The Insane New Hunter | Rwby...

By JukoThe10-Tails

Y/n, a name no one has ever heard of, but they'll soon know it. For he will be known as the Batshit Hunter. A... More

For Wattpad (Policy Changes Update)
Bio (Minor Spoilers)
Harem (Spoilers)
Quick Note Before the Story
✨Main Focus On Story ✨
________________ Volume 1 ________________
Ch. 1 | Entrance arc | To Beacon Academy!
Ch. 2 | Entrance arc | Time For The Initiation Exam!
Ch. 3 | Entrance arc | Are you nuts? Is that a trick question?
Ch. 4 | Entrance arc | A Peak Into the Insanity

Ch. 5 | School Days Arc | First Day of Class

574 10 29
By JukoThe10-Tails

A/n: just to clear up any possible confusion you might have, as this question did pop up. Yes, I'm covering up to volume 9 (as of writing this at 12/11/23), with some changes here and there. After that, I haven't really decided. If volume 10 comes out by then, I might write it, but we'll see. As of right now, I have up to 9 planed out........ sorta........ ok more than sorta, but I know what I want to happen. Depending on what happens, I might end up coming up with my own storyline/s after that and make my own ending.

An Interesting Night

[Same Day: Nighttime]

It's only been a few hours since the ending of the exam. All the new students were given their dorms. Many students took this time to get set up, while others decided to push it off to the next day. As the camera pans around, we look into one room in particular. As we get a better look into the darkened room, we can see 5 beds that just barely fit into this little room. We can see that 4 of them had the members of Team RWBY sleeping on them, while the 5th bed appeared smaller than the rest and was moved to the front of the room, away from the others. In it, we can see the hero of our story Y/n sleeping away like the rest. He was sleeping calmly and peacefully on his back, but this didn't last, as the boy begins to stir. As his legs begin to fidget, he grips the sheets and his breath slowly becomes labored. Now his whole body begins to fidget as he begins to sweat. He grips the sheets around his chest, as if he's trying to catch his breath. To anyone else, it almost looks like he's having a heart attack. However, as this is happening, a strange black flame like wisp comes into the room through the window. It then floats towards Y/n and when it reaches him, it gently strokes his cheek in a soothing manner. Not unlike how a mother would her own child.

???: in a ghostly female voice, "soooooon." the boy struggles more, "shshshhh, hush now and rest."

The black flame slows its movement to more softly and soothingly stroke the boys cheek. As it does this, it seems to have an effect on the boy as he begins to relax more. His fidgeting stops, and his breathing becomes more relaxed.

???: the same ghostly voice, "there there, sleeeep young one. There's much you for you to do."

Y/n: a single tear runs down his cheek, "m-mom."

???: she lets out a soft chuckle, "we'll meet, one day, but you're not ready. Get stronger and destroy whoever stands in your away but for now, rest......... my darling boy."

The black flame then begins to fade away, with the female voice letting out a small but evil chuckle. With it now completely gone, it's almost as if the boy could sense its presence is missing as he suddenly jolts up.

Y/n: "mom!"

With labored breath, the boy looks around and sees he's still in Team RWBYs room. Realizing he actually said that out loud, he quickly looks at the girls and sees they are still fast asleep. Seeing as they didn't wake up, he grips his shirt in an attempt to steady his breathing. When he finally slows his breathing, he notices something wet run down his cheek. He raises his hand and touches the wet spot. When he looks at his head, he sees that it is a tear. Forming a fist, he quickly wipes his eyes to get rid of any other tear that still might be there. After sitting there for a while, he decided to go to the bathroom to wash his face. Right as he passes by their beds and shuts the bathroom door, he doesn't notice a certain black haired girl was awake as she opened her eyes and looks at the bathroom door.

In the bathroom, we can see him leaning over the still wet sink. When he looks into the mirror, we can see his face is still wet from the water he splashed on his face. As the water drips from his face and hair, he looks at himself intensely. As he does so, for just a split second, his face was covered his blood. He has a crazed smile on his face but faster than a blink of an eye, he returned to normal. Then the low muffled screams of people in pain can be heard, followed by something crashing, windows breaking, flesh being ripped apart. It slowly gets louder and louder, causing him to quickly cover his ears. In some vain attempt to silence the noises in his head, but it wasn't working. However, they just as suddenly stopped. He slowly removes his hands from his ears in confusion. Deciding not to look a gift horse in the mouth, he decided to leave the bathroom to try to go asleep, but as seen as he opens the door. He sees Blake standing there in her nightgown. She looks at him with a slight blush on her face, while his own grows.

* https://www.pinterest.com/pin/457467274653986110/

Y/n: in a hush tone, "h-hi, Blake. What are you doing up, this late?"

Blake: trying not to stare at his chest that his tank top is only highlighting, in the same hush tone, "I-I noticed you got up pretty fast and got worried. Is everything alright?"

Y/n: hush tone, "huh? O-oh yeah. Of course there's nothing to worry about. You know, new environment and all."

Blake: narrows her eyes slightly, "he's lying. I know what I heard, but I don't know him well enough to even have the right to ask or pressure him further." hush tone, "i-if that's the case, then I may have an idea that might help."

Y/n: "hmm?"

Now we see Y/n laying in his bed, facing towards the wall, but he noticeably has a huge blush on his face. As the camera begins to pan, we can see why. Right behind him was Blake, hugging him  tightly from behind with an equally red face.

Blake: "WHAT THE HELL WAS I THINKING?!?! I DIDNT MEAN TO SUGGEST SOMETHING LIKE THIS..... FUUUUUCK!!" her eyes begin to swirl/turn into spirals, "FUCK FUCK FUCK, HIS SCENT! ITS DRIVING ME ABSOLUTELY NUTS!!"

Y/n: turns slightly to look at Blake, "y-you don't have to do this, you know Blake. I'll be fine. I'm sure you're uncomfortable with this."

Blake: "DAH HELL I AM!!! Great, now I'm starting to sound like Yang?/i-it's ok. I'm fine, really. My mom once told me that this was a good way to help those who are uncomfortable with unfamiliar environments. She says it helps to have someone they know with them./course she never said anything about this. I need to calm down. Come on Blake, calm down. You're just helping a guy you barely know get some sleep. Yup, that's all. No ulterior motives at all." without even meaning to, her hands moved, which resulted in her touching his chest. Her face is even redder than before, "HOLY OUM, HES CHISELED!! You... you can grind meat on that." somehow her face turns a few shades redder as she's now imagining him shirtless, "CURSE MY FUCKING HORMONAL BRAIN!!! FUUUUUUCK YOU YANG!!!"

Turning her internal freak out, she accidentally pulled him closer. This caused her perky breasts to be pressed against his back, which made him blush even more. With so much stimulation, her blush became more flushed in nature as her breathing becomes more labored. She starts to rub against his back and chest more, as her leg starts to wrap around one of his. Her breathing becomes even more labored as she starts to feel her whole body begin to heat up until-

Y/n: "u-um, Blake?"

Hearing her name causes Blakes eyes to instantly shoot open. She quickly looks around and sees what she's doing. So she pulls away slightly and tries to calm herself done from whatever state she was just in.

Blake: "I need to calm down. Just calm down. Remember what mom taught you. Just breath, I need to slow down my breathing and slow my heart rate." slowly her breathing becomes more steady, "that's right, just breath. Slow and steady." she takes in a low inhale and lets out a soft exhale, "that's right, nice and easy." she lets out a small sigh of relief, "that was close. My urges almost got the best of me there." she then looks up and sees that Y/n has fallen fast asleep. She forms a soft smile on her face and rests her head on his back, "maybe one day he'll open up to me and maybe..... maybe I can open up to him but....... should I? Should I trust him? I barely even know him." her eyes slowly start to feel heavy, "never thought.... this would........ be..... so......... soothing."

As sleep begins to overpower her, she rests her head against his back and nuzzles against it. However, what the pair didn't know was that a certain blonde was wide awake and had a cheeky grin on her face.

Operation: Organize Room

[Next Day]

Blake slowly awakens from her sleep as she slowly begins to open her eyes and notices something odd. She opens her eyes even more and notices she's now face to face with Y/n. Her face turns a bright shade of red. Her mouth shoots wide open in shock as she does her best not to scream. She then notices something else, she is close to his face, very close. She looks down and notices his lips. She can feel her heart rate increase to the point she can almost hear it. She gulps as the sudden urge to get closer overcame her. She inches closer and closer, inch by inch. Her lips were so close that she could feel his slow and steady breaths on her lips. She closes her eyes as hear lips near his-

.

.

.

.

.

.

Until he suddenly stirred, causing her to jolt.

Blake: softly, "eep."

The boy slowly opens his eyes and sees the panicked look on Blakes face.

Y/n: he raises an eyebrow with his eyes struggling to open, in a sleepy tone, "Blaaaaaake?" finally able to open his eyes, he sees her near inches from his face, causing his to turn red, "uhhhh?"

Blake: "this isn't what it looks like. I wasn't trying to-i mean, why did you turn around?"

Y/n: "huh? But I didn't...... wait. If you're here. Then who's behind me?"

The boy then turns his head to look behind him, while Blake tries her best to look over him. The pair then see that Yang was sleeping behind him, in the same position Blake was when they fell asleep. Both were shocked to see her, but the sudden noise woke her up.

* https://twitter.com/mojojoj27827860/status/1074794770642329600?s=19

Yang: lets out a soft yawn, "morning."

Blake: "w-w-w-what a-a-are-"

Yang: "hehe, I couldn't help myself. You both looked so cute while you were sleeping." causing them to blush, "plus I wasn't going to let you get ahead of me that easy." causes Y/n to raise an eyebrow and Blake to pout, "besides, isn't it best we get to know each other, I mean really know each other." she formed a cheeky grin, which confused the pair until-

Blake: "ahhh." she quickly covered her mouth.

Yang: "you really have a nice butt, Blake. I got a good look at it during the exam, but now I really know how nice it was. hehe, you should call it your Bellabooty....." her grin gets even bigger, "you can grab mine if you want. I'm pretty confident in the size of my cheeks, too."

Blakes face turns red, but one of Yangs hands suddenly snaked around him and landed on his chest. She softly begins to rib it.

Yang: "damn, Y/n, you really do have a nice chest. It's nice and broad. Hehe your tank top really doesn't hide anything."

Y/n: blushes, "Y-Yang, what are you doing?"

Yang: "hehe, just having a little fun." she then pressed her big breasts against his back, causing his blush to get even redder, "hehe, for such a tough guy. You sure have really cuuute reactions...." but then she stops and rest her head on his back, "but tell me. Do you feel any better now?"

Both Blake and Y/n look at her in confusion. She looks up and rests her chin against his back. She forms a soft smile on her face as she looks at them.

Yang: "we may not have known each other long and everything was just forced onto us, but that doesn't mean we're not friends now. That means we can count on each other, no matter how big or small it may seem."

Y/n's eyes widen, but before anything more could happen. Ruby, wearing her school uniform, appears out of nowhere and blows a loud whistle as Weiss, scaring the absolute shit out of her and making her fall off of her bed.

* https://twitter.com/mojojoj27827860/status/1120449931247013888

Ruby: "good morningggggg, team RWBYYYYYYYY!...... and Y/nnnnnn!"

Weiss: still on the floor but sits up, "what in the hell is wrong with you?"

In the background, Blake, Yang, and Y/n sat up. Weiss happened to turn and sees the trio. She stares at them, noticing the blanket come off of them, their messy hair, Yangs strap slide down her shoulder to reveal some of her left breast, and Blakes ass in view. Her face slowly turns red, starting from her neck.

Weiss: points at them, "wha-wha-what are you t-t-three doing?! Don't tell me you were-"

Blake: "we were not!"

Yang: "phew, that was bold, even for me. Not really sure what came over me, but it's not like I didn't enjoy it. I think I may have just discovered something new about myself."

Weiss: crosses her arms with a raised eyebrow, "then why are you 3 in bed together?"

Ruby: shoots her arms into the air, "slumber part-blugh!"

Weiss: throws a pillow right at her face, "we sleep in the same room, you dolt!"

Ruby: removes the pillow and rubs the back of her head, "hehe, oh yeah."

Weiss: "moron." lets out a small huff before straightens up her clothes but then stares at the trio, "anyways, then tell me why are you 3 in the same bed together?"

Blake: nervously looks, away, "w-well....."

Yang: "you see......."

Y/n: "it's my fault. I was in an unfamiliar environment, so I struggled to get to sleep. Blake saw this and offered to sleep in the same bed as me. She said it was something to do with someone familiar to help someone mind..... or something like that. Yang heard and offered to help me out too." the pair look at him in surprise, but then smiled.

Weiss: lets out a sigh, "fiiiine. I guess that's alright, but you won't get very far as a hunter if you can't adjust to new environments. You do know that, right?" causing the boy to chuckle, "anyways, why did you do that Ruby?"

Ruby: "huh........ oh yeah. So we can start our first official order of business as a team."

Weiss: stands up and brushes herself off, "excuse me?"

Yang: "oooooh yeah. Decorating!"

Weiss & Y/n: "huu?"

Blake: "that's right, we still haven't unpacked..... and we need to clean."

Weiss doesn't look so enthused at all while Y/n is indifferent about the whole thing, as this isn't really his room, but then Ruby knocks Weiss back by blowing her whistle again.

Ruby: "aaaaaaaalright! Weiss, Blake, Yang and their fearless leader Ruby has begun their first mission!" raises her fist into the air, "banzai!"

Blake & Yang: does that same but opposite ends of Ruby, "banzai!"

* But Blake and Yang are still in their nightgowns.

Yang: "oh, wait, we need to get dressed first."

Ruby: "right. After getting dressed!"

Y/n: "uhhhh and what about me?" causing the others to look at him.

Blake: "right. What can you do? I mean, this room is only temporary for you."

Ruby: "uhhhhh? Welp, let's just see what happens." causing the others to just let out a sigh.

After Blake, Yang, Weiss, and Y/n got changed into their school uniforms, a small montage plays. First we see Yang placing a poster of six guys in different poses called 'The Archive Men' on her part of the room. Weiss positions, a painting of the Forever Fall Forest to perfection and walks away. Blake is busy putting her books away in a nearby shelf. When she picks up one in particular called 'Ninjas of Love' her eyes widen and quickly looks around before then, just as quickly, puts it away. Ruby then takes out her weapon and slices the curtains at a near perfect diagonal, slicing that part clean off. With all the chaos going on, Y/n manages to move his bed to a little corner. He even managed to get a small little dresser at the foot of his bed and a small beside table with a clock on it. Since he has so little to do now, he just sits there and watches the events unfold before him.

With everything now done, a quick camera pan around the room that finally ends with the girls admiring their handiwork, with Y/n just sitting in the background. However, they all notice a not so small problem.

Weiss: "thiiiiiis.... isn't going to work."

Blake: "it's...... a little cramped."

Y/n: "sorry."

All 4 girls quickly turn their heads to their right and saw Y/n sitting on his bed. They looked around and saw he positioned his bed in the corner, had a small dresser at the foot of his bed and a small bedside table. They then look at him sitting there while drinking a can of some kind of juice

Blake: "how?"

Weiss: "when did?..."

Yang: "how the?...."

Ruby: "where did?...."

Y/n: "oh. I didn't have much to begin with. So it was pretty easy to organize my stuff."

Weiss: "no.... well that, but we meant, how did you move all of that stuff without us even noticing?"

Yang: "now that I think about it, I don't think I saw him carry anything with him."

Blake: "wait, did he even bring anything into this room?"

Y/n: "look, I can be stealthy...... I just choose not to be."

Blake, Weiss, & Yang: "I highly doubt that."

Y/n: "man, where's the faith." causing them to laugh.

Weiss: "you're as subtle as a wrecking ball in a glass museum." causing him to pout and the others to laugh.

Ruby: trying to hold it in, "so you travel lite?"

Y/n: "huh? Oh, you can say that but on to more important matters. What are you girls going to do about all of that?"

Yang: "ummmmm, maybe we can ditch a few things?"

Ruby: "or we can ditch these boring beds...... and replace them with bunk beds!" shoots her arms into the air.

Weiss: "that doesn't sound like a good idea."

Yang: "it's super awesome!"

Blake: "it does seem very efficient and space effective."

Y/n: "well, I don't really have a say in the matter."

Weiss: "well, with the exception of Y/n, should we put it up to a vote?"

Ruby: "I think we just did. hehe."

The camera pans around, it stops at each one of the girls and as it does so, a ding like sound is heard but then a buzz. It shows Blake with a thumbs up, Yang rocking the double rocker gesture, and Weiss angrily curling her fists to her side. With the matter now settled, they rush to the beds. The sounds of jackhammers and sawing fills the air, with Y/n watching the whole thing with a sweat drop forming on his head. The team then rushes back to where they were before and look at their handy work.

Y/n: his eyebrow twitches, "thaaaat doesn't look safe, and that's saying something coming from me."

Ruby: "objective complete!"

Weiss' bed was simply on the floor next to her art and luggage. Blakes bed was next to her books, with some of which being used to raise up Yangs bed by placing them on the posts and finally Rubys. Her bed was hanging over Weiss' bed, using nothing more than ropes attacked to the ceiling and a blanket over it to form a tent.

Ruby: "alllllllllright! Our second order of business iiiiiiiiis!......." the room dramatically spins around her until she lands on her bed with a book on her lap, "class." pulls out a pencil, "with Y/n included we all have a few classes together today. At 9, we got to be at-"

Weiss: "WHAT?! Did you just say 9 o'clock?! Don't tell me you just said 9 o'clock!"

Ruby: "uuuhhhh, yeahhhh?...."

Weiss: "it's 8:55, you dunce!"

Weiss instantly rushes out of her room while holding her suitcase and ran down the hall as fast as she could. The other members of team RWBY and JNPR peeked their heads out from their respective doorways and watched her run down the hallowed halls of the academy.

Ruby: flabbergasted but still amazed at the same time, "to class!"

Ruby then rooms out of her room, followed by Yang, and then Blake.

Jaune: "class?"

However, Jaune loses his balance and ends up toppling over Nora, Pyrrha and Ren, with them landing on top of him. He somehow manages to get out from under them and runs at top speed.

Jaune: "we're gonna be late!"

Pyrrha Struggles to get up for a second, but then a hand out reaches for her. She sees the hand and looks up

Y/n: "need a hand?"

Pyrrha: a small blush forms, "well, I would be rude if I didn't accept your help."

She then gently places her hand onto his. He grabs hold of her hand and helps her up, but he used a little more strength than he meant to. This causes her to stumble a bit and land on his chest. He held on to her by having his hand on her waist while also still holding her hand. She looks up and seeing his face, so close, causes her to blush. Which, in turn, causes him to blush as well.

Y/n: "i-i'm sorry."

Pyrrha: "n-no. It's my fault."

The pair then split apart with blushes still on their faces, but when they noticed the others have left them behind. They look at each other and chuckle, before darting off in the same direction.

In the courtyard, we can see Ozpin and Glynda standing there and watching the 2 team rush towards their classroom, followed by Pyrrha and Y/n. Glynda looks at her watch while Ozpin takes a sip out of his bottomless cup and tea..... or coffee or whatever he has in there.

First Class of The Day

[Mini Timeskip]

Now we see into a classroom. As the camera pans down, we can see an axe-blunderbuss weapon hanging on the wall over a large white chalkboard. As it continues to pan down, we see various different types of Grimm, for example King Taijitu, Death Stalker, Beowolf, Boarbatusk, Nevermore, and Ursa. As it continues to pan down, we see an elderly teacher name Peter Port giving a lecture to his class, tho lecture is used very loosely in this instance.

Port: "mooonsters! Deeeeemons....... prrrrrowlers of the night! The creatures of Grimm go by many names, but I'll merely refer to them as.... prey! ha-haaa!"

When the camera turns, we can see the members of team Rwby sitting on the front row. Each at varying stages of interest, Blake and Yang (shockingly) are sitting up and paying attention, Weiss was taking notes of everything he said and Ruby has her head resting in the palm of her hands, taking a quick nap. However, she was awoken by Ports really bad joke, which a mysterious cricket like sound can be heard.

Behind them was Y/n, who, like Ruby, was taking a nap, but he was leaning back with his arms crossed and head resting against the raised desk behind him. He was literally so boring that this man put the boy to sleep.

Port: "and you soon will as well. Once you finally graduate from this prestigious academy, that is! ah-haaa! Now.... what was I saying again? Ah, yes, Vale as well as the other 3 major kingdom are some of the few safe havens in this otherwise treacherous world of ours! Our planet is filled to the prrrrrrIM with monsters that would love nothing more to tear you to absolute shreds!" Y/n opens his eyes and looked down, "and that's where we come in, Huntsmen!..... and Huntresses...." he then winks at Yang, but she just groans in discomfort, "individuals who's sworn duty was to protect the innocent, those who can't protect themselves from these evil monsters! And any other rrrrrrouGH elements!"

Male Student: raises his fist into the air, "ayyyy-yup!" he stands there, but then sits back down in embarrassment.

Port: "that, my dear students, is what you're training to become, but first! One of the many tales of when I was a young but handsome man...." slowly his voice fades into the background of blah blahs.

Y/n: looks back at the ceiling, "yeah, I know all too well-" grips his arms tighter, "-at how cruel this world can be and how evil those monsters are."

Suddenly, a low volume of screaming can be heard by him. This screaming slowly gets louder and louder, causing him to close his eyes in pain, until-

[Flashback]

Y/n: turns slightly to look at Blake, "y-you don't have to do this, you know Blake. I'll be fine. I'm sure you're uncomfortable with this."

Blake: "i-it's ok. I'm fine, really. My mom once told me that this was a good way to help those who are uncomfortable with unfamiliar environments. She says it helps to have someone they know with them."

*Flash*

Yang: "we may not have known each other long and everything was just forced onto us, but that doesn't mean we're not friends now. That means we can count on each other, no matter how big or small it may seem."

[End of Flashback]

Suddenly, all the screaming just stops. All he can hear now is what's going on in the classroom, causing him to widen his eyes.

Y/n: "t-the hell? That's....... that's never happened before. What...... what made it stop?" quick flashes of Blake, then Yang crosses his mind, "did...... did they somehow?-"

When he looked down, he saw Ruby doing something, something she was very focused on. This is something even Weiss notices her doing. Choosing to focus on Ruby as whatever she's doing is 1000 times more interesting than this boring teacher talking about himself. He notices her chuckling at something that she then shows her teammates, but he couldn't see what it was. He raises an eyebrow, but then Ruby blows a quick raspberry. This causes Blake and Yang to chuckled, but Weiss looks annoyed. He lets out a small chuckle as well, at not just what's happening, but also at how close they are. Ruby notices him looking from the corner of her eye, so she shows him her drawing. It was a ball-with-limbs-and-a-head drawing of the teacher in front of them with stink marks coming off of him with the phrase 'professor poop' underneath it. Now that he knows the full context, he struggles not to laugh out loud. It was more of a struggle than he thought it would be.

* ahh, yes, before all the shit that happened. Before she lost that smile.

Port: "ahem!" pauses until he has everyone's attention, "in the end, the Beowolf was no match for my..... ssssssheeer teeeeeneacity, ah-haaa! Then I returned to my village with the beat in tow and my head held up high. I was a hero!"

Y/n: raises an eyebrow, "wait, don't Grim dis...... disen.....dis..... grrrr, turn to dust after killing them?"

Port then takes a bow, but Weiss slowly gets more and more annoyed by Rubys antics.

Port: "the moral of the story? A true huntsman must be honorable!" Ruby balances an apple on a book with her pencil held only by her finger while making a silly face, "they must be dependable!" Ruby again falls asleep, "they must be strategic, well-educated and wise!" Ruby not-so-subtly picks her nose.

Y/n: "hah, who needs a strategy when I can just punch them hard enough to they stop moving. And if they get back up...... hit them again and again. Never fails."

Port: "so who among you believe they embody these traits?"

Weiss: in eagerness, raises her hand, "I do sir!"

Port: "very well, then. Let's find out!" he then gestures to a cage behind him, inside were glowing red eyes. The creature inside was shaking the cage in anger, "step forth and meet your opponent!"

Weiss: "gladly."

Port: "but I also want to see what the famed solo team can do as well. Y/n can you step forth?!"

Y/n: "huh? Fine." gets up with his hands in his pockets, "2 fighters is a little overkill for one little Grim if you ask me."

We now see that the pair standing in front of the cage, both wearing their normal fighting attire. Weiss readies her weapon while Y/n just stands there, bored, and with his hands in his pockets. The rest of team RWBY cheer them on.

Yang: raises her fist, "wooo go Weiss, go Y/n!"

Blake: waves a flag that says 'RWBY', "fight well."

Ruby: "yeah, represent teeeeeam RWBY! Oh, and yourself Y/n." causing him to chuckle.

Weiss: lowers her sword and looks at her leader, "Ruby! I'm trying to focus, and I'm sure Y/n is trying to as well."

Y/n: "nahh. I'm not really bothered. Besides, this will be over in a nanosecond," takes one of his hands out of his pocket and begins to crack his neck.

Weiss then quickly looks at him with a slightly surprised look on her face. Causing him to let out a small 'what'.

Weiss: "I'm surprised you know what a nanosecond is." causing a tick mark to form on his head.

Port: "caaaaaareful young man. Overconfidence is the enemy of any great warrior."

Y/n: cockily smiles, "heh, show me an opponent that can truly wound me, let alone beat me, then we'll talk."

Male Student 1: "tch, man that bastard is cocky."

Male Student 2: "yeah, and it's annoying."

Female Student 1: "who does he think he is?"

Female Student 2: "he thinks just because he's a solo, he's hot shit?"

The rest of team RWBY look behind them and noticing the other students talking shit about their friend. Blake and Yang couldn't help but feel the urge to come to his defense.

Female Student 3: "well, I think he's kinda hot." Blake and Yang, instantly and in perfect sync, glare at her, "eep."

Male Student 3: "bastards like him should know his place."

Male Student 4: "yeah."

Jaune: "yeeesh. He's not very popular right now, is he?"

Ren: "well, it's not like they don't have a reason to. Tho, it doesn't make that ok."

Nora: "maybe we should break their kneecaps."

Ren: "please don't."

Pyrrha basically ignores everything going on right now and stares at Y/n. She notices his demeanor didn't change one bit, despite the outrage of his fellow students. He still has that cocky smile on his face, no, it's almost like that smile is getting bigger. It's almost as if he can't wait to prove them wrong.

Pyrrha: "why...... just why do you look so familiar? I could've sworn I saw you before the exam."

Port: just sighs but almost getting annoyed with the outburst of the other students, "allllllright." he gets next to the cage and pulls out his Blowhard (fitting), "let the match..... begin!"

The professor swings his weapon down and breaks the lock, dropping the cage door. What it reveals was a Boarbatusk. As soon as the cage opens, it charges at Weiss, do to her being the closes. She reacts quickly and uses her Myrtenaster to deflect its attack. She then rolls to the side and readies herself for its next move. All the while, Y/n just stands there, still with his hands in his pockets. The Grimm gives him a quick side glare for a few seconds, before then looking back at Weiss to study her.

Port: "ah-haa! Wasn't expecting that now ere you, young lady?"

Ruby: "you got this, Weiss!"

Yang: "wait, why didn't it go after Y/n? He was just standing there.....MENAC-"

Blake: "dead joke.... but I think it's because it views Weiss as the lesser threat and wants to get rid of her first before going after the bigger fish."

Weiss: "hey!"

Blake: "no offense."

Weiss: "well, offense taken."

Port: "cooooooorrect!" this annoys Weiss even more, "it can feel the immense pressure Mr. L/n is giving off, thus views him as the bigger threat. So it's going after Ms. Schnee first, then go after the bigger threat but do not let this dictate how you take on Grim. Not all of them will do this or have this level of thought. Some will go after the strongest first, but the more intelligent ones will go after what they feel is the weakest."

Weiss: eyebrow twitches, "weak am I?"

She now speeds towards her target and readies herself for her next attack. She sticks the blade right on its skull, but the tip of the blade just get trapped in the beasts tusks. Weiss retains her iron clad grip on it, despite it moving around in an effort to get her off.

Port: "oh-ohh. Bold new approach. I like it!"

Ruby: "you got this! Show that thing who's boss!"

Weiss turns to glare at her leader, but this minor distraction was enough for the Grim to turn its head and rip the sword from her grip. Her sword then lands far away from its master, who gets knocked away by the monsters tusks.

Port: "ah-haaa! Now what will you do?" stares at Y/n, "hmmm, now why hasn't he jumped in yet? Given his personality, I figured he would by now. Does he have faith in her, or is it a pride thing?"

Weiss manages to look up just in time to see the Grim charging right at her, but she manged to react just in time to roll out of the way. This causes it to crash into a nearby desk but thankfully, didn't hit anyone. It shakes its head, but then glares at Y/n, who hasn't even moved an inch. It then refocuses onto Weiss, who uses this moment to rush at her weapon. When she finally reaches it, she slides towards it and gets it back into her hand.

Ruby: "Weiss! Go for its belly! It has no armor under-"

Weiss: quickly looks at Ruby, "stop telling me what to do already!"

Ruby looks hurt at Weiss' rebuttal towards her. Meanwhile, the Boarbatusk leaps into the air and turns into a ball. While still in the air, it begins to spin at high speeds sonic style, until it lands on the ground. As soon as it does, it gets launched towards its target, Weiss. As it rolls closer and closer towards her, she instantly activates her sky blue circle but right before it could hit her, it changes its direction. Instead, it heads towards Y/n.

Weiss: "shit./look out!"

However, the boy looks unbothered, despite the speeding Grim coming right at him. Instead, he slowly takes out his hands and looks at his naysayers.

Y/n: "wanna know why I'm so cocky? It's because, unlike you losers...." his smile gets even bigger, "I have a reason to me, and you don't."

As the Grim gets closer and closer, the only thing Y/n does is raise his hand, like he's telling the monster to stop. However, not once does he look away from his audience. All the while, his cocky grin gets even bigger.

Port: "crap, the boy will get himself killed!" readies his weapon.

Weiss: "move!"

Yang: "Y/n!"

Blake: "dodge!"

However, despite its speed and rotational force, when the Grim did hit Y/n, the only thing that happened was he got pushed back a few inches before coming to a stop. As the creature slows down its spin, the boy side eyes it before slowly turning his head to fully look at it. When the creature stopped, the boy smiles with an almost evil grin as it's now stuck in its ball form. It blinks its eyes rapidly in a comedic but confused fashion. The boy then slowly raises up his and balls up his fist, all the while his smile gets bigger and bigger. The Grimm then goes wide-eyed as comedic sweat drops begin to rapidly form on its head. It tries its best to move, but Y/n is putting enough pressure on it to keep it from uncurling up.

Y/n: "big mistake going after me."

With a single devastating punch, the boy punches the monster right on its head. It was so powerful that shockwaves formed around him, with them being strong enough to crack the floor around him. The other students had to cover their faces from the shockwaves and oncoming dusts and debris, but poor Jaune gets smacked square in the face by a piece of the floor. Knocking him flat on his ass.

Yang: "yeesh, I almost feel bad for it." causing the others of team RWBY to nod in agreement.

Male Student 1: "i-impossible."

Female Student 1: "h-he did all that with a single punch?"

Male Student 2: "h-how."

Female Student 2: "he even cracked the ground."

Male Student 3: straightens his glasses, "I believe it's called a floor."

Female Student 2: "oh, piss off!"

Blake and Yang side eyed the other students behind them. Blake formed a small but pleased smile, while Yang formed a cocky smirk.

Port: "impressive, now I see why you're a solo, but now we need to get that fixed.......... oh well. Such things are to be expected during these times. Now, as all of you just saw, these 2 are a true huntress and hunter in training." Weiss gets up and dusts herself off, "but.... I'm afraid that's all for today. Be sure to cover the assigned reading! Class.... dismissed!"

Weiss then stares daggers at Ruby before walking away with a huff, walking past her teammates.

Jaune: "geeez, what's her deal?"

As the remaining members look at each other, they each have the same question in mind as well, but then Ruby decides to rush after her. However, during all of this, Y/n is just standing there in the same position as before. Then he slowly raises his fist and stares at it.

Y/n: "strange.... that felt...... different...."

Yang: "Y/n?"

The boy is knocked from his thoughts when he heard his name. So he turned around and see Blake and Yang approaching him.

Y/n: "what's up?"

Yang: "you ok?"

Blake: "you look..... troubled."

Y/n: "nah, it's nothing. Just used more strength than I meant to. By the way, what's with Weiss?"

Was It a Mistake?

The pair then look at each other, then back at the boy. They shake their heads and shrug their shoulders. Y/n just lets out a small sigh before looking at his open palm in confusion.

Back with Weiss, we can see that she's still storming off, but then Ruby manages to finally catch up with her.

Ruby: "Weiss!"

Weiss: turns her head and says with a hint of annoyance, "what?"

Ruby: "what's going on with you? Why are you acting so-?"

Weiss: fully turns to look at her, "what's wrong with ME?! I want to ask what's wrong with YOU?! You're supposed to be our so called 'leader' but all you've done was be nothing more than a nuisance!"

Ruby: simply lets out a small scoff, "what did I do?"

Weiss: "that's just it, 'leader'. You have done nothing to earn your position! During the exam, you acted just like a child! Even AFTER becoming a student of Beacon, you still act like one!"

Ruby: "just where is all of this coming from? What happened to the whole 'working together' thing you talked about? I thought you believed in acting like a team."

Weiss: "I do..... but not a team led by YOU! I've studied and trained all my life to become a huntress and rankly, I deserve better than you."

Weiss simply turns with her heel and walk away from Ruby in an angry huff. Ruby tries to reach out her hand to try and stop her friend, but she drops it after what Weiss just said to her.

Weiss: "Ozpin made a mistake choosing you." leaving Ruby to look down in sadness.

Ozpin then comes literally out of nowhere and walks up behind Ruby. When she noticed him, it nearly scared the shit out of her. When she looks at him, she notices he had is usual mug in one hand, and his cane in another.

Ozpin: "hmm..... now that didn't go well at all."

Ruby: looks on at him, on the verge of tears, "is she right professor? Did you make a mistake?"

Ozpin: chuckles softly, "that remains to be seen, my dear."

[With Weiss]

As Weiss continues to walk around the halls of Beacon Academy in anger, unsure where to go or where she's even going. Until she noticed she came acrossed a balcony and on it was professor Port. He had one of his hands on the railing as he watches the sunset just barely peaking over the academies rooftops.

Weiss: walks up to him, "professor Port!"

Port: "mm?" turns around, "ah, miss Schnee! And what do I owe the fine pleasure of your visit this evening?"

Weiss: "i...... i just wanna say that I did enjoy your lecture."

Port: "but of course you did, my child! You have the blood of a true huntress running through your veins."

Weiss: softly smiles, "you really think so?"

Port: "no, I don't think..... I know it to be true." he then notices her small frown and lack of eye contact, "hmm, is something troubling you?"

Weiss: "..... yes sir.... there is."

Port: "dear girl, confess to me all your strife! It is my duty as your teacher to aid in any way I can."

Weiss: "well....... I think I should be the one leading team RWBY!"

Port: dramatic zoom in, ".................. preposterous!"

[With Ruby]

Ruby: "what do you mean?"

Ozpin: "Ruby, It's only been a day since you've become a leader. Leaders aren't born as soon as they become one, nor are they made in such a short time. Let me tell you something. I've made more mistakes than anyone else has ever made on this entire planet....... but this moment, that decision to make you a leader wasn't one of them." looks directly at Ruby, "do you?"

[With Weiss]

Weiss: starting to get angry again, "excuse me?!"

Port: "I've known professor Ozpin for many years now, and not once has he ever led me astray!"

Weiss: "so you're telling me you would just blindly accept any decision he makes, even after seeing how exceptional I am?"

Port: "with all due respect you lady, but your exceptional skill on the battlefield is only matched by your poor attitude."

Weiss: practically seething now, "how dare you!"

Port: "my point exactly. Right now, all I see before me is a girl who's spent her whole life getting everything she ever wanted."

Weiss: crosses her arms in annoyance, "that's not even remotely true!" under his intense gaze she relents, "ok, well.... It's not entirely true."

[With Ruby]

Ozpin: "being a team leader isn't a title you carry into battle, but a badge you wear constantly, on and off the battlefield. Just because the battle is over, that doesn't mean you stop being a leader. So, if you're not preforming at your very best, then what reason do you give others to follow you?"

Ruby takes a second to really think about what Ozpin just said, but then looks at him and smiles.

[With Weiss]

Port: "so the outcome didn't fall into your favor, so what. Do you really think behaving like a spoiled brat would cause those in power to reconsider their decision?" Weiss calms down a little and looks up at him, "So stop fretting over what you don't have and savor what you do have, right now. Hone your skills, focus on your talents, prefect every technique you have in your arsenal, make new ones, shatter your limits, and learn to adapt. Don't be the best leader you can be, but rather, the best person you can be."

Weiss smiles a little do to his words and decides to give them some serious thought.

[With Ruby]

Ozpin: turns his back towards Ruby, "you've been burdened with tremendous responsibility, Ruby. I advise you to take some time and think on how you will uphold that." he was about to walk away but then stops, "but...." she looks up at him in confusion.

[With Weiss]

Port: "however..." she looks up at him in confusion, "Mr L/n, watch over him will you?"

Weiss: tilts her head slightly, "Y/n..... why? He can pretty much take care of himself and take on any Grim he wants."

Port: "I don't doubt his capabilities as a warrior, I saw plenty earlier today, even a fool wouldn't question that."

Weiss: "then why?"

Port: "there's...... something about him. I'm not sure how to put it, but when I look into his eyes, I feel a huge burden on his shoulders and great sadness. He believes it's a burden only he can bear." he then looks at Weiss, "if this is true, he needs to be reminded that friends share each other's burdens, big or small. They support each other during dark times, helping each other to come out a better version of themselves..... besides-" he puts his hands behind his back and turns around, "that personality of his...... it's destructive. I fear, without someone to be there to guide him. It will lead him down a dark path, eventually leading him to his end." her eyes widen.

[With Ruby]

Ozpin: "keep an eye on Y/n."

Ruby: "Y/n? Why, has he done something wrong?"

Ozpin: turns his head to look at her, "not really, tho I don't doubt he'll be a troublemaker. No, like you, he has a promising destiny before him. However, something tells me his will lead him down a dark part. One that will break him, put him through unimaginable tortures that no one should ever go through...... a path that will end in his destruction and possibly ours." Rubys eyes widen, "unless he is guided by those who truly care about him, helping him go down the right path. A path that will lead him to become a great hunter and hero. One..... where he can finally forgive himself."

Ruby: tilts her head, "forgive himself? What does that mean?"

Ozpin: "sorry but that something you need to discover for yourself but be warned. This isn't something that you should take lightly, nor is it for the faint of heart. So steal your resolve and strengthen your mind. You'll need it."

With those final worlds, Ozpin walks away. Ruby looks on in a mixture of confusion and concern but decides to wake his words to heart. So she turns around and walks away. As she walks on, she eventually comes acrossed the same balcony where Port was talking to Weiss. She then sees Weiss walk away, this causes her to smile at her friend.

[Timeskip]

[Nighttime: Team RWBY's Room]

As the night shrouds the city of Vale, the full moon shines in the night sky. The light of the moon illuminates Beacon Academy, giving it a nice white glow. As we zoom into one room in particular, we can see it's the room of team RWBY and the temporary room of Y/n. We see that some of the other members are already fast asleep, with Blake under her covers and Yang spread out on her bed, snoring away. As the camera continues to pan, we can see Y/n laying on his bed, with him looking up at the ceiling. He had one hand behind his head and the other laying at his side, but he then raises that hand and stares at it.

Y/n: "why.... why did that punch feel...... different?" he has a montage style flashback of the many different times he has fought, "whenever I use my aura to augment my body, I always feel this sense of...... anger, hatred, and sadness but.... why didn't I feel that this time? I felt..... at peace. It was a strange but good feeling, one I haven't felt ever, and I think I was stronger in that moment. I only meant to kill that Grimm, not crack the floor or cause those shockwaves. I've also noticed that whenever I do use my aura, that sometimes I see purple mixed in. It's almost like my semblance activates on its own but, if true, why didn't it this time?"

The boy then just lets out a sigh before resting that arm over his eyes. As he continues to lay there, the door slowly opens. Then the shadow of Weiss could be seen as it's been cast from the lights of the hallway behind her. Y/n lifts his arm slightly and notices her walk in. she looks at him and puts her finger over her lips and asks him not to make a sound. He raises an eyebrow at her until he notices the direction she is heading. He then smiles and nods his head. She then, surprisingly, smiles back at him and heads over towards Rubys bed. When she reaches her bed, she lifts the opening of Rubys tent, finding its occupant resting her head on her notes and a pencil still in her hand. She then looks around and noticed all the other books around her. Weiss looks around in amazement at Rubys determination. So she shakes off her amazement and clears her throat. Seeing as that didn't work, she gently shakes Ruby awake, who took a second to fully regain consciousness. When she fully opens her eyes, she notices Weiss looking at her, causing her to flail in shock.

Ruby: "W-Weiss! I-I was studying and I accidentally fell asleep. I-I'm sor-"

Weiss then places her hand over Rubys mouth and puts her finger over her own lips. Ruby takes a second to realize what she's doing, but then understands Weiss is asking her to lower her voice. Weiss then looks near Rubys pillow and spots an empty Beacon coffee mug.

Weiss: lowers her hand and speaks in a hushed tone, "how do you take your coffer?"

Ruby: "I..... I don't...."

Weiss: getting a little irritated, "answer..... the question."

Ruby: "uhhhh, cream and 5 sugars?"

Weiss: just sighs, "don't move." she then ducks underneath the bed for a few moments, then comes back up with a fresh cup and offers it to Ruby, "here."

Ruby: "ummm...... that's Weiss."

Weiss: smiles with an apologetic look, "Ruby, I think you have what it takes to be a great leader." causing Ruby to smile, "just know that I'm going to be the best teammate you'll ever have." the pair then smile at each other, "good luck with the studying." she then ducks under Rubys bed, but then quick comes back up and points, "that's wrong by the way." she then ducks under again but this time her voice was heard by the doorway, "hey Ruby?"

Ruby: "uh-huh?"

Weiss: has her hand on the door knob, "I always wanted bunk beds as a kid." she then was about to close the door, but then stops and looks at Y/n.

[Flashback]

Weiss: tilts her head slightly, "Y/n..... why? He can pretty much take care of himself and take on any Grim he wants."

Port: "I don't doubt his capabilities as a warrior, I saw plenty earlier today, even a fool wouldn't question that."

Weiss: "then why?"

Port: "there's...... something about him. I'm not sure how to put it, but when I look into his eyes, I feel a huge burden on his shoulders and great sadness. He believes it's a burden only he can bear." he then looks at Weiss, "if this is true, he needs to be reminded that friends share each other's burdens, big or small. They support each other during dark times, helping each other to come out a better version of themselves..... besides-" he puts his hands behind his back and turns around, "that personality of his...... it's destructive. I fear, without someone to be there to guide him. It will lead him down a dark path, eventually leading him to his end." her eyes widen.

[End of Flashback]

Weiss: "and Y/n." the boy then lifts his arm and looks at her, "I'm...... sorry for how I treated you."

Y/n: smiles, "water under the bridge."

Weiss: smiles back at him, "goodnight."

Y/n: "and Goodnight to you too."

She then smiles and closes the door all the way. Ruby couldn't help but smile and the progress her friend is making, but then goes back to her notes as the scene fades to black.

End

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

A/n: welp, that's it for this chapter. Hope you liked it. Now I know I could've skipped the scenes where Ruby was talking to Ozpin and Weiss talking to Port, but I felt I needed to keep those as both were important to their characters. And yes, I just felt like adding some fan service moment in here just for fun. Wonder if that bed this will be a habit.... who knows? You'll just have to wait and see. Also, Blakes excuse is semi true, my brother has severe anxiety, and it does help him to have one of us around but, for this, mainly it was an excuse for a lewd moment and a chance for a relationship to start to develop more. I'm also trying my best to litter hints and foreshadow things more subtly, but I'm not sure how well I did, course it doesn't matter as many won't bear fruit until much later. So won't know if I'm doing good in that department until then. Anyways, I'm spending time to slowly, but not too slowly, develop their relationship and have you interact with them more and more. I want to try and make it seem natural as I can but, again, I won't know until it's that time. I don't know a solid timeframe, but I do at least know where I kinda want it to be. Welp, that's all I can think of right now, so ill see you...... in the next chapter.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.7K 133 16
A orphaned boy travels the world with a group of friends. They are soon slaughtered and this opens up a whole new world for the boy. He realizes, the...
13.4K 129 20
in the land of remnant, in a place called menagerie there was an ancient legend that no one has yet to confirm to be true. a faunus diety is what the...
41.5K 517 26
[DISCONTINUED] So this is going to be my first MaleReader abused and neglected story. I will be using an oc for this just to let you know. But anyway...
647 11 11
[A RWBY FanFiction, I do not own RWBY as it is the sole property of RosterTeeth and created by Monty Oum (RIP he was a great mind among us all). I ow...