Idiots to Lovers (bxb)

By itsmeimthevampire

||WATTY WINNER 2023🌟|| Two strangers pretend to be a couple to win a dumb bet. The wager: they must enrol in... More

1 | Neon Nike's and Chocolate Muffins
2 | Sunlight, Buttercups, and All Things Yellow
3 | Lost Keys and Grandma's Wrestling Career
4 | A Bit-too-sweet Cake and the Future of the Galaxy
5 | Faking Allergies and Losing At Therapy
6 | Fake Orchids and Exchanging Numbers
7 | The Pain of Having an Older Sibling
8 | A Furious Manager and A Brave Escapade
9 | Stolen Ice Cream and Sneaky Sheep
10 | Breaking Eggs For A Hundred Cupcakes
11 | Lumpy Toadstools and Fondant Flowers
12 | Rainbow Caterpillar and The Chair Pile
13 | Three Reasons Why
14 | A Depressing Spotify Playlist
15 | Just Two Bros Making Christmas Cake
16 | Roller Skates and Disco Lights
17 | random short chapter just here to piss my readers off xP
18 | why can't this boy just go out and do something instead of listening to...
19 | The Allergies Are For Real This Time (I Swear)
20 | Breaking Brownies and a Bit of Bribery
21 | Happy Songs and Runny Eggs
Part Two - taking reader requests for special scenes
22 | That Annoying Beam of Light That Wakes You Every Morning
23 | Always Keep Your Phone on Silence When Sneaking Around
24 | The Addiction Starts
25 | House on Fire
26 | Things Only Get Worse Where Everett Is Concerned
27 | The Not-Very-Relaxing Drive
Bonus | Poem by Brian
28 | Ice-cream Date
Flashback | So Far In The Friendzone
Flashback | It Was Most Definitely A Date, Right?
Flashback | It doesn't make a difference if he's gay-he still wouldn't like you
29 | You've sucked me into the absolute torture that is Wattpad
30 | Glow in the dark stickers
31 | Honestly, I do not trust everett and I do not trust whatever he is planning
32 | How Many Kinds of Green Are There Anyway?
33 | Paint Got On Everything Except For The Wall
34 | This Was Really Not My Fault
35 | The Mandatory Fairground Date In Every Wattpad Book
36 | Everyone Knows Carnival Games Are Rigged
37 | Baby You're A Haunted House
38 | No Space For You on My Beanbag
39 | That Questionable Christmas Cake From Earlier
41 | Secret Recipe Hot Chocolate
42 | This is why you should never preheat the oven
43 | A Big, Huge, Giant Hat
44 | A big ball of cake rolling across the floor
45 | Bon-Bons and (Not) Baking
46 | Christmas at the Cafe
47 | Gingerbread House
48 | Practice is Overrated
49 | A Festive Surprise
50 | Caramel Candycane Christmas Candle β„’
51 | A Controversial Christmas Present
52 | In The Moonlight
Authors Note
Quiz | Which Character Am I?

40 | Snow Monster

2.8K 164 82
By itsmeimthevampire

I realized too late that I had eaten far too much Christmas cake. I say eaten, but more realistically I had drunk it. It was too soggy to slice, or even hold, so Everett had just spooned the vile concoction into a big Santa mug. He said it was more festive that way.

"I'm not sure whether I'm numb from the cold or from this cake," I muttered, reaching a hand to my face. It felt like there was a lag between the moment I tried to move my hand and the moment my hand actually moved.

"It's not the cake, don't worry. I'm completely numb too," Everett assured.

"But you ate more cake than I did."

"Well, I feel fine." He flopped down into a pile of snow, gesturing expansively. "It's just the cold."

We were sitting outside in the garden, waiting until the snow piled up enough to build a snowman. The wind whipped against my face and flakes stuck to my lashes.

I drew up my knees, shifting closer to Everett's warmth. "Remind me again why we aren't just waiting inside?"

"It could just stop snowing and evaporate at any instant! I don't want to miss it again."

I traced a pattern onto the snow. The layer was thin enough that the brown mud beneath dirtied the white surface. "We'll have to wait a while."

"No, there's like," he gestured wildly, "snow everywhere. We can make angels too."

Everett wriggled about where he lay in the snow. His limbs moved haphazardly, not keeping to any particular direction as he muttered something about the art of making snow angels under his breath. I temporarily wondered whether he was drunk. But then again, he wasn't acting any differently to normal.

When he was done he scrambled to his feet, kicking up more snow and mud in the process. His hands planted on the angel, leaving glove prints all over, his elbows messing up the wings. I pulled him to his feet and we stood side by side, gazing at his handiwork. It looked like a dog had tried to dig a hole.

Everett beamed. "Does it look like me?"

I tipped my head to the side. "Um...sure."

"Really?"

"Well, it has your essence."

He seemed pleased with that answer. His eyes glittered from beneath snow caked lashes, and I could see the edge of a smile from behind his yellow scarf.

"Let's gather up some snow from around the garden," Everett suggested. "I think we can make a big enough pile for a snowman."

Everett led me to the shed from where he promoted grabbed a rake. I opted for the more obvious choice of a snow shovel. We started building our pile, his rake dragging muddy lines through the snow. It created dirty brown rivulets all over the lawn, snow turning to rainwater and mixing with the sand.

"Uhh...I think we have enough now." Everett leaned against his rake, staring unsurely at the dirty heap of snow.

"It's mud," I stated. "What we're making is a mud man."

"It melted faster than I thought." Everett squinted up at the sun that had poked out of the clouds and was now beaming brightly. "Curse you, horrendous British weather." He shook his rake at the sky, sending dirty snow flying over us both.

I half-heartedly prodded at the heap with the tip of my shovel. "We can still poke a couple sticks in there and give it a face."

Everett tried to snap off a twig from the tree that grew beneath his window. It yanked out the entire bottom branch instead, one almost as tall he was. He stumbled under the sudden weight of it, the branch tipping and thwacking him on the face.

"I am not climbing down that tree again." I raised my shovel in the direction of the destroyed trunk.

Everett groaned. "I could use a little help here."

I hoisted one end of the thick branch. "Where should we put this?"

"Just lay it right here, it can fertilize the tree and help the broken part grow back."

"We'd have to bury it really deep though," I said doubtfully. "We should probably just get rid of it; it'll be a mess in your yard."

Glancing around the garden, I saw that it was already a terrible mess. I could only hope that it would snow again and cover it up before his parents got home.

"No it's fine, it'll be gone soon," Everett said.

"Maybe the rest of it," I mused. "But the branch is much too big to be buried by any snowing."

"It doesn't need to be buried. It'll just break down in a few days and fertilize the whole place."

My jaw went slack. "Everett, it doesn't just- just disappear."

"It decomposes! It goes back in the ground," he exclaimed, waving at the branch.

"Yes but that's...over years." I sighed. "And generally works on much smaller chunks."

"Oh." He paused. "I've just been breaking plants and scattering them around all these years. It always disappears the next day. I thought I was fertilizing the yard."

"Your dad probably has to clean it all up later."

Everett looked thoughtful for a moment. "He does get annoyed sometimes, but I was confused as to why. I thought I was helping."

I looked on, bemused, as Everett straddled the thick branch and started tugging. He finally managed to yank out a few short twigs which he then jabbed ferociously into the pile of melted snow.

"Why does this snowman have three arms?" I questioned as I got to collecting pebbles.

"Mm...no, one of them is the nose."

"But it's the same length as the arm twig." I picked up an oblong stone and tossed it away, trying to find a smaller one with a more rounded shape. It didn't exactly match the stone I had picked out for the left eye.

"You just have to use your imagination," Everett advised. He picked up a hefty stone and threw it onto the heap, collapsing it even more if that were possible. "There, you can use that for the other eye."

The snowman lay in a sad puddle, half buried under the large rock that was meant to be its eye. With broken sticks and streaks of mud, it looked more like a snow monster than a man. It was a grotesque sight.

"It looks sort of okay actually.... Not as bad as I thought it would turn out!" Everett beamed. "Let's go inside. I'll make hot chocolate!"

A/n: empiresofwater made this pic for me! She writes queer historical fiction, so if that sounds like something you're interested in you should check out this link to her profile! —> empiresofwater

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

37.5K 2.2K 30
Toby Wentworth's life is a clusterfuck. For a lot of reasons. And one of them just happens to be the fact that he is very gay, and also so far in the...
593K 4.8K 10
Just a collection of boyxboy oneshots I made! Happy reading! :) *** These stories contain romance between two boys. If you're not okay with that then...
260K 21.8K 44
[Featured in FreetheLGBT: Diverse Literature reading list and Humor: Young. Dumb. Full of Fun list] Colin Mitchell, a photographer at a well-known st...
1.2M 49.5K 64
Jamie is happy with life, he has everything under control and every day is the same, just like he wants it. He is a loner by choice, girlfriends and...