Dimension Danger

Oleh GhostStory_13

The spiders are back! It's been two years since the five spider-themed heroes were blown into Miles Morales's... Lebih Banyak

Chapter 1: Across Dimensions
Chapter 2: Miguel
Chapter 3: Friend Date
Chapter 4: Pizza Time
Chapter 5: Break and Enter
Chapter 6: Swooning
Chapter 7: Interesting
Chapter 8: The Meeting
Chapter 9: Scarlet
Chapter 10: Angel
AUTHORS NOTE
Chapter 11: The Fall
Chapter 12: Anger and Arguments
Chapter 13: Day Out
Chapter 14: Great Responsibility
Chapter 15: Hero or Villain?
Chaprter 16: Until the Multiverse Falls Apart
Chapter 17: Sick
Chapter 18: Chase
Chapter 19: I'm Not Going Anywhere
Chapter 20: Fight
Chapter 21: We'll Find Her
Chapter 22: Silence
Chapter 23: Promise
Chapter 24: Pain
Chapter 25: Disaster in the Sky
Chapter 26: The Best
Chapter 27: The Theory
Chapter 28: Chance
Chapter 29: The Plan
Chapter 30: Finally
Chapter 31: Gwanda
A/N

EPILOUGUE

1.4K 21 34
Oleh GhostStory_13

"Em Jay, I am not wearing that."

Gwen groaned for what felt like the hundredth time.

The redhead rolled her eyes, "It's looks cute. Why not?"

"Because I'm just going on this date to have good time with Miles. Not to seduce him!" Gwen threw her arms up in the air, letting them fall back onto Em Jay's mattress, as she sat on the bed in the redhead's purple-themed room.

Em Jay arched a perfectly styled brow, "That's not a good time?"

"You're disgusting."

"Fine," Em Jay rolled her eyes, but soon a laugh bubbled out of her throat, "I still think this outfit looks good."

Gwen rolled her eyes, "Em, even you have never even seen that much of my skin."

"You're so boring," Em Jay sighed, but Gwen could tell she wasn't upset, "I guess I can find a different outfit."

"If you can even call it that," Gwen mumbled, "And I already know what I'm wearing."

The redhead gave her a look, "What? Jeans and a sweatshirt?"

Gwen rolled her eyes, "We're not going to the prom. We're going to the movies and getting a pizza. So, yes," the girl deadpanned, "Jeans and a sweatshirt."

"Ew," Em Jay mocked gagged, then she sighed, "You have to let me help in some way." Then like a lightbulb went off on her mind she shot up from her spot, "I'm gonna pick you out a skirt!"

Gwen's crinkled her nose in disgust and attempted to protest, but Em Jay didn't let her get any words out.

"You don't get a say, Stace, so don't even try," Em Jay began rummaging around her closet, "You can wear a skirt just this once. It's a special occasion.". She started dancing in place, "Gwen Stacy's first date!" She sang.

Gwen sighed heavily as she fought down the heat creeping up her neck.

The heroine went back and forth with her friend on the skirts she had picked out. Most were way too short for her liking, others were too flashy, and the drummer would die before she wore anything with flowers on it.

Eventually she had decided on a plain light blue skirt that came down to her knee, that Em Jay said brought out her eyes and opted to wear a white shirt and jean jacket. So, yeah, Em Jay basically got to pick her outfit anyway, Gwen had to admit that she kind of liked it.

Soon Gwen found herself laying back on Em Jay's bed while the redhead sat at the foot on it. Gwen scrolled through her phone, checking the time every few minutes.

"Just a few more hours."

"So..." Em Jay drawled the word out to get her attention. Gwen eyes glazed over her phone to meet the girl's grin, "You nervous?"

Gwen thought about it for a moment. She was nervous, but at the same time she wasn't. Because it wasn't like this was someone she didn't know. This was Miles- her best friend. She knew it wouldn't be awkward or anything like that.

They just clicked.

"A little bit," Gwen admitted, "But not really. We hang out all the time. This isn't too much different. It just... kinda means something more now." Gwen smiled slightly at that thought. "But I'm not like stressing out over it.," She shrugged, "I'm okay. And I'm sure Miles is too."

*******

Miles was definitely not okay.

He had no idea what he should wear or what he should bring or what movie to pick.

No, he hadn't picked the movie yet. He was a procrastinator and he knew that one day that would be the end of him.

Should he ask Ganke what to do? Or maybe Anya? What about Peter? Yes, he'd call Peter!

Miles looked down at his watch.

He still had few hours. Everything would be fine.

He plugged in Peter's number from his goober to his cellphone and let it ring.

"Hey kid, what's up?"

"Hey Peter," Miles chuckled nervously, "So I umm, kinda have a date in a few hours and I was hoping you could help me with planning."

There was silence and then, "Be there in two."

As the line went dead Miles sat down on his bed. His eyes drifted lazily over to the alarm clock and he soon found himself counting down the seconds in his head.

Soon enough, a portal opened up before him and out stepped Peter, stained sweatpants in all their glory.

"You came to the right guy," He announced with a proud grin.

They spent the next hour going over what Miles should wear, what he should say, and what whether they should go to the movies or get pizza first. Peter had suggested pizza first, but Miles didn't agree, eventually Peter shrugged and let the kid have his way.

Miles had opted for some kaki pants and a nice, black shirt. He checked himself over in the mirror and ran a hand through his curls.

He could do this. He hung out with Gwen all the time.

Peter and the boy said their goodbyes and the man slipped him a small wad of bills from his pocket. Miles glanced up at him with wide eyes.

"Peter, you-"

"It's my treat, kid," he waved the young hero off with a smile, before clasping him on the shoulder, "Have a good time." He started to punch a few buttons into his goober as he continued, "Make smart decisions." He stopped to give him a stern smile, "And Don't be awkward."

"Wow, thanks," Miles deadpanned.

"I'm serious, Miles," he grinned, "You're both already, clearly hooked on each other and you've already hung out like this hundreds of times," He reasoned, "So, don't make things, weird when they don't need to be. You both get along great."

Miles smiled softly and nodded, "Thanks, Peter."

"Anytime, Miles."

With that the man turned back to his watch and waved goodbye as a spiral of light appeared before him.

The boy soon found himself standing outside Gwen's front door as his nerves ate away at him. He shifted back and forth on the balls of his feet and gulped.

"You got this, Miles. She already likes you. You'll be fine."

"Uh, Miles?"

Miles's head whipped over to the source of the sound. He found Gwen to his left with her head poked out of her living room window. A smirk slowly forming on her face as she realized his stalling. "You good there?"

Miles's felt the tips of his ears warm. He cleared his throat as he collected himself. "Yup all good... Just thinking."

She was gone from the window and in a beat the boy could hear the doorknob jingle before, Gwen appeared in the doorway. The blond smiled widely, showcasing the small gap in her teeth that Miles found adorable.

She hopped down the front steps and they both began to walk in stride down the street. "Oh yeah," She mused, the smirk never leaving her face, "What about?"

She was trying to tease him- to draw out of him what they both knew he was thinking about, so he just shrugged and answered truthfully, "About you." He glanced over at her, smiling at her outfit. It was simple, cute, and yet so Gwen. "You look really nice."

That answer clearly caught her off guard. Her silence was a pretty big indicator. She probably just wasn't used to complements like that. Eventually she just huffed out an nervous laugh and shook her head, "Yeah, whatever." She turned the corner into an alley and began to fiddle with her goober.

Miles couldn't help, but take a bit of pride in the fact that he had made her so flustered.

Her portal emerged and she cast him a playful smile and salute before allowing herself to fall through.

They soon found themselves outside the movie theater. As they slipped through the doors Gwen questioned, "So, what movie are we watching?"

"Oh yeah, wait a sec," He fished around his pocket, retrieving his phone and pulling up the AMC app, "I didn't want to pick something you wouldn't like so..." He scratched the back of his neck nervously, "I thought I'd just let you pick."

She smiled small and bumped her shoulder with his as she took the phone from his hands, a silent thank you.

Gwen actually ended up picking some action, comedy movie about a spy. They settled into their seats in about the middle of the theater with a bucket of popcorn to share just as the movie began to play.

Miles enjoyed the movie- he really did, but about halfway through, he quickly found himself more interested in watching Gwen. No, not watching Gwen! That sounded creepy. Maybe... observing? That still sounded bad. He was just... enthralled with her. She was beautiful. She threw her head back as she laughed at something one of the characters had said and the boy's heart swelled. He loved hearing her laugh.

Man, he really was hooked.

"Miles, I can feel you staring at me." Gwen cast him a glance with a brow raised.

He only shrugged, "You're pretty."

A light blush rose to her cheeks and she groaned with a roll of her eyes, "You're so annoying."

Miles only smiled wider. He really enjoyed seeing this side of her- the side that let her guard down around him, that didn't feel the need to hide as much- the side that let herself be vulnerable. She trusted him and knowing that was enough to make a thrill shoot through his chest.

The movie went on and they watched in relative silence except for the occasional laugh and snicker. Also there was their exchange when the spy was up against the antagonist and Gwen commented on how she could have taken the guy out in thirty seconds. Eventually the climax came and Miles could sense the movie was nearing the finale.

The young hero could see Gwen reach for the popcorn out of the corner of his eye. Her hand slipped into the bucket and Miles grinned as a dumb idea came to him. He reached for Gwen hand as she fished around for the remainder of the popcorn and laced his fingers with hers, pulled their hands away from the bucket and placing them on the armrest between them.

Gwen cast him a confused and rather annoyed look. "Miles," she glared, "I wanted popcorn."

The boy placed a hand of his chest in mock hurt, "Gwanda, I'm offended. Would you really pick food over me?" He grinned as he watched her roll her eyes. He figured that sign meant she was inwardly laughing.

"I absolutely would." She grinned, though she didn't pull her hand away, only gave his hand an affectionate squeeze.

They stayed like that for the rest of the movie. Their palms began to sweat a bit, though Miles didn't mind and he guessed Gwen didn't either.

The credits rolled and Miles felt her grip on his hand slip away. He stood up and stretched his arms over his head, a few satisfying cracks sounding.

"So," the boy started, "Pizza?"

*******

It was short walk to the pizza place and even in her broad experience in ballet, Gwen had never before felt so light on her feet.

They talked about small nothings on the way there; school, the movie, her band, his art. The conversations just seemed to flow so smoothly. She just felt so right at this moment that anything other than the boy beside her felt wrong.

Miles was so good. He cared about her, unconditionally. He trusted her even though he had no reason to, even knowing she had secrets she wasn't ready to tell, and he was completely fine with it. He was one in a million and Gwen knew she would never be able to fathom just how lucky she is. This boy was a light shining through her darkness. He brightened her world.

The bell above the door chimed as the walked in, and Gwen nose was bombarded with the scent of marinara and mozzarella. She smiled as she took a whiff of it, her stance instantly relaxing.

It was a quaint little restaurant, make up of a rustic wood, theme with pattern of green red and white across the walls and seats, as well as pictures frames encasing the images of families as they dined here.

"I love this place," Miles stated from her side, as he looked around at the place with a reminiscent smile, "My dad used to be friends with the owner so we came here a lot."

Gwen glanced around, and a part of her felt privileged to get a glimpse of something that was a big part of Miles's childhood. One of the many things that were instrumental in who he was today. Her eyes landed on a picture frame and her brows raised in surprise at the sight of a young Miles, probably about ten sitting at a booth with his parents and a man with a young boy about, Miles's age. Young Miles was laughing, along with the other kid, the owner's son, with cheese and marinara dripping out the sides of his mouth. Miles's dad was ruffling his hair and his mom had her hand cupped over her mouth, probably muttering something about how he'd choke on his food.

"That's cute," the blond whispered.

"I always have been."

Gwen scoffed and threw punch to his shoulder. "Yeah, sure," she chuckled, "You're a loser."

"You've called me so many names on this date. I'm beginning to wonder if you came here for me or the pizza." Miles cast her a wry grin.

Gwen strode over to the counter and cast him a playful smile over her shoulder, "Oh, definitely the pizza."

"Sure you did."

"Miles?" A voice sounded. "No way, it is you!" A young guy about Miles age, with dark skin, glasses, and short, tight braids came up to the boy and clasped him on the shoulder, his eyes dancing with joy. He wore a red and white checkered apron over his white long sleeved tee, signaling his affiliation with the restaurant.

"Hey Judge, long time no see," Miles greeted, cheerfully "How's the family?"

Surprise flashed across his the boy's face before he schooled his features, "Not too bad I guess," He pushed his glasses up the bridge of his nose as he motioned them over to a booth and the two slid into their seats across from each other.

"Can I get you guys anything?" He asked, sliding a pen a paper out of his coat pocket.

"Umm," Miles eyes danced between Judge and Gwen before he finally answered, "One plain pie, please." He peered over at the girl for confirmation and she nodded.

"Alright, I'll be right back with a pie for you and.." Then his eyes settled on Gwen, seeming to memorize every feature on her face. His lips quirked up slightly. Gwen rose a brow and his smiled softened.

"This is Gwanda."

Gwen cast Miles a glare, stomping on his foot. The boy let out a yelp as he raised his leg, sadly causing his knee to bump the top on the table. He let out a whine as he brought his head down to the table. "It's Gwen actually," she corrected, grinning at Judge's subdued laughter.

Miles lifted his head with a pained smile as he gave the other boy a thumbs up.

Judge chuckled. Then suddenly his face became serious as he rose a brow at Miles, "Girlfriend?"

Miles grinned toothily, "You bet."

Gwen blanked.

"Umm, what?"

Judged clasped the boy's shoulder, "Alright, man, nice." He turned back to Gwen, "I'll be back with a pie a no time. See you two in bit."

Miles cast him a lazy two fingered wave. Gwen kicked him lightly under the table to grab his attention.

Miles turned to her with a hum of acknowledgment. She wanted to scoff at how he seemed so nonchalant, like he didn't know what she was referring to.

"You're girlfriend sounds pretty cool," Gwen rose a brow, "When do I get to meet her?"

Miles scratched the back of his head and chuckled awkwardly. "Sorry, it's just, I could see he was gonna make a move on you if I didn't say something."

Gwen was surprised for a moment before a laugh bubbled out of her throat. When her laugher died down she asked Miles, "We're you really worried about me falling for some random guy?"

Miles's ears tinted with red, but he tried to deflect from it, "Nah, I know you could never get over this face."

Gwen snorted, "Yeah, okay. Whatever helps you sleep at night."

"So," Miles started, and Gwen furrowed her brows at his strange change in tone, "Can I show you my girlfriend?" He seemed cautious. Gwen was so confused.

"What does that even-"

Gwen eyes caught something out of the corner of her eye. She glanced down to see Miles's phone, to find the camera app open and displaying her face on the screen. She felt a burst of emotion in her chest and she smiled brightly.

"He's such a dork. He's stupid, cheesy, adorable dork."

Gwen leaned forward over the table capturing his lips with her own. He flinched in surprise, before he comfortably tangled his fingers into her golden strands and she felt the boy smile against her mouth. She pulled back, trying to suppress her ever growing smile to no avail at the sight of his drunk-looking grin.

"I'd love to be your girlfriend, Dorkus."

Miles's eyes sparkled with mirth, a laugh bubbling out of his throat, "Dorkus? That's new."

"Yeah well, get used to it, Dorkus."

In that moment Gwen knew that everything would turn out alright, no matter what challenges the multiverse threw at them.

They were two superheroes. They were together. They were happy.

What more could she really ask for?

*******

And... that's a wrap!

I hope you guys enjoyed reading this story as much as I enjoy writing it. So, let me tell what other stories I'm working on right now.

When November rolls around I'll start publishing chapter in the sequel to my first story "Spider-verse: The Twist" It probably won't take me that long to write since I'm not having to make up my own material and I'm basing it off the movie, ATSV- with my own twist of course. 😜 This work will be titled "Spider-verse: The Warp". Y'know just to keep the theme.

I'm also working on two separate one shots. The first is from the Pov of Miles earth 42 and I'll be delving into his background.

The second will be centered around Gwen and will be titled, "Her Fatal Fate". Anybody that has watched across the Spider-verse would easily be able to guess that it's about that one scene.

After I finish "The Warp" I'll either do a continuation of this story, because when I first started writing it I had plans to make it into a trilogy, which is why, as some of you have seen, I left some of the problems in Miles and Gwen's lives unsolved. Though I also had another idea for a whole new Gwiles story, but I'm not there yet, so I'll deal with it later.

Anyways stay tuned for more updates on my upcoming stories and for any of you who aren't following me, I'll be keeping you posted on this story so, keep it in your  library if you want to read my other stories when they're released.

I'll see you guys soon and I hope your just as excited to read more Gwiles as I am to write it!

'Till next time.

Ghost

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

14.6K 281 25
After the defeat of the spot, Miles will never be able to see Gwen again, that is until a mysterious villain appears, with the goal to kill every spi...
132K 1.7K 29
What if things had gone differently? What if the blond Peter Parker of Earth 1610 got to train Miles like he said he would? What if Miles had already...
6.5K 174 28
This story begins months after the collider exploded at the end of Into the Spiderverse, with miles losing his memories of the everything that had ha...