tension // lee minho ✔️

By fictionbyvivi

choi soomin finds herself constantly drooling over the hot boy that works at her university's library. endles... More

authors note & additional comments
chapter one
chapter three
chapter four
chapter five
chapter six
chapter seven
chapter eight
chapter nine
chapter ten
chapter eleven
chapter twelve
chapter thirteen
chapter fourteen
chapter fifteen 🔞
chapter sixteen
chapter seventeen
chapter eighteen 🔞
chapter nineteen
chapter twenty
chapter twenty-one 🔞
chapter twenty-two
chapter twenty-three
chapter twenty-four
chapter twenty-five
chapter twenty-six
chapter twenty-seven 🔞
chapter twenty-eight
chapter twenty-nine
chapter thirty
chapter thirty-one 🔞
chapter thirty-two
chapter thirty-three
chapter thirty-four 🔞
chapter thirty-five
chapter thirty-six
chapter thirty-seven
chapter thirty-eight
chapter thirty-nine 🔞
chapter forty
chapter forty-one
chapter forty-two
chapter forty-three
chapter forty-four 🔞
chapter forty-five
chapter forty-six
chapter forty-seven
chapter forty-eight 🔞
chapter forty-nine
chapter fifty 🔞
chapter fifty-one
chapter fifty-two
final thoughts

chapter two

3.6K 175 346
By fictionbyvivi

a friend of a friend

i wasn't expecting the overwhelming positive response for just the first chapter of this story, so i've decided to give y'all a second update to show my appreciation! i love you guys! enjoy the chapter!

choi soomin

"i'm home!" i yell to no one in particular as i set my keys on the table and slide my shoes off. i turn around, heading into the kitchen, preparing to heat up some leftovers of some kind before i holed myself up in my room for the rest of the night. "oh, hey yeonjun." i wave, slightly startled at the fact that he was in the kitchen.

"hey, soomin." he waves back.

"where's soobin?" i ask, pulling open the fridge, my eyes scanning over its contents.

"upstairs."

"so why are you down here?"

"i wanted some fresh air." he shrugs as i look over to him.

"fresh air in the kitchen?" i furrow my brows, turning back around to pull out a bowl of leftovers.

"yeah..." he trails off.

"okay..." i nod slowly, reaching into the cupboard for a clean bowl. "oh hey, did soobin ever ask you about a guy named minho, works at the school library?"

"oh, yeah. lee minho, him and changbin are good friends."

"really? him and changbin?" i ask, feeling excited that minho was close to someone i knew decently well thanks to yeonjun.

"yeah. he's older though, doesn't go to the university, just works there." he explains.

"how much older?"

"about three years, i believe." i found myself smiling, happy that he was close enough to my age.

"is he single?" i blurt out, unable to control my thoughts.

"you'll have to ask changbin." he shrugs.

"good idea." i tell him, pulling my phone from my pocket and pulling up his contact.

"i admire how bold you are." he chuckles, leaning against the counter.

"what do you mean?"

"you see someone you like, and you go for them." he explains.

"oh. well i don't know if you've seen this lee minho, but he is the finest man i've ever laid eyes on. i would be stupid to not at least try." i laugh.

"fair enough." he nods, pushing himself off the counter. "good luck." he says before leaving the kitchen, his footsteps echoing through the house as he goes back upstairs. i click the call button on changbin's contact, putting it on speaker and placing it on the counter next to me as i start to scoop the leftovers into my new bowl. the phone rings a few times, and finally, he picks up.

"hey, soomin?" changbin's tone was questioning. i knew it was because i had never called him before, we weren't that close.

"hey, changbin. what are you up to?" i ask.

"hanging out with chan and jisung. why?"

"do you know lee minho?" i decide to drop the bomb, not wanting to beat around the bush any longer.

"um, yeah?"

"is he single?" i hear him chuckle slightly, though we weren't close, he knew how i was when it came to people i had crushes on. he was friends with soobin after all.

"he's not. sorry soomin." he responds.

"damn." i pout. "well thanks anyway." instantly making the mental note to back off. i was never the type to interfere with someone's relationship, no matter how attractive he may be. i couldn't help but feel extremely envious of whoever got lucky enough to be with him.

"is that all you called me for?" he asks with a laugh.

"yeah." i tell him honestly, causing him to laugh even more.

"well, don't be a stranger, soomin."

"yeah, you too." i pick up my phone, preparing to end the call.

"soomin! did you and soobin ever study for that test?" i recognized chan's voice through the phone, he was in the same class as soobin and i.

"yeah, have you?" i chuckle, knowing he definitely didn't. he never studies, yet always makes perfect grades. he swears up and down that he doesn't cheat, but i never know if i could believe him or not.

"nope. maybe you and soobin can come over and help."

"are you saying you're going to study for once?" i ask in amusement.

"yeah, it's a difficult test." he defends himself.

"or did all your cheating websites get shut down?" i joke.

"so funny." he says sarcastically. "i'll text soobin later."

"works for me."

"cool. cya soomin!" he exclaims, ending the call before i had a chance to say it back. i chuckle slightly, spooning some of the food out of my bowl and into my mouth, reveling in the taste of it as i hadn't had much to eat yet.

"soomin!" soobin yells, quickly making his way down the stairs. i could tell by his tone that he was angry. why? i have no clue.

"what?" i furrow my eyebrows as he bursts into the kitchen, glaring at me.

"where is it." he deadpans.

"you're going to have to be a little more specific."

"my lube." my eyes widen momentarily before i realize what he's talking about.

"red bottle? half empty?" i ask, he nods.

"it's on our bathroom sink, dingus. i didn't touch it." his ears glow red with embarrassment before he quickly turns around. "why do you even need lube right now?" i question, noting how his girlfriend was not here.

"i-i'm letting yeonjun borrow it." he says, giving no further explanation as he practically runs out of the kitchen, just as fast as he bursted in.

"something's up with you, and i'm gonna find out!" i call after him, continuing to eat my food. i knew him as well as i knew myself, and he was definitely not acting normal. the vibration of my phone pulls me out of my thoughts, a text from an unknown number flashing on my screen.

xxx-xxx-xxxx

change of plans. soobin
said he's busy. are you
free right now?

who is this?

wow you don't have
my number saved...

it's chan.

OH! hi chan. i'm
free now. why?

wanna come over and
help me study?

tonight?

yup.

what's in it for me?

the satisfaction of
helping a fellow
classmate?

...

minho is here.

he has a partner.

...

minho is here.

...

on my way.

-

"why did i agree?" i mumble to myself. it's not like he's going to fall in love with me when he sees me, and leave his partner. i didn't want that to happen either, i hated getting in between relationships. but i would be lying if i said i didn't want to see him again. just because he was taken doesn't mean he isn't nice to look at.

i quickly finish up my food, cleaning up any mess i made before running into my room. i slide on a pair of fitted leggings, pairing it with a loose, long-sleeved crop top, and deciding to leave my hair down, and jewelry in. i then grab everything i'll need to study, heading back out to slide on my shoes by the door.

"soobin! i'm going out!" i call out.

"where?" he yells back.

"chan's!"

"be careful!" and with that, i head out the door, stepping into the crisp fall weather. i grip the strap of my backpack, walking down the sidewalk towards chan's house. i was thankful he didn't live very far from us. i found myself walking a little bit faster than i normally would, a small smile tugging at the corners of my lips.

i get to see minho again.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.4M 315K 65
'The devil has a name and it is Kim Taehyung' Every girl wants a bad boy who would be good just for her. But what happens when you get the ultimate...
322K 10.2K 61
𝗙!𝗢𝗖 𝘅 𝗝𝗮𝘀𝗽𝗲𝗿 𝗛𝗮𝗹𝗲 Annabeth Swan moves to Forks, Washington with her older twin sister, Isabella to live with their father, Charlie Swa...
54.3K 2.4K 27
gim seulgi takes on the world as a single mother, with her son gim daehyun. "daehyun! what did we say about approaching strangers! i'm so sorry, he's...
164K 7.6K 103
In the vast and perilous world of One Piece, where the seas are teeming with pirates, marines, and untold mysteries, a young man is given a second ch...