Leo says.

"Now I'm gonna use my energy manipulation to guide their EMP toward a target," Logan explains.

"Not yet, junior. These kids come for a show. Amp it up, Tay-tay." Leo says. As they amp up the power, Taylor starts to struggle.

"Okay, now I'm gonna..."

"Not yet," Leo says, cutting off Logan.

"Leo, it's too much for her," Chase shouts.

"Oh, please, you're just jealous that your team isn't as powerful as mine," Leo says.

"Leo, stop!" Bree shouts.

"She can't hold on much longer!" I shout.

"Back off. This is my team." Leo says. Taylor is blasted to the other side of the room and we all run over to her.

"Taylor!" Leo shouts.

"She's barely breathing. Go get help." Chase orders Stefan and Logan. The two boys ran off as Leo looked at Taylor. He was clearly in shock at what had just happened and the four of us looked at him.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

In the common room, we were all waiting to hear about Taylor after she was taken to the infirmary. Leo was sitting on the steps by himself while Adam, Bree, Chase, and I stood by a pillar. We all looked up when Mr. Davenport walked into the room. "Mr. Davenport, how's Taylor?" I say.

"The good news is, I flew in the best doctors money could buy, so she's in good hands." Mr. Davenport says.

"Well, how seriously is she hurt?" Bree says.

"She's in critical condition. We'll know more when she wakes up." Mr. Davenport says.

"I'm sorry, Big D. I feel terrible," Leo says.

"You should. What were you thinking, making her max out her abilities?" Mr. Davenport says.

"I didn't think she'd get hurt. I just wanted to show everyone what my new team could do." Leo says.

"New team? Who said you could have a new team?" Mr. Davenport says.

"You did. Earlier today when you walked through here." Leo says.

"Well, you should know better than to bother me when I'm focused on me." Mr. Davenport says. "Look, I have to get back to the infirmary. I'll let you guys know if there's any other news." He leaves the room.

"You should've stopped when I told you to," Chase says as we walk over to Leo. "This just proves you're not ready to lead your own team."

"I am more than ready. And maybe I wouldn't feel like I need to prove that to you guys if you weren't always looking down on me." Leo says.

"Leo, we don't look down on you," I say.

"Yeah, we have total respect for all of your shortcomings," Adam says.

"When are you guys gonna stop treating me like I'm an idiot?" Leo says.

"Maybe when you stop acting like one," Chase says.

"You know what? Maybe quitting your team wasn't enough. Maybe I need to quit being your brother, too." Leo says. He storms away.

"Don't worry, Chase. He can't legally do that. Trust me. I've looked into it." Adam says.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Look, guys, I know this is a stressful time, but the best thing we can do is keep training. Taylor would have wanted that." Leo says as he, Logan, Stefan, and Blake sit in the training room.

"She's dead?!" Logan gasps, jumping up.

"No. I mean, if she were here, she would've wanted that." Leo says.

"Oh, okay. I'm just really worried." Logan says.

"Me too. The doctors won't even let us see her. That can't be good." Blake says.

"It's okay to be concerned. I am, too. But we need to be a team now more than ever. For Taylor." Leo says, pointing to the ceiling.

"She's in heaven?!" Logan shouts.

"Dude, seriously?" Stefan says, giving him a weird look.

"No. Upstairs. In the infirmary. Just trust me. She's gonna be back before you know it." Leo says.

"Are you sure?" Logan says.

"Absolutely. Big D has the best doctors in the world taking care of her. Not to mention every piece of bionic technology at his disposal. I mean, look at my leg. After I was crushed by the space elevator, not only did he fix it, but now it's better than ever." Leo says.

"I thought you said it locks up when it rains," Stefan says.

"I'm waiting on a part," Leo says.

Outside, Douglas and Adam were standing by the limo. "Donny's gonna be wrapped up with Taylor for a while, so let's use this time to finally perfect this thing. So what do you think?" Douglas says as they look at the limo which is covered with dynamite.

"You sure there's enough dynamite?" Adam says.

"Oh, Adam. There's never enough dynamite. Let's light this candle." Douglas says.

"Ooh. Good idea. A little lavender will help cover up the stench of burning car." Adam says.

"Just push the button," Douglas says as he and Adam stand behind a protective shield.

"Okay. Here we go." Adam says. He presses the button and the two of them are sent flying backward after the dynamite explodes.

"You okay?" Douglas groans.

"No. You?" Adam says.

"No," Douglas says. He looked up to see the limo was still in perfect condition. "But the limo is. We did it. We made it indestructible." He sees the sad look on Adam's face. "What's wrong?"

"Now that it works, we don't get to blow stuff up anymore," Adam says.

"Well...we could always try to make Donny's yacht indestructible," Douglas says.

"It's already rigged to blow," Adam says. The two of them run off to go blow up the yacht.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Chase, what's going on?" I ask as I walk into the training room where Bree, Adam, Chase, and the rest of the students are standing in the room.

"Mr. Davenport has another update on Taylor," Chase says. Leo runs into the room.

"Hello." He says, looking at the four of us.

"Excuse me, sir. Now that we aren't brothers, what should I call you?" Adam says. Logan walks into the room.

"Hey, Logan," Bree says.

"Hey, guys. Good to see you." Logan says.

"Ahem!" Leo says.

"Oh, right. We're still mad at them." Logan says. "Hey, guys, it is not good to see you," Logan says. Mr. Davenport walks into the room.

"How is she?" Leo says, running over to him.

"Awake. She's gonna make it." Mr. Davenport says.

"See? Told ya. So what kind of bionic upgrades did you throw in? Rocket feet or rocket elbows? Rocket hips? Just sayin' the girl could use some rockets." Leo says.

"No, Leo. Taylor made it, but the laser spheres damaged her retinas. She's lost her eyesight. She's blind." Mr. Davenport says.

"What?" Leo says.

"We tried everything, but no amount of bionics will fix this. It's permanent." Mr. Davenport says.

"Permanent for how long?" Adam says.

"You can't just give up. There's got to be something you can do. You have to keep trying." Leo says.

"I'm sorry, Leo." Mr. Davenport says. He leaves the room.

"I can't believe it. She's never gonna see again. It's all because of me." Leo says.

"But you said she was gonna be okay," Logan says. Leo slowly walks out of the room, overcome with guilt.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Donny, I think you're gonna be really happy with the work we did on the limo. It is now officially indestructible." Douglas says as he and Adam walk up to Mr. Davenport in the common area.

"And all of your other forms of high-end transportation are officially not," Adam says, holding up a steering wheel from the yacht. Mr. Davenport and Adam turn to Bree, Chase, and me.

"You guys seen Leo? He wasn't at breakfast this morning." Mr. Davenport says.

"That's because I was packing," Leo says as he walks into the room holding a bag.

"Leo, what are you doing?" I ask.

"You're supposed to be training," Chase says.

"I'm going back to Mission Creek. I don't belong here anymore." Leo says. "I'm quitting the academy."

"What?" Chase says.

"Wait, we can do that?" Adam says.

"Adam!" Bree says.

"Look, Leo, I know you're upset about Taylor, but it was an accident." Mr. Davenport says.

"No. Chase was right. I'm not cut out to be a leader." Leo says.

"I never meant for you to leave," Chase says.

"Part of being a leader is making mistakes. You learn from them, and you move on. I mean, look at Chase. Think of all the mistakes he's made as mission leader." Mr. Davenport says.

"Yeah. Remember when the particle collider collapsed on us because of him?" Adam says.

"Or when he told Sebastian about Krane and started the rebellion," I say.

"Or the other time..."

"Mistakes were made. We get it!" Chase says.

"But his never hurt anyone. Taylor has to live with my mistake for the rest of her life." Leo says.

"So you're just gonna give up and leave?" Blake says.

"Yeah, what about our team?" Stefan says.

"Guys, you deserve a better team. Or at least a better leader. I'm not gonna put you or anyone else here in danger ever again." Leo says. He takes out his mission suit from his bag and hands it to Mr. Davenport. "Here. Give it to someone more deserving."

"Leo, I'm not gonna let you..."

"Yes, you are, because it's not your choice. It's mine." Leo says. "Bye, guys. Sorry, I let you down." He steps onto the hydro loop and it speeds off.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

In the Mentor's Quarters, Adam, Bree, Chase, and I were sleeping in our capsules when Adam pressed a button and opened our capsule doors. "Guys, wake up!" Adam shouts, making Bree, Chase, and I jump.

"Ah! What's wrong?" Chase says.

"I can't sleep," Adam says. "Usually, when I can't sleep, Leo would sing me a song."

"He would?" I say incredulously.

"How could you even hear him? Our capsules are soundproof." Chase says. A minute later, the three of us were standing inside Adam's capsule and we were singing to him.

Hush, little baby, don't say a word
Mama's gonna buy you a mockingbird
If that mockingbird don't sing
Mama's gonna buy you a diamond ring

When we saw that Adam was asleep, we sneaked out of his capsule. "Still awake," Adam says with his eyes closed. Bree, Chase, and I reluctantly walk back to his capsule and start singing again.

This was gonna be a long night.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

30.5K 580 28
When Maddie finds out that here neighbor has three Bionic kids in his basement she gets offered a job. Follow Maddie through working for the famous D...
13.7K 244 23
Mr. Davenport may not like it, but Douglas and Marcus are his family. After the events of Bionic Showdown, he realizes that Marcus is technically his...
3.7K 208 17
In the Davenport Bionic Academy, amid conflicts and twists with the students and their past, and the responsibilities of the academy, Chase and Harpe...
8.3K 151 20
PREVIOUSLY NAMED: THE YOUNGEST DAVENPORT Meet 13 year old Emily Davenport: Youngest Davenport Bionic Able to shape shift into animals Gets into troub...