Ronny

By oliviaxxwrites

Perfect appearances, perfect grades, perfect manners. Anything less for Adelina Torres and her family kicks h... More

Intro
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Epilogue 1

Chapter 45

41.3K 944 134
By oliviaxxwrites

Aaron Hendrix

Walking into one of my office buildings, I can't help but be slightly nervous about this meeting. I don't know what he wants, and it is driving me crazy.

I can't fucking believe he already approached Addie, twice, and bothered her enough for her to be that stressed out when I picked her up.

When Addie asked for more information on my background with him, I felt slightly guilty for leaving out huge details like how he would starve me for days to toughen me up, or how he stabbed me each time I said a word when I wasn't supposed to.

She doesn't need to know.

I also didn't mention the business he was preparing me to take over was his Mafia, and that my father has been fuming over the past few years because I left him to start my own.

When I reach the meeting room, I see him sitting in one of the chairs. He looks a little aged, but about the same as he always has. A stubble of black and gray lines his face, he wears a black suit, and a smirk forms on his face when he sees me. I close the door behind me, feeling comfortable that Owen is already in the room.

He gives me a look as I sit down, "What the hell do you want." I get right to the point, not wanting to spend a second longer with this man than I have to.

Seeing him brings back too many memories.

"That's no way to greet your father, Aaron." He tells me, "Have I taught you no manners?"

I clench my jaw to try and stop myself from beating his ass into the ground right here. Who does he think he is? Showing up to the empire I built and thinking he can talk down to me?

I keep my composure, "What do you want." I Ignore his words.

He sighs and leans back in his chair, clasping his hands on his lap. "Fine, I will be the bigger man and say it is nice to see you again. And you too, Owen. Are you allowed to talk now?" He says to Owen, who doesn't say a word.

I told Owen not to engage with him until I got here, but I bet my dad tried to speak with him while they were alone. "If you can't answer his question, get the fuck out of here." Owen snaps at him.

He feigns an offended face, "I raised you like a son, and this is how you treat me?"

After a moment of silence where my father finally figures out that we are not here to talk with him, just to get him out of here, he sighs. "It is quite hard to talk business with you two being so...pigheaded."

"I want to partner with you." He finally spits out.

"No." I say, not missing a beat. I stand up, "If that's all, leave."

He doesn't move, "Either we discuss this here, or we discuss it at Hamilton's this Saturday, although I strongly suggest we do it here rather than in front of your girlfriend." He says, "She's lovely by the way."

Hamilton is some big shot from Italy who is hosting a business dinner similar to the one I saw Addie at a few weeks ago. Everyone dangerous and worth anything is there, and I assume Addie's family is on the invite list.

"Go near her again and I will kill you."

He laughs at my threat, "I raised you better than to get so emotional over a girl. I will say, if I thought you were going to get tied down I assumed it'd be with a bitch with a little better of a body than--

I didn't even realize I punched him until he was bent over, clutching his bloody nose. "Crawl back to New York and don't ever show your face here again."

I turn to leave the meeting room, fuming at hearing him speak of Addie like that. I don't even know what he's talking about. Has he even seen Adelina?

Her body is fucking perfect.

"He met Lina?" Owen catches up to me. I nod, "Twice."

Owen tenses at this, knowing just as well as I that my father is a bad man who wouldn't hesitate to hurt her if it means fucking with me.

"Is Lina going to Hamilton's?" He asks.

"No." I respond without hesitating. I don't give a damn if her family is going, I refuse to let her. I don't care If I sound crazy or protective or whatever, she is not going.

Owen sighs, "You think he's gonna take no for an answer and leave?"

"No."

----

Adelina Celine Torres

"You're eating all that?" Avery makes a face at my plate full of turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, and green beans.

"Yes." I say back, annoyed with her tone. If I want to consume a thousand calories in one meal, I am going to do it. Its Thanksgiving, I just want to get through this meal and watch Charlie Browns thanksgiving with Nick.

"She is letting herself go, let her be my sweet girl." Mama says. "I do not want to have a fat sister." Avery scoffs.

Oh my gosh leave me alone.

Nick rolls his eyes at Avery's words, "Can we just have a nice thanksgiving?" He asks. "We are trying to." Mama says defensively, "Sorry it draws attention when Adelina takes so much food onto her plate. There is a standard in this family and--

"Let her eat." Papa cuts Mama off, surprising me. "Surely Aaron will leave you after he sees you gaining weight." He adds, which pulls me right back into how Papa views me. Why did I think he was defending me?

The rest of dinner goes a little smoother, I just sit quietly while the rest of my family talks about stuff like work or social events coming up.

"The Hamilton's tomorrow seems like it will be fun." Nick says, and I tense at his words.

The other day when Aaron came home from his meeting with his father, he told me how he tried to partner with him and how he rejected it, but wasn't confident his father would take no for an answer. He also told me that under no circumstances I go to the Hamilton's, and he made me pinky promise this.

"Time Magazine wants a photo of our family on the carpet for their cover, so everyone look presentable." Mama says, her eyes on me when she says the last part.

My hands start to sweat as I say, "I can't go."

Mama and Papa's heads snap my direction, "What do you mean you can't go?" Mama's tone is obviously irritated. "I um...I can't." Is all I come up with, "I have plans." I add, hoping they will dismiss this. They don't even want me there, why do I have to go?

"This is not up for discussion, we show up as a family." Papa demands, his voice threatening.

God help me.

"I am not going." I say, bracing myself for him to scream at me. "Why do you even want me there? None of you guys besides Nick even acknowledge me at these things."

"If you must know, I have someone to introduce you to." Papa says and my blood runs cold. Another person?

Nick intervenes, "You are not introducing her to any of the assholes you work with."

"What did you just say to me?" Papa turns to Nick. Nick doesn't say anything, making Papa laugh. "Cute, taking your little sister's side. Too bad it doesn't matter. Be ready at six or I pull all of your tuition money, and blacklist you from ever having a career."

My mouth drops open at his words, "You wouldn't" Nick says. "Try me. Now Adelina, please excuse yourself from dinner so we can finish eating in peace."

Tears are forming in my eyes at his threat and his blatant disregard for my feelings. I get up and storm out, just wanting to be alone. I hear Nick follow me, stopping me just before I close my bedroom door.

"Lina," he says, "I will be at this thing, I won't let any of his friends near you."

I shake my head, "I really can't go. I promised Aaron I wouldn't."

He raises an eyebrow at this, "Why is Aaron controlling what you do?"

"It's not like that, he just knows someone who is very bad is going to be there, and he wants me safe."

"I will be with you, you will be safe."

"But I promised him."

"He doesn't have to know."

1446 words

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1M 42.9K 60
Highest Ranks- 1# Mafia 1#hostage 1#happyending 1#complete 1#good girl 1#italian 2#happy ending 2#opposites 3#Mature 4#morallygrey Rosie didn't h...
Arcadian By Elijah<3

Teen Fiction

4M 82.1K 36
Arcadian (adj.) idyllically innocent; simple and untroubled by fear or worry. Harper Flores is the human embodiment of a ray of sunshine. She's kind...
8.2M 193K 52
Sebastian Black was the number one most feared mafia leader in the streets of LA. At the age of 25 he runs the city and police department. He gets w...
73.2K 1.9K 50
When a mother took her quadruplets away from their older siblings and father to never see them again. The four grow up not knowing anything about the...