The (Bill)ionaire

By Adc_fan01

2 Years ago Clarke and her father got into a terrible car crash. Clarke woke up in the hospital a few days la... More

Summary
Chapter 1: The Accident
Chapter 2: Woods INC
Chapter 3: Finance
Chapter 5: The Next Morning
Chapter 6: Worry

Chapter 4: Bar

24 2 1
By Adc_fan01

The next morning, Clarke woke up early and packed her backpack. She had made a decision. She was going to quit school and her part time job at the coffee shop instead she was going to look for a full-time job. She knew it was risky, but she felt like she had no other choice. She couldn't stand the thought of losing her father or seeing her mom struggle anymore. She had to do something.

She wrote a note for her mom and left it on the kitchen table. She hoped her mom would understand, and not be too angry or disappointed. She loved her mom, but she couldn't talk to her right now. She needed some space.

She walked to the bus stop and waited for the bus that would take her to the city center. She had a list of places where she could apply for a job. She didn't care what kind of job it was, as long as it paid well enough to cover the bills.

She got on the bus and sat down. She looked out the window and wondered if she would ever come back here. She wondered if she was making a mistake.

She shook her head and tried to clear her thoughts. She had to focus on her plan. She had to be strong.

She took out her phone and texted Raven

Clarke: Hey, Raven. I need to tell you something.

Raven: Is everything okay?

Clarke: No, it's not.

Raven: What is it, Clarke?

Clarke: I'm quitting school.

Raven: What? Clarke, no! You can't do that!

Clarke: I have to, Raven. I need to find a job and help Mom, she wants to quit paying the hospital bills.

Raven: Clarke, that's crazy! You're in your last year! You're almost done! You have a scholarship waiting for you at the art college!

Clarke: I don't care about that right now Raven, I care about my family.

Raven: Clarke, please reconsider. You're throwing away your future!

Clarke: No, Raven, I'm saving my dad.

Raven: Clarke, please don't do this. Please talk to me. I love him to, you know that right? But he wouldn't want you to throw away your future for the small chance of him waking up.

Clarke turned off her phone and put it back in her backpack. She didn't want to hear any more arguments or pleas. She had made up her mind.

She looked out the window again and saw the city skyline approaching.

She felt a mix of fear and determination.

She was ready to start a new life.

After looking for places she could apply for a job and begging some companies to hire her (wish she knew was probably a bad idea because she seemed very desperate wish isn't a good look if you are applying for a job) all day, Clarke was exhausted but she didn't want to go home, she didn't want to face her mother, who would probably be angry and disappointed in her.

She didn't know if her mother had come back home from work yet and had read her letter. She expected that she had because when she woke up her mother already left for an early morning shift and it was almost 8 p.m. already she was certain her mom must be home. To be sure Clarke decided to check her phone and seeing she had 11 unread messages and 7 missed calls from her mom she figured her mom was home and read her letter, in which she explained what she was about to do.

Not feeling like arguing with her mom tonight Clarke decides to go to a bar In order to forget just one night, one night without worry, without pain.

As her feet were killing her from walking all day, she decided to go to the bar closest to her, instead of going to 'Arcadia' the bar she and her friends usually go to.

Clarke ends up walking inside a bar called 'Polis Bar', which she had never heard of before but once she stepped inside she knew why she had never heard of it before. It was way out of her or out of the league for anyone she knew.

She immediately feels out of place as the bar is filled with people who look like they belong in a magazine or movie. They are all dressed in expensive clothes, wearing designer accessories and flashy jewelry. They are laughing and chatting, sipping on cocktails and champagne. They seem to know each other, forming exclusive cliques and groups.

She felt like an intruder, a trespasser. She was wearing a simple dress and flats, nothing fancy or glamorous. She had no idea what to order, or who to talk to. She felt like everyone was staring at her, judging her, mocking her. If it was any other day she would care about that, about what people think of her or how they look at her, but today she couldn't care less and just walked further in, towards the bar table, hoping she could afford a drink in this clearly expensive place. Ironic how she is in this mess due to her financial status and now visiting probably one of the most expensive bars in the entire city. It's only when she looks at the list of drinks and the prices that she realizes that there is no way she can afford this, or better yet she realizes she shouldn't waste her money on way too expensive booze.

Before she gets the chance to turn around and walk away she hears someone behind her say "Give this lovely lady whatever she wants. On me." Clarke turned and saw a woman standing next to her, smiling kindly and mischievously. Clarke couldn't help but notice how beautiful the woman was but that thought was soon gone when she realized who she was looking at. She is standing right in front of the person she despises so much, she is standing right in front of Lexa Woods.

Clarke immediately feels ill for even thinking about how attractive she had found the woman seconds ago. On the other hand, she couldn't care less. She hated Lexa Woods, the arrogant and ruthless CEO of Woods INC, but she also couldn't deny that Lexa was indeed very attractive, in a dark and mysterious way. She had a striking face, with high cheekbones and a sharp jawline. God that jawline looks good. Her green eyes were piercing and captivating and her black dress was tight and elegant, showing off her curves and her long legs.

Also, Clarke was very much in need of a drink, the woman was offering her a drink, so why not just accept the offer, right?

Lexa would probably not stay with her anyway, she was probably looking for someone to hook up with and once she realizes Clarke is definitely not interested in having a one-night stand with her, Clarke was sure the woman would leave her alone.

so Clarke decided to take the offer. "Uhm thanks," Clarke said while looking at the menu, feeling overwhelmed by the choices and the prices. She had no idea what to order, or what to say.

Lexa sensed her hesitation, and said, "How about a whiskey? It's a classic. And it's strong." Clarke frowned, not liking the idea of drinking whiskey, but Lexa was right, it's strong and Clarke is definitely in the mood for something strong.

"Yeah, Whiskey sounds good," Clarke answers as calmly as possible. "Two whiskeys please, make them extra strong," Lexa ordered the bartender, who nodded, made the drinks, and handed them to them.

Accepting the drinks Lexa went to sit on one of the bar stools and motioned to the one next to her for Clarke to sit on. Lexa shoved one of the drinks to Clarke and raised her glass, "Cheers." She clinked her glass with Lexa's and took a sip. The drink was strong and bitter, burning her throat.

Lexa smiled, realizing she hadn't introduced herself, "I'm Lexa by the way." "Clarke" she responded dryly.

"So Princess, tell me about yourself. What do you like to do for fun?" Lexa asked. Clarke coughed, feeling the whiskey hit her stomach. She didn't like whiskey at all, but she needed the strongest thing she could get. "Not the Whiskey type of girl, I see?". Lexa asks with a smug smile on her face. "Nope, I prefer something light". Clarke answers still feeling the whiskey burn down her throat.

Lexa raised an eyebrow, and said, "Really? You don't strike me as a wine or cider kind of girl. You seem more adventurous and daring."

Clarke felt annoyed by Lexa's assumption, and said, "And you seem more arrogant and condescending."

Lexa smirked, and said, "Touché. Well, then, what do you normally like to drink?"

Clarke shrugged, and said, "I don't know. Something fruity and refreshing."

"Noted" Lexa simply answers with a content look on her face. "However, If you don't mind me asking, why are you in need of something strong today." Clarke forces a smile and answers, "Shitty day". Lexa raises an eyebrow and looks questioningly at Clarke, not quite content with the answers, but also not pushing her to explain further. Clarke however blurts it out without even thinking about it: "My father is dying and my mom wants to no longer keep him on life support."

Lexa reaches out and gently squeezes Clarke's hand, hoping to offer some comfort, confusing Clarke who doesn't understand why Lexa Woods is being so nice to her.

"I'm sorry to hear that, Clarke. I can't imagine how hard that must be for you," Lexa said, her voice soft and sympathetic.

Much to Clarke's dislike, she felt a surge of gratitude and warmth talking to the person she despises to much, Still not believing that Lexa could possibly be genuinely nice to her, as she believed Lexa probably just wanted to get her into bed, she looked into the brunette's green eyes and saw what looked like genuine concern and kindness, she felt a connection, which confuses her and at the same time makes her angry at herself. Why is she feeling this comfort she has never felt before, from none other than the woman she despises so much?

She smiled weakly, and said, "Thank you, Lexa." Lexa smiled back, and said, "you're welcome, Clarke. I'm here if you want to talk more. Or we can just enjoy our drinks and forget about the world for a while."

Clarke nodded, and said, "The latter." Lexa nodded too, and signaled the bartender to bring them new drinks. "Something fruity and refreshing, yet strong, please." The bartender nodded and soon delivered them their drinks.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

93.8K 2.9K 75
Alastor X Female Reader You and Alastor have been best friends since you were 5 years old. With Alastor being the famous serial killer of your time...
564K 20.5K 95
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! 😂💜 my first fanfic...
387K 6.3K 79
A text story set place in the golden trio era! You are the it girl of Slytherin, the glue holding your deranged friend group together, the girl no...
1.7M 58.4K 72
In which the reader from our universe gets added to the UA staff chat For reasons the humor will be the same in both dimensions Dark Humor- Read at...