Divergent souls || 2

By salmaslibrary

Captivating, carefree, Enticing. That's the image Rowan Russo threw for people, with his easygoing personalit... More

CHARACTERS + TWS + TROPES
Prologue
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty one
Twenty two
Twenty three
Twenty four
Twenty five
Twenty six
Twenty seven
Twenty eight
Twenty nine
Thirty
Thirty one
Thirty two
Thrity three
Thirty four
Thirty five
Thirty six
Thirty seven
Thirty nine
Forty
Epilogue
THE END

Thirty eight

512 18 0
By salmaslibrary

CHAPTER THIRTY EIGHT ANGELINA
"What? No." I dismiss instantly as Rowan speaks, he sighs exaggeratedly, ruffling his hair anxiously, "You hate them, Angelina, I won't force you to be there." He insists.

He's going to visit his parents in New York, and he's telling me to stay here, like fuck I will, I'm not leaving him face whatever hurricane is about to be thrown in his face alone.

"You're not forcing me, I'm coming with you willingly, I want to." I almost scream so that he hears what I'm saying, let it settle in in his fucked up head, his eyes soften, glistening with a rare spark.

"Okay," he sighs in defeat and i sigh with relief, but I don't take my eyes off him, concerned and suspicious at the same time, he's been on the phone with his parents for almost a whole hour.

He didn't seem pissed or sad, but something is definitely off, and he most likely won't tell me, so I just try to solve the mystery myself as I continue searching his features for any clue.

"What time is the flight?" I ask instead. Not wanting to push on the topic right now, he seems relieved about it as he scrolls through his phone, "9 sharp, Tonight." He offers lightly and I nod.

We still have loads of time to sort this out, but the only thing on my mind is finding out what's up with Rowan's mood shift.

⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

Sure enough, Rowan didn't lie when he said that I hate his parents, the emotions toward them come rushing to me at an incredibly fast pace the moment my eyes clash with his mother's, who smiles softly as if she isn't the reason behind most of her son's problems.

His Trauma.

"Hello, dear, it's nice to have you here." She speaks formally, as if she already expected me coming here.

I still don't know how Rowan doesn't completely despise them.

It's impossible to feel anything toward them other than hatred or plain malice, "Thanks." I force a tight smile which I'm sure looks fake, almost the goal.

Rowan's fingers tighten around my waist, digging in my flesh, telling me that he's nervous, I lean into him softly as we step inside, I can feel his uneven breaths landing on my nape before we both sit down.

Rowan's father slowly makes his appearance, his physique is strong for someone his age, peppered hair that's styled to perfection, wrinkled skin, but still, he carries a sharp charismatic aura around him, it's infuriating since most people coward away due to his presence.

I raise my chin higher as I glare at him, I try to stop but i miserably fail which only widens his smug smile as he approaches us, straightening his pants before sitting across of us.

Pulling his wife to him in a loving motion as if they aren't internally planning each other's murder, "So, we're here to discuss something important." Rowan starts, my brows slightly furrow as he didn't tell me anything about the said topic.

Maybe that's the reason behind his odd behavior today, but why?

I stay quiet though, absorbing his words as he tries to form them correctly, I can see it in the way his nails are digging in the couch, the way his eyes are flitting erratically around us, and the way his throat gulps every now and then.

He doesn't normally feel that nervous around them, not at all actually, the past couple of years are enough to prove that he gained back his strength and doesn't cower down to them.

But he's different right now.

"Well, yes." His mother interrupts and he curses under his breath only for me to hear, as if her interruption made it harder to continue, i inch closer to him, my hand snakes around his and i interlock our fingers together.

He doesn't clutch it back, no, he inches it away from me, digging his nails back into the couch without meeting my eyes, my chest clenches in confusion and utter pain actually.

But his mother's voice pulls me away, "I assume he told you about the truth, why he was 'locked up' or whatever he calls it, why he needed treatment, why he was crazy." She rambles on in a neutral tone that I'm tempted to punch her for.

The fucking bitch.

I'm speechless actually, I didn't expect her to talk about him like this in front of me, and when I look back at Rowan.

His eyes are narrowed with utter anger and embarrassment, his jaw is clenched and I can tell that he's gritting his teeth.

He thinks I believe her, I'm almost certain, that's why he pushed me away, because that's what she wants to talk about, he's afraid that I might step back and that her words would possibly convince me.

"What do you think about it? About him? Rowan." She asks flat out when I stay silent, and so discreetly, the corner of her lips pulls upward, as if she's smirking, I smile bitterly, "I've never loved your son more than I do right now." Tilting my head to the side as I throw my words at her with calmness I'm not feeling.

But seeing me worked up is exactly what she wants and she won't be getting anything to satisfy her today, not from me, "You need jail if you're asking about that though." I offer tightly through gritted teeth.

"You know what happened right? She fucked him, as in she—" Rowan's voice cuts her off as he glares, his features sharpening, "What? Will you tell her the details? Go on, didn't you claim that I was imagining it all? Wasn't that what you convinced me with?" His voice is edged with a harsh tone I've never heard before it almost sends shivers along my spine as I watch the scene unfold in front of me with worry and concern for him.

His mother realizes exactly where she slipped as her face falls in slight realization, her eyes flit frantically to her husband, she swallows hard as she stares at anyone but Rowan.

Who doesn't stop, "Fucking speak." Calmness I've never witnessed before is draped out of Rowan, "What do you want to hear?" She asks as if that's a stupid question to ask or something.

"What was the point of convincing me that I'm actually fucking crazy?  that it didn't happen when it did, I never got the closure for that." He laughs, almost manically.

"So you wouldn't tell anyone, that's what your father wanted." She admits, my lips twist in disgust, "You fucking—" I cut Rowan off as his fists ball beside him, and I can see what's about to happen, he'll punch his father, who will hit him back.

And I won't keep watching him getting hurt like this, so I stand up beside him, interlocking our fingers again and hoping that he won't push me away, "We're leaving." I announce instead of talking him out of it.

It's better cause right now he's full of rage and pain he's tried to suppress which I understand, more than anything, but knowing Rowan, he'll thank me later for this.

"I'm not coming back." He suddenly says as he stares at them, his chest heaving with harsh breaths as his jaw ticks, staring at his mother in utter pain that I ache to wipe away.

That I will.

After what seems like moments of silence, we step out of the house, Rowan's hand is clutched so hard in mine I'm sure it'll leave marks, he breathes out, trying to calm his breaths.

Before looking at me for a millisecond, then pulling me to him harshly as his lips come down on mine as if he's a starving man, he breathes out in relief as if that's exactly what he needed.

Upping his pace as his hand descends all over my neck, I let him, knowing that this is exactly what he needs, I press my lips against his and follow his pace that momentarily slows as if to breathe.

"It's okay." I assure between the kisses and he rests his forehead against mine, "I didn't mean to push you away, I'd never do it." He murmurs in a weak voice, as if he's ashamed.

I smile weakly, "I understand." Even if it hurt, I do, "I'm sorry." He apologizes, it sends a kernel of comfort along my veins as warmth pools in my stomach, "Let's go to a hotel for the night." We both need rest and a lot to discuss.

He nods, before kissing me again.

A vote is really appreciated 🩷.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

95.9K 3.1K 27
G, High School Cheer Leader, Popular, 'Princess' is not the right word to explain her... People heard her saying many times. "I am God And I Speak L...
38.1M 1M 75
In which I fall in love with my brother's best friend. ***** "Don't pretend like you don't feel anything." His voice is low, sending shivers down my...
60.7K 3.3K 57
Ocean Goldreich is the sister I never had. Or at least, her brothers put that thing in my mind. I tried my best to look at her as my very own sister...
92.6K 1.8K 20
Josh and Katie have been best friends since he first moved nextdoor midway through freshman year. They were attached to the hip and acted like they'v...