RWBY: Grimm Slayer (Vol.5) (M...

By ZANE_555

Here is the fifth volume of this fanfiction I'm doing. (Keep in mind that this whole story and fanfic I'm doi... More

Author's Notes
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46

Chapter 35

156 5 1
By ZANE_555

(Haven Academy)

Inside of his own office, Lionheart sits at his desk as he looks at a small holographic screen, displaying the one-eyed Cinder, glaring furiously at the headmaster.

Lionheart: "I'm telling you, you can't come to the school right now. There are still decorators working on setting things up for this year's festival and if anything were to go wrong, all of our covers would be blown."

Cinder: "We don't have a choice, Leo! The White Fang had half of their operations discovered and capture by a surprise police raid. If we don't move in now, the White Fang attack is going to happen sooner rather than later. And if happen too early, any attempt to retrieve the relic quietly will be out the window."

Frowning at this, the Lion Faunus retorts back.

Lionheart: "You and your group can come and get the relic once the festival workers have left. I made sure all the students are off campus but, no sooner than that. I'll send you the earliest time when I know when that will be but, you should also advise the White Fang to hold off their attack as well if they want the minimal amount of resistance. We only got one shot to get this right."

After hearing this, Cinder groans and snarls back.

Cinder: "This would have all been easier if the Branwens would have just cooperated without a condition of their own."

Lionheart: "I did told you to be prepared for a difficult negotiation. Branwens rarely, if ever, back down."

Cinder: "Well, Raven and her Spring Maiden are on their way now. So, whatever time you plan to send us, you better be ready to open the damn Vault."

Lionheart: "I will be there. Don't you worry about that."

And with that, the headmaster ends the call, Cinder's face vanishing from sight. A moment later, Lionheart rest his face in his palms, contemplating the whole exchange he had with Cinder and the rest of her group he had previously before sighing to himself. 

_________________________________________________________________________________

(Ruby, Weiss, Yang, and Neo)

Back inside the Mistralian house, Ruby and crew all gathered in the living room, all seated around the table with papers and charts scattered on top of it, including the White Fang mask that Neo found. 

Qrow: "Lionheart has been lying to us."

Yang: "What makes you say that?"

Qrow: "I did some digging into the missions the missing huntsmen have been going and the huntsman, Lucero was right. Either they ended up being pointless or they ended in complete squad wipes. Worst of all, when I tried to track down who ordered the missions, almost every time the road led me back to Leo..."

Everyone in the room processes Qrow's words, especially Y/N as he tilts his head down, staring at the floor, listening and contemplating this. Regardless of that, Qrow resumes speaking. 

Qrow: "It wasn't even all that difficult to find. Like he didn't expect anyone to check."

This is when Ruby chimes in.

Ruby: "Or... that there'd be no one left to check."

Ren: "I agree, we can't rule out the possibility that several of the roadblocks to Mistral we encountered weren't caused by Lionheart's interference."

Jaune: "You mean like the train shutting down?"

Ren: "Precisely."

Nora then chimes in as well.

Nora: "But why would Lionheart send his own people out on suicide missions?"

This is when Jaune answers this.

Jaune: "It leaves the school completely unprotected."

Ruby: "Some of the earliest casualties as far as we can tell were teachers at Haven."

Jaune: "And with all the students gone on their own missions, it'd leave the school grounds completely open for an attack..."

As he said this, Jaune points to the White Fang mask before continuing.

Jaune: "At least that's what we got so far."

Roman then adds on to Jaune's remark.

Roman: "An attack that has the criminal underworld scurrying for safe harbor, which means some sort of massive disturbance on the horizon."

Upon hearing this, Yang goes to cuts into the discussion.

Yang: "Actually, Vernal came to warn me that something was happening tonight at Haven and that none of us would be safe afterwards..."

This caught the attention of everyone, especially Weiss and Y/N.

Y/N #1: "Vernal?"

Weiss: "She said that to you? When? Where?"

Yang: "She told me this just outside of here, an hour or so..."

Weiss and Y/N share a quick look before Yang speaks once more.

Yang: "I'm thinking that Raven made a deal with the White Fang or more likely, Salem's forces."

Hearing that last part makes Y/N scowls and slowly clench his fists tightly, 

Y/N #1: ("Lucero was right. Cinder and her lackeys are here in Mistral... and made a deal with Raven...?")

Weiss: "This doesn't make sense."

Y/N #1: "Yeah, Raven is all about survival of the fittest. Collaborating with Salem and her forces isn't something she would do."

Qrow: "You're right about that. Which means Raven is plotting something if she and Vernal are here in the city."

During this, Roman briefly looks to the side and is seemingly annoyed before sighing, closing his eyes and relinquishing control over to Ozpin. Ozpin's voice draws the attention of everyone in the living room. 

Ozpin: "Regardless of what Raven intends, we know a few facts to work with. Leo can't be trusted, there's something happening tonight at Haven, and the White Fang seem to be threatening the stability of all of Mistral. 

Ozpin: "With all this taken to account, the most prudent course of action would be to strike out to Haven as soon as possible."

Jaune looks to Oz and nods in agreement, standing up as he looks to the others.

Jaune: "We're not letting another Beacon happen..."

Ren and Nora also nod in agreement with him. 

Jaune: "Right Y/N?"

Y/N, who has been mostly quiet, is lost in thought over the discussion thus far only for Jaune's voice to disrupt it.

Y/N #1: "Hm? Oh, yeah. We're going to stop them and their plans and make them pay for what they done to Beacon and Vale."

This makes everyone nod in agreement as well. Eyes then fall to Ruby, who is lost in thought over the whole discussion and a little surprised by the attention. 

Ruby: "Hm? Why are you guys looking at me?"

Y/N #1: "You do lead mostly everyone here, Rubes."

Qrow: "It's your call, kid."

Looking at her uncle with no small amount of appreciation, Ruby refocuses herself, standing from her spot and drawing out Cresent Rose. 

Ruby: "We're going to Haven."

The moment she said this, Ruby unfolds her weapon into its scythe form, slamming it into the table, pointing to the front door.

Ruby: "Everyone, time to head out!"

Only for the table to break in half under the blade's weight. Everyone looks to the damaged table and then to Ruby, who quickly realize what she did.

Ruby: "Oops."

(A Few Minutes Later)

After the discussion they had in the living room, the group split off to get prepared for their visit to Haven. Seeing this as an opportunity, Y/N requested another chat with Ozpin.

Roman: "Really, again?"

Y/N #1: "I need to chat with him. It's about Lionheart."

Roman is visibly unsure until Y/N takes out a few liens from his pocket, giving a determined look to the crime boss. This just makes Roman sigh as he eventually responds.

Roman: "Fine..."

He then takes the liens from Y/N's hands.

Roman: "You're lucky I need get some stuff for me and Neo before we head out."

This makes Y/N smiles at the crime boss.

Y/N #1: "Thanks, Roman."

Roman: "Don't mention it. Really, don't."

And with that, the two head inside one of the house's bedrooms. Once they sit on the two beds across from each other, Roman closes his eyes once more and hands over the control to Ozpin.

Ozpin: "What would you like to discuss-?"

Y/N #1: "Let's cut to the chase, Ozpin. I want to talk about Lionheart."

There's a moment of silence between them before Ozpin asks.

Ozpin: "What about him?"

Y/N #1: "He's supposed to be one of your trusted allies. Like Glynda, Ironwood, and Headmaster Theodore. And now you're saying he can't be trusted?"

Ozpin: "All evidence shows that Leo has been collaborating with Salem's forces. It is the truth, unfortunately. I once told you and the others that Leo had loose lips, haven't I?"

Y/N #1: "You did. But there's a difference between having loose lips and working with the enemy?!"

Ozpin: "Please calm down, Y/N. I'm just as upset that Leo would work for them as well. Regardless, we're not sure what Leo's motivation for working under Salem's orders is. But I assure you that we will get to the bottom of this and prevent this attack from happening."

Y/N just sigh, placing his hand on his face and finally calming down. 

Y/N #1: "I'll hold you to that. I... I just can't believe Lionheart would double cross us like that. I thought he can be trusted because he's one of your trusted allies. I thought... we were on the same side. It just a lot to process, especially Raven of all people, making a deal with Salem's forces."

Ozpin gets up from his spot, walks over the sadden Y/N as he places a hand on Y/N's shoulder, giving a reassuring smile to him.

Ozpin: "We'll get our answers once we head to Haven Academy. For now, focus on your preparations and talk with your friends if you have enough time to do so."

Y/N #1: "Okay... thanks, Ozpin."

And with that, Ozpin slowly closes his eyes and relinquishing control over to Roman as he opens his eyes and shifting his gaze to Y/N.

Roman: "You... want me to get you something?"

Y/N leans back on the bed before replying.

Y/N #1: "I'm fine... just need some time to myself."

Roman: "Alright then."

The crime boss then leaves the room, leaving the door open as he walks out of sight. Y/N remains silent and seated in his spot, contemplating the whole exchange he had with Ozpin and the previous discussion in the living room. A few moments later, Y/N let a short sigh before getting up from his spot and leaving the bedroom. Once he does, Y/N ponder over Yang's remark about encountering Vernal recently, and what Vernal told her about something happening tonight at Haven.

Y/N #1: ("She told her that... okay, I need to get the bottom of this.")

He walks over to where Yang's bedroom is and after a minute of walking around the house, he manages to reach the room. He knocks on the door and a moment later, the door swings open, revealing Yang, robotic arm and all. 

Yang: "Oh, hey, babe. Didn't expect to see you here. What's up?"

Y/N #1: "Hey, Yang... if you're not busy, I want to talk with you."

Yang: "Oh sure."

She gestures him to walk inside her room, which he does. As Yang closes the door, Y/N goes to sit on the bed. Beside him is an open-up duffel bag as he looks over to see its content.

Y/N #1: "Huh, you really didn't bring that much."

Yang: "Well, the only thing I'm going to need is my weapon and ammo."

This just makes Y/N rolls his eyes, while smiling. 

Y/N #1: "Always so gung-ho."

The smiling Yang moves the duffel bag aside for her to sit next to him as she leans her head over his shoulder.

Yang: "One of the many things you love about me."

They stay like this for a moment or two before Yang finally asks.

Yang: "So... what do you want to talk about, babe?"

Y/N #1: "It's about Vernal. Did she really inform you about the upcoming attack on Haven?"

Yang: "She did. It was really unexpected to be honest. I mean, Vernal is... well, you know."

Y/N #1: "I know. I just want to know what else she told you?"

Yang: "As far as I'm aware, she wanted me to take Weiss and even you out of the city once the attack does happen."

Y/N #1: "Really? Why?"

Yang: "Apparently, because the next time we meet her, she won't be on the same side as us."

This makes Y/N's eyes widen a bit as he looks down at the floor.

Y/N #1: "I see."

Yang: "Yeah... she told me that she isn't sure that you're even brainwash or not."

Y/N #1: "Me? Brainwash?"

Yang: "That's what she said. Then again, Raven told me that Qrow, Ruby, and the others were brainwash because of Ozpin so, I'm not sure where Vernal was going with that."

Y/N #1: "Oh..."

There's a moment of silence between them with Yang still leaning her head over Y/N's shoulder. It's only when Yang goes to place her hand over Y/N's as she then asks.

Yang: "Hey, babe... during that whole discussion we had, you've been awfully quiet... why is that?"

Y/N pauses for a bit, contemplating on what to say before sighing shortly.

Y/N #1: "It's about Lionheart, Yang. When we found out Lionheart is double-crossing us, and all the evidence point to that, I was just... sad... sad and frustrated."

Yang: "I know how you feel. I mean, Lionheart is supposed to be Haven's headmaster. People look up to him. I can't believe he would do this."

Y/N #1: "I know, right? I honestly believe in Lionheart. I saw him as a trusted ally, especially since Ozpin trusted him... so much for that..."

Yang: "Anything else, babe?"

Y/N #1: "I... I thought things would go smoothly with Lionheart's help as headmaster and a huntsman but, apparently not... now we're on our own again."

Yang lets go of his hand and goes to wrap her arm around Y/N, pulling him close to her as he continues speaking.

Y/N #1: "I really did... wanted to trust him, Yang..."

Yang goes to kiss on the lips for a few seconds before separating to look at him.

Yang: "I know, babe... I know..."

Once again, the two quietly stay in place for a few moments until Y/N breaks the silence in the room.

Y/N #1: "I have been... distrustful towards others. People who I don't know... people who might cause harm to me, and all of you... even after making it to Mistral, that thought of mine doesn't go away..." ("Thanks to that fucking Cinder, her shitty lackeys, and Salem's own allies.")

Yang: "And because of that, you wanted trust someone like Lionheart, right?"

Y/N #1: "Yeah... heh, so much for that. But I do know one thing..."

Before he continues, Y/N move away a bit to fully look at Yang.

Y/N #1: "I trust you guys. Always have, always will. You're like... family to me."

This makes Yang smile warmly as Y/N resumes.

Y/N #1: "And that includes Blake too, Yang?"

Yang: "Eh?"

Y/N #1: "Weiss told me about her talk with you back in the hot spring resort."

Yang: "Oh..."

The blonde girl shifts her gaze away a bit only for Y/N to wrap his arm around hers.

Y/N #1: "I get that you're upset and angry over Blake leaving us. Let her take her time and sooner or later, she will come back to us. And we'll be there for her."

Yang: "Easy for you to say when there's another you with her already."

Y/N #1: "Yang..."

With a sigh, Yang turns her gaze back to Y/N.

Yang: "But I understand what you and Weiss are saying. Still, once she does come back, I can't guarantee that I won't be bitter about it."

Y/N #1: "Well, at least you're trying."

Yang: "I am."

As she said this, Yang collapses onto him, making him lay down on her bed. This briefly surprise Y/N only to see Yang snuggling up to him.

Y/N #1: "Yang..."

Yang: "Let's be honest... we need this... let's just... stay like this for a little longer..."

Y/N smiles softly to her as he goes to gently caress her lock of golden hair as they cuddle with one another. 

Y/N #1: "I guess... we do."

They remain like this for minutes but, to them, it felt like hours has passed. As much as they want to stay like this for a bit longer, Yang and Y/N slowly part ways and get off from the bed. With a quick kiss on the lips, Y/N left Yang's bedroom as they go prepare to head over to Haven Academy. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.7K 249 29
Here is the fourth volume of this fanfiction. (Keep in mind that this whole story and fanfic is based on Celtic Phoenix's Fixing RWBY series.) (Discl...
12.5K 345 10
Y/N spends his time wandering around the world of Remnant, inside and outside the four kingdoms. All for the sake of practicing his Grimm slaying ski...
1.1K 8 28
This is my first story I have made so I hope you enjoy it Story: There was a team of 5 misfits created to protect/defend their universe/dimensions an...
7.8K 47 22
This will be my second attempt at writing a fanfic involving an oc of my own and Yang Xiao Long from RWBY and my second attempt at writing a fanfic i...