Divergent souls || 2

By salmaslibrary

Captivating, carefree, Enticing. That's the image Rowan Russo threw for people, with his easygoing personalit... More

CHARACTERS + TWS + TROPES
Prologue
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty one
Twenty two
Twenty three
Twenty four
Twenty five
Twenty six
Twenty seven
Twenty eight
Twenty nine
Thirty
Thirty one
Thirty two
Thrity three
Thirty four
Thirty six
Thirty seven
Thirty eight
Thirty nine
Forty
Epilogue
THE END

Thirty five

686 24 5
By salmaslibrary

CHAPTER THIRTY FIVE ROWAN
I watch as Angelina shines brightly as she walks on the stage, filling the air with her magnetic aura. She's dressed in a white dress that hangs low on her knees and tight around her waist.

When she rounds the corner and poses, I see the moment her eyes find mine, her lips slowly tip upward, it's a new reaction that makes my heart jump in my chest.

Yesterday, I finally gained the courage to let it all out, everything I've kept bubbled up inside of me for fucking years, just like that, her reaction...isn't one I expected, maybe hoped of, but when I thought logically, or with my logic more specifically.

Her reaction contained anger, disgust, emotions similar to that, this one is the best out of them, the satisfaction that's spreading through my body at the moment is unlike any other.

Winning Angelina back has been my goal for years now, and finally reaching the peak of it is a huge accomplishment, hence that, it's a relief.

Because every time I tried to imagine life without her in it, it seemed dark, lost and dreadful.

But now I have her back, the one who brightens up my day, after she walks away, some people cheer like they do with every model but my claps stand out, loud and proud, she smiles as she disappears along the backstage.

A couple of models start walking but the only image that stays clear in my sight is her smile, I stand up, boredom filling my bones at the sight of anyone but her as I walk away, disappearing along the backstage as well.

I find her in no time, talking with her agent, as if she can sense it, I find her turning as her eyes clash with mine, they spark and I grin, approaching her with faster steps.

When I reach her, she exchanges looks with a couple of other models as whispers arise among us, "How the hell do you manage to get in here?" She hisses under her breath, trying to sound serious but her widening smile isn't helping.

"I told you I have my ways." Money basically, she rolls her eyes and clutches my hand in hers before walking away, in somewhere quiet, I raise an eyebrow.

"I'm starting to get ideas." I tease, mainly to annoy her or suppress the ache in my pants I really couldn't decide as I spoke, "Are you?" Her response makes my cock hardens further and I restrain a smirk.

"Definitely." I play along and she rolls her eyes again, "That dress looks like it's made for you." I say sincerely, it fits perfectly, molding against her body like a second skin, her eyes spark, and she raises her chin high in that confident way of hers.

The one I always liked.

Her confidence has always been one of the main reasons I was attracted to her at the beginning of it all, right now I'm sure that there isn't a single thing she does that doesn't turn me on, am I complaining? Not at all.

"Why are you not dressed?" She eyes my casual clothes, a hoodie and sweatpants, i arch an eyebrow, "I'm not going to their party." I insist, Aurelia and Elias are throwing a part for their anniversary, as much as I love them and care about our friendship.

I'd rather stay with Angelina, in every single situation actually, it's not something new, "You are." She insists and I shake my head, "We can make a deal." She suggests, gesturing with her hand, the motion full of clear frustration.

"Does that deal involve you riding my dick? Because if so, I might rethink my decision." I reply nonchalantly, reaching out to brush a strand of her hair. She gulps.

Something about Angelina shying away is so fucking hot, maybe cause it's rare? I really have no idea, it's getting irritating at this point, "It does." She says after a beat.

My lips lift, "Fine then." I reply, if she probably insisted a couple more times I'd have agreed without the sex part but I'll take it anyway.

⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

I've always loved people,
Being around them,
Listening to them talk,
But right now, I'm a step away from jumping out the nearest window.

We're at the said party, i didn't dress up, and currently, we're waiting for the main reason we're here, Aurelia and Elias themselves haven't even arrived.

So here we are, Angelina is leaning into me, her head rested against my chest, I continue combing her hair, the gesture comforting and close to home, while Vera and Silas continue glaring at one another on the couch facing us.

Tension prickles among the air, it's no surprise that they can't communicate like normal people when sitting together.

That's how they've always been.

Silas is obsessed. I've grown up with the guy, he always looked bored, unbothered and quiet, but when Vera came in view, all that changed, he was suddenly interested in reading what she used to write, since she had that hobby years ago, he suddenly became interested in going to the parties we'd throw every now and then cause she came there.

Now, he's glaring at her, quite literally, I bet there's a reason behind that, but I'm not exactly interested, "You smell good." Angelina's voice pulls me out of my thoughts and I pull her in a soft kiss.

Unlike the hunger session we had a couple of hours ago, this one is more intimate, more gentle and meaningful, "I love you." I whisper the words I've kept inside my heart for years.

"And I love you." She smiles against my lips, "Aww." Vera's sound pulls me apart from her as I roll my eyes, "Hey, it's exciting to see her in love like this." She exclaims and Angelina glares at her even as her cheeks heat up with embarrassment.

It's adorable, I can't help pulling her further to me, finally, a knock on the door announces that the last couple has arrived, Vera stands up, opening the door for them, "Sooo sorry." I hear Aurelia's voice first as they come into view.

Elias has his eyebrow arched like she shouldn't be apologizing for this, he pulls her to him, she smiles widely and rests her head against his chest as they both sit beside us.

"The braid looks beautiful, did you learn a better method to do it?" From what I heard along the days, Aurelia sucks at braiding her hair apparently, "Uh, Elias is the one who braided it." My brows rise at this.

Surprised but not at all, he would do that shit for her, he would do anything actually, Angelina straightens and leaves her spot, my brows furrow as she stands up, "Okay so since you're finally here." She starts as she motions at Elias and Aurelia.

"I'll be right back." She says and disappears in the hallway and just when I'm about to follow her, Silas's voice cuts me off, "Sit." He orders and i arch a brow, dryly.

"Can't handle a minute?" He mocks in his usual cold tone, I almost laugh, "You're one to talk." I shoot back, he's the last one who has a right to mock my love for Angelina when he's obsessed with the woman sitting right beside him.

He doesn't offer another response. No denying here. After what seems like a goddamn minute, Angelina approaches us again, this time with a cake in hand, realization dooms over me as I find two candles sprawled on it with my age.

I'm not a big fan of my birthday, haven't been for a couple of years, which is why I tried to ignore it today, and while it slightly hurt that she didn't remember, I was relieved.

My heartbeats jump in my chest, nearly becoming erratic, "Happy birthday, Rowan." She cheers, smiling widely, so beautifully I can't help but smile back, I look around, realizing that I'm the only one who didn't know about this.

Everyone is smiling, including Elias and Silas surprisingly.

"Everyone will have to say a word to you." Aurelia intercepts, "Hey, That was my idea." Vera defends almost instantly and I smile, loving this, especially cause the uneasiness that's spreading among Elias and Silas's faces is unbeatable.

"I'd love to hear it." I insist.

Angelina grins, I think it's the first time I've seen her this happy in years, and there's nothing more astonishing than it,  "I'll be the last one." She says and comes to sit down next to me, I pull her close. Welcoming her back to where she belongs.

In my arms.

"Should we go by it fucking alphabetically?" Aurelia asks when the silence among us stretches, "You'll go first then." Angelina says almost instantly, "Fine, I will." She stands up and leaves her spot in Elias's arms, which earns me a glare as if I'm the cause for that.

"Okay, so...well. When I came into this college, I didn't know anyone except my brother of course, and as much as your entrance in my life was full of chaos, but I've always loved you, Rowan, out of all of them, you gave me the least headache, I'm glad I have you in my life even if you've been out of it for a couple of months, happy birthday." She arches a brow at her last sentence before smiling widely.

I smile, I was closer to her before we graduated I can say, but lately, my mere goal was the only thing ahead of me, which was winning Angelina back before restating my goddamn life.

"Thank you, Aurelia." I reply gently after a beat, smiling wider, she looks at Elias sideways, "Since Angelina will be last, you'll go after me." She explains what his smartass already fucking know.

He sighs and runs a hand through his hair before standing up awkwardly, his tall frame filling the room, "I grew up with you, you have been a part of my life since I started being coherent, and even when I try to let my mind wander away,  I cannot imagine a life where you aren't in it, with all your annoying jokes and loud parties." He shrugs then adds, cringing "Saying this is enough to prove that you mean a lot to me, Happy birthday, Rowan, I also won't forgive you for making getting with Aurelia hundred times harder." He says, a small smile tugging at his lips.

I can't help the one that spreads across my lips, "Women love me." I just point out, joking, my relationship with Aurelia has always been platonic for the matter, he just has some issues, he rolls his eyes but his smile widens, our relationship has always been complicated, mainly cause we're too different but at the same time we share a lot of stuff together, as I said, complicated.

We all look at whose turn is next, Silas is glaring at each and every one of us as he stands up too, he and Elias are almost the same height, "This is unnecessary." He starts, "It isn't." Vera insists, he looks down at her with narrowed eyes.

"It is." He shoots back, i stop the continuous misery, "Fine, I love unnecessary details in my birthday party, what can I say? Trivial." I shrug dramatically, Angelina leans into me, "Trivial, my ass." She says under her breath and I almost laugh.

Pulling her closer to me, "You did give me headaches sometimes I might admit, but well, at the end of the fucking day, you're my friend, as Elias said, it's hard to imagine life without you in it, grinning widely, or making us fight the spreading smiles over our faces, Happy birthday, Rowan, I hate you for making me say this." The guy despises affection.

Except if it's for Vera of course that's another situation, generally, he hates expressing anything that contains love, affection, caring about any human being for the matter, "I hate you as well." I lie.

"My turn." Vera says next, before standing up and brushing her short brown hair, "Unlike them, you've always been my friend, and I've always cared about you, you made me believe that no matter how many people make fun of you for dreaming of something, I'm still capable of doing it, and I love you for that, you're much more than you make yourself appear, but I'm happy that you show this side for people who deserve it only, happy birthday, my friend." She says sweetly I can't help grinning as a warm sensation spreads through my body.

I remember the talk she's speaking about, she's always dreamt of becoming a writer, an author, her family weren't supportive at all, it broke her, that day she came to me, we talked and we ended up watching a Disney movie, she was twelve and I was thirteen.

"Thank you, Vera." I say, smiling, after a long moment of silence, Angelina leaves her spot in my lap and walks away, standing, embracing herself with a breath before she stares right into my eyes.

"You are my first friend, my first love, your words always used to get to me in a way no one ever succeeded with, you've always had your special place in my heart, Rowan, and when everything happened—that place remained empty, no one was ever able to get inside it again, but here we are, back at it again, I'm so glad I have you in my life, when you weren't in it it was a living hell, you're my anchor, my best friend, my love, happy birthday, I love you." She explains in a soothing low tone , a smile spreads over her face.

"That's Oscar worthy." I just joke because the emotions bubbling up inside of me are clamping my throat shut, "Definitely." Someone replies but I'm too focused on her to pay attention.

This moment.

I realize that my place has always been beside Angelina, I was always meant to be here, with her, and I don't know why it took that long for it to settle inside.

But I want to marry that woman.

That's not the realization, it's always been in my plans, it's the fact that I want to marry her nowadays, as in this.

This week maybe since today won't be possible.

A vote is really appreciated.
That chapter was soo long,
Take it as a reward since I'm struggling to write consistently 🙏.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

92.7K 1.8K 20
Josh and Katie have been best friends since he first moved nextdoor midway through freshman year. They were attached to the hip and acted like they'v...
6K 305 13
"There's just something about you" he said looking at me, almost like he could see my soul "Something about me?... it's the chase Elliot, you'll g...
4.5K 185 7
"here's the deal. you act as my boyfriend in front of my ex so that i can make him jealous and get him back and you get you money" "Deal" "Deal" he h...
127K 5.5K 26
Colette: My boyfriend Zac thinks I accidentally crushed on him with a steaming cup of coffee which lead to our many chance encounters that made him r...