Feelings Don't Just Fade - a...

By GatsbyGirl97

They covered up their feelings for so long, until the one night that changed everything. A few years later th... More

Just A Little Note :)
1: Little Do You Know
2: Heaven is a Place
3: We Belong
4: All I Want
5: Arms
6: Where Do We Go From Here?
7: Heat Waves
8: Hold You
9: Favorite T-Shirt
10: Nothing's Gonna Hurt You Baby
11: Anything She Says
12: Somebody to Die For
13: As Long As You're Mine
14: Breathe
15: Beautiful
16: We Could Have It All
17: I'm With You
18: Home
19: Devotion
20: Kisses Down Low
21: All Mine
22: New York City Rhythm
23: Photograph
24: She's Everything
25: It's All Coming Back to Me Now
26: Shower
27: You're Gonna Be
28: Ends of the Earth
29: Safe & Sound
30: Just AKiss
Author's Note
32: All I Want for Christmas is You
33: Once in a Lifetime

31: All I Need

1.1K 16 0
By GatsbyGirl97

*Monday, September 11, 2023*
*Chen*

A little over a month later and Lucy was now a month pregnant, mostly she was happy that she wasn't showing yet and that all of her appointments had gone well so far. She was also quite relieved that Tim was back to work, he'd only slightly gotten on her nerves while he was recovering.

That was a lie, he had really gotten on her nerves with how nosey he was. Not to mention, Tim had done something Lucy had never expected, Tim had begun nesting. It was terrifying. He had spent a lot of time with Jaclyn and Tamara, while also taking Kojo for many walks, even before he should have. He had begun trying to prep for the new baby while also helping T look for apartments. He never settled, which meant Lucy never got to either.

But, now he was back to work and out of Lucy's hair. Cases had been closed, work was somewhat settled, at least for Lucy. Each morning she watched the people she knew and loved go back out on the streets after roll call each morning, while she stayed behind with Nyla and Angela.

She knew it was the smarter choice, as she was now going to be a mother of three, but Angela had been on patrol while pregnant.. and she had watched Nyla work all the way up until she gave birth, even after she was put on bed rest. Lucy loved being a detective, she loved the work she did, but she missed riding in a shop and all that patrol came with.

She sat at her desk, the day almost halfway over, scrolling on her computer. She was doing a bit of light digging on her most recent case. It was more minor compared to other cases she had worked on, but she didn't like to really think of any case as minor.

As she scrolled through countless pages of data and information, she thought about Angela and Nyla. She knew what Angela had done, and she knew how it had all ended. Lucy also knew that Nyla had gone out many times while pregnant, but as a Detective. All Lucy felt was confliction. She also felt like a broken record, going over the same data and facts in her head, but she only had so much to go on...

Since the other two were out doing the street work on the case they were working, she gave them a call. During this she asked if they could meet her for an early lunch. They had obviously both agreed, laughing at Lucy's need to eat.

For the moment Lucy allowed them to think that it was because of her pregnancy, but she knew she needed to simply talk to them about her mental conflicts. They felt more like blockers though, blocking her from focusing completely or thinking straight. She knew it was too early for pregnancy brain to be kicking in.

About an hour later, the noises Lucy's stomach was making told Luther that it was time to walk out to the food trucks for lunch. By the time she made it out there, she found Angela and Nyla already waiting for her. They had already gotten a table and food for all of them. With a thankful smile, Lucy joined them and immediately dug into the fries.

"So are we talking about wedding plans?" Angela asked, the excitement clear in her voice. Her smile beamed brightly as she raised her eyebrows.

"Or are we talking about all things new baby related?" Nyla beamed just as brightly at Lucy.

Lucy set down the bunch of fries which she was about to inhale, dusting the crumbs off her hands. "Actually, I had a different topic in mind." Both girls raised their eyebrows at her. "Lately, I have been wrestling with a certain, ummm, issue I guess. I have been conflicted about it, and before I went to Tim, who is all logic, reason, and solution, I thought I would come here first." Nyla and Angela nodded slowly, continuing to eat their food.

"I miss patrol and the streets. Don't get me wrong, I love working with the two of you, and I really enjoy the work we do as Detectives. But, I miss the rush and the thrill. I miss it all, honestly. On one hand, I know I could do it. I watched Angela go through her pregnancy while still on patrol, but when I think of that, I think about what it all led to, and how my girls will never have their Uncle Jackson." she paused, taking a drink of her water.

"On the other hand, I feel like it would be irresponsible to have both Tim and I on the streets, with three kids at home. But, if I don't do what would make me happy, and I stay on as a Detective, will I truly be okay with myself?" Both of her friends remained silent for a moment, most likely pondering over what she had just told them. "Am I crazy to want this?" She continued, after neither of the women had spoken for a few minutes. Lucy watched as they shared a glance.

It was Angela who spoke first. "No, I don't think you're crazy at all. Not wanting to do what would make you happy, that would be crazy. I just remember how adamant you were about becoming a detective and doing UC work.."

Nyla continued. "I also remember how on it you were about wanting to work UC.."

Lucy remembered all of this. But, truly, UC work was just as risky as a mom of three, or of any. "You're not wrong, either of you. Nyla, doing UC work as a mom really hurt Lila. And I couldn't do that to emu kids or Tim for that matter. I couldn't put him through the same shit he went through with Isabel. Plus, doing UC work is just as risky and dangerous if not more so.."

Nyla nodded, "that's very true. Although, my marriage with my ex also hurt Lila, but I see where you're coming from."

Angela spoke next, "in my opinion, I say do what makes you happy overall. But, if I've learned anything from being married, though you aren't yet, I would definitely advise you to talk to Tim before you make any decisions or talk to Grey. Besides, if you still want to work any UC cases in the future, we can still put you on cases if we need you" she shrugged at Lucy.

Lucy offered both of them a smile of thanks, she reached both of her hands out to take one of theirs. "Thank you guys so much. I'll definitely think about it the rest of the day and I will talk to Tim tonight."

"Okay, well now that we have that out of the way, let's talk wedding details!" Angela exclaimed, her voice was full of excitement. And that's exactly what they did for the next 45 minutes. Lucy definitely missed Val, though she still saw her sometimes since she had started seeing Aaron. But, it wasn't the same as it used to be. So, having this time with her other friends, talking about lighter and more joyful topics, it was really helping Lucy's mentality.

When their time together came to an end, Lucy stood. "Thank you girls so much. I really needed this, for many reasons. I will definitely talk to Tim tonight." They said their goodbyes and got back to work.

***

Later that night Lucy got home to find that Tim and Tamara were already home and playing with Kojo and Jaclyn. It warmed her heart and made her smile each time. It might have been pregnancy hormones or just the sight in front of her, but as she stood there rubbing her small but growing belly, she felt tears form in her eyes.

It was Tamara that noticed her first. She ran to her adopted mom, wrapping her arms around Lucy. "Are you okay?"

Lucy laughed. "Yeah, I'm great. Perfect really. Just realizing that this, right here is all I'll ever need or want in life." Tim walked over to them with Jaclyn in his arms, Kojo was hot on his trail. He kissed her sweetly on the lips, this definitely stirred some pregnancy hormones and feelings inside Lucy, but those would have to wait until later.

They spent their dinner time discussing the apartment Tim had helped Tamara find, the wedding and a timeline, the new baby, and so much more. No matter what the topic was, the time was full of laughter. Lucy loved every second of it. After dinner and clean up was done, Tim and Lucy put Jaclyn to bed together, as they usually did before retreating to their room.

They shared a shower, relaxing Lucy's body and mind. Though it was nothing compared to the relaxation she felt after Tim spent two hours satisfying every pregnancy and regular craving her body had been feeling. She was constantly amazed by the things he made her body feel.

As they cuddled up in their bed together, Lucy couldn't help but feel that this was as good a time as any. "So, uhh, what would you say if I told you that I wanted to go back to patrol?"

Tim was only silent for a brief moment, but to Lucy it felt like forever. "Uhh, you know I, umm, I think that sounds great!" Lucy was struggling to read his tone.

"Really?" They didn't look at each other as Lucy laid wrapped around him with her head on his chest.

"I think, if that is what you want to do, then who am I to stop you?"

"My fiancé, voice of reason, father of our children.." Lucy was getting frustrated.

"I get it. I do. We are about to have three children. But we watched Lopez and Harper do this. And I know for a fact that you're stronger than both of them. To some it might sound crazy or dangerous. But, we are smarter than that.." he paused, leaning forward to kiss the top of her head. "Plus, it might be nice to have you back on the streets with me, that way I can make sure you're eating and taking your vitamins." They both laughed.

"Okay, then, I shall talk to Grey tomorrow." Lucy smiled, snuggling into him more.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.1K 144 20
One shots, some on the longer side. Mostly stories imagined to be in between episodes. Depth and love! Keep in mind I'm British so i apologise for an...
49.6K 787 21
Lucy Chen is off to undercover school and Tim misses her more than he wants to admit. He knows he said they should be apart but one little text woul...
3K 83 11
Tim and Isabel have been dating for a while. They ended up eloping. Isabel is a undercover detective that has performed a lot of long term assignmen...
17.9K 274 37
Lucy and Tim's relationship is put to the test as they have to navigate this new adventure... together. Through thick and thin, the ups and downs, ca...