Gmailing You

By _amxnx_

The days when no technology existed, love was written on letters, eyes were met, hands were frequently intert... More

1. Save Your Tears
2. Those Eyes, Oh God
3. Cherry Blossom Fall
4. Starlight and Moons
5. A Betrayed Heart
6. Vanilla Ice Cream
7. Bittersweet
8. Just Friends
9. Stolen Hugs & Kisses
10. London
11. Ramen Night
12. Best Friend's Love
13. Such A Tease
14. Apple Bites
15. Theif Of Hearts
16. Lift Your Arms
17. Eyes On You
18. Take My Hand
19. Sunsets and Secrets
20. Stuck With You
21. Garden Of Butterflies
22. The Wrong Mail
23. Home Alone
24. The Second Chance
25. Magic Of Melon
26. Falling All In You
27. Hugs & Cuddles
28. Take Me With You
29. Trails Of Love
30. Bed Sharing
31. Camera Beauty
32 . Obsessed Bunny
33. Confession Reveal
34. Wrong Timing Right Person
35. Survival Of The Fittest
36. Bunny Gurl
37. Don't Run Away
38. Bandit Of Love
39. Flowers & Her
40. Steps To Hell
42. Jealousy Is A Disease
43. Humpty Dumpty
44. Bonfire
45. Surprise Kitten
46. Missed Bus
47. Taennie
48. My Only One
49. Love Circus
50. Kill For Love
51. The Unexpected
52. Enchanted
53. Birthday Boy

41. Sunshine & Beaches

320 30 30
By _amxnx_

"How do I say I miss you
in a way that will make your heart ache
as mine does?"

_

"And why did he even sleep here?" Jungkook raises a question, not being able to get the point about this whole situation going on. "He's a stranger, J. How come this was allowed?"

He's right now ranting to Jennie about the new guy staying over. Got his palms slapping the table they were sitting on. Totally irritated. Can't believe your mom would allow this.

"He's not. We were childhood friends." Jennie replies, picking up a chip from the packet and taking a bite of it. "Besides, he's gonna go back soon. Got his flight in a few days." She reasons for him. Leans back against her chair and looks out at the window least bothered.

"Childhood friends? Since when?" Well, Jungkook is bothered though. Since last night. Couldn't even sleep. The news got him good. Like, why and how? Had so many questions that he woke up finding Jennie for answers. Knew she was the only one who could hear him out.

Jennie chews the chips. Spares him a look. "Why are you so worked up? He's a nice guy, you know. Don't worry about it." She tries to calm him down, but Jungkook throws his head back and groans.

"No, it's just..." he thinks further to form words. "Because..." he continues and Jennie stares at him. Feels like Jungkook is closer to you than she thought he was. It doesn't bother her though, but he has been too invested in this since yesterday.

If he was, then why would he even leave and go?

"Where'd you go yesterday?" She asks casually, rambling her fingers under the chips packet.

"Hm?" Jungkook sits straight and looks at her. "Oh, right." He lazily blinks and nods. "One of my friends from London came here to visit her family. I went for dinner with them."

"Dinner?" Her eyebrows raised. "Her? A girl?" she asks surprised and Jungkook nods as if it wasn't a big deal, "Yeah, my senior." Don't wanna go into details. Going into details meant he had to explain how he knew her, which would come to the point about his weekend job - which she didn't know.

Has to explain that too and all from the start. Which also would include why he was doing it, anyway. Concluding to everything coming back to you because indeed it was for you. All of it.

"—Anyway, um." Jungkook steals the packet from Jennie and digs his hand to pick out a dozen chips, "Mom said, we're gonna head for the beach. We should get ready." He stuffs them in his mouth and stands up to take his leave.

"See you in a few." He grumbles with a mouth full of chips and takes off, leaving her be and disappearing further away.

Jennie tucks her hair behind her ear and shifts her eyes away towards the window, taking back the chips packet kept on the table. The weather seemed nice. It was going to be a nice day. She fills herself with positivity for now. Doesn't really wanna think of what just happened.

Jungkook shutting her off. Thinking of it as a bother to explain further.

It hurt her a tiny bit. He was nicer than this before. Telling everything to her as if she knew him in and out. Was comfortable and open with her, but since he visited London, he hasn't been the same anymore. She knew something was wrong.

Also, didn't wanna question him. He was still around like a good friend. A supportive one at that since her father's death. She couldn't complain about anything. Kinda regrets proposing to him two days ago. He didn't even give her an answer to begin with.

She misjudged the whole situation.

Thought Jungkook was here solely for her and was staying with her looking out for her, but it wasn't it. He pitied her. And yes, she didn't like it.

His eyes changed. The way he used to look at her with his eyes full of love, that is. Now they seem only full of pity. No spark. Black screen. Deep. Having nothing for her.

Saddens her and she only wants to know why. What changed him? And who?

+++

"Oh, isn't this too revealing?" You try to cover your skin with your small palms. So damn shy. "Jennie, no." She grabs your hands away, keeping you from covering yourself. "Can you not?" She scolds.

You pout and leave your hands down. Earn a smile from her for that. "Sexy." She lets her eyes roam all around your body, and loves it on you, but you squeeze your legs tight and bite your lower lip from shyness.

"I feel naked, I don't know. This isn't my taste." You breathe heavily, making all excuses again. Don't feel okay with so much skin revealing in this swimsuit Jennie picked up for you.

Everybody was heading towards the beach. By now, they already must've even swum and come out since you were still whining and complaining about this revealing two-piece outfit. You had packed no swimsuit to wear because you weren't sure if you were even going for a swim or not. It wasn't on the plan. You were betrayed. Could've packed a decent one at that if you were going to be forced to wear one.

Jennie slaps her palms on her hips. Done with your excuses. "You wanna kill me or something?" You were supposed to make her happy and jolly, but you're only making her mad with all of your excuses.

"Look..." You take her hands in yours as she lets you. "I'm very grateful for you giving me one of your suits, but bestie, I just can't I've never—"

"Who cares all about that? We're doing this for you to try new things. For you to look good." She says. "And we got Nam Joo out waiting for you." She smiles, teasing you. "You don't wanna seduce him, huh?" She pokes her elbow at you as you stand like a stone and deadpan.

She bites her lip, looking at your flashing eyes, killing her with that straight face of yours. Got your point. Won't tease you. So, she nods and makes a respectful distance, "Whatever-hey. You look nice, alright. Come on now, don't cry over some skin reveal." She shrugs your anxiety off. Trying to normalize it.

You give in. "Fine." You agree. "One condition." You try to make a deal, to which Jennie deadpans. "You know what?-I'm not doing this." She raises her hands in the air, giving up and throwing them down. Done with you. "You wanna come out with that? Good? You don't wanna? Too good."

Points behind you, "See that pajamas? Wear that and come instead." Already shows her back to walk away on your face, but you screech her back to you by her elbow. Cry. "Okay–okay, ma'am." You listen, "I was just asking for a sunscreen."

The death glare she's giving you right now is boring holes in your head already. You could almost feel your head bleeding.

"Just follow me out or I'm dragging you dead—"

"—Yep coming."

You follow her out in the sunlight. Gets welcomed by a bright sun and a beautiful shore. Shining sand and an outstandingly lovely view. The sparkling blue water and the beauty it brought to the plain yellow background. Clean air and splashing sounds of water.

"Wear this." Jennie hands you sunglasses to help you look more comfortably at the scenery. You giggle and thank her. Titters behind her towards the shore where everyone is hanging out.

The kids with water tubes were excited to dive in, while adults chatted and drank coffee under umbrellas, and young adults like you joined the chaos.

Jennie has helped you wear sunscreen. Face to the tip of your toe. You were wearing a cover-up sheer net shirt which you took along last minute. Wore it on your way. Jennie doesn't fight and leaves you on your cord.

At least the fit was visible enough, which made her deal with it.

It's tucked in a knot just under your chest. The buttons are undone. Revealing the narrow valley of your bikini end. Your waist is decorated with a thin silver chain around your stomach that Jennie made you wear last minute to complete the look. Always loved going overboard. Well, it was attractive.

The sheer net revealed most of your skin too, but at least this was a tad bit decent than the earlier look you cried about.

End of all the drama, you were here. Hair wavy. A little confident. Ready to get tanned and live it like a normal day just for yourself — although this morning it started with a vomit.

You drank a lot yesterday. Remember, a few remnants of all your doings. How you waited for Jungkook, how he brought ice cream for you, how you were about to throw it on his face for using your words on you which your sober self didn't let you. Just simply dropped a bomb of Nam Joo to leave him stranded with running thoughts.

It was very evil of you, but he did have to know that somehow. You just said it earlier than he was supposed to know. But again, things were a little better. He wasn't giving you a cold shoulder, and you were glad for it. Really.

You just want things to get normal, back to how it was before. Everyone happy. Especially the three of you. Your friendship. You and Jungkook. Back together.

"Oh, oh, oh." You and Jennie swiftly shook your head towards the other side, finding Nam Joo reaching you two with a big open mouth. Very astonished.

"Didn't know we had guests over mammamia." He grins, approaching you two as you two confusingly blink.

He is wearing a white shirt and coconut-design shorts. Glasses on. A hat on top too. "Hey there, sweet ladies." He smiles and stands before you. "Are you here to bathe in the sheer beauty of this beach? Cause yes, I—"

"Nam Joo, did you lose your eyesight energy because of the sun or something?" Jennie has got her face scrunched up. "It's us." She slaps his arm, bringing him to reality, and he swiftly removes his glasses to look clear and close.

A big frown covered his face. As if he didn't expect you two to be behind those tinted glasses.

"No way..." he whispers. "I thought you guys were foreigners." His disappointment lies out. "Damn, my bad." He makes his distance.

Makes you cringe. But he was handsome. And funny. Your childhood friend. It was tolerable.

"Jeez..." he's scrubbing the back of his head, eyes long lost, "Bad luck." He shakes his head in disappointment as you two are left speechless.

He glances back and thinks a little longer. "By any chance do foreigners come here? It'd be great to, you know, experience something—"

"Y/n it's a no from me." Jennie cuts Nam Joo, turns to you, and crosses her palms constantly on a decline cross. "You're not about to—"

Your laugh echoes. "No–like—" you laugh again and Jennie is waiting for you to form the next words. "I already told him I don't want this." You slow down from laughter and Jennie pauses. Speechless.

"Yeah, no biggie." Nam Joo comes to your side and grins, hovering his arm around your neck like you two are close buddies. "We're good friends. Settled on it last night."

Jennie parts her lips. Still shocked. "So–so–so you're saying I did you super pretty after all that ranting for... nothing?"

Your smile falls. "Didn't you say we were doing this for me?"

She blinks slowly, twice. Loosens her fist she was clasping on. "Right. That was the point."

"But you two look too pretty today." Nam Joo compliments genuinely. Still has his hand on your shoulder. And you don't mind.

Jennie folds her arms. "Would've said it back to you if only you didn't wear those coconut shorts." She jokes and Nam Joo slyly smirks.

"Ladies, I've been trying to not let you fall for me." He smiles down at you and then at Jennie. "So considerate of me, isn't it?"

You bite back a laugh and Jennie regrets all of her life decisions that made her come here to experience this.

"You know I'm kidding." He states to Jennie, and she sighs, "If it was a joke, don't try to do it again." She's giving him that all-done-with-you-smile. And Nam Joo just gives up.

"Obnoxious, aren't you?" Jennie ensures to comment on that.

"Don't tell me things I already know, Jennie." Nam Joo tilts his face and smiles with his eyes closed as Jennie just scoffs in defeat. Knows she can't argue against him anymore. He could back anyone with his words. Without even offending once.

"Anyway..." he starts to walk, his arm casually hung around your shoulders, "You guys know surfing? I can—" There's a sudden big splash that hits you three at once.

You gasp and wipe your face with your hands. Drag the sticky wet hair behind your ears to see clearly what caused the big splash.

Discover it's a jetski. Skating on water. Taking a drift near the shore to soak you three again in water.

Jennie is screaming, and Nam Joo is taking his time to fully understand what's happening.

Your eyes are finding the jetski. It comes back. This time letting you know of the culprit who was on it. The one who dared to splash all water purposefully on you all.

"Isn't that Jungkook?" Jennie asks.

You watch him smile and wink as he takes off.

"Of course it is."

♡♡♡

Oh sweeties howre ya all??

I was so sick T T couldn't update early. Cold is so irritating that it sucks. I hate cold so much. It's not even a one-day process it arrives with a big package of cough + sneezes + hot temperature + throat infection + tasteless + vomits and the list goes on...

This time it made sure to stay long and torture me until I wanted to strangle myself ( not really don't worry ) but I'm better. The cough is taking too long to go but again whatever I finally got to post.

Also, I've tried making a few book covers. And I don't know if I wanna change. Or I should? I don't know lol

You guys decide, here we go

Aaaa I don't know, or the current one's better? Eggh

Anyway hope you had a good time reading the update, will update next as soon as possible.

Until then, PLEASE BE CAREFUL W COLD, IT IS SO EW. Hope none of you go through what I went through–don't even wanna remember gadamn.

Aight that's for todayyyy

See you soon ;)

Muahhh

Amxnx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

141K 10.4K 31
i want to love you again. but how can i do it, when you've hurt me so much? ㅤㅤㅤㅤ+ sequel of "evanesce." a kim taehyung fanfic. ©95STIG...
1.8M 76.8K 58
"Just follow my lead, and we'll learn this together." ✔ ©BadBusanBxtchesOnly 2018 Started: 9/21/2018 Ended: 4/24/2019 1M reads 8/5/2021 💜💜 **🥉3RD...
220K 11.4K 36
'You're insane.' 'Insanely in love.'
1.3M 64.7K 48
" I will make you mine y/n , even if you are not supposed to be. And i don't care what it takes" -Moderately mature content -Emotional af 1ST PLACE...