Good Boy Gone Bad

By aurora_rain

Ash Basset has gone undercover as a bad boy to get his revenge on real bad boy, Robin Wade. But Robin is not... More

1 ➵ Danielle
2 ➵ Ash
3 ➵ Danielle
4 ➵ Robin
5 ➵ Danielle
6 ➵ Ash
7 ➵ Robin
8 ➵ Danielle
9➵ Ash
10 ➵ Danielle
11 ➵ Robin
12 ➵ Danielle
13 ➵ Ash
14 ➵ Danielle
15 ➵ Robin
16 ➵ Danielle
17 ➵ Ash
18 ➵ Danielle
19 ➵ Robin
20 ➵ Danielle
21 ➵ Ash
22 ➵ Danielle
23 ➵ Robin
24 ➵ Danielle
25 ➵ Ash
26 ➵ Danielle
27 ➵ Robin
28 ➵ Danielle
29 ➵ Ash
30 ➵ Danielle
31 ➵ Robin
32 ➵ Danielle
33 ➵ Ash
34 ➵ Danielle
35 ➵ Robin
36 ➵ Danielle
37 ➵ Ash
38 ➵ Danielle
39 ➵ Robin
40 ➵ Danielle
41 ➵ Ash
42 ➵ Danielle
43 ➵ Robin
44 ➵ Danielle
45 ➵ Ash
46 ➵ Danielle
47 ➵ Robin
48 ➵ Danielle
49 ➵ Danielle
50 ➵ Robin
51 ➵ Danielle
52 ➵ Ash
53 ➵ Danielle
54 ➵ Robin
55 ➵ Ash
56 ➵ Danielle
57 ➵ Danielle
58➵ Ash
59 ➵ Danielle
60 ➵ Ash
61 ➵ Robin
62 ➵ Danielle
63 ➵ Robin
64 ➵ Danielle
65 ➵ Ash
66 ➵ Danielle
67 ➵ Robin
68 ➵ Danielle
69 ➵ Ash
70 ➵ Danielle
71 ➵ Ash
72 ➵ Robin
73 ➵ Danielle
74 ➵ Ash
75 ➵ Danielle
76 ➵ Robin
77 ➵ Danielle
78 ➵ Ash
79 ➵ Danielle
80 ➵ Robin
81 ➵ Danielle
82 ➵ Ash
83 ➵ Danielle
84 ➵ Robin
85 ➵ Danielle
86 ➵ Ash
87 ➵ Danielle
88 ➵ Robin
89 ➵ Danielle
90 ➵ Robin
91 ➵ Danielle
92 ➵ Ash
93 ➵ Danielle
94 ➵ Robin
96 ➵ Ash
97 ➵ Danielle
98 ➵ Robin
99 ➵ Danielle
100 ➵ Ash
101 ➵ Danielle
102 ➵ Robin
103 ➵ Danielle
104 ➵ Ash
105 ➵ Danielle
Epilogue

95 ➵ Danielle

119 5 1
By aurora_rain

♕ Danielle ♕

I miss him.

But with every day that passes, things get just that little bit easier.

But then today... seeing him at the beach. Why does it make my heart swell? With that tiniest sense of hope?

No.

Nothing can take back what happened. I would have no respect for myself If I ever let him back in.

I walk around the old arcade with Charles.

"This is your ingenious plan to distract me?" I laugh lightly.

"The plan is: I get you some cotton candy and you watch me win a mega prize on the stacker machine."

"Just because you won it once doesn't mean –"

"I defy the odds just by existing – being so damn attractive and smart and charismatic. Watch me do it again."

I roll my eyes as I tack on to the end of the line-up for cotton candy. "I think I'll be waiting in line for like twenty minutes. Why don't you go ahead to stacker and warm up."

"Good idea," he says, jumping from one foot to the other. "You know where it is, right?"

"You are like a cute little puppy." I sigh. "Of course, I know where it is. We only spend like an hour there every time we come here."

"Love you later!" he says and runs off in the direction of the stacker machine.

"Love you later," I say, more to myself.

The line-up for cotton candy moves faster than I anticipated. The family in front of me, that appears to be made up of eight or-so children, decide to ditch the line when a cosplay Buzz Lightyear offers to take a picture with them.

When I make it to the front of the line, I decide I don't even feel like cotton candy. I don't want my sour mood to ruin the taste and set a precedent. The idea of eating anything makes me feel a little bit nauseous and being alone with my thoughts doesn't make it any better. I abandon the line and head towards the stacker machine.

A random couple is playing stacker when I get there.

"Charles?" I call walking in a small circle around the nearby games.

This area of the arcade isn't busy. Other than the chaotic and infinite sounds of ringing and chiming and shooting, the place is half empty. I should be able to spot him.

"Charles?" I call out again and pull my phone from my pocket.

Me : Where did you go? I'm at stacker.

Me : I'll wait here for you.

Gen : Hey girlie. Are we still good to meet at yours later? xx

Me : Yes. Charles and I are just finishing up at the arcade.

I stand a few feet away from the couple playing stacker. The boyfriend can't seem to stack more than four blocks up before losing. The girlfriend takes a turn and wins a minor prize. The boyfriend smiles down at her, gives her an enthusiastic high five, and helps her pick a prize.

The interaction is plain and pleasant.

I wanted that with Robin.

The thought of him alone makes that guilty feeling rumble in my stomach. A feeling like I forgot something. But I haven't forgotten kissing Ash and making a fool of myself at Gen's party. And I'm so mad at myself for giving in to the age-old crush I've had on him without thinking what it would do to Robin. Treat others how you want to be treated.

When I check my phone again, ten minutes have passed. Where is Charles? Did he have to run to the bathroom?

Me : Charles???

The couple leave the stacker machine. I walk up to it, mindlessly fiddle with the buttons, suss out all the prize options. Charles will love that Loki key ring.

I call Charles. His phone rings out.

At least half an hour has passed since I last saw him. An uneasy feeling washes over me and my stomach cramps.

Maybe he ran into a friend. I take a lap of the arcade, slowly assessing each section for a curly haired Korean with flawless skin and a black and white checkered shirt. Why am I kidding myself: I'm his only friend.

Nowhere.

By the time I make it back to the stacker machine, I'm officially worried. I call Sofia and she answers on the third ring.

"Hey, Sofia," I say, "I'm sorry to bother you but have you heard from Charles? I was just with him at the arcade, and he vanished."

"I haven't heard from him."

"Maybe something happened to Morgan and he had to run off?"

"Morgan's at work."

"I've been looking for him for about an hour now and I'm starting to get worried – should I – do I call the police?"

"Ash is already on the phone with them. We're in the area. Do you need us to pick you up?"

Sofia and Ash are together. I vaguely recall him saying their relationship was... fake? It doesn't matter now. I don't want to be around him right now. He triggers my insta-guilt.

"I'm just going to keep looking for him. Wait – why is Ash talking to the police?"

"We're going to come pick you—"

I bump into someone and drop my phone. Looking up, I see my assailant was also on his phone.

"Sorry!" we both utter.

I crouch down to pick up my phone at the same time as the stranger crouches and passes it to me.

He drops my phone into my open palm.

"Thanks," I say, glancing up to see none other than Felix. "Oh my gosh, Felix! Fancy seeing you here." I laugh.

I steal a glimpse down at my phone. I must have hung up on Sofia. There's also one notification.

Charles : Sorry had to leave. Emergency. Talk later.

"Hey, Danielle," Felix says with a smile. "Long time no see."

"Here with friends?" I ask. "How's the Aubry Coast treating you?"

"Yeah good, actually. I was just with my mates from school but I gotta head to my shift at the hospital. What about you?"

"Well... funny thing, my friend and I were hanging out and he had a sudden emergency. I'm just about to uber home."

"Hey, I'm happy to drop you home on my way if that helps."

"Oh no, I couldn't ask that of you."

"It's not biggie. Besides, you don't want to be paying for an uber in this economy."

"True... well, if it's not too much trouble, that would be great!"

.

.

.

Felix and I make small talk on the drive home. I can't help but find him cheesy and charismatic – almost like Charles. Him and Skylar really would make the perfect couple. I wonder when she'll get back from England.

"How's your boyfriend?"

"Oh... we broke up."

Felix's hands tense over the steering wheel. "Any other guys caught your eye?"

"Not at the moment..."

"Not the boy next door?"

For a second, I think he means Ash, before I catch the stereotype. "Definitely not."

He seems to relax at that. Maybe he's nervous and wants to ask me out? I should probably clarify that I'm in no shape or form to be even considering another romance...

His anxiousness is contagious. My OCD inner monologue starts to pipe up. Did I ignore all the warnings? Don't talk to strangers. Don't get in a car with someone you don't know...

It's too late for that now. Besides, I know Felix. He goes to school down the road. He just moved to town. He's nice. He's not a stranger.

We turn the corner into my street and I feel the anxiety fade with each house we pass. Gen is coming to meet me too. She should be here any minute.

He pulls over in front of my house.

I exhale, then sharply hold my breath. "Wait, I didn't tell you my address –"

He lunges for me. I scream but the sound is quickly muffled by him covering my mouth with a rag doused in something awful smelling. I try to push away from him, clawing at his hands. But his grip around the back of my neck secures the rag and there's nothing I can do but breathe in the repugnant taste of it.

A sharp pain pierces my skull and purple and green blurs my eyes. Dizzy...

Everything goes black.

_______________________________________

welcome to the climax

only ten chapters left!

love,

aurora

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

714 18 10
Leilani was ready to leave high school behind her, along with the annoying boy that she'd come to hate due to that one night. But little did she know...
197K 5.4K 83
Book 1. Eros; passion, lust and pleasure -- in other words, romantic and passionate love. A passionate physical and emotional love based on aestheti...
15.2M 514K 53
Danny's life gets turned upside down when she receives a mysterious sext from the school's notorious bad boy. ...