𝓔𝓷𝓽𝓻𝓪𝓹𝓹𝓮𝓭 𝓫𝔂 𝓔𝔃�...

By Love_Death_Desire

KATHERINE SOLARIAN Katherine is a strong, powerful woman, she has always admired the story of how her parents... More

Warnings
PROLOUGUE
CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16

CHAPTER 5

198 2 0
By Love_Death_Desire

The lavender may be in disguise but her scent is still strong

1 month later

The air inside this bar is humid, the fan above me barely helps with the heat. This place reeks of sweat and beer. The cold beer in my hand helps with this predicament. I've been hunting Shadow down. I haven't contacted anyone since the ambush. My parents have no idea what's happening and I have no idea where Zuri and Max are.

I got a new phone but have been careful when using it. I know I need to contact the rest of my team but have been busy. This is a lead I've been following. Either Shadow has come to this bar or someone who knows Shadow has.

A man comes over to bring me another beer. "Escuché un hombre llamado Shadow visitó este lugar," I say.
(I heard a man named Shadow visited this place)

Good thing mom made me learn a few languages.

The man froze in his place and glanced at me. "Si fuera tú, olvidaría que escuché ese nombre." He says as he turns to leave.
(If I were you I'd forget I heard that name.)

"Por favor solo dame cualquier información," I say urgently.
(Please just give me any information)

The man doesn't look at me "Escuché que un hombre llamado Shadow asistirá a un baile. Es casi imposible entrar a menos que no fueras invitada"
(I heard a man named Shadow will be attending a ball. It's almost impossible to get in without an invite)

I smirk at the mention of this. I can get in as Katherine Solarian.

The man starts walking away "Nunca escuchaste esto de mi"
  (You never heard this from me)

"Gracias," I said before standing up and leaving a 200-dollar tip.

I walk out of the bar and walk through the crowded streets. I see a bus and walk up to the driver. "Necesito que me lleves al este"
(I need a ride to the east)

"¿Tienes dinero?" The man asks, eyeing me. I don't look like I have a lot of money. I have some black shorts on, a baggy black plain T-shirt and some combat boots.
(You have money?)

I reach into my pocket and pull out a hundred-dollar bill causing the driver to open the door. I know exactly what ball Shadow will be attending. It's the only important ball that's coming up. The Awakening ball. A ball where rich people gather together and brag about their achievements.

I'll be attending as Katherine Solaria. Shadow didn't see my face when I met him so I won't be noticed by him.
                             >>>>>>>>>>>>>

My head rests on the car window as my surroundings flash by. This mission wasn't supposed to end up like this. Mini and Conner weren't supposed to die.

Mom told me that your life can change in a blink of an eye. She said that everyone has hard times and that one day I'll have mine. She also said that those hard times build you into who you are because getting over hardships makes you stronger than ever.

I feel drained, I've spent only a month hunting Shadow down and my mind already feels like it's been used to the limit. How did my mom do it? Staying on guard all the time. Staying up all night. Constantly working. I feel like I'm being constantly watched. I'm paranoid all the time. Dad does things like this every single day. Doesn't he ever feel like his brain is just going rotten inside his head?

The ball I'm attending is in New York. I had to travel under the grid, so no planes. When I finally got here, I sent my regards letting the hosts know I was gonna be attending. I don't know anyone here. Normally when I go to Balls, I come with my family and get to see Uncle Dom, Aunt Sasha, the twins, and (forgot her name). I feel so... lonely.

The car stops in front of the entrance, I give the driver a tip and get out of the car. The entrance is big, two men stand on each door and give me a nod before opening them. I am not wearing my eye contacts since everyone in the ball will already know my blood lineage. I walk down the building, my heels hitting the marble floor. The black dress I wear covers my arms and chest, the only piece of skin showing is the low back cut. A slit goes in the back of the dress right in the middle, allowing me to not feel suffocated

My hair is in a messy low bun, and I gave myself a smoky look. I put on my silver rings and added on my small cross earrings. A little touch of me.

It's been so long since I've worn something I've wanted to wear. The least I could do is make my accessories and makeup a little bit more like me.

It's not long before I hear the noise of chatter. I walk upon a wide corridor with silver chandeliers hanging from the high ceiling and watch in horror as I see hundreds of people.

Shit.

There is no way I'm finding him with all of these people.

Is this ball really this important?

I walk through the crowd calmly, I feel eyes on me. They are all wondering the same thing.

What is a pure-blooded doing here?

At this rate, I won't be able to even lay eyes on Shadow.

I hear the faint sound of hip-hop music and frown at the sound. People walk over to the music and take some sort of appetizer from the trays waiters have. I slowly walk towards the sound and push through the people only to stare in awe at the scene before me.

Women and men sway their hips as they smile and laugh. It's like they have forgotten where they are at. In the middle I can see him, his white hair is ruffled from all the dancing, and he sways with 2 women as the beat of the music intensifies. The crowd grows bigger and bigger. Women's dresses are riding up from the movements.

"Huh?" I stare dumbfounded at the sight. This is a ball, not a club. Where is this music coming from? How did he even? Why are peop— I sigh exasperated.

I need a drink, a strong one.

I go to the bar and don't even bother to ask for a drink, I just serve myself.  I take a long sip and slam the glass down on the counter.

Mom got a mystery guy named S and she got to be a badass and defeat him.

I get a freaking lunatic who is dancing like he's at some sort of rave at a ball. How are people even allowing this to happen?  I pour myself another drink and chug it.

"Careful love you don't wanna get drunk" I hear a familiar voice say.

I turn around and almost run into him. He is leaning against the counter. His hair is perfectly tousled from all the dancing and he has a smirk on his face.

I feel my heart beat rapidly in alarm before I remember, he doesn't know I am the one from that night.

But how did he get here? I didn't even notice him or hear him.

"And you are?" I ask calmly as I take a step back.

"Ezra," he says.

Ezra

"I'm guessing you are the one who started this?" I motion my hand toward the dancing crowd.

Be calm. He doesn't know you were the one from that night.

He looks at the crowd and smiles as if he's happy with what he has done.

"Ah, yes I did. I thought I could make this ball less boring" he says.

"How did you even convince them? They wouldn't be caught dead dancing like that in front of all these nobles" I say keeping my tone calm before taking a sip of my drink.

"I gave them some..." he pauses as if he's thinking of the word "candy and from there it passed along," He says calmly.

I almost choked on my drink. "You drugged them?" I ask.

That must have been what was on the tray.

"Yes, I did," He says, eyeing me. "Have we met before? You seem so familiar"

I feel my heart skip a beat at the question.

"Never seen you before today," I say calmly hoping he believes me.

"I suppose we have not, I mean there's no way I wouldn't remember those eyes," He says, staring at them.

"Your eyes are interesting as well," I say as I stare at his mismatched eyes.

"My eyes are considered a curse, at least that's what the rumors say." He says, his smirk never leaves his face.

"What are they considered?"

"Wouldn't you like to know?" He says. "Tell me what is a pure-blooded doing here at this ball?"

"I could ask you the same," I retorted.

"Well I'm not a pureblood but you are... Katherine, that's your name, isn't it? You're the oldest daughter of the pureblood family. You have a boyfriend, don't you? His name is Max. How is he doing?" He says playing with the rings on his finger.

How does he know about Max?

"You know Max?" I ask

"Yes, in fact, I believe he's here. I just don't know where. How about you tell me?" He says leaning in closer. His eyes dim in a threatening way. I feel my body gain full-body chills and resist the urge to take a step back from our close proximity.

He isn't asking. He's threatening me.

I glare at him and take a step forward. "I don't know where he is and even if I did I wouldn't tell you."

His smirk only broadened, and the atmosphere went from tense to tenser."Now that I think about it, it's quite odd how your partner arrived here without you. Is he even your partner anymore?"

I didn't even know Max was here. Does that mean Zuri is here too?

"Why would you wanna know?" I ask haughtily

"I'm just curious I mean I've always heard of your little puppy following you around," He says his words sounding mocking at the word, puppy.

"You don't like Max, why?"

"Let's just say he's meddled in my business and I felt it was time I said hello. It's the only reason why I came to this boring ball in the first place." He says as he serves himself a drink.

I think back to Mini and Conner's dead face and feel my blood boil at the thought of him hurting another one of the people I care about.

I need to calm down, to him this is our first encounter. I take a deep breath before chugging the rest of my drink. "Excuse me I need to use the ladies' room"

I try to step around him but he goes in front of me. He sends me a smirk before grabbing my hand and placing a kiss on it. I feel sparks fly up my arm and try not to react. I gently take my hand out of his grasp and don't even bother sending him a fake smile.

I walk away yet I feel his burning stare on my body. I go to the side halls and make my way to the bathrooms. I didn't lie when I said I had to use the lady's room. Before I make it to the bathroom I feel a pair of arms pull me and drag me into the bathroom. I instantly reacted by punching the person in the face. They groan and immediately call out "Wait!"

I look up at them. "Max!?" I look at him in shock. He has a tux on and his hair is styled. "What are you doing here?"

"I could ask you the same," He said as he rubbed his nose. "What happened, you went MIA on us. Me and Zuri went looking for you and all we found were Mini and Conners dead bodies. We thought you got kidnapped or something but then we found you having a drink with Shadow"

Max spits out the name like venom. He seems disgusted by Shadow – Ezra so much. Why? How did Ezra even know about him? It just doesn't make sense.

"Max, you have such hatred for this guy. Why?" I cross my arms as I stare at him.

Max freezes at the question but quickly covers it up by responding "He has killed so many innocent people and probably is the reason Mini and Conner are dead too" 

I don't believe him. There's more to it.

"Well looks like this hatred is both ways because he seems to be very persistent in finding you. He's looking for you right now." I say sternly.

Max's face pales and he is unable to say another word.

"Max, tell me the truth right now," I say as I take a step toward him.

"Katherine how about you start telling where you have been all this time and why you were talking to that monster" Max says angrily.

"You're trying to evade my question, Max," I say trying to keep my cool.

"Why does it matter?" He asks

"It matters because I need to know what is going on in order for me to help you," I say, jabbing my finger into his chest. "Tell me. Now"

Max runs his hand through his hair and sighs "I've been coming for this guy for years. He is dangerous. He kills for fun –for god's sake he!..." He sighs and takes a deep breath before speaking calmly. "He knew someone was after him and now he knows who. Me. If he finds me he'll kill me."

I think over his words.

I still don't understand why come after him for year? Why not tell me about this?

"Max, you need to leave, we'll talk about this later. He knows your in this building it's only a matter of time before he loses his patience and stops waiting around" I say calmly before adding "Also we need to talk about... other things"

Max gives me a confused look "What other things?"

"We'll talk later," I say.
Before turning round and walking out of the bathroom. I walked down the hallway back towards the disaster of a ball. I need to keep an eye on Ezra, at least until Max leaves this place. I–

I feel a pair of arms grab me and turn me. My back hits the big pillar behind me and I face a smirking Ezra.

"You took a long time in the lady's room, love" He whispers.

I move my hand towards my thigh strap to get my gun but he grabs my hand and pins it behind me. "What  are you doing?" I ask. Ezra's face is only a few inches away from me and If I were to take a deep breath my breasts would push up against him.

"I know he's here. I'll find him whether you tell me or not so just make this easier for both of us." He says with a bored look on his face.

"Fuck off" I spit before kneeing him in the no-no area.

I push him off me and walk away as fast as I can in my heels.

I hear him chuckle behind me and feel my body tense up weirdly at the sound.

Maybe I am a little tipsy.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3K 347 29
She was just a normal girl, Then her world shattered. The death of her mother : who looks and deceives even her own daughter to think she was human. ...
1.8M 46K 128
She was his motivation. Madison Connor, the only woman he had ever loved, the woman he had hurt, the woman he had left. Billionaire Damien Daniels ha...
16.7K 873 33
Mature content! 18+ The world wasn't dictated by humans anymore, a different species had come out of the shadows over 400 years ago and taken their p...
477K 14.9K 38
| P S Y C H O - T H R I L L E R | "People come and go, Some will stay but will eventually leave. But there are people who will come in your life, wil...