Faster Than The Speed Of Love

By SimonVPC

Oc x harem More

Part 1
Part 2
Side Story 1
Part 4

Part 3

167 7 0
By SimonVPC

Several years had passed. Simon had to travel to other worlds on occasion to avoid some form of danger, or the occasional yandere. He now was on what was called "earth" by the scroll. He had learned a few things about the rings through his travels. He tried going to his home, but found he needed to be more specific, so it didn't do anything when he threw it. He also learned that he reeeeeeeeally didn't want to have to leave worlds again. The next on the list, was a planet filled with only moss, rocks, and mushrooms. Didn't sound too fun. So now, he was hiding out in a cave. He had several games, books, a bean bag chair, a old matress, pillow, and blanket, a old dryer he could run in, a few extra sets of cloathes, some stuffed animals, some food, and other things. He was reading one of his books, something about rings, when he decides that it was time to get some fresh air. Stepping outside into the wilderness, he stretches and looks around. He casually walks through the woods, walking down a unmarked path he had walked down a hundred times before. He made it to a paved road, with a yellow line there was a sign across the street saying "Green Hills". Simon was about to turn back, but noticed something. Behind the sign was a police car, with a man inside.

He looked bored out of his mind. Messing around with his speed reader and constantly shifting positions.

Simon(whisper): donut lord. 3 o' clock!

He called him donut lord because he would sometimes talk to his donuts pretending them to be other officers, before eating them soon after. He waits until his vision is away from the road, and quickly ran by, setting off the sensor, and quickly hiding again. He snuck to the back of the car, seeing it read: "296". When Donut Lord looks away again, he rushes by, going back to see it read: "300". He gave a quick punch to the air above him to celebrate, before rushing off to go back to the woods, accidentally leaving a tuft of hair caught in some grass. He stopped there, noticing a turtle about to get run over, quickly moving him away to safety.

Simon: you gotta be more careful little friend!

He put him down on the grass before running off to look around the nearby town. He gets to the roof of the building, looking down at the hundred or so buildings. He had stayed hidden from them, him only ever going into town ti grab a spare thrown out object he wanted, but that was really it. He never learned anyone's names, so, he came up with his own names for them! There's donut lord, you already know the story behind that. Then there's his wife, pretzel lady.

She was super sweet to animals, and did Yoga. Simon tried to replicate her Yoga several times, only ending up with sore joints after. Then there's crazy Carl.

Simon didn't actually come up with that name. He just called himself that once, and so it stuck. He was the only one who had ever seen him, and he liked messing with him occasionally. Crazy Carl always called him "The Orange Devil". Other then those 3, everyone else was kinda boring. The only thing he would ever do, is watch movies through peoples windows at night, or pet some of the dogs.

Later—

Simon was now alone at a old baseball field. It was night, so no one was around, so he luckily got to have some time to himself. He looks around, finding a bag of baseball's, bats, helmets, and gloves. He then decides to play a game. With himself, that is. Putting on a helmet, he would switch between being all the players, putting on different voices and making slight changes to his appearance for the different players. It all ends with him throwing the ball and quickly running back to hit it with the bat, sending it out of the park. He quickly ran around the field, still switching characters every now and again. He makes it back to home base, celebrating for a second, slowly coming to a stop, realizing again that he was alone.

Simon:... heh... I'm... so good at acting I... fooled myself for a second there...

He stood in silence for a second, taking off the helmet and putting his old, worn out hat back on. He starts tapping his foot against the ground quietly for a second, before starting to walk. Not into the woods, but around the field. He slowly starts picking up the pace, going from walking to a full sprint, leaving behind orange electrical currents and a small afterimage. He runs fast, and fast, and fast, tears building up in the corners of his eyes, faster, and fast, until the afterimages he left begin merging together, all building up and causing a burst of electrical energy, sending an orange shockwave outward from the baseball field. The boy slides to a stop, looking around in a panic.

Simon:... no one noticed that... right...?
He quickly ran into the forest.

Meanwhile—

Several government agencies are seen looking into the nation wide power outage.

Agent 1: 20 minutes ago, a power surge caused all electricity to go out in the entirety of the northwest. What do we know?

Agent 2: our first instinct was an EMP of some kind, but nothing like that could do something this big.

Agent 3: we've ruled out meteor strikes or solar flares.

Agent 4: it's also not a power plant malfunction.

Agent 1: well. Seems like we're really good at figuring out what not, it is.

Agent 6: this could be a prelude to a much larger attack. I recommend we look into this and expand our search to other countries.

Agent 1: no no no. This needs a much more sophisticated mind. Someone who understands these things.

Agent 6: you wanna send in a lab rat?

Agent 1: not just any lab rat! A lab rat with teeth.

Agent 3: you're not suggesting who I think you're suggesting are you?

Agent 1: I know he can be a bit weird-

Agent 3: weird!? He spent over $700,000,000 in funding to fly him and his daughter to some plant to harvest resources, came back spouting about some magic animals and eggs! He's insane!

Agent 1: he's also witty! 5 PhDs, an iq over 300, and his drone tech- oh, don't get me started on the drone tech!

Agent 5: are you sure he can handle this?

Agent 1: he's perfectly operational on his own. Remember the uprising in Miskatania, or the 3rd nuke launched towards Japan?

Agent 4: don't think that's even a country and there were only ever 2.

Agent 1: you're right! All thanks to Robotnik! And so what if he brings his daughter with him? Let him! She could grow up to be as smart as him one day!

Agent 3: I can't believe you're bringing that freak into this.

Agent 1: neither can I... but we have no choice.

Meanwhile—

Military were set up around the baseball field, scanning the area for any potential clue on what was going on. It's then that a number of black cars lead by a large black truck pull in, coming to a stop in a perfect line. The side of the truck folds down, making stairs that 2 people walk down.

The first steps out, cracking his Knuckles while the second came down normally. Several agents exit out of the cars behind the truck, and the doctor approaches the had Sargent.

Robotnik: Are you the one in charge here?

Sargent: yes sir I-

Robotnik: nope!

Sargent: ... I-

Robotnik: Wrong!

Sargent: ..am-

Robotnik: Me!

Sargent:... maj-

Robotnik: I'm in charge!

Eggie: Father. Why does this single brain celled organism insist on defying you?

Robotnik: Because the poor little thing doesn't know any better sweetheart.

The 2 move past the Sargent.

Robotnik: Initiate sweep sequence!

He pushes buttons on his glove, making drones emerge from his truck.

Robotnik: remind me. What distance should be enough to get an acceptable enough reading without being a waste of time and/or effort?

Eggie: 10 miles in every direction out from the direct point of the power surge.

Robotnik: exactly.

The drones fly out, starting to scan the surrounding area, and out to the forests to scan all possible sources of the attack. The 2 doctors go back into the truck, looking through the footage. They come across a footprint on a rock. The computer starts analyzing the image.

Robotnik: here we are... agent stone. You notice anything useful in this image?

Stone: nothing at all doctor.

Ivo frowns.

Robotnik: what about you, my darling daughter Eggie?

Eggie walks over to the terminal.

Eggie: Using the size, shape, imprint, and colouring of the footprint, we can figure out the brand and size of the shoe. We can then use the direction it has been printed on and the pressure the rock has taken to estimate the size of the foot inside, and we can then use that information to estimate the height, weight, and spinal structure of the one who left it there.

Robotnik: Good. And you wanna know the best part?

Eggie: you already did it?

Robotnik: yep! And, it appears to be that of a human male somewhere around the age of 9 to 11. However, the impact left would be simply impossible for someone that young. So either it's a Light speed gnome, or it's a 10 year old given some form of super speed.

He gets up.

Robotnik: and the funny thing is... I think I know exactly, who this is.

Meanwhile—

Simon watches the drones fly around from inside his cave. He covered the entrance with vines and starts panicking.

Simon: ok. Ok. Ok. I have to just go to mushroom world. It may suck, but it's not death. So, I win in the end... I gotta take my stuff though!

He starts running around.

Simon: if I get it perfect, then I can get all of it through.

He starts putting items on top of each other, forming a pile he plans to push through. That is, until he hears the faint sound of the drones floating outside. He grabs his rings and scroll, rushing out the other end of the cave to his own disappointment.

Simon: gotta hide. Gotta hide. Gotta hide... DONUT LORD!!!!!

He ran to the house of his favourite person. He ran to his back shed, sliding open the window and climbing in. He gets in, falls into the floor, and then gets up.

Simon: ok. I can come back for my other stuff! Yeah. It'll be fine!

He gets out a ring. Before he could throw it, the door burst open.

DL: FBI! Show me your tiny Racoon hands!

He says, holding a tranquilizer gun. He noticed Simon, shrieks, and suddenly, a dizzy feeling fills Simon's entire body.

Simon: OooOoOOOoohhh noOoooOOOo...

Before he passes out, he could just barely make out what was on the other humans shirt.

Simon: San... Fran.... Cisco...?

He collapsed. The ring in his hand opened a portal, with the bag of rings falling in right as he passes out.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

60.4K 1.2K 46
*Completed* "Fake it till you make it?" A PR relationship with a heartbroken singer in the midst of a world tour sounds like the last thing Lando Nor...
207K 7.2K 97
Ahsoka Velaryon. Unlike her brothers Jacaerys, Lucaerys, and Joffery. Ahsoka was born with stark white hair that was incredibly thick and coarse, eye...
1.3M 57.4K 104
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
456K 31.1K 46
♮Idol au ♮"I don't think I can do it." "Of course you can, I believe in you. Don't worry, okay? I'll be right here backstage fo...