Jaune Rodriguez: Adrenaline J...

Od Mothman_connoisseur

Jaune Rodriguez: A grapple-using, wingsuit-wearing, parachute-flying badass joins Beacon. Look out Remnant a... Více

Info
To Beacon!
Arriving at Beacon
Initiation begins

Initiation

491 18 9
Od Mothman_connoisseur

Jaune can be seen flying through the skies above the Emerald Forest with his wingsuit. He sees a decent sized clearing with a familiar Redhead in it and rolls his body to head there. Once he is close enough he pulls his parachute and glides to the clearing. Seeing the ground within reach he grapples to it. He successfully lands.

Jaune: Another successful landing for Jaune Rodriguez!

Pyrrha quickly turns around

Pyrrha: Jaune!

Jaune: Pyrrha! I see no one with you. You haven't got a teammate yet?

Pyrrha: No.

Jaune: Well, you do now!

Pyrrha: Great! Sooo... which way do we go from here? I might have lost my bearings when you landed and it doesn't help that it's midday.

Jaune: Gimme a sec.

Jaune grapples to the top of a tall tree and scans the area. He sees the temple off in the distance. He grapples back down.

Jaune: We go this way.

Pyrrha: I hope you know what you are doing.

Jaune: Hey, I always know what I'm doing!

Pyrrha just deadpans at him

Jaune: Fine, most of the time.

Pyrrha: I know, just making conversation.

Jaune: Oh.

The two walk for a few minutes chatting until Pyrrha asks Jaune something

Pyrrha: So Jaune, why do you have a tattoo of a scorpion? Aren't you a bit young for tattoos?

Jaune: Oh that well my teacher and I guess you could call a second dad to me had a scorpion tattoo. When he passed away I took his last name to keep his name alive and the tattoo was just an idea I had.

Jaune hears a noise far away and turns his head.

Jaune: Did you hear that?

Pyrrha: Gunfire. It seems some of our peers have encountered trouble.

Jaune slumps dramatically

Jaune: Aww man they get to have fun before us.

Pyrrha: You love fighting don't you?

Jaune: What can I say, I'm an adrenaline junkie.

They keep moving forward, Jaune still staring in the sound's direction as Pyrrha raises a branch to pass by and accidentally releases it right at Jaune's face sending him to the floor.

Jaune: Agh! The forest is attacking me!

Pyrrha: Jaune! I'm sorry!

Jaune: (laughs, lowering his hand from his cheek to reveal a gash) It's okay. T'is but a scratch! (gets back up as Pyrrha approaches him)

Pyrrha: Why didn't you activate your Aura?

Jaune: Huh? Oh yeah I was distracted, sorry. Let me use it quickly.

Pyrrha: (she watches the scratch close up and vanish) You have a lot of it.

Jaune: Yeah, I use it when I grapple to lessen the strain on my body.

Pyrrha: Wait what's your Semblance anyway?

Jaune: I call it Aura Amp. It allows me to amplify mine or anyone else's Aura.

Pyrrha: So you could also act as support.

Jaune: Sí. I can choose who lives or dies hahaha!

The two continue forward meanwhile at the cliffs Professor Ozpin is watching the students on his Scroll at the Beacon Cliff overlooking the Emerald Forest when Glynda Goodwitch walks up behind him, holding her own tablet.

Glynda: The last pair has been formed, sir. Nora Valkyrie and Lie Ren. Poor boy... I can't possibly imagine those two getting along.

Ozpin: Mmmm...

Glynda: And Jaune Rodriguez is paired Pyrrha Nikos. I do believe he'll come up with some crazy idea as usual, I guess we'll find out soon enough. At their current pace, they should reach the temple within just a few minutes. (turning back to Ozpin) Speaking of which, what did you use as relics this year? (silence) Professor Ozpin?

Jaune and Pyrrha are standing at the mouth of a dark cave, where drawings are seen to the side involving armed men against giant beasts.

Jaune: This isn't the place. These drawing indicate there is most likely a Grimm inside.

Jaune picks up a rock and YEETS it into the cave. A few seconds pass.

Pyrrha: Do you... feel that?

Jaune: Soul-crushing regret or the eyes of people watching us from a different world through a screen?

Pyrrha: What?

SCRREECCCHHH!

The two look in to see the now-glowing red lines and eyes of a Death Stalker running towards them. Pyrrha gets in a combat stance while Jaune grins.

Jaune: You ever seen a Death Stalker do flip?

Pyrrha: No!

Jaune doesn't respond as the Death Stalker burst out the cave. Jaune aims his arm at it and sends a hook flying into the boney carapace and another on the ground a little bit in front of the Grimm. It charges at them but them the line goes taught and flips the creature.

Jaune: Haha, there's only enough room for one scorpion hermano. Quick Pyrrha let's go!

Meanwhile with Yang and Blake

Yang: Blake, did you hear that? What should we do?

Ruby: (falling right towards them, finally getting Yang's attention) Heads uuuuuuuup!

Just as she's about to hit the ground panicking, Jaune comes flying through the air and grabs Ruby, and grappling them both onto a tree before letting Ruby go. Ruby is dazed by what happened.

Ruby: Oohhhh... What was that? (the dizziness passes when she shakes her head)

Jaune: Eh-hem! (Ruby looks up to see Jaune still on the tree) Hey, Ruby...

Blake: Did your sister just fall from the sky?

Yang: I...

Before she can continue, several crashing noises are heard in the forest ahead of them, and an Ursa comes out, claws swiping, just as a pink blast of energy hits it in the back and it crashes to the ground, depositing its rider.

Nora: Awwww... It's broken.

A guy comes through the trees panting

Ren: (panting and leaning on the Grimm) Nora! Please... Don't ever do that again.

Nora: (now in the Temple, staring at a golden rook relic) Oooohh... I'm queen of the castle! I'm queen of the castle!

Ren: Nora!

Nora: (stops dancing with the rook on her head, then salutes, dropping the relic into her hand) Coming, Ren!

Blake: Did that girl just ride in on an Ursa?

Yang: I...

She is interrupted once more as a screech is heard from their right, and Pyrrha Nikos comes onto the scene as the Death Stalker uproots entire trees in its chase after her. Pyrrha narrowly dodges its giant claws and keeps on running.

Pyrrha: Jaune!

Jaune: Pyrrha!

Yang:  Ruby!

Ruby: Yang!

Nora: Nora! (comes between the two and knocking them off-balance in surprise)

The scorpion Grimm continues to follow Pyrrha as she runs.

Blake: Did she just run all the way here with a Death Stalker on her tail?

Jaune: No she flew.

Blake was about to retort is interrupted by Yang.

Yang: ( her hair erupts in a small burst of fire, eyes flashing red) I can't take it anymore! Can everyone just chill out for two seconds before something crazy happens again?!

Jaune: I'll count the seconds.

The tick-tock of a clock counts down the two seconds of Yang cooling down, Ren running over to a ditzy Nora, and Blake and Ruby looking up.

Ruby: Umm... Yang? (tugs on her sister's sleeve and points)

Up above, Weiss is revealed to be hanging on the talon of a gigantic Nevermore.

Weiss: How could you leave me?!

Ruby: (shouting up at Weiss) I said "jump"!

Jaune: Go ahead and jump!

Blake: She's gonna fall.

Jaune: That's usually how gravity works.

Blake: Really? Jokes at this time?

Jaune: Yes.

Ruby: She'll be fine.

Ren: She's falling.

Jaune just calmly anchors a balloon grapple to the ground and lets the balloon inflate. Weiss lands on it and lands relatively safely.

Jaune: How's the landing?

Weiss:  My thanks.

Jaune: You're welcome. See it's nice to be kind and not so grouchy.

The Death Stalker is still hunting Pyrrha, but she manages to land on her side at the feet of the heroes.

Yang: Great! The gang's all here! Now we can die together!

Ruby: Not if I can help it! ( rushes towards the Grimm)

Yang: Ruby, wait!

Ruby speeds off but is then caught by Jaune's hook and pulled back to the group.

Ruby: D-Do-Don't worry! Totally fine!

Jaune: Idiota! Look I understand I am a wreckless fighter but you gotta learn to not charge in aimlessly.

Ruby was about to retort but the Nevermore caws above them, flapping its wings and releasing essentially javelins at the group. They all get out the way but one feather manages to catch onto Ruby's cape.

Yang: Ruby, get out of there!

Ruby: (struggling with the cloak) I'm trying!

The Death Stalker approaches, raising its golden stinger above a scared Ruby and heading down on the helpless girl.

Yang: Ruby!

A white blur races past Yang and reaches the stinger just as it's about to pierce her, Ice suddenly encases the creature.

Weiss: You are so childish!

Ruby opens her eyes to the sight of the stinger encased in ice and lowers her arms from their futile position over her head as she stares at her savior.

Ruby: Weiss...?

Weiss: (continues to berate Ruby as she removes Myrtenaster from the ice) And dim-witted, and hyperactive, and don't even get me started on your fighting style. And I suppose I can be a bit... difficult... but if we're going to do this, we're going to have to do this together. So if you quit trying to show off, I'll be... nicer.

Ruby: I'm not trying to show off. I want you to know I can do this.

Weiss: You're fine. (walks away)

Yang rushes up to Ruby and gives her a hug.

Yang: So happy you're okay! (the two stare at each other for a moment, then look up at the Nevermore still flying overhead and roaring)

Jaune:  Amigos? That thing's circling back! What are we gonna do? We stay here or move to a better position? Cause we need to do something?

Weiss: Look, there's no sense in dilly-dallying. Our objective is right in front of us.

Ruby: She's right. Our mission is to grab an artifact and make it back to the Cliffs. (nods to Weiss) There's no point in fighting these things.

Jaune: Yes, let's hope that they won't follow us to the Cliffs!

Pyrrha elbows Jaune in the gut

Jaune: Oof.

Pyrrha: Enough with the sarcasm please.

Jaune: Fine... for now.

Everyone grabs the relics

Ren: Time we left!

Jaune: Agreed.

The group leave the temple and head to the Cliffs.

Chapter End

A/N: I'm back from my break!

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

283K 18.1K 22
"you might not be my lover, but you still belong to me" "crazy, you don't even love me but you want to claim me as yours? have you lost your mind jeo...
147K 4.9K 100
'How I obsessively adore you' ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ started➛30/03/2024 finished➛ ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ cover by me x
68K 1.3K 47
*Completed* "Fake it till you make it?" A messy relationship with a heartbroken singer in the midst of a world tour sounds like the last thing Lando...
483K 14.6K 98
Theresa Murphy, singer-songwriter and rising film star, best friends with Conan Gray and Olivia Rodrigo. Charles Leclerc, Formula 1 driver for Ferrar...