BEYOND The SUMMIT

De riteforlife

Five teenage best friends find themselves bound together by a road trip adventure that promises more than jus... Mai multe

Character Aesthetics for The Summit
Playlist for The Summit
Chapter 1 - The Plan
Chapter 2 - The Players
Chapter 3 - Bumpy Ride
Chapter 4 - Shotgun
Chapter 5 - Car Ride Giddies
Chapter 6 - Motel Memories
Chapter 7 - Heart to Heart
Chapter 9 - Lie About the Turth
Chapter 10 - More Walk, Less Talk
Chapter 11 - Home
Chapter 12 - F$*# Rules
Chapter 13 - Hard Heads
Chapter 14: Secrets in the Woods
Chapter 15 - Heat by the Fire
Chapter 16 - Reality Bites
Chapter 17 - Everything Falls
Chapter 18 - Unearthed

Chapter 8 - Bestie's Know Best!

11 5 25
De riteforlife

Chris

I'm look through my phone and see ten text messages from my dad,

Don't forget your vitamins. I packed them. I put enough pills for your trip. The bottles should be empty when you get back.

Don't drink too much, alcohol's not good for the body.
Or drugs. Keep clean!!!! Scouts won't take you.

Don't mess with any girls out there. It would ruin your chances with the colleges and teams if you got a girl pregnant.

Use your manners!!

Blab, blab, blab, I think to myself as I delete each message.

Not one says, "have a great time. Be young and enjoy!" or even "use protection if you meet a hot girl".

I put my phone down on the bed and lay on my back. I look over at the girls. I gaze at Nicole. She's putting her light brown straight hair in a ponytail. I don't admit it to anyone but I honestly get lost in her eyes. I like to see the gleams of light that swim in her blue eyes that sparkle in the light. I smile as I look at Nicole smiling at Chantel as they talk among themselves. I still remember the day I met her. I was blown away but her smile. She was in my seventh grade class and she sat beside Chantel. Her smile caught my attention and eventually her brain. She is smart, kind, fair and can be funny, when she wants to.
I'm happy to be on this trip with her. Away from her parents and boyfriend. Maybe Chantel is right. I should make a move. Get closer to Nicole and see where it takes us. I look at Chantel. She's busy on her phone, again. Does social media really take up that much time??

"Have your parents texted you guys yet?" I hear Rico ask, intruding in my thoughts.

"Yes," Nicole answers first, "checking in to say hi."

"My parents text to say hi too and that they are ordering t-shirts for my instagram giveaways." Chantel adds, "Rico, did you hear from your parents?" 

"Yeah, they sent a message in the afternoon. I just couldn't answer back yet. I'm not sure what to tell them. I'm worried they will start asking too many  questions that I can't answer right now." Rico said, looking down.

"Well, if it makes you feel better, I didn't answer back yet either," Chantel adds, "I'm not sure what to say either."

"What about you Nicole, has your 'man' bothered to text you?" I threw it out there. I really don't care but I'm curious to know if Nicole told him about going to 'Cody's cottage.'

Nicole looks at me, seeming to hesitate to answer, " He did. He said, have fun." 

"That's a surprise," I say, "he usually doesn't want you to have fun with us." I said, looking at Nicole. Nicole looks at me.

"What about you, Chris? Any texts from your parents?" I hear Rico ask.

I take a deep breath as I stretch the stress out of my body, "Yeah my dad."

Rico reacts with a chuckle, "and what did he text you?"

"The same bull shit. Don't live, have no fun and don't forget your vitamins." I tell Rico as I quickly jump up and grab my vitamins and throw them in the trash by the door, "There! Take that dad!" I say as I pace quickly back and forth, around the trash can.

"You want your vitamins back don't you?" Rico says as he watches me.

"Yeah. I'm a growing boy and need my vitamins," I pout, picking the container out of the trash, "But I'm going to drink, and party every night."

"That's it, my brother," Rico cheers, giving me his hand. I clasp his hand with mine as I embrace him in a manly body bump, "That's right! My dad's not here to ruin my summer plans!"

"Hur-rah!!" Rico chants putting a fist in the air, " You fucken rebel, you!"

I smile with power and guilt. If I screw up out here, my dad's going to kill me.

"Speaking of drinking, did Cody drink all the beer?" Rico asks as he gets up.

"I only saw him drink one so there must be more." Chantel says.

Rico goes out the door, " Perfect!!  I'll grab some for us." And steps out.

" I think drinking right now is not a good idea. Plus we should get a good sleep so we are ready for tomorrow." Nicole says, looking at Chantel and me.

"I agree, especially if tomorrow we're sleeping in tents." Chantel says, texting away on her phone.

"Hey there's a can each," Rico says carrying the cardboard box of beer in the room.

"Yes! That's what we need right now!" I said grabbing two cans, "cans for the ladies." I say passing the two cans to Nicole and Chantel.

"Yes please, Thank you." Chantel says to me and takes her can.

"I'll pass." Nicole says.

"Come on Nicky. It's one beer. It won't do anything to you." I said, not wanting Nicole to be left out in our celebrations.

"Nicole looks at me, " No, seriously Chris. I'm good. You guys can go ahead."

"What are you going to drink?" Chantel asks, looking at Nicole holding her beer.

"I can have Water," Nicole replies as Rico, Chantel and I froze, staring at Nicole.

"Come on guys, you know how I feel about drinking."  Nicole continues her debate.

"Yeah, your parents scared you when you were a kid." I said remembering the rules.

"Nicole! Where are your parents right now?" Chantel says, looking around the room, "Where's Gavin?" Chantel looks under the blankets and under the bed, "No, Nada, zilch," Chantel looks at Nicole, "They're not here to say anything, and we're not going to tell them." Chantel takes the beer out of my hand and holds it in front of Nicole, "We have a good damn chance of finding real gold nuggets and we're going to have the time of our lives doing it. Have one beer to celebrate with your besties!"

I look at Nicole. She cracks a semi smile to Chantel and drops her shoulders down as she grabs the beer from Chantel. I can tell she's doing this, but she's not completely comfortable with the idea. Nicole is the safe one. She doesn't like not being in control. So drinking, smoking and drugs are not her thing. Another attractive trait of hers.

"Hey Cody!" Rico shouts, "beer time?!?" 

"Yeah! Wait, I'm showering." We hear Cody shouting from the washroom.

"Well, hurry up. We're waiting for you?"Rico shouts again.

"We are?!?." Chantel asks, looking up from her phone and looking at Rico's, "why?" She whispers.

Rico smiles at Chantel and scastically whispers back, "because we're doing this together, Bestie, remember?"

Chantel sticks her tongue out at Rico. Rico laughs.

"Hey," Nicole whispers looking at the washroom door, "Has anyone noticed Cody being.... different?"

I look at Chantel and Rico to see their reactions. I have noticed Cody acting differently. A bit more sensitive and moody. His attraction to Chantel has also been more vocal lately too.

"Well I find him trying too hard to be himself, " Chantel whispers to us, "more hyper and moody."

"Me too! " I whisper with excitement, as I react to Chantel as if she's reading my mind, "and, no offense Chantel, but showering you with compliments and end some."

Chantel nods her head.

"Yeah but he's always been teasing Chantel." Rico utters.

"Yeah but what about the inconfortable conversation with Nicole in the car? That was going a bit too far, even for Cody." Chantel reminds us.

"He apologized to me about it," Nicole clarifies.

Chantel looks at Nicole, "Well, I'm worried about him" she announces, "we need to find out what's going on."

"Not now," Rico says, "He set up this trip so let's enjoy it and when we get back home then we can talk to him together."

"Do you think it's because we are slowly separating? You know he hates people separating." Nicole guesses.

"Maybe, but right now let's not dwell on it and enjoy hanging out together." Rico says, looking at each of us.

I lift my beer, "like enjoying a cold one with friends." I say, smiling, "Cody are you done with your shower? I want to drink."

"Ahh that feels better!" Cody says walking out of the washroom, " a good shower can surely make any day feel great." I look at Cody who's toppless and wearing shorts, "I feel unstoppable!" Cody roars as he hits his chest.

The girls laugh as I and Rico howl like wolves.

As we settle down our cheers something makes a vibrating noise.

Chantel looks quickly down at her phone as it lights up.

"Again your phone, Chantel?!" Cody asks abruptly, looking at Chantel.

Chantel picks her phone up and looks. Then quickly turns it off, " just notifications on my instagram. Keeping up with my followers." She mutters, awkwardly trying to be at ease. 

"Keeping up with what Chantel? Enlighten me with the bull shit that's going to come out of your mouth." Cody says leaning himself on the dresser, crossing his arms across his chest, waiting for Chantel to speak. Now he's pissed.

"You know, there's a lot..." Nicole starts.

"No!" Cody shouts, leaning forward to Nicole with his finger pointing at her, "I want Chantel to tell me." Cody sits at the end of the bed , keeping his eyes on Chantel, "Chantel, who or what are you doing on your phone all day?"

Chantels fingers start to fiddle, "keeping up with my platforms." Chantel answers in a humble tone.

"What are you posting, Chantel?" Cody interrogates.

I can see both girls' eyes wide open. Nicole seems scared like she knows something  And it doesn't look good.

"I wrote earlier today about what to do when you're away from home to moisturize your skin," Chantels says, "you know, puffy eyes or dry skin from the sun or wind. Followers have been responding to my post all day."

Cody stares at Chantel. At this moment even I'm feeling uneasy with what's going on between the two of them.

Cody grabs Chantel's phone, "you're officially offline." He gets up and stomps towards the other bed and throws Chantels phone in his bag. He lays down on the bed and puts the blankets over him, "No beer for me tonight." He says.

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

Aşiret Dızlamak De 19ir_em07

Ficțiune adolescenți

143K 11K 12
Her şey bana gelen mektupla başlamıştı. Ufacık bir not kağıdında yazan şeyler büyük olaylara ve hayatımın değişmesine yol açmıştı. Ben kendimden emin...
378K 9.7K 32
Princess Marie, a renowned troublemaker of Paris has entered the Ton. Marriage, children and any prospect of love have always been a 𝘥𝘦𝘵𝘦𝘴𝘵𝘦𝘧...
182K 7.1K 66
An Indian brother-sister/family story. The Singhania family is the most prestigious family in the country. Together, they seemed to be invincible...
632K 7.7K 31
The bad boy's life changes when he suddenly becomes the teacher's baby...