Promise (Revali x Reader)

Por mantafailure

(Y/N), a Zonai and the descendant of the leader of the Zon'Hirith Town, has been chosen as the 5th Champion... Mais

Context
🍃Rewind🍃
🍃Really?🍃
🍃Relax🍃
🍃I Won't Say🍃
🍃Not Outloud🍃
🍃Ready?🍃
Quick Notice
🍃Keep a Secret🍃
🍃The Start of The Calamity🍃
🍃Ending: Spirits🍃
🍃Ending: Who Are You?🍃
A/N
NEW CHAPTER!

🍃Visit🍃

330 14 15
Por mantafailure

A/N: (H/N) is Horse Name btw!

Well, the ceremony was a blast! It went smoothly, as expected, and now we're all officially champions! We were given a blue cloth, which everyone wore in their way. I decided to use it around one of my ears, since I think it looks cool.

We were told that we'd be paired up with someone to train in the morning. Since we're 5, someone had to be paired up with Link. Urbosa and Daruk, Mipha and Link, and lastly me and Revali. We were all sent to our partner's village (Urbosa and Daruk in Gerudo Desert, Mipha and Link in Zora's Domain, and us to Rito Village). I'm honestly very excited! I've never been able to travel out of my town much, but this seems like an opportunity.

Lets just hope Revali will be a good training partner... I honestly think he's really cool, if a bit egotistic. He told about this special "gale" he uses, an updraft he creates to get height and get better aim.

"It's probably nice to know how to control one's power... right buddy?" I said to Vah-Windre.

Vah-Windre made a happy noise, as it floated along the river.

I sat on top of their shell, star-gazing. It was a really enjoyable evening... even though Divine Beasts can't really, y'know, talk. Vah-Windre's a good listener though!

—-------------------------------------------

"I'm dead, I'm dead, I'm SO dead!" I rode my horse, (H/N), as quickly as I could towards the castle. I was SUPPOSED to meet with the champions... half an hour ago. I woke up late and I'm running extra late right now!

Just. Perfect.

I saw the champions, Zelda, and Link standing outside the castle. I quickly jumped off (H/N) and tied their reins to a nearby pole (while in the air). I landed and sprinted towards the group.

"Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry! I'm so late and-"

"Don't worry about it, (Y/N)." Mipha cut me off.

"For you it might not be a problem..." I heard Revali murmur under his breath. Someone's in a mood.

"Well, we should all be on our way, shouldn't we?" Urbosa added. "I'm sure someone's excited to train with a special someone, huh?" She nudged Mipha.

"Wait does Mipha like Link-"

My questions were answered pretty quickly.

"Urbosa... you promised you wouldn't..." Mipha whispered, her cheeks blushing.

"I never promised anything, did I?" She chuckled.

Link, completely oblivious to all this, was staring at a little butterfly flying around him. How cute.

"Enough nonsense. We should head out." Revali spoke in an annoyed tone.

"Rude... but fair." Daruk patted Revali on the back, which Revali answered with a scoff.

We each headed our way to the assigned village. It was a bit of a walk to Rito Village, but nothing I can't handle. Plus, I'll get to know my fellow champion better!

—-----------

-Revali's POV-

(Y/N) and I strolled through the forest. I've never actually met a Zonai before, so this is a new experience. But of course, no matter what silly little powers the Zonai might have, I'm still far superior... aren't I?

I felt a tap on my shoulder. It was (Y/N).

"Hey, are you okay? You look lost in thought." They looked at me with an eyebrow raised.

"Oh, yes I'm fine." I pushed their hand off my shoulder, but... "why was their hand so soft?"

"You sure? You seem... tense." They frowned.

"I'm fine. Now shut it. We don't want to attract any monsters..." I grunted, and upped the pace.

"Okay..." Their tone was quiet, almost whisper-like.

I moved my sight forward, getting (Y/N) out of my view. I don't need any distractions, these woods are known for the abundance of Bokos. Still though... Was this the right thing to do?

I took a peek through the side of my eye to see how (Y/N)'s doing. They looked sad, ears flopped down and their gaze met the floor. This is weird... I've never been remorseful about, well, anything. But (Y/N)'s sad gaze...

I guess we could talk a bit, right?

"Hey."

"Huh?"

"You... You've been to Rito Town Before?"

—-----------------------

Our conversation went on and on and on... I was very interested in what (Y/N) had to say. Right now, they're rambling about why "lizards are objectively the best animal", their words not mine. I'm sure our avian cousins are the better animal but... they had some fair points.

I found myself listening carefully to (Y/N) as they rambled, my thoughts drifting off.

"I wonder how they keep their hair so shiny and long... and their fur so soft and clean."

"Maybe... I can ask to touch it? No no no, I can't! That'd be rude, right?"

My thoughts raced through my head at lighting speed. I won't let my thoughts win me over... I can't! I'm not weak, I can control myself! I-

"Revali... um, your face is red." (Y/N) pulled me out of my thoughts.

"N-no... you're imagining stuff." I grunted. I could feel my face warming up.

-(Y/N)'s POV-

I could feel my face burning up too. I don't know why but...

"YOU'RE the one with the red face." Revali said, looking away. Both our blushes deepened.

"I am?? I mean- It's very warm out here, that's why!" I lied. We looked away from each other, trying to calm down.

I think my blush came from a little thought I had while talking... His feathers are so soft and I wanna touch them again but... he doesn't seem to like that.

After a few minutes, we both calmed down.

"... That never happened." Revali started walking again. I followed soon after.

It was a bit... awkward, to say the least. For the rest of the trip, we both kept to ourselves. Still, the thought of his soft feathers never left my head.

—--------------

Finally, we arrived. Rito Village spiraled on a tall rock in the middle of a lake. It was a beautiful sight, to be honest.

"Woah..." I gasped out loud.

"Impressed already?" Revali chuckled.

"No kidding I am! Your village is so cool, man!" My ears stood up in excitement.

"We haven't even gotten into the village itself, yet you're already more impressed than a little child." He joked. I chuckled.

As we walked through the village, Revali and I were greeted by many other Rito's in the town. Some little kids just stared at me and followed us... I'm guessing they hadn't seen a Zonai before. I didn't mind though, it's cute!

Soon, we arrived at the very top of the village. The view was astonishing, the temperature was low (and if it weren't for my fur, I'd be freezing), and the wind flowed through my hair.

There target balloons floating through the sky.

"So, are we ready to train or what?" I asked Revali.

"Oh no, (Y/N). We're not training here..." He smiles smugly. "We're going up there."

Above us floated Vah-Medoh, a massive bird like divine beast. Revali was their pilot, so it makes sense.

"So... how am I supposed to get there?" I asked.

"Well, I would leave you to find your own way up... but I'm feeling kind today." He responded, a smug smile plastered on his face.

"Come on now, get on my back." He crouched down, waiting for my next move.

I blushed at the thought of feeling his soft feathers again. "C'mon (Y/N), keep it together. Don't make it awkward..."

I climbed onto his back, as he activated his gale and flew upwards. The view was amazing from up here but... you already know where my mind was at.

I zoned out, staring down at Revali's face. There was something about him, something I couldn't quite pin-point, but it was there. I felt my face burning, which brought me out of my thoughts.

I put my focus on the view around us, which actually worked and made me calm down.

-Revali's POV-

"Hm... they're light as a feather."

I couldn't believe how easy it was to carry (Y/N) on my back. It felt like I was just carrying a big, fluffy pillow...

"Control yourself, Revali. You can't show weakness..."

I shook off the thought and hurried over to our destination.

We soon landed on Medoh's back, a big place with wind turbines that could easily function as an arena.

"So, are we ready to train or what?" (Y/N) said as they got off my back.

"I can sense a lot of enthusiasm from you." I joked. "Well, if you REALLY want to lose that badly..." I pulled out my bow.

"Ohoho, it's on." (Y/N) pulled out their sword, ready to fight.

-(Y/N)'s POV-

A few hours later.

After our training session, Revali and I sat on the edge of Medoh, just chatting a little.

"You're not as bad as I thought..." Revali said, gazing out into the distance. "Still, I'm far much better. You ALMOST defeated me."

"Emphasis on the 'almost', right?" I chuckled. "I had no chance against you, Revali. You're too good." I sighed, also gazing into the distant mountains.

Revali smiled, but it wasn't his usual smug smile. This was a genuine grin. He looked so cute...

Revali turned his gaze to me.

"It was a lot of fun training with you, (Y/N)." That adorable smile plastered on his face made my cheeks warm up.

"Same to you, buddy..." I smiled back at him.

A/N: Sorry this chapter took so long I'm writing two other fanfics at the same time

Continuar a ler

Também vai Gostar

7.1K 179 6
Link found himself considering the Champions- as well as himself. How he fit in; what piece of the puzzle he played. He knew who he was as a Champion...
8.4K 74 6
A girl who is from a different dimension seems to have captured the heart of Revali the Rito Champion, showing only her a totally different side of h...
280K 8.3K 47
In a fit of anger, you lock yourself in your room. Your parents are controlling, your friends are in different countries, a man insists on marrying y...
80.9K 2.1K 15
With Link and the Champions in a deep slumber in the Shrine of Resurrection, Zelda is forced to call upon the help of her cousin from a distant kingd...