The Sacred Scarlet

Von glockwriter

Step into the colorful world of Advita Singh Rathore and Rudransh Singh Arora as their love story unfolds aga... Mehr

Disclaimer
Introduction
1: Unexpected Encounters
2: Royal revelations
3: Destined encounters
4: Cultural Collision
5: Buddha Mil Gaya
6: Conversations & Connections
7. Ehsaas-a-Sukoon
8. Jodhana ri Mojri
9. Sneaking Out
10. Adiophile
11. Mehendi & Haldi
12. Sangeet
14. Gruhpravesh
15: Day one as Shriman & Shrimati Arora
16: Past affecting present?
17 : Echoes of Connection

13. 'The' Day

9.2K 665 183
Von glockwriter

As its the wedding, i.e, 17 Dec, so happy birthday being-a-tithi and also happy anniversary to Nikismole0923 ke mumma papa 🫶🏼

~•🪷•~

Just as he came back from his morning walk, Rudransh saw the commotion in the palace. Everyone looked freaked out, especially the Rathores. He was trying to decode the situation when Rutvik bumped into him, "Sorr- Oh bhai! Changa hoya tussi aa gaye, hun saddi madad kro!"

(Sorr- Oh brother! Glad you are back, now help us!)

"But what happened, ae toh das?"

(...tell me that atleast?)

Anikka is nowhere to be found. We are searching for her everywhere!

"Junior?"

"Yes bhai, do one thing, you go and check the terrace and I'll see the courtyard," saying that Rutvik hurried off towards the courtyard and Rudransh ran towards the terrace. He was almost halfway done when he heard footsteps approaching. He turned around to find Advita, with panic written all over her face, "You checked the terrace?" she asked.

"Just going there," she nodded and followed him behind.

As they opened the terrace door they saw Anikka sitting in a corner, crouched down, face buried in her knees. Advita ran towards her and gently sat beside. Feeling someone beside her, she looked up and as soon as she saw her AB she hugged her tightly, as if she would run away. Rudransh too went towards them after informing the others.

"Bhua, dont go na please. Aise thodi hota hai, apka ghar toh yeh hai na, aap kyu jaa rahe ho!"

(This is not done, this is your home right, why are you leaving!)

She cried even more. Advita turned her face and wiped the lone tear threatening to fall from her eyes, "Bachche we talked about this, right? Nothing will change, not me, not you, nothing. And I said na youll be with me all day at the office?"

"No! Office office hi hota hai na, ghar thodi hai."

(Office is office only, not home.)

Seeing her having problem to make her understand, Rudransh sat beside them as well, "Jr. AB, tell me one thing, will your papa be happy without your mumma? Is your family complete without her?"

Anika moved her head towards him, blinking her eyes in confusion, and slowly wiping her tear stains, she replied, "N-no. Papa goes insane even when mumma goes to nana house, and mumma completes the family."

"Exactly bachche. And your AB completes me, my family. I was a little late in finding her but now when I did, I have to take her with me or else I'll also go insane like your papa. Without her my life, my home, my family and most importantly me myself, are incomplete.''

Anika nodded her head as if understanding something. She wiped off her tears and apologized for disappearing. Rudransh looked at Advita and found her already staring at him. 'Did he say this just to make her understand? Did he mean it-,' her thoughts were interrupted as everyone else joined in. After a little while everyone got back to their work.

-🪷-

Kangana Bandhna

In this ritual, performed on the morning of the wedding day, a sacred thread, also known as mouli is tied on the wrist of the bride and the groom separately at their respective homes.

-🪷-

Mahira Dastoor

It is a marwadi ritual, which involves inviting the maternal side (all the mamas and maasis) of the groom and the bride (individually) and celebrating by gifting them in cash and kind. It runs side by side with traditional music and dance. This occasion is meant to help the mothers with the cost of the wedding.

Rudransh saw Rutvik and Roohi going somewhere with Kabir. Being already annoyed by staying in the room since morning he asked if he could join them.

"Bhai you can't come with us. We are going to meet bhabhi," Roohi informed.

"Why can't I come? And if I can't come, why would you three go?"

"Because you will see her at mandap only. You cannot see her before that. So bye bye meri bhabhi de hon wale utave patidev," Rutvik teased and then ran for his life.

(....my sister-in-law's over enthusiast husband-to-be)

The three went away while Rudransh sulked in his room. He tried to distract his thoughts by doing some office work. Well, no, it didn't work.

Advita was getting ready for god knows what when she heard dhol beats, some chortles. She looked up at her mom who just smiled and signaled her to go outside.
As she stepped out, she saw Kabir and his parents- Pushkar and Meera Chauhan, accompanied by Rutvik and Roohi. Everyone was dancing and enjoying themselves. They also bought a ton of gifts. Clothes, jewelry, sweets, fruits and what not.

They were welcomed by Shekhar and Radhika with folded hands and bright smiles. They hugged each other and exchanged greetings. Pushkar then went towards Advita who stood rooted to her spot, "Why do I see these tears in your eyes bachche?"

"T-this is for m-me?" She asked, controlling her emotions.

"Why not? Aapke papa ke dost zaroor hai hum, lekin apki mummy bhi toh bandhti hai na. Aur jab humne Advit ka Mahira bhara tha, toh apke kyu nahi? Mama toh dono ke hi huye na?"

(Yes your father is a friend but, your mum ties me rakhi as well. And when I did Advit's Mahira, then why won't I do yours? I am mama of both of you, ain't I?)

Advita nodded her head in agreement and hugged him. He patted her head and blessed her.

"Nanihal wala aaya hai, Mahira len, nach gano toh sab ne karno padi!" Chirped Kabir, and everyone began dancing and enjoying the dhol beats.

(Maternal side is here, brought Mahira, everyone has to dance!)

Rudransh heard some faint noises, and stood up to look out. He went to the balcony and saw lalmost everyone enjoying themselves, except him. All of a sudden, his eyes widened. He took out his phone and typed a text.

'The lawn is too big, side mein ja ke nach!'

Rutvik felt his phone vibrate in his pocket so he took it out. Seeing a text from his dear brother, an evil smirk made its way on his lips. He looked in his brother's direction, and after confirming that his eyes were on him, he took Advita's hand, twirled her around, and put a hand on her waist. Following the lead, she too put a hand on his shoulders. They started dancing and jumping.

Once again Rutvik's phone buzzed with an expected text. He smirked seeing notification from his brother's chat.

'Move. Before I tell Shrushti about her funny and embarassing candids in your phone, PARRE HATT CHETTI!'

(Get aside fast!)

Rutvik's phone slipped from his hand, and his throat went dry. Now it was Rudransh's turn to smirk. Rutvik was definitely not happy about how the tables turned.

Though Rutvik wasn't near Advita now, Rudransh was still sulking about the fact that everyonevelse was enjoying with her, except him. Soon after everyone else was walking inside, but his eyes lit up when she walked towards his balcony.

His trance was broken when he felt a vibration in his hand. And when her name showed up, his happiness knew no bounds. He immediately picked up the call, but before he could say something he heard Shrushti's voice from behind asking Advita where she was going, to which she replied that she had to attend an important call and there were some network issues.

His heart raced in silent terror, sending warm blood to his freckled face and he feared that he looked an unsophisticated fool, especially when she was there, looking at him. Controlling his emotions, he finally managed to form some words, "Y-you made an excuse to talk to m-me?"

"Naji na, mere teen char mangetar hai, dusre se milne aai thi," came her reply. He chuckled at her sassy reply. A smile broke on her face as well.

(No no, I have two-three fiancees, I came to meet another one)

"Mangetar kitne bhi ho, iss Rani saa ka dulha toh ye Sardar ji hi banega."

(Doesn't matter what the number of fiancees is, this Raani Sa's groom will be this Sardar ji only.)

He looked at her, she looked at him. Their face had an ear to ear smile. It was as if they had nothing, but at the same time it was everything they needed.

They came out of their dreamland when Advita was called back to the palace for further rituals. The phone call was ended, but the eyes never left each other. She slowly walked back to the palace.

'Hun jao tussi, par aaj raat toh baad tohnu mere te koi dur ni kar sakta,' his thoughts were suddenly interrupted with a melodious sound.

(You may go now, but after tonight nobody can take you away from me.)

'tainu takeyaan bina nai dil rajda
mohalle vichon kuch naa karin
tera jana seene teer wangu wajda
mohalle vichon kuch naa karin'

He turned around and saw one of his cousin passing by with her Bluetooth speakers. His lips curved upwards a little, and he ruffled his hairs a little, thinking when did he became so whipped for her.

-🪷-

Chooda Ceremony

Chooda is a set of traditional bangles, mainly plain red bangles and white bangles with dots on them, which are combined to form a chooda. It contains 21 bangles in each set as this number is considered auspicious.

Chooda is gifted by the bride-to-be's maternal uncle (mama). During the chooda ceremony, bangles are purified by milk (Kachi Lassi) and then the uncle puts it on the bride's arm.

-🪷-

Kaleere

Umbrella-shaped golden hangings, worn with chooda on wedding day look very pretty. Kalire is tied to the bride-to-be after the chooda ceremony to wish the couple happiness and an everlasting bond. Bride's sisters, her close friends and cousins tie them and wish for her prosperous life.

After the ceremonies were done, all the youngsters were eager to see the next bride. The bride makes her unmarried friends sit down on their knees and shakes her hands on their heads. It is presumed that if any part of the Kalire drops on any girls head she will soon get married.

"Why are you guys here, this is an all girls ceremony," huffed Roohi seeing Rutvik and Kabir joining them as well.

"Mai vi janna chaunda ha ke mera viah kadon hovega," argued Rutvik. Before the siblings duo could rip off each other's hair, the elders acted as mediators and convinced the girls to let Rutvik and Kabir join the fun game.

(I also want to know when will I get married.)

While shaking the kalire, Advita moved across the room but it didn't fall on anyone. Finally a piece fell down but surprisingly on Shrushti and Kabir together.

"Kal ko pata chala dulhe ka dost aur dulhan ki dost ek dusre ko pasand kar le!" Joked one of the aunty and everyone laughed at it, except four people.

(Who knows tommorow groom's bestfriend and bride's bestfriend will get together.)

Roohi was giving death glares to Kabir while Rutvik was annoyed because he didn't even knew why he felt irritated, afterall it was just a game, a joke, but why the hell it affected him.

-🪷-

Everyone was running around, time was slipping away like sand. Advita was in her room, getting ready, when she heard a knock on the door. She turned around happily to find Sneha, her Bhua.

"Kai huyo Bhua?" She asked, making sure everything was fine.

(What happened Bhua?)

"Kai koni huyo, bass mahri lado badi hogi, byah karwa jitti," she replied wiping a lone tear.

(Nothing, just my little doll grew up, wedding age.)

"Bhua-"

"Na chori na, koi rona dhona ki baat nahi. Dekh main thare liye kai lai," she said while giving her a box.

(No my girl noz nothing to cry about. See what did I bring you.)

Advita opened the box and squealed with happiness, "Bhua? Sneakers!?"

The box had a pair of sneakers, decorated with red velvet patches and embroidery floral laces.

"I got them specially made for you. I know how much my bachcha hates heels and sandals."

Advita hugged her and showered her face with little pecks here and there, "You are the best Bhua! I love you!"

-🪷-

Kabir took a breath of relief when he finally found Roohi. He walked towards her, "Roohi listen-"

"Say whatever you want to, to Shrushti," she frowned and started walking away.

"Come with me."

"Ask Shrushti."

"We need to go to Rudra."

"Take Shrushti."

"BEHEN TU HAI DULHE KI! SHRUSHTI NAHI!"

(You are groom's sister, not Shrushti.)

Roohi flinched at the sudden raise of voice, but suddenly got embarrassed because of her own illogical behaviour.

"Y-yeah am coming."

"Roohi wait," Kabir grabbed her wrist, "I didn't mean to raise my voice. Listen, I don't know whatever that happened in the morning, what it means, but what I am sure of is that iss Shrushti mein yeh Kabir ki roh roh mein sirf ek hi ladki thi, hai aur rahegi. Nobody can replace her."

(....in this world, there is, there was and there will be only one girl in this Kabir's soul.....)

"A-and who's that g-girl?"

"We are getting late, let's go," he walked away rubbing his ears that felt hot, and became red.

-🪷-

Sehra Bandi

A "Sehra" is a floral headgear made of tiny garlands, and "Bandi" is tied. Hence the act of tying this floral accessory around the groom's head right before he leaves to tie the knot is called "Sehra Bandi".

Roohi entered the room and saw Rudransh all ready for the big day. She walked towards him

and touched the sides of his head with both hands and then similarly touched her own head with curled fingers, signifying transfer of all woes, and troubles to herself.

Roohi tied his sehra and left to see the preparations, not before putting a kohl dot behind his ears, to ward off any evil eyes.

Kabir noticed the trembling hands of Rudransh, "Bhai? Kya hua? You were waiting for this since eternity, what happened now?"

(Brother? What happened?...)

"It will be all good, right? I will be a good partner, I will take care of her, haina?" He asked nervously.

"Don't worry, everything will be fine." He tried to calm him down.

"And god forbids, but if something like that happens, if you make her sad, she will divorce you, simple." Teased Kabir.

"D-DIVORCE!? Mera ghar basa bhi nahi hai aur tu tudwane ki baatein kar raha hai?"

(I am not even married and you are talking about divorce?)

"Relax. Everything will be fine. Come out, we need to leave."

-🪷-

Baraat Nikasi

A baraat is a celebratory wedding procession for the groom involving live music and dancing.

After doing the tilak and aarti, Rudransh sat on the decorated horse. Lavish lighting, DJ, relatives and family and friends dancing - the perfect baraat.

As they reached the venue, Rudransh was stopped at the entrance. He was told to hit the 'toran' at the entrance with his sword. He was then welcome by her mother-in-law, Radhika with tika and aarti.

She just had her hand near his face when Kabir pulled him back, "Kaki hukum, naak toh ladke walo ki bhi unchi hai, aise kaise khichne denge."

(Aunt, we are also the groom's side. Our pride is big too. We won't let you pull groom's nose.)

"Reet riwaz hai beta," argued one of the ladies.

(It's a ritual.)

"Naji naji, itni aasani se toh nahi jhukenge," fought Rutvik.

(No no, it won't be this easy)

After a few minutes of Rudransh being pulled back and forth by his cousins and friends, and she trying to pull his nose, he asked his friends to leave him.

"Maa, aapki beti lene aaya hu, naak chodiye, jaan mangate toh wo bhi de deta," saying this he bent down a little moving his face forward.

(Mum, I am here to take your daughter, leave alone nose, you could have even asked for my life i would have gjven that.)

Everyone from the bride's side went 'oohs' and 'ahs' while the groom's side sulked.

After the welcoming of guests, Rudransh was seated on stage while Kanika went to fetch Advita.

Everyone was waiting for the bride, but the most impatient was the groom. "Mummy, kitni der lag rahi hai. Shayad bhul gaye honge bhabhi ki kyu gaye the. Main java? Main chetti le aavanga," pleaded the poor soul.

(Mom, they are taking so much time. Maybe they forget why did they go for. May I go? I'll fetch soon.)

Everyone else burst into laughter while he scratched his neck in utter confusion.

"Oo khoteya, sabar ni kar sakda?" Teased his father.

(Idiot, why are you so impatient?)

"Tauda viah ho gaya, mera hun baki si. And I was just concerned about the muhurat. Muhurat nikal jayega, aur kuch nahi."

(Your marriage was done long ago, mine is still left......... -auspicious time. Auspicious time will be over soon.)

"Yeah yeah bhai, if you say so." Said Rutvik.

Between the chitters and chatters, while everyone was laughing, Rudransh's whole body stopped. His world stopped. His eyes landed on the girl coming towards the stage, wearing a red lehenga, veil covering her face, walking like a fierce lioness, looking nothing less than a queen, his queen. His raani saa.

His face scrunched when he saw her pause at the stairs. And then he noticed his friends and cousins laid all over the stage.

"Bhabhi, nek liye bina nahi jayenge yaha se," said Rutvik.

(Bhabhi, we won't leave until we get some tip)

"Ek toh humari ladki de rahe hai, upper se nek aur chahiye? Lalach ki had kaha hai?" Bombarded Shrushti.

(We are sending our girl, and you want money as well? What is the limit of your greediness?)

"Lalach toh lalach hi sahi. Nek liye bina hum nahi jayenge," Rutvik was adamant too.

(Fine. We are greedy. We won't leave without some money.)

Seeing that the situation wasn't going to end soon, the restless Mr. Groom jumped in. Rudransh stood from his seat and started dragging Rutvik and Kabir from the stage, "Utaro jaldi sare. Muhurat ki chinta hi nahi hai kisiko. Nek ke chakkar mein muhurt nikal gaya toh shadi nahi hogi meri! Bhago!"

(Get down you all. You don't think about the auspicious time. For your tip the auspicious time will get over, and if that happens my wedding won't happen! Go away!)

"Aaj samaj aaya ravan ko kaisa laga hoga jab vibhishan ne dhoka diya tha. Sharam nahi aai apko bhai se gadari kar ke," Rutvik wiped his fake tears.

(Now I know how Ravan must have felt when his brother, Vibhishan betrayed him. Aren't you ashamed to betray your own brother)

"Nahi aai! Mummy utaro sabko niche!" And like this Rudransh pushed everyone else from the stage and the garland exchange ceremony was started.

(No, I didn't feel ashamed. Mom, get them down!)

They both were standing facing each other, holding a garland. Advita was the first one to put the garland around his neck, and then Rudransh.

"Ek baat kahe aap se?" Asked Rudransh.

(Can i say something?)

"Kuch farmana chahte hai?" Came Advita's reply.

(You want present somthing?)

"Apko kaise pata chala?"

(How do you know?)

"Taiyar hui hu itna. Yeh haq toh banta hai!"

(I dolled up so much. Its my right!)

He chuckled softly, "Bilkul thik kaha. Toh suniye"

(Very true. So listen)

"Ji sunaiye," she turned to face him.

(Yes, say)

"Apke gaalon ko chum
Uff! Woh jhumka bhi sharma gaya,
Noor badhati haaye
Apke mathe ki yeh bindiya,
Jab se kia hai aapka dedar
Aapane toh jaise humara
Dil kaid hi kar liya"

Advita blushed and turned red from the roots of her hair, to her ears. He was definitely good with words.

After a second she abruptly turned all serious and looked at him again, "Aap mana kar sakte the shadi ke liye, marna kyu chahte hai mujhe?"

(You could have said no for this marriage, why do you want to kill me?)

His face turned pale with confusion written all over, "J-ji maine kya kiya?"

(W-what did I do?)

"Aise aise shabd, shayario se aap dil ki dhadkane badha denge toh heart attack nahi aa jayega mujhe?"

(The rate at which your words and shayaris accelerate my heartbeats, won't I get a heart attack?)

The moment he registered her words, he blushed crimson. Guy was too flustered to say something.

-🪷-

After the ceremony, photo sessions began and soon after everyone was off for dinner.

After the dinner everyone was preparing for the pheres.

Advita and Rudransh were sitting on front of the fire diety, agni, who is the witness of the auspicious union.

The yagna started with the priest chanting mantras. Now it was time for the kanyadan. Shekhar ji was asked to give Advita's hand to Rudransh, that is, for the kanyadan rite. While he was at it, Amar ji stopped him.

He stood up and went near Rudransh, "I am also handing over my son to your daughter."

A smile spread on everone's face with this small gesture. Now, both of them gave their children's hand to the other.

The ritual of Panigrahana comes after Kanyadana. It is the 'holding the hand' ritual, as a symbol of the bride and groom's impending marital union.

The next was gathbandhan. It was done by Roohi.

The priest then requested the couple to stand up. As they stood, the priest made them recite the seven vows of marriage with seven steps. Each step had a vow. The vows to complete each other and each other's family, to be loyal to each other, and to be there for each other in all the ups and downs of life.

The couple was now asked to take the four rounds around the sacred fire. These four rounds, char phere, signify dharm (righteousness), arth (economic development), kam (sensual enjoyment) and moksha (liberation). For the first three rounds guy will walk ahead but for the last one girl will be ahead. This shows that the first three can be handled by the man but for the moksha, a man will always need a woman to lead.

Rudransh and Advita were back to their places and now he had fill her hairline with sindoor (vermilion) and make her wear mangalsutra (nupital chain). He took some sindoor on a silver coin and brought his hand near her head and stopped right there, "I don't know what you thought, but whatever i said to Anikka in the morning, i meant each and every word. Whatever it was before, doesn't matter. But now onwards, neither Rudransh nor his family is complete without Advita." And he filled her hairline with sindoor.

He took the mangalsutra and dipped his head ahead to tie it around her neck. She whispered in his ears, "From today onwards, i promise to give this marriage and this family my hundred percent."

They looked into each other's eyes and a warm smile spread through their faces.

"Vivah sammpan hua," declared the priest. Both the families congratulated each other.

(Marriage is done)

-🪷-

"Joote tere pass hi hai na?" Kabir inquired with Rutvik.

(You have the shoes right?)

"Ha. Yeh dekho," he said showing a box, "Par yeh log joote lene ki koshish bhi nahi kar rahe. Bhool gaye kya ki joote lene hote hai?"

(Yes. See,..... But these people aren't trying to take the shoes. Did they forgot they have to steal them?)

"There must be some strategy. I guess they failed, wedding is done. We are almost winners. But still you stay alert," warned Kabir.

As the newly wed walked out from the mandap, Rutvik gave Rudransh his shoes but Advita was still searching for hers here and there.

"What happened?" Inquired Rudransh.

"I cannot find my shoes," replied Advita.

"Here are your shows!" Squealed Yuvika, Bhavya and Shrushti.

"Give me my shoes back!"

"Uh-huh! Jijaji, apki dharmpatni ki joote chahiye toh ek lakh ek hazar ek sau ek ruppe nikaliye," chirped Shrushti.

(Uh-huh! Jijaji, if you want your wife's shoes back then give us one lakh one thousand one hundred and one rupees)

"Ja ke ache se basics padh ke aao wapas. Dulhe ke jotte lene hote hai dulhan ke nahi!" Argued Rutvik.

(Go and read the basics again. Groom's shoes are stolen not bride's)

"Jijaji, aap jawab dijiye. Aap dono ka vivah sampann ho gaya?" Asked Yuvika.

(Jijaji, you tell us, are you two married now?)

"Hanji, ho gaya," Rudransh palyed along as well.

(Yes we are)

"Toh ab aap dono ek hi?"

(So now you both are one?)

"Vachan toh yehi liye the"

(Yeah that is what we promised)

"Toh bass, jab aap dono ek hi hai, toh aapke joote ya Adi ke joote, ek hi baat hai. Ab aap nek de do bass."

(Exactly, so now when you two are one, then doesn't matter its yours or Adi's shoes, one and the same thing. You just give us money)

"Sali ji, aapki buddhimatta ke kayal zaroor huve ham, lekin ek lakh kuch jyada nahi ho jayega? Thodi toh daya karo," bargained Rudransh.

(Sali ji, I am very impressed by your intelligence, but isn't this amount too much? Mercy please)

"Veereji tussi brahmarakshas kul mein paida nahi huve the! Kya bar bar vibhishan ban rahe ho!" Rutvik stomped his foot in annoyance, but he was ignored.

(Brother, you weren't born in the brahmarakshas clan! Why are you being a vibhishan every now and then!)

"Kam toh ek paisa bhi nahi hoga, paise de do aur apni shrimati ke joote le lo. Aap kya chahate hai Adi nange peir chale?" Bhavya declared.

(We won't reduce a penny, give money and take your wife's shoes. You want her to walk bare foot?)

Rudransh thought for a moment and then whispered something in Advita's ear. After a nod from her, he looked at the girls with an evil smirk.

Everyone's eyes widdened as Rudransh picked up Advita in his hands, and went inside the palace, with everyone following behind. As he entered the palace he gently placed her down.

"Lo ji, jutte ki zaroorat hi nahi padi aur meri shrimati nange peir bhi nahi chali," announced Rudransh. The groom's side triumphed. Rutvik whistled and dance like crazy while the bride's side sulked.

(See, shoes were not needed and my wife didn't walked bare foot as well)

Seeing her friends losing Advita stepped in, "I want my shoes back!"

"Par ab kyu chahiye?" Asked Rudransh.

(What is the need now?)

"I don't care. These shoes are important to me and I want them. That't it. Are you getting them for me?" She asked ever so innocently.

Rudransh asked for his phone. After a moment he looked up at Advita and smiled at her making her all confused. He turned towards the girls, "See. I have transferred not only one but three lakhs, three thousands and thirty one rupees. Happy? Hun meri votti te joote wapas deyo."

(Now give my wife's shoes back)

"Behen yar bhag khul gaye hai tere!' saying this Shrushti drew her hands over the heads of the couple and then cracked the fingers over her own temples, "have a happy married life."

(Sister, what a fate you have!)

As the vidai was to be done from Advita's home in Mumbai, everyone was to leave for Mumbai the next morning. And hence Rudransh and Advita were to sleep in different rooms.

-🪷-

Rudransh was sulking in his room when the door creaked open revealing Roohi and Rutvik.

"What are you guys doing here," he asked irritated.

"Oo bhai! Hum pe kyu baras rahe ho, humne thodi apki shrimati ko apse dur kiya hai," replied Rutvik.

(Why are you scolding us, we are not the ones who took your wife away from you)

"Veerji, come on let's watch a movie to cheer you up!" Suggested Roohi.

'First night of your marriage, watching movie with your siblings. Just great,' taunted his inner soul.

As Roohi was surfing through the channels she stopped on a channel excitedly, "Bhai Gadar! Your favourite movie!"

But as soon as she stopped on the channel, pin drop silence prevailed in the room.

'Yeh chhoti si zindagi te
Raatan lambiyan lambiyan
Oh ghar aaja pardesi
Ke teri meri ek zinddee
Oh ghar aaja pard-'

Before the song could play any longer, Rudransh snatched the remote and turned it off while the duo laughed at the coincidence.

"Just get out! I am tired and going to sleep!" Announced Rudransh.

"Aaj kaha se tired? Aaj toh kuch kiya hi nahi hai-" Before Rutvik could utter anything further, Rudransh shut him up with his death glares, "GET. OUT. Before I kick you two out of the jayadad, just get lost!"

(Tired? Today? You did nothing of the sort to be tired-)

He took a shower to relax and went to sleep while playing one of his favorite songs to sleep.

On the other side, Advita stepped out of her heavy lehenga, changed into some casuals and plomped herself on the bed. She grabbed her phone and thought of listening to the radio. She opened the radio and turned it on and the song that played brought a smile on her face. Smiling, she closed her eyes and called it a day.

'Saari saari raat jagayein
Mujhako teri yaadein
Mere saare geet bane
Mere dil ki fariyaadein
Oh ghar aaja pardesi
Ke teri meri ek zinddee
Oh ghar aaja pardesi
Ke teri meri ek zinddee'

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

39.9K 2.5K 23
Impressive rankings : #1 ranasa #7 loveaftermarraige #88india #10 royallove #3rana Abhimaan Singh Rathore : A rude , arrogant king of Rajasthan . Col...
3.5M 112K 63
Just a simple love story between a couple arranged for marriage. It's ONLY a feel good book from my side without any unnecessary drama or plotting ye...
581K 26.8K 55
Aisha Agarwal An ambivert who loves code and books. Lazy, foodie and oblivious. Three words which perfectly describes her. Atharva Singh Rathore A cr...
378K 18K 80
Rudraksh Singh Rathore (age-25) The hukum of Rajasthan, and the CEO of the Rathore empire that is a billion dollar company ,Drop dead gorgeous , girl...