Trolls: How (Not) To Babysit...

By Crystal_trolls_fan

With Branch and Poppy needing a break from their overwhelming duties, Branch's brothers all volunteer to baby... More

~Chapter 1~
~Chapter 2~
~Chapter 3~
~Chapter 4~
~Chapter 5~
~Chapter 6~
~Chapter 7~
~Chapter 8~
~Chapter 9~
~Chapter 10~
~Epilogue~

~Prologue~

803 20 88
By Crystal_trolls_fan

This is the story about 4 brothers-

"And don't forget about-" Bruce was about to cut in.

"I was getting to that!" John Dory huffed.

This is the story about 4 brothers and their niece who was a princess-

"With magical abilities!" Clay exclaimed.

"Yes! With magical abilities, now can John continue?" Floyd sighed.

Clay and Bruce remained quiet and gave them a thumbs up.

"Thank you, now where was I?.....That's right" John Dory pointed to where he was reading.

The day started with their youngest brother Branch and their sister in law Poppy who were having difficulties keeping up with their royal duties, it was a lot to handle -

"Tell me about it! The list was super long!" Clay said.

"Clay!" John Dory yelled.

Clay quickly covered his mouth "Sorry".

With the many royal tasks the couple had to do they were struggling to complete them while looking after their daughter

"Poppy? Where did you put Crystal's sippy cup?" Branch was frantically searching the kitchen.

"It's in the 5th cupboard on the right!" Poppy said while trying to sort through a mountain of invitations and requests.

Branch found the sippy cup letting out a sigh of relief and filling up the cup with formula milk, quickly handing it to his daughter in his hair.

"There you go sweetie" he looked up and smiled at her seeing her happily drinking her milk.

"Branch! DJ wants your help to fix her water pipes again" Poppy called out.

"I'll have to do it later, I'm fixing up Growley Pete's favourite chair" Branch sighed.

After Crystal finished her milk she crawled out of her father's hair to see what was going on.

"Hey Crystal, did you finish your milk?" He gave her a tired smile.

She cooed and reached for the floor, wanting to be put down.

"Only for a few minutes ok?" Branch gently put his daughter on the ground in her play area.

But as soon as he turned his back for one second a crackling frosty sound could be heard, he only just discovered a few weeks ago that his daughter was born with the magical gift to create ice and snow and she was still in the learning stages on how to control it. He turned to see she had accidentally frozen her plushie she was playing with, she teared up ready to cry.

"No no no frosting!" He gently picked her up, trying to soothe his daughter.

"Shhhh it's ok sweetie it'll melt on its own. Here, play with bunny-bun" Branch gave Crystal her favourite comfort toy which seemed to calm her down.

"Just stay in my hair for now, I promise you can play later" He gently put her back in his hair.

"That's the 3rd time this week she's accidentally frozen a toy" Poppy sighed tiredly.

"She'll learn to control her magic eventually, for now how about I start making lunch?" Branch suggests.

"Thank you, I'm craving food so much right now and I only have a quarter of these done" Poppy layed back covering her face from exhaustion.

"You're doing well, take a break if you need to" Branch placed a small kiss on her cheek.

"I'll be ok I'll take a break when lunch is ready" Poppy continued sorting through the endless pile.

"Please do so, I don't want you to overwork yourself even more" Branch expressed his concerns.

"I will, don't worry" Poppy gave him a reassuring smile.

Branch looked in the pantry for ingredients to cook with but there wasn't a whole lot, he would usually get enough stock for about a month but it's almost been a month since he needed to buy stuff from the market, he sighed and checked the fridge and there was leftovers from last night which would do for now. He heated the pizza in the oven while it wasn't the best lunch it was food so he didn't mind. He made his daughter's mashed apple and peach puree, her favourite that didn't require the "airplane" or the "caterbus" technique to get her to eat it.

After the last tweaks on Growley Pete's chair, it was finished, the chair and the pizza that was in the oven . He carefully grabbed the pizza slices and placed them onto the plate.

"Finally, lunch is ready Poppifer" Branch called out to her.

"Yay pizza! Thank you!" She immediately got out if her chair and sat down at the table.

"I'll get more food at the shops tomorrow" Branch sighed as he grabbed Crystal out of his hair and gently placed Crystal in her purple high chair .

Crystal cooed seeing her favorite food, suddenly her nose felt itchy and she let out a tiny but powerful sneeze that caused her parents just made pizza lunch to be covered in frost and ice.

They both remained silent for a moment before Branch took a deep breath through his nose.

"I just need a five minute break, I'll be back" He sighed in slight frustration as he went to the bedroom and closed the door.

Poppy grabbed a tissue for her daughter and gently patted her nose.

"AHHHHH!!!!" Poppy heared Branch scream into a pillow, most likely from frustration of how stressful the afternoon was getting.

Crystal looked slightly concerned as she heard her father's yell.

"It's alright sweetie, I'm sure daddy will be ok" She went to clean up the table the best she could, all she could do was was wait for the magical ice to melt on its own.

"Wassup Poppy and little br- woah what happened?" John Dory and his brothers showed up.

"Hi John, right now isn't a good time, everything is a bit of a mess right now" Poppy sighed tiredly.

"So the frosted food isn't normal?" Clay questioned before Bruce hit the back of his head.

"Crystal just sneezed and Branch is taking a short break, we've been both working a lot with the village getting busier and looking after Crystal it's just-" Poppy rambled.

"A lot of work?" Floyd finished her sentence.

"Yeah, I just don't know how much longer me and Branch can take of our duties while looking after Crystal" Poppy said.

John Dory thought for a moment, he remembered the days of looking after Branch so they all had experience in looking after a baby, sure their youngest brother didn't have magical abilities but it was no tough challenge for the legendary brozone brothers right? A light bulb went off on top of his head.

"How about we babysit Crystal for you?" John Dory suggested.

"What?" Poppy looked surprised.

"What?" Bruce, Clay and Floyd also looked surprised.

"What?!" Branch came out of the bedroom to face his brothers.

"Yeah I mean we have experience in looking after kids so why not?" John Dory smiled.

"Absolutely not! I'm not going to let you guys babysit her! Just getting one of you to babysit her ended in disaster" Branch explained.

"That's because it was only one of us! If it's all of us she'll have at least 4 sets of eyes watching her" John Dory said proudly.

"Plus it would give you both time to relax" Bruce added.

"We can't, we still have so much to do" Poppy sighed.

"We can handle the rest of your royal tasks as well!" Clay smiled.

"No way! You can't just juggle both like we can" Branch said.

"Me and Bruce can keep an eye on Crystal, Floyd and Clay can tackle the royal tasks" John Dory explained.

Poppy thought for a moment, it would be nice to finally have a break.

"Poppy! You can't seriously be thinking about this" Branch held her hand.

"Branch we're exhausted and we could use a break" Poppy pointed out.

"What if something goes wrong?" Branch asked.

"Then I'm sure they'll be able to solve the problem on their own" Poppy replied.

Branch looked down for a moment before sighing, he grabbed a scroll and quickly wrote down anything and everything they needed to know about Crystal's routine.

"Fine but only for 1 day ok? This is her list of everything she needs, her time schedule for her naps and what to do in different scenarios if she accidentally activates her magic, her favourite foods, what she doesn't like-" Branch explained before being interrupted by a pat on the shoulder.

"Relax little bro we've got everything under control" John Dory reassured him.

"Plus I'm sure Crystal has missed spending time with her favourite uncle" Bruce pointed out.

"I thought I was her favorite" Floyd was confused.

"She loves us all equally guys although if it was a contest I definitely would win" Clay said proudly.

"Guys enough,  just please take good care of her for us?" Poppy looked at them.

"Don't worry, she'll be fine, as John said we've got this all under control" Bruce said.

"Ok, thank you so much" Poppy thanked.

Poppy picked Crystal up from her high chair and turned her around so she was facing her.

"Ok sweetie, mommy and daddy will be back tomorrow, be good for your uncles ok?" Poppy nuzzled her nose against Crystal's causing her to giggle.

"Yeah it won't be for too long, we'll be back as soon as we can" He gently kissed his daughter's forehead before Poppy handed her over to Floyd, Poppy and Branch waved goodbye to their daughter, leaving the pod.

"Are you sure we can handle this John?" Floyd asked.

"1000 percent! Besides, how hard could it be looking after a magical baby while also finishing royal tasks?" John Dory smiled proudly.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

53.5K 910 19
These are short Broppy stories that can take place either before the movie (when Branch is grey) or after the movie (when Branch is blue) or it can b...
17K 451 17
Set after Band together, Branch is living with some of his brothers in the bunker when he discovers that he is having a baby. Once the realization hi...
3.9K 124 25
๐™๐™Š๐™ˆ๐˜ผ๐™‰๐˜พ๐™€. ๐™๐™ƒ๐™๐™„๐™‡๐™‡๐™€๐™ (ON HOLD) In a perfect world, Queen Poppy had it all. A devoted kingdom, loyal friends, family, and the...