Promise

By TigerWooong

All Wooyoung wanted was to get out of this lousy old town, escaping the problems that lie within it. When he... More

01: Meeting
02: Car Ride
03: Fear
04: The Leader
05: Hoodie
06: Cold Tears
07: Not a Date
08: Can't Sleep
09: The Snake and The Chain
10: Listen To Me
11: Too Far
12: Safe Place
13: Injury
14: Sector 1
15: The Past
16: A Special Moment
17: Count On Me
18: The Unexpected
19: Maniac
20: By Your Side
21: My Story
22: A Date?
23: Not Too Late
24: Reunion
25: Official
27: Fighter
28: Killer
29: Vampire Blood
30: No More Secrets
31: Double Take
32: Blood On My Hands
33: A Future Reflected On The Past
34: Wash It Away
35: Healing Process
36: Lost In My Mind
37: Closure

26: Heated

475 22 34
By TigerWooong

"I don't know what that stuff is, but it sure as hell isn't hunters venom as you guys were calling it." Wooyoung explained with a seriousness to his voice, looking down at the vile full of green liquid that was placed near the center of the table.

The entire group was gathered around the table in the dark corner, for the most part working together and on separate tasks at the same time. This green vile in question was picked off of one of the bodies that were taken out earlier, and the vampires were sure that it was a deadly toxin to them.

"Are you sure?" Jongho was the one to question, eyeballing the vile as if it would grow a sense of consciousness and attack him.

"Pretty sure." Wooyoung mirrored, nodded his head. He looked around at the others, eyes lingering on San the longest. "Listen, I've been around that stuff before, had it injected in me against my will, I know what hunters venom looks like, and that isn't it." Wooyoung reiterated, taking in a deep breath after memories he wanted forgotten resurfaced. "Hunters always carry that stuff in something that can easily be injected, not ingested. And it's a fucking blue liquid, not green. I have no idea what this green stuff is, sure it smells like hunters venom, but it was ingested by humans. Sure, I wouldn't trust it in the slightest, and I think you were right to not collect blood from those bodies, but this is something new to me that we're dealing with."

"I can't help but agree." Hongjoong followed up with a meek nod. Both hands were resting on the edge of the table, allowing his body to lean onto them. Despite the nonchalant stance, his aura was still as powerful as ever. "I vaguely remember seeing hunters venom in its original form, in its container, and it most certainly wasn't green. Whatever this stuff is could still be a threat to us, but not in the way hunters venom is." He paused, tapping his fingers a few times. "I'd say there's a few options to what we're dealing with here. One, this is an entirely new thing that we need to learn about. Two, this is in fact some kind of knock off of hunters venom, and that leads to further options, its being made to be consumed by humans to get to more vampires, or there was a leak in the hunters associations and this stuff is being sold illegally, via a recipe or an actual substance. There could be other things, but that's what comes to my mind at this moment in time."

Wooyoung watched the other vampires as Hongjoong spoke, and it made him feel something strange. He noticed after Hongjoong's clarification the others seemed to relax a little. It made him feel, like even after these months they've been together, there's still a part of some of these vampires that doesn't trust him. And he didn't know what to do with that. Sure, he has to respect it. But at the same time, he trusts every single one of them with his life.

It made him think, did he take things too fast? Did he really let himself drop all of his shields for people that haven't considered dropping theirs for him?

Then again, there were two that didn't change in the slightest. San, of course, and Yeosang. Their dementors remained the same from when Wooyoung last spoke, to when Hongjoong finished speaking. To him, that had to mean something. They trusted him completely. San he expected, but it meant something more from Yeosang in that moment.

But then the thoughts came back. Perhaps Yeosang wasn't paying full attention since he was face-first in his laptop, constantly typing away and only glancing up once every five or so minutes. He didn't give any kind of acknowledgment to anything being said.

Shit.

He felt like he needed to escape at that moment.

Taking one step backwards, he froze when a hand caught his left wrist. He looked down at it, trailing up the arm, only to meet San's gaze. Wooyoung bit his lip sheepishly, lowering his gaze again and simply stared at the edge of the table, jaw becoming tense. San's hand delicately moved from his wrist down to his hand, forcing his fingers out of the fist they were locked in, only to interlock their fingers out of sight from the others.

Of course. He reads me too well.

Wooyoung didn't even realize the others were talking throughout that time, only tuning in again when San turned his attention back to his fellow vampires and spoke.

"Well I honestly think this venom stuff should be the least of our worries." San had an edge to his voice, both stern and defensive. "We were literally infiltrated by enemies. Sure humans, but whoever they were with started something. If you all want to figure out about this venom stuff, then Wooyoung and I will deal with this enemy situation on our own."

The hunters eyes widened, once again being volun-told to do something. He wasn't necessarily complaining, he wanted to help out, but it made him nervous seeing as the last time this happened, well things went really downhill.

"You will not be dealing with this on your own." Hongjoong immediately shut that idea down, giving San a look that couldn't be fought. "And us discussing the venom wasn't saying that it was more important right now. We just need to wait for Yeosang and Mingi to find more information for us to move forward."

San shrugged his shoulders in a way that was both accepting of the outcome, but challenging in the same light. Wooyoung squeezed his hand, gaining his attention. In a brisk shake of his head, Wooyoung told San to cut it out, and so the vampire obliged. Wooyoung was stopped from doing something he felt like he needed to do only minutes prior, so it was only fair he got even.

"I think they knew they were going to die." Yeosang muttered, lowering himself to a squat as he spoke, looking up as he continued searching on the laptop. "There's a lot of different leads that could take us to the right people who sent them. Or maybe all of these people are the right ones to go after. I can't really tell."

"Yeah, I'm coming up with the same thing using a few of the other devices." Mingi added, leaning his head against Yunho's shoulder as he also continued searching on his own laptop. "It's kinda weird. But my guess is that all of these different bands actually work together in some way. Taking them all out could lead us to the person in charge of them all."

"Interesting." Hongjoong said questioningly, shaking his head, brows furrowed. "From the looks of it, they're all human? No hunters?"

"I can't necessarily tell quite yet." Yeosang shook his head, tongue poking his inner cheek. He stood upright again, standing in a different way. Finally he raised his eyes from the screen, looking directly to the leader. "From my guess, they're all humans. Perhaps the top bands are rogue hunters? Or...hunters that left the program and all. Still do dirty work and go after vampires, just in a different way."

"Fuck." Wooyoung let out completely on accident, suddenly having a death grip on San's hand.

All eyes went to him.

"What?" Hongjoong asked, concerned and caring, but the serious edge to him was still evident.

Wooyoung blinked a few times, trying to think of an out.

"I stood on my leg wrong." Wooyoung said sheepishly, looking down at his knee as if that'd fix his problem. "Sorry."

The others moved on, finding that to be a valid reason for the sudden curse. He only earned a few more questioning glances before the others went back to talking about what they should do. Coming up with ideas and theories of who could be behind this, and how they could get back at them to prevent this from happening again. San was the only one that didn't buy it.

The others didn't know that Wooyoung was standing just fine without his brace earlier.

"Yeah, I think these places actually work together in some way." Yeosang muttered, tapping a finger impatiently on the side of the laptop. He looked over to Mingi to get some other clarification. "Are you seeing what I'm seeing?"

"No...." Mingi trailed off, brows furrowed. There were some other clicks and typing from his laptop, Yunho moving to lean over his shoulder in that time period to also try to look over the information. His hands delicately wrapped around Mingi's waist. "Oh...wait now I think I do."

"What is it?" Seonghwa questioned, wanting to be in on the information but not have to move to peek over someone's shoulder to look at the laptop.

"I think there's three bands working together." Yeosang explained, tongue poking his inner cheek before he continued. "I'm not entirely sure what the intention was, but I'm confident that if we look into them we might find our answer." Again he paused, looking to Mingi then back to his own laptop. "It seems like the first band is an underground gambling place, kinda close to here actually. Second place is a fight club, again totally illegal by what I can gather from these conversations. And the last place...a club or bar kinda place...further away from here."

As Yeosang mentioned that last place, Yunho looked up from the screen, locking eyes with Wooyoung. There was a questioning look to him, one that let Wooyoung know all he needed to.

He felt like his chest was collapsing in on itself, a different kind of panic.

"Let go." Wooyoung muttered under his breath, tilting his head downward in San's direction.

San, oblivious to what was happening, listened and let go of Wooyoung's hand. Thankful, the hunter let out a tense breath and shook out his cold hand. He waited around a few seconds to see if he could handle this, but he couldn't hear what the others were saying. His ears were ringing as the past began resurfacing.

"Hey, where are you going?" San called out almost sounding sad, though more evidently concerned. He didn't reach out to stop Wooyoung, but he was completely facing the hunter.

Wooyoung didn't even realize his feet were guiding him away from the table, it was like he lost his vision, or just the entire control of his body. He let out a breath, turning back to the vampires with a small, fake smile.

"I just need some air." Wooyoung turned back around, the smile instantly dropping, almost like the tears that threatened to form and fall. He hoped the others could at least feel that he wanted to be alone, because he didn't want to have to say those words.

And somehow, he made it outside without anyone saying anything to him, or without anyone following him. The air was losing its cold touch, and the trees and grass were starting to regain their color. It didn't bother Wooyoung entirely, the only thing that was annoying was that he instantly started sniffling.

His allergies distracted him from crying. So maybe it wasn't that bad.

Leaning up against the wall some ways away from the door, Wooyoung let himself breathe properly again. He closed his eyes, trying to get himself to relax.

It was no use, since his mind constantly replayed the past.

"Stop." Wooyoung said aloud, bringing his hands up to hold the side of his head.

His grip was kind of tight, and he hit the back of his head against the wall with a bit more force than he should've. He cursed himself out, opening his eyes to stare at the sky. His chest rose and fell heavily as he watched the clouds form different shapes, blowing in the wind.

It was a distraction that took him away from reality for a short period of time.

His hands fell back to his side, and he simply put all of his weight into leaning against the wall, heels digging into the dirt below.

Suddenly he heard the groan of the door opening, and he was about to snap at who he assumed was San, but found himself biting his tongue. Hongjoong closed the door behind himself, at first keeping his distance while showing a knowing look. Wooyoung simply looked him in the eyes for those few moments before distastefully looking away, glaring in another direction.

"How are you doing?" Hongjoong asked cautiously, taking a few steps forward, kicking up dirt underneath his shoes.

Wooyoung looked back towards the vampire, only not his face. He watched Hongjoong's shoes as they crunched against the random rocks within the dirt. He couldn't face the captain.

"I'm sorry." Wooyoung found himself talking quietly in a lower octave than he usually uses.

"For what?" Hongjoong spoke almost too innocently, leaning up against the wall a good arms length from the hunter.

"For my past catching up to me yet again." Wooyoung scoffed, head hitting the wall again as he looked ahead. "And having it involve all of you."

"I don't see how that's something you have to apologize for." Hongjoong peacefully said, following Wooyoung's gaze. He gave off an aura that wasn't familiar to Wooyoung. Both calming and accepting, with no judgement or anger. "Wooyoung, this isn't your fault."

"But what if it is?" Wooyoung breathed out, shaking his head as his heels dug further into the dirt. "What if my former boss knew more about me than I thought? What if she's behind this attack? I can't stop thinking about it now, old memories returning and how I never wanted it to involve any of you."

Hongjoong let Wooyoung get his thoughts out, the words just floating in the air.

"It's just weird the more I think about it, and I can't help but be suspicious." Wooyoung continued, anger rising like the level of his voice. "I don't know if one of the men I used to work with did something to my phone, cause it was so weird how he texted me on that night San brought me here. And then a few weeks ago, one of the women I used to work with showed up at that restaurant San and I were at, when we learned about the sisters and whatnot. People from the past that shouldn't be showing up again, and sure that was only two instances, but that's two too many. And then this attack, and learning that the club I used to work at has to be involved in some way."

Wooyoung paused again, and Hongjoong still didn't butt in. Though he did turn his vision to the side and watched the younger as he continued to speak.

"I...can't help but feel like I've been used in some way. Like I've been followed or tracked somehow." Wooyoung explained now sounding saddened, lowering his head to stare at his shoes. His jaw clenched up for a moment, trying to suppress tears. "I remember when I gave you those documents...how you or San said it was weird that my former boss gave me information that vampires would want, and not necessarily any other humans or hunters. And now there's this weird liquid stuff that I'm not even sure what it could be. It just seems too weird, and something in me is telling me its all connected."

"It's probably best to not make those kind of assumptions yet." Hongjoong was skeptical about speaking, it was clear in the tone he used. "We still need more information and—"

"My gut tells me otherwise." Wooyoung interrupted, for the first time since this conversation started looking to the side to lock eyes with his leader.

A few seconds passed in silence as Hongjoong read the hunter. He let out a heavy sigh, looking down for another moment before locking eyes again.

"Wooyoung...I'd never send you somewhere you'd be uncomfortable or where its dangerous, physically or mentally." Hongjoong started, trying to make the words come of as sincere as possible. "I know I've screwed up in the past, but I'd never intentionally do that to you, knowing what the consequences may be. If it turns out that we need to investigate all three of these places with our own eyes, I'd more than likely send you and San to the fight club, since San can very easily fend for himself in those situations, and while he'd deal with whatever, you can look for other things. I wouldn't let you step foot near that place you used to work, nor let anyone there know you're affiliated with us if you don't want that to happen." He paused again for a second, reaching out to put a reassuring hand on the hunters nearest shoulder. "You're safe with us Wooyoung, and we aren't in any way upset at you, and would never blame you for anything."

Wooyoung couldn't respond, turning his head away and only showing a few mere nods. His throat tightened up, and he didn't want to risk speaking at this point. Yet after those moments, he found himself shaking his head.

"I don't get it." Wooyoung muttered under his breath, almost as if those words weren't meant to be spoken.

Hongjoong's brows furrowed. "What don't you get?"

"How I ended up so lucky." Wooyoung smirked a little, a sad expression looking at it fully. He glanced to the side, allowing the vampire to remain in his vision. Hongjoong tilted his head a little, a way to show he was still a bit confused. "I've never had anyone like you, or the others for that matter, in my life before. So I just don't understand what I've done to deserve being by your side."

"Fate works in weird ways." Hongjoong breathed out, leaning back against the wall again, looking upward to the clouds. It appeared he was going to continue speaking, but he suddenly snapped his head over towards the door to the warehouse.

Confused, Wooyoung completely looked over as well, trying to figure out what Hongjoong was even looking at. But then it made sense when the door groaned opened, and out stepped the person he's bonded to with a very sheepish smile present on his lips.

Hongjoong let out a sound between a scoff and a chuckle.

"What do you need San?" Hongjoong questioned, pushing himself off the wall when the younger vampire approached.

"Hey, why're you looking at me like that?" San sounded playful despite the things that have been happening, glancing between Hongjoong and Wooyoung. It was clear the captain wasn't in as much of a playful mood. "Alright, alright. The others think they found some things that they want you to see."

"Okay." Hongjoong nodded, looking back over to Wooyoung. "Are you okay out here?"

"Yeah, thanks." Wooyoung responded, also giving a few nods that he hoped help assure the captain.

With another questioning glance to San, Hongjoong started making his way back into the building. Only he stopped to stare at the other vampire.

"Are you not coming back in?" Hongjoong called out, hand on the door handle.

"Nope, have fun!" San taunted in a way, waving dramatically before turning his back to the older, as if that would stop any repercussions from happening.

It seemed to work in a way, since Hongjoong rolled is eyes and left the bonded pair alone outside.

As soon as the door closed San turned his attention back to Wooyoung, concern in his eyes, yet a subtle smirk on his lips. That confused Wooyoung, who remained unmoving from his place, only watching San approach him.

Wooyoung wasn't necessarily surprised when San was in front of him, but couldn't lie, something changed when San stepped forward and put his legs on either side of his own. San then wrapped both of his arms around Wooyoung's middle, leaning in just enough to successfully trap Wooyoung between himself and the wall. It was a sweet gesture that could've looked very different from an outsiders perspective.

"You heard everything, didn't you?" Wooyoung didn't even sound phased, eyes examining the vampires features. From this position, he had to look up a bit more than usual, and San more downwards than usual.

"Yeah." San didn't even try to hide it, hoping that his presence could maybe help calm Wooyoung. He was worried greatly, and of course Wooyoung took priority over everything else. "Did you need to talk about anything else?"

"No, I don't think so." Wooyoung muttered, tempted to look away, but for whatever reason, he couldn't. It was like he became trapped in a trance. "I'm so—"

"No." San immediately cut off, his eyes narrowing just enough to show he wasn't happy. He knew where that was going. "Stop apologizing."

Wooyoung stiffened slightly at that, San's arms had tightened around his waist. Nowhere near enough to hurt, but the change made him react. In response to what was said, Wooyoung let out a long huff of air, now glaring at San in return.

"Oh stop, you get on me for that, so it's only fair I get to stop you in return." San tried to lighten the atmosphere by playing around again, leaning his face in a little closer.

"Whatever." Wooyoung rolled his eyes, sass in his voice. "What's happening in there?"

"Honestly? I have no idea." San laughed, eyes bouncing all around Wooyoung's features.

"Seriously?" Wooyoung countered, noticing very well what San's eyes were doing. "Can't you just listen in? Or for that matter, I thought you came out here to get Hongjoong specifically cause of what was happening."

San shrugged his shoulders. "I was listening out here, couldn't really pay attention to the others. I got a pencil thrown at my face and was told to just bring Hongjoong inside and stay out here with you."

Wooyoung scoffed, shaking his head. "Figures."

"Just try not to worry so much, I know saying that doesn't necessarily help, but I think you should at least try." San's tone changed to a more serious manner, eyes reflecting the sincerity of his wish. "We'll be able to take care of everything."

"I know." Wooyoung trailed off, speaking much softer. He still couldn't get himself to look away. "San?"

"Yeah?" The vampire responded, tilting his head a little, which only seemed to make their faces come closer together.

"Thanks for not making a big deal out of things." Wooyoung muttered, unsure if his message was even able to come off the way he wanted.

San of course nodded his head, understanding what Wooyoung was getting at. He knew not to go flaunting to the others about what they became merely hours before. It wasn't right. And quite frankly, he wasn't sure if he was going to tell the others. It didn't change anything for him, and he believed that'd probably make Wooyoung more comfortable too.

Suddenly their sweet moment was interrupted.

Wooyoung's face grew a very bright red, even more so when San chuckled.

"I guess you're hungry." San continued to chuckle, eyes practically forming hearts from the way he looked at Wooyoung.

"Shut up. I thought I told you not to make comments when my stomach does that." Wooyoung tried to shove San away, but failed miserably. He tilted his head to the side, pouting. "You already know the answer, it's not like I have to say anything."

San smiled gently, leaning in to press his forehead against Wooyoung's for just a moment before backing away again, almost as if exchanging a kiss without having their lips touch.

"Let's go inside then, yeah?" San suggested, nodding his head in the direction of the door.

Wooyoung whined.

San laughed.

"I'll take it you don't want to make your food then." San stated, shaking his head as he admired the smaller. He removed a hand from around Wooyoung's waist, bringing it up to brush some hair out of his face.

"I'd rather not." Wooyoung muttered, turning to glare off to the side, finally snapping out of his trance. "But...."

"But?" San repeated, trying to pry the answer out of the hunter.

"Nothing, let's just go inside." Wooyoung shook his head, again trying to push San away but failed. "San."

"Wooyoung." San returned with a small smirk, knowing he still had a few buttons he could push before it would cross a line.

Wooyoung grumbled a bit, stopping when an idea came to his mind. San's brows furrowed when he noticed the smallest of smirks grow on Wooyoung's lips. Then a squeak emitted from the vampires lips as Wooyoung's hands reached up and clasped behind his neck.

Leaning upwards, Wooyoung created almost no space between their faces, having taken the vampire by surprise he was able to move just a little. But it wasn't enough space, he needed another surprise.

Without any other kind of forewarning, Wooyoung closed the space between their lips with quite a bit of force. He thought it would be enough to catch San off guard and therefore allow him to escape, but boy did that plan backfire. And it wasn't even San's doing. Wooyoung found himself melting into the kiss he initiated, especially when the vampire kissed back with the same amount of passion after a moment or two of hesitation.

I'm so fucking stupid. Why did I even think that would work?

Yet Wooyoung didn't back away, feeling a loss of breath when San smirked into the kiss. San's hand that was already detached from Wooyoung's waist leaned against the wall beside his head, deepening the kiss to a different level. They felt something similar, making them both feel so weak but so strong at the same time.

After what felt like an eternity their lips parted, leaving them both panting, breathing in the same air. Their eyes reopened to stare into the others, seeing the same emotions reflected back at them.

"I wasn't expecting that." San chuckled lowly, tracing circles against Wooyoung's hip with his thumb, making the smaller unconsciously stiffen.

Unable to respond, Wooyoung instead tried to escape now. He reached up for San's arm, pulling down where it bent fast enough for San not to process, and hard enough to actually get the vampire to move. With a quick spin and shove Wooyoung had San pressed up against the wall. And remembering some past interactions, he reached for San's arms again, this time pinning both of his wrists on either side of his head.

Now Wooyoung was the one with the deeper smirk.

They stared into the others eyes, both challenging the other in different ways. Wooyoung in a way that was almost cocky, taking joy in the dynamic change. San in a way that begged Wooyoung to continue, but at the same time showed that he knew he was still in charge in the end.

Wooyoung didn't know what truly overcame him in that moment, especially when someone could come out and see them at any moment, but it was like San's lips suddenly became an addiction. He needed to feel them against his own.

And that's how the couple found themselves making out. Earlier it didn't seem like much had changed once the relationship was established, but right then, it seemed like making things official added gasoline to the flame in their hearts. The ice around Wooyoung's heart long forgotten. If only the past could be the same.

Wooyoung parted first, breathing heavily again, but he couldn't look San in the eyes. He watched the ground as he released San, stumbling backwards.

"Hey." San grabbed the side of Wooyoung's face, lifting it so their eyes could meet. "It's okay."

"Yeah." Wooyoung's voice shook, his eyes wavering.

"I should've stopped you." San chuckled, face still flushed. Yet he tried to push what he was feeling behind him to focus on the hunter, and his form of distractions was being playful. "But quite frankly, I was enjoying myself a bit too much."

Wooyoung shook his head, laughing a little under his breath. "I just need to stop thinking so goddamn much."

"You really do." San removed his hand only to flick Wooyoung's forehead.

That caused the hunters eyes to widen, a hand going up to rub the spot that was just attacked. "Ow, there was no need for that."

"I beg to differ." San shrugged his shoulders, though despite what he said he stepped forward and pecked Wooyoung's forehead as an apology. Then his smirk deepened again. "I know you're hungry, but I didn't realize you were hungry in that—"

Wooyoung made a loud noise of protest, reaching to put his hand over San's mouth. His eyes narrowed in a scolding manner. "No, I was not."

"You sure?" San's words hardly sounded like what he wanted to say, being muffled by the hunters hand, but Wooyoung still somehow understood.

Wooyoung made another loud noise, this time in disgust. He was shaking his hand by his side before frantically wiping it against his pants. "Did you just fucking lick me?"

San chuckled, moving forward again to sling an arm around Wooyoung's shoulder, now leading him towards the door.

"I had to get your hand off me somehow." San shrugged nonchalantly, teasingly looking down at his boyfriend.

"You have insane strength compared to me. You could've forced me off instead of licking me." Wooyoung complained, stepping out of San's hold, crossing his arms over his chest and standing in protest.

San stopped as well, simply blinking exaggeratedly at the smaller. "Wooyoung...I quite literally had my tongue in your mouth not even a few minutes ago. I think my saliva on your hand is the least of your worries."

Wooyoung's face burned, oh and it burned hot. He couldn't believe what he just heard, and now he was thinking about San's lips again. But he couldn't believe the taller just outright said that, but then again, it's San he's dealing with. This guy has had hardly any filter since they've met.

"Plus, I'd never use my strength against you." San smirked at the fact that he caused Wooyoung to malfunction so much. He didn't linger anymore, going straight to the door and opened it. He glanced inside to see most of the others still around working, then he looked back to Wooyoung almost in a taunting way.

"Fuck you." Wooyoung said under his breath, staring right at San when he said it.

San seemed totally unfazed, if anything, he raised a brow and smirked more as if to challenge Wooyoung to the idea.

Wooyoung fanned himself dramatically as he walked towards the door, hoping he could at least get himself to look somewhat normal again. But it was no use. His face only lit up again when he walked by San, who playfully slapped his ass when he passed.

"Choi fucking San!"

"Wooyoung's really mad at you, isn't he?" Yunho asked in a way that was both joking and concerned, though definitely more of the first.

San shrugged his shoulders, looking sheepish. "I crossed a line I shouldn't of. It'll be fine." He paused, looking to the older. "I don't really wanna talk about it."

The two were outside underneath the full moon. Wooyoung refused to let San in the bed when he went to sleep, so the vampire respected his space and instead found something else to do. Which is how he ended up out here with Yunho, who was previously working on his car, making repairs and tuning up some other things.

"Alright." Yunho responded, taking glances at San. "How're you holding up by the way?"

San tore his vision from the night sky to the taller, furrowing his brows.

"In what way?" San needed more clarification rather than just the genetic question.

"Blood." Yunho set his things down on the hood of the jeep, crossing his arms and staring straight into San's soul.

San's eyes widened, and he quickly looked over towards where everyone usually walks around the side of the warehouse to get to the cars. He listened out for anyone, but heard no one. Everyone was either asleep or didn't have strong enough hearing to listen into their conversation.

"I'm fine." San answered, locking eyes with the taller. It almost seemed like a glare.

"Hey, I'm just looking out for you." Yunho shrugged nonchalantly, putting his hands up in mock surrender. "We don't need you getting low again, and risking things."

"Yeah, yeah, I'm well aware." San spoke briskly, looking again over to the side of the warehouse, very obviously paranoid. "I'm fine. I'll let you know when I'm low."

"Alright." Yunho carried out that word with a lighter tone, in a way like he almost didn't believe the younger.

San again glared at Yunho, earning a dramatic eye roll.

A few days turned into a week, which turned into two. Many plans were being created based on the numerous theories flying through the air. But finally one was settled on, which was set to take place in merely a few hours. After the group spent some time changing their looks up, somehow not damaging their hair in the process, and Wooyoung being given time to get comfortable not wearing a brace again, everyone could say they were back to one hundred percent. And now they were more than ready to get to the bottom of what the hell has been going on.

Everyone, including humans, should know not to mess with these outlaws.

~~~~~~~~
A/N: Hello everyone, thank you so much for 3k reads. I honestly kinda struggled with putting this chapter together, but I feel like I got the key things written in order to move on. I hope you enjoyed reading it and have a good day/night.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8K 479 22
A noble prince, ready to do what he could to ensure his people were safe, finds it hard to live under the expectations of his parents' wishes. He esc...
14.2K 953 36
Wooyoung thought traveling the world would be his life, but in reality, he was just a lost soul. Until a dare forces him to cross paths with a devil...
119K 6K 39
➤ park seonghwa, a cold discreet vampire, that's how they describe him. truthfully, the vampire isn't cold, he's just keeping up his guard. the vampi...
6.7K 222 11
vampire /ˈvampʌɪə/ (in European folklore) a corpse supposed to leave its grave at night to drink the blood of the living by biting their necks with l...