THE SUN AND THE FLAME ☀︎ AEGO...

By wishtherebestars

⎯⎯AFTER QOREN MARTELL showed his support to the Triarchy against Prince Daemon Targaryen, King Viserys demand... More

THE SUN AND THE FLAME
intro.
one.
two.
three.
four.
five.
six.
seven.
eight.
nine.
ten.
eleven.
twelve.
thirteen.
fourteen.
fifteen.
sixteen.
seventeen.
eighteen.
nineteen.
twenty
twenty-one.

twenty-two

3.6K 199 15
By wishtherebestars

THE SUN AND THE FLAME

☀︎☀︎☀︎

Nothing in this world can prepare you for the end, not the Gods they worship in the North, not the new selfish Gods of the South, not even the Gods the Targaryens brought from Old Valyria. No dragon dreamer, no seer, nothing can prepare you for when the end, for when the Stranger finally knocks on your door. For some, it comes in the horrid form of childbirth, women often meet their ends that way, and never is one prepared. Some do not wait for the Stranger to come as they take their own lives, some by sending themselves into war with no intention of winning, and some by the blade itself.

Targaryens often dream of a true Dragon death, as a dragonrider on the back of their dragon as they go down. There had been some who had said Prince Lucerys was met with a Dragonriders death, Queen Nyferia had her doubts that the mouth and stomach of Vhagar counted as a dragonrider's death. She believed it was flames, taking them how they came into this world.

She watched the skies as she waited for Princess Rhaenyra to land before her on her dragon Syrax as she pondered if the Stranger would join them that evening. She had told no one about her true intention, only that she would meet with Rhaenyra, but she knew Rhaenyra would not settle for what she had to offer. Rhaenyra wished to be Queen, and she had sacrificed her own children to get what she wanted. She had seen the storm clouds come in as she saw the yellow beast of the claimant Queen who landed before her.

The sun started to set as she wore a deep red dress with the sun crown on her head for her House. "I am surprised your lapdog is not with you" Rhaenyra said as she saw no sign of Aegon present. "I could say the same to you, Princess" Nyferia answered as she looked at the Princess, she looked weary, and her face had sunken deeply. She had left behind King's Landing, and Nyferia left Sunspear to meet in the middle, on an island unknown to anyone who did not possess its coordinates.

"It's Queen" Rhaenyra said as Nyferia turned her head. "Is it truly? You have to keep reminding people to much for me to believe your words, Princess" she spat as she looked at Rhaenyra. "What do you want, to kill me here?" Rhaenyra scoffed as she looked at Nyferia. "No, not even you believe that, otherwise you would have brought more than your spoiled brat of a dragon" she said looking at Syrax as Ryzmion growled behind her. Rhaenyra's face contorted in disgust for the Queen before her. "Then what?" Rhaenyra said as she looked at Nyferia. "I wish to gift you Dragonstone, become its lady like Targaryens have many years before the Conquest, it's time you dragons went back to your lairs." she said as she looked at Rhaenyra. "Hypocritical coming from the woman who has birthed Targaryen babes and wed the Usurper" Rhaenyra scoffed.

Nyferia turned her head. "I found love in my arranged marriage, that you ruined yours is not my problem" she said as Ryzmion grew restless. She looked at the Princess. "Take my offer, and I shall leave you in peace, do not, and I shall take everything and anything you hold dear" Nyferia said as her dragon rose to its full height to show how she meant her words. "You have already taken everything of me, what should make me believe you would leave me in peace" Rhaenyra scoffed.

"I owe it to Jacaerys to try, but if you will not take it, I am afraid I will have to break that vow" she said as she looked at Rhaenyra before she charged over. "How dare you speak his name" Rhaenyra growled as did Syrax. "You killed him, you killed by son as Aemond killed Lucerys" Rhaenyra said as she got closer and closer to Nyferia. "I did not, your lapdog cannot think and killed Rogare's wife and unborn child, do not blame me for the chaos he caused" she said as she looked at Rhaenyra. "And perhaps if you had taught Lucerys bullying someone who is without dragon is wrong, and show kindness when Aemond lost his eye, his anger—his Dragon rage—would not have acted up on impulse" Nyferia said as she looked at Rhaenyra.

"Take. The. Offer" she said as she looked at Rhaenyra. "Or die a commoner's death" she said as she watched Rhaenyra. "I won't be the one who will die, Princess" Rhaenyra said, spatting her title, her false title. as she looked at Nyferia. Nyferia then laughed, perhaps the Stranger had joined them today, this very evening, she could see the Stranger now, looming behind Rhaenyra like the omen of Death one might read about in books and stories.

The Stranger loomed over Rhaenyra first, dressed in a dark cloak which covered its face, a skeleton hand reaching out for the elder of the two, and as if on cue, Syrax became restless, she knew it too, Nyferia thought. Oh, sweet Death, not yet, Nyferia said as she looked at the cloaked figure. We may be old acquaintances, but I am not ready, she thought as she looked the figure. The Stranger seemed to grow, looming over Rhaenyra as she scoffed at Nyferia.

"Death will come for you" Nyferia said, not as a warning but as a simple fact. "And it shall come for your children, will you let your line die with you for what? Power?" she asked as she looked at Rhaenyra. "And what about you, what would you gain from this then" Rhaenyra said as she looked at Nyferia. "Peace, from cruelty of the Dragon threatening us with fire and blood, I shall show the realm not only House Martell can remain unbroken" she said as she held herself high.

Rhaenyra didn't speak another word before she climbed on top of her dragon, and Nyferia did the same, and as if it was yet to be decided who should win this dance now that th music was starting to end, the Stranger divided itself in two, one followed the Queen and one followed the Princess before they both flew away on their dragons.

Rhaenyra would fly to King's Landing as she saw the guards sworn to her rush around, confused she looked at them. "What is happening?" she asked as she saw Joffrey and her little Aegon rush to her side. Her only sons left, they had taken her daughter and three of her sons as she looked at them. Aegon clung to her skirts. "The Small Folk are attacking the Dragonpit, Your Grace" one guard informed her as they rushed out of the Keep. "Which dragons are kept there still?" she asked as she looked at the guard. "Vermithor, Silverwing, and some unclaimed hatchlings" the guard said, for Syrax stood in the courtyard, and Dreamfyre and Sunfyre had been with their riders. "Tyraxes" Joffrey said as he looked at his mother.

"It's too dangerous" Rhaenyra said as she looked at her Aegon, whose dragon Stormcloud was held in the Dragonpit also. If they succeeded, her side would only remain with Syrax and Caraxes, and only the Gods knew where Daemon was.

Joffrey did however not listen to his mother's warning, as the Stranger watched her little family. He rushed off, out of his mother's hold. "Joffrey!" she cried out, trying to follow after the boy as he rushed out of the Red Keep. Joffrey didn't stop for anyone or anything as he jumped away from guards trying to stop him. "Stop him!" she called out before he climbed on the back of Syrax, who screech in distress, as her rider was before she took to the skies. "Syrax, yield, come back!" Rhaenyra called out but the she dragon did not listen as she took to the skies, flying over the city where the Small Folk were charging towards the Dragonpit, the words of the new coming Queen had gotten to them. The only reason why they still listened to House Targaryen was the fear for their dragons, if there were no more dragons there was nothing more to fear, they thought as they rushed to the Dragonpit.

Syrax tried to shake the young prince off her back as she flew above the city. Joffrey, who had been unexperienced, and not the true rider of Syrax, eventually slipped from the saddle and let go of her reigns as he slid down her back as she took higher into the skies, before she screeched as she was hit by a Scorpion bolt. It had not been the Queen's true words, the Small Folk had listened to gossip and whisper, whispers started by Rogare whose men waited outside the city gates as he watched the dragon fall from the skies, Joffrey Velaryon along with her.

The young Prince screamed before his body hit the stone ground below, the people of King's Landing looked, but paid him no mind as they marched on, his whimpers were met with scoffs as the City was eventually overthrown by Rogare's men, who aided the Small Folk.

Queen Nyferia took her dragon to fly back to camp, a strong storm threw her a little off balance as she flew back to her husband and children, as if she could still see the Stranger looming and following until she landed before her family. Aenar, and Eraella rushed to their mother as Aegon stepped out with Vaegon on his hip. "We feared the worst, my Sun" Aegon said walking to her as he kissed her temple. "Where is Aemond?" he asked furrowing his brows. Nyferia's eyebrows furrowed as she looked at her husband. "Aemond? He was here when I left" Nyferia said as she looked at Aegon before they turned to everyone else, but no one seemed to understand. Cregan had arrived with his Winter Wolves and stood by Rhaena's side as she looked at Baela who shrugged herself.

"Daemon" Nyferia said as she looked at her husband. "No, we told him Daemon was not worth it" Aegon said as Nyferia looked around, no sign of him or Vhagar had been near, and it had been as if the Stranger was watching her as she would slowly figure it out. "No" she cried before she rushed back to Ryzmion. Aegon handed Vaegon to Rhaena before rushing to Sunfyre, the two of them flew to the skies and rushed to Harrenhall, before they saw the old, cursed building ablaze.

Aegon landed first, rushing to the building. "Aemond!" he called out but no one gave him an answer as he rushed around, trying to figure out where his brother could be. "Aemond?" he called out again, this time slightly more desperate to find his brother. Nyferia flew around more, higher in the skies until she saw the Stranger once more, she followed and landed at the God's Eye. She looked around and saw the Stranger stand next to the water.

"Prince Daemon and Prince Aemond crashed down, neither have come up, Your Grace" a fisherman said to her as she looked back to him. "No sign of life?" she asked as she looked at the water. The fisherman shook his head as he looked at the Queen. "I am sorry, Your Grace" he said as he looked at the Queen before he walked away to leave her with her grief as she watched the water before she saw something wash up. Dark Sister, and the sapphire Aemond had used as his eye. "my Sun, have you found him!" Aegon called out before she turned around, the Stranger looked at her, and slowly turned in Aemond, who gave her a weak smile.

Aegon stopped as he saw his wife. "I am sorry, Aegon" she said as she looked at him, as he looked at the sapphire in her hand and the sword in another. Aegon fell to his knees as he looked at the sapphire of his brother's former eye. "My sweet brother" Aegon said as she gave him the sapphire. "The Rogue Prince is gone too" she said as she looked back to the lake as she saw the apparition of Aemond disappear.

Aegon punched the ground as he let the tears fall, the stress of the war became too much. "We need to end this, Nyferia" Aegon said as he turned to his wife as she stood next to him before she knelt down. Resting her head against the side of his. "I know" she said as she kissed his temple. Aegon wiped his tears as he looked at his wife. "For us, for our children" Aegon said to her as she nodded. "My Queen" Aegon said as he rested his forehead against hers.

Sunfyre growled before Ryzmion did as well. The large dragons turned around as they saw Dreamfyre come as well as Moondancer. Helaena stepped down as did Baela before they looked at Aegon and Nyferia. Aegon turned to his sister, walking to her as he kissed her cheek, whispering apologies for her loss as well as his own. Nyferia turned to Baela. "I am sorry as well, in spite of everything he was your father" she said as she handed her Dark Sister. "He would want you to have it, you are a skilled dragonrider" she said as she smiled at the young Targaryen. She took Dark Sister in her hand as she looked at Nyferia. "Are you sure, it should pass to your children" Baela asked as she looked at Nyferia. "I am, my children they will inherit their own things, Blackfyre and Aenar's dagger, do not worry" Nyferia said as she laid a hand on Baela's cheek. Although of similar age, Nyferia had a motherly presence which Baela found welcoming.

The four of them took a moment of silence before Baela turned to her Queen and Prince consort. "What shall we do next" Baela asked as she looked at Nyferia. She stood tall as she looked to her husband. Aegon walked to her and held her hand. "Whatever you decide, I shall follow you" he said as he looked at her. "Rhaenyra refuses to meet our terms, then it's time we play on hers. To her, this will not end until either one of us is dead, and that's exactly what we'll bring her, fire and blood shall reign over King's Landing because its dragon pretender cannot accept the loss of her ambition" Nyferia said before she turned to Helaena and Baela. "If you wish to stand with me, then I shall happily accept you by my side as we take the city, but if you wish to not stand with me, stand with me in a fight that is, I shall hope you find yourselves in the safety of Dragonstone" she said as she looked at everyone.

"I shall protect the children, someone needs to look after them and as much as I support you, dear good sister, I cannot fight alongside you" Helaena said and Nyferia smiled as she took her hand. "I would trust no one else than you with the safety of my children" she said before they all took off to gather more people. Helaena would take some guards with her to Dragonstone as everyone else prepared to attack King's Landing.

"Your Grace, we have received a message from King's Landing" her guard said as he looked to her. "What message?" she asked as she looked at the droid. "The Dragonpit has fallen, all the dragons in it have been slain" he said as he turned to her and the others with a shocked face. Aegon looked at Sunfyre who made a noise which one could only describe as a cry of pain. "Perhaps the time of dragons has come and gone" she said as she looked at her own dragon. "But it will not be the last of the dragons, until we are worth of them again, they shall roam the skies ones more" Nyferia said as she looked at Aegon. Aegon nodded in agreement with his wife before they took to the skies, her armies marching below as they marched to King's Landing.

"Warn the Small Folk" she said as they stood before the Red Keep. Soldiers from the Vale, the Riverlands and some from the Reach and Iron Islands had joined Rhaenyra in the capital as her men snuck into the city, warning the Small Folk one by one as the sun slowly started to rise. The Small Folk escaped quickly, their most precious belongings in hand as they left the capital before the Winter wolves breached it, finding soldiers that had pledged against them, they fought their way to the Keep, where Rhaenyra seemed to be waiting for Nyferia.

She turned to the large window as she overlooked the City, on three points of the wall surrounding King's Landing, she saw a dragon; Sunfyre to the West, Moondancer on the East and to the North stood Ryzmion without a rider as she saw Nyferia walked down towards the Keep, with Blackfyre on her hip. "Your Grace now is time to strike" her guard said as they looked at Rhaenyra, but Rhaenyra did not speak a word, Dornish soldiers and Northern soldiers were coming from all sides. "She is going to tear this castle down, and there is nothing to stop her" Rhaenyra said as she looked at the four people riding dragons as she looked to Blackwater Bay, as Velaryon ships came in.

The soldier fighting for Rhaenyra had not taken the pledge to leave their Queen unprotected and thus they rushed into the city, fighting against the soldiers they come across, some would win the fight against the soldiers of Queen Nyferia, may they be Dornish or Northern, but most lost their lives, some had even tried to attack Nyferia as she walked among them, looking at the large castle.

"Rhaenyra!" Nyferia yelled as she stood before the steps of the large Keep. "Defend yourself, defend your throne!" Nyferia called out, unsheathing her sword as Aegon and Baela circled around the city. "Or die with your soldiers like a coward" Nyferia yelled as she defeated one soldier to the next. Rhaenyra looked to her son, Aegon as she kissed his head. "Stay here" she said as she walked away ordering someone to bring Aegon to safety. She walked to the doubled doors before she ordered to open them as she looked at Nyferia who stood below the steps.

Rhaenyra's face was even more sunken, and the presence of the Stranger still loomed behind her. Her stranger had come in the shape of Daemon, and Nyferia was not sure if it had been there for protection, to warn her, or to take Rhaenyra for his own selfish gains. "You will win no fight against me" Nyferia said. "If I yield, would you leave the city alone?" Rhaenyra asked as she looked at Nyferia who laughed.

"No, the city is clear of the Small Folk, all those remain are soldiers who have pledged their lives to either you or I and mine are not willing to give up yet" she said as she looked at Rhaenyra. Rhaenyra stepped down the stairs as the soldiers stopped their fighting. "Give me the dragon's death" Rhaenyra said as she looked at Nyferia. Nyferia laughed upon Rhaenyra's request. "You are not true dragon" Nyferia said. "You cowared from battle as your sons and your husband died for your greed, your ambition is what killed them. You are what killed them" Nyferia said as she dropped Blackfyre. Her dragon landed behind her as did Sunfyre on the Keep roaring loudly. Rhaenyra tried to hold herself tall.

"May the Stranger come quickly" she said as she looked at Aegon before he took off, burning King's Landing, as well as the Keep. Everything crumbled around them as Nyferia watched on. She took another dagger from the inside of her thigh before she walked the steps closer to Rhaenyra as everything burned around them. Before Rhaenyra could speak one last time, Nyferia held the dagger to her throat and effortlessly. "Unbowed, unbent, unbroken" Nyferia whispered her House words into Rhaenyra's ear before the steel sliced her throat and blood spilled down the steps as she let Rhaenyra drop to the floor.

The dragons circled and roared as their flames spewed over the city. The men of Rogare were at the edge as they watched on. "The Martell Princess has taken the Throne" one said to Rogare as he watched the city burn from afar. Rogare watched but said nothing as he nodded and took his men with him for now.

Nyferia let out a breath she did not know she had been holding as she looked at the Red Keep. Aegon landed behind her and rushed to his wife. Kissing her as he reached her. "You have done it, my Sun" Aegon said with a smile on his face. Both turned to look at the Keep. "This will need to be rebuild" Nyferia said with a soft smile on her face as she looked at the waste and burning stone. It would be rebuild, and then torn down once more when their descendant Daenerys Targaryen took the Iron Throne back once more with fire and blood and dragons on her side, as Nyferia had once seen in her dream.

The Prince, or rather, Princess that was promised came from the burning scorching blood of House Martell and the cold-hearted Targaryen that burned for her, Dragon dreams often came in riddles, and years had gone by since the Conqueror had seen the Walkers come and take Westeros until the one descendant of his blood, through Aegon, prince consort of Queen Nyferia, first of her name, would be Daenerys.

She would descent directly of their son.

A son born once Aegon took his wife back to Dragonstone, kissing her feverishly as he acted like a man starved of touch. Neither could make it to their marital bed, as Aegon pushed up her dress, collecting her slick on his fingers as he pushed her against the dark stoned wall. His wife moaned as he entered his first few fingers, stretching her slightly to prepare her. "I need more" she moaned against his lips as she dug her nails in his shoulders, his clothes had been disregarded the moment they entered, but neither could be bothered with hers.

Aegon smirked, before he turned his wife to face the wall, hiking up the skirts of her dress before he pushed his cock into her cunny as she moaned against the old Valyrian stone. "Fuck" she cursed as Aegon stilled deep within her. "Give me another child, Aegon, please my flame" she begged as he started to rut into her, faster as her moans increased as did his own groans. He held her hips tightly as he watched her ass ripple from the impact of his pelvic. Aegon whined as she mentioned another child, imagining her full again with his seed and round with her child.

She pushed herself away, groaning as he slipped from her before she dragged him to the ground, positioning herself over him as she sunk down. She threw her head back as he reached deeper within her before she whined and started a rhythm again as she scratched down his chest. Aegon groaned at the beautiful sight of his wife, the intense feeling he had missed so very much before he felt her clench around him. "I won't last" he warned her, knowing her actions, her warm cunny and her beauty were too much for him. "I don't want you to, I want your seed, please" she begged and Aegon groaned before he released himself, Nyferia quickly followed.

It had been that evening, of filthy lovemaking that made her conceive once more, a son born to them who they named Aemon for his Uncle Aemond, he would claim the last dragon born from a clutch of Tessarion, a light blue dragon who descendant from Tessarion and before even Vhagar, would unfortunately die during the Bastard rebellion of his distant cousin, Aegon, son of Rhaenyra and Daemon as his own son had been the rider of his dragon.

Aemon's son would wed his cousin, the youngest daughter or Eraella and Aenar, as Vaegon would sire only bastard born from love. One of which would fight the bastards of Aegon. It had been Daemon Blackfyre's son who would wed Aemon's granddaughter to maintain peace and continue the Blackfyre line as his son would continue the line until Aerys II and his children; Rhaegar, Viserys, and Daenerys.

☀︎☀︎☀︎

thank you all so much for reading, its been a long ride, and sorry if you think this ended suddenly but it was going to happen anyways

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

30.1K 915 20
The younger sister of Viserys and Daemon Targaryen, if you thought Daemon was the rough prince Visaera, was the only one who rivalled that. She wasn...
172K 6.7K 52
❝ There was a feeling of inevitability when I met you. And our lives were fated to converge like some cosmic dance. And I think I had to break your h...
24K 1.2K 22
When Alicent Hightower refuses to betray her friend by taking to King Viserys bed, her younger sister is sent in her stead. Though a different hand...
19.4K 956 18
━━━━ aegon targaryen ii. she is not her father's daughter and he is not the prince that was promised. and with all the chaos brought by the dance sta...