thelxiepeia | s.stilinski

By elsiecherry

lottie bailey never expected to fall in love with her best friend, then again, she never thought her other be... More

before you read
contents
graphics
part one
cast
chapter one
chapter two
chapter three
chapter four
chapter five
chapter six
chapter seven
chapter eight
chapter nine
chapter ten
chapter eleven
chapter twelve
part two
cast list
chapter thirteen
chapter fourteen
chapter fifteen
chapter sixteen
chapter seventeen
chapter eighteen
chapter nineteen
chapter twenty
chapter twenty one
chapter twenty three
chapter twenty four
interlude
part three
cast list
chapter twenty five
chapter twenty-six
chapter twenty seven
chapter twenty eight
chapter twenty nine
chapter thirty
chapter thirty one
chapter thirty two
chapter thirty three
chapter thirty four

chapter twenty two

532 24 70
By elsiecherry

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 2.10 *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

'touch him again. i'll kill you. understand?'

✧༺♥༻✧

Lottie once again just wished for the night to be over, the moon was draining her, she just found out she'd been on a date with a serial killer, oh and she thought she saw the boy she's in love with slaughtered.

Scott and Stiles entered the Stilinski household with Lottie on Scott's back as Stiles ran ahead to wake his dad. Scott dropped Lottie gently on Stiles' bed as Stiles and Stilinski entered the room.

"Noah, you're gonna have to be real patient with us on this one, I promise it's the truth." Lottie sighed as she got up and hugged the older man.

"Matthew Daehler?" Stilinski asked as Stiles finished his rant and showed a picture of Matt in the yearbook.

"Yes." Stiles replied.

"This kid's the real killer?" Stilinski continued.

"Yes."

"No." Stilinski argued, shaking his head.

"Dad, everyone knows the police look for ways to connect victims in a murder. All he had to do was go through their transcripts and find out which class they all attended." Stiles fought back, determined to make his father know the truth without exposing him to the world of the supernatural.

"Except for the rave promoter, Kara. She wasn't in Harris's class." Stilinski told the trio.

"Oh yeah, that's right. So I guess they're dropping the charges against him?" Stiles quipped sarcastically, raising a brow as he father sighed.

"No, they're not dropping the charges. Which doesn't prove anything. Little Lotts, Scott, you guys believe this?" The older man asked, trusting them more than his son.

"It's not easy to explain how we know, but if you can just trust us. We know it's Matt." Scott started.

"Noah, I would never lie about something that could jeopardise your job. It's Matt, trust me." Lottie told the man sincerely, she genuinely just wanted to stop Matt and get Stilinski reinstated. He smiled fondly at the girl before turning his attention back to his son.

"He took Harris's car. He knew if the cops found tire tracks at one of the murders and that if enough of the victims were in Harris's class, he'd be arrested." Stiles explained.

"Fine. I'll allow the remote possibility. But give me a motive. Why would this kid want most of the 2006 swim team and its coach dead?" Stilinsnki asked.

"Isn't it obvious?" Stiles rapport.

"This should be good." Lottie mumbled, resting her head on Scott's shoulder.

"Our swim team sucks! They haven't won in years." Lottie burst out laughing, muffling the sound by putting her mouth behind Scott's back. "Okay, we don't exactly have a motive yet. But then again, does Harris?"

The trio of teens watched the ex-sheriff wrestle with the question, his eyes fixed on Matt's picture in the yearbook. He let out a reluctant sigh before looking up to the teens. "What do you want me to do?"

Scott stood up, "We need to look at the rest of the evidence." He replied hesitantly, knowing it was a long shot.

"That's all back at the station. Where I no longer work."

"Trust me, they'll let you in." Stiles pleaded, looking at his father in desperation.

"Trust you?" Stilinski asked, a look of disbelief on his face.

"Trust me Noah." Lottie offered.

"You, I trust. Let's go." Stilinski said with a smile, ruffling the girl's hair as she grinned up at him.

"Shotgun!" Lottie shouted as she ran out of the room and shrieked with laughter as she heard Stiles call out after her saying he should have a shotgun.

"When those two get married, my speech is going to be incredible." Scott muttered to himself as he walked out of the room, smiling after them. Stilinski followed after the trio with a giant grin.

"My speech will be even better." He mumbled to Scott, laughing at his shocked face before high-fiving the younger boy as they made their way out to the car to see Stiles fake wrestling Lottie for the front seat. "Hey! Don't scratch the paint work, you two! Lottie, front seat!" Stilinski called out as Stiles threw his hands up in the air in protest as Lottie tickled his belly before sliding around him and got into the police car.

The quartet rolled up to the police station in quick time. The Night Officer raised a wary eyebrow when she saw Sheriff Stilinski.

"It's two in the morning." She sighed. Lottie stepped up next to Stilinski as Stiles and Scott stood behind him as they all approached the desk.

"Believe me, I wouldn't be here if it wasn't extremely important." Stilinski replied, just as dejectedly.

Lottie turned her head to listen to Stiles whispering.

"We look at the hospital stuff first, okay?"

"Why?" She heard Scott whisper back.

"Because all of the murders were committed by Jackson except for one, remember?" Stiles pointed out.

"The pregnant girl, Jessica right?"

"Since Matt had to kill her himself, someone at the hospital could have seen him." Stiles finished. Lottie turned to the Night Officier, she was bored of waiting.

"Hello, hi," Lottie introduced, cutting off the adults conversation, "It's Nellie right?" She asked. When Nellie nodded her head, Lottie continued. "Perfect, so I hate to do this but I'm dreadfully bored of all this back and forth, so really you've left me no choice. You are going to let us through, no issues, no questions and most importantly no bothering us. Okay? Please and thank you." She finished, forgetting that Stilinski had no idea of her power.

"No issues, no questions and no bothering you. Go ahead." Nellie answered as her eyes glazed over, the compulsion working better than it ever had, Lottie was getting more powerful as the moons passed.

"That was suspiciously easy, you know you've always had the world wrapped around your finger Little Lotts?" Stilinski told the girl as they made their way into the office.

"What can I say? I have a way with words I guess? Or a threatening undertone? Either way, it's done us alright tonight hey?" She grinned, looking back at the man as she sat on one of the desk chairs.

Stilinski sat at his desk and logged onto his computer and began to click through the security footage, Stiles and Scott peered over his shoulder as Lottie kicked her feet up on the desk and flicked through some of the folders on the desk.

"I don't know, guys. Look at this. There was a six car pile-up that night. The hospital was jammed. Little Lotts, stop looking at crime photos." He scolded as Lottie held up a folder covering her face. He smiled fondly at the girl before going back to the footage.

"Just keep going. He'd have to pass one of the cameras on that floor to get to Jessica. He's got to be on the footage somewhere–" Stiles started.

"​​Hold on, stop. Did you see that? Scroll back." Scott cut him off, pointing at the screen as Lottie stood up and made her way over to the computer.

Stilinski moved the footage back and paused on the image of a young man walking down the corridor. Stiles clicked his finger and pointed at the back of the man's head.

"That's him. That's Matt."

"All I see is that back of someone's head." Stilinski sighed.

"Matt's head. I sit behind him in History. He has a very distinct cranium." Stiles replied.

"Stiles, whilst I agree and I know that's Matt. I hope you know that 'He has a very distinct cranium' wouldn't hold up in court." Lottie fondly told the boy.

"ARE you crazy?" Stilinski asked, disbelief apparent on his face as he turned to his son.

"Fine, then look at his jacket. How many people wear black leather jackets?" Stiles rebutted.

"Again, not your finest argument. Millions of people wear leather jackets. " Lottie mumbled, placing a hand on Stiles' back in the dip between his shoulder blades.

"Can you scroll forward? There has to be a shot of him coming at one of the cameras, right?" Scott asked optimistically.

"Stop, stop, stop! There he is again." Stiles shouted, looking at the screen.

"You mean there's the back of his head again." Stilinski sighed.

"Guys, look at who he is talking to." Lottie instructed the three men, a certain type of worriedness seeping in her tone as she pointed at the screen.

"He's talking to my mum." Scott said, panic settling in.

"Call Melissa... CAlL MELISSA NOW." Lottie instructed the boy, panic seeping in her voice. Now the adults she cared about were in danger. She tried to remain calm as her breathing began to speed up, in her mind she knew there was nothing she wouldn't do to protect the people she cared about, nothing at all. Now she had power, growing power, her need to use it and protect was growing. She just had to make sure she channelled it correctly.

Scott pulled out his phone and put it on speaker as he told his mum about Matt.

"Scott, you know how many people I deal with in a day?" Melissa sighed down the phone.

"This one's sixteen, looks like a normal teenager-" Scott began to describe.

"Tell her he looks evil." Stiles shouted across the room as Lottie reached up and put her hand over his mouth.

"Not helping Stiles. Not everyone looks evil. It's sometimes the people you least suspect. How do you think he got away with it for so long?" Lottie whispered up to him as he moved her hand away from his mouth and linked his pinky with hers.

"I already talked to the police about this." Melissa replied.

"Okay, one sec'. I'm going to send you a picture of him." Scott told his mum as Stiles ran over to the desk and flipped the yearbook open on a page of Matt, pointing as Scott took a picture before sending it to Melissa. "You get it?"

"Yeah." Melissa answered, her voice more distant as she looked at the photograph.

"Hi Melissa, it's Lottie, do you recognize him? Did you see him?" Lottie asked.

"Yeah, I did. I remember I stopped him because he was tracking mud into the hall." Melissa confirmed, concern seeping through the phone as she realised there was a danger looming amongst them.

Stilinski looked up to the three concerned teenagers before sighing, "We have shoe prints alongside the tire tracks at the trailer site."

"If they match, that puts Matt at the scene of three murders. The trailer, the hospital and the rave." Stiles pointed out as he began to pace.

"Actually, four. A credit card receipt for an oil change was signed by Matt at the garage where the mechanic was killed." Stilinski informed them as Stiles stopped in his tracks.

"When did that happen Noah?" Lottie asked, pulling Stiles to her side.

"A few hours before you got there."

"Dad, if one's an incident, two's a coincidence, three's a pattern, what's four?" Stiles asked, clutching Lottie's hand in his own.

"Enough to get a warrant. Scott, ask your Mom how fast she can be here." Stilinski replied, a certain seriousness clipped his tone as he officially got back into sheriff mode.

"Now?" Scott asked.

"Right now. An official ID will get me a search warrant. Stiles, tell the front desk to let Scott's mom in when she gets here."

Lottie nodded at Stiles as he squeezed her hand three times and made his way to the front desk. Scott instructed his mum to make her way over to the station. Lottie walked over to the desk in the room and hopped up, sitting and swinging her legs, waiting for the next development.

"Noah, it's gonna be okay, you know? I promise, we'll get to the bottom of this and you'll get your job back." Lottie swore. She'd do everything in her power to return his life back to normal.

"Little Lotts, it isn't your burden to bear." He told the girl as he smiled fondly at her.

"Maybe not, but it isn't your burden to bear alone." She smiled back until she felt Stiles' presence at the door, she looked over with a smile that swiftly dropped as she jumped up from the table and stood in front of Stilinski.

"She's on her way here. Sheriff? Lotts?" Scott asked, confused as he noticed Stilinski's concerned gaze and Lottie's furious demeanour. He turned to look behind him, searching for what had caused their worry and anger. There stood Stiles in the doorway with Matt standing behind him, a gun pressed into Stiles' back. The silence was deafening.

"Matt, whatever's going on, I guarantee there's a solution that doesn't involve a gun." Stilinski tried, approaching the situation with as much calm as he could muster. He put a hand on Lottie's shoulder as he heard her breathing loudly. What he couldn't see was the blue veins growing under Lottie's eyes.

"Funny you say that. Because I don't think you're aware of just how right you are." Matt smirked. Scott began to ease his hand into his coat pocket, reaching for his phone.

"I know you don't want to hurt people." Stilinski tried to appeal to Matt's better nature, unaware that the boy no longer had one.

"Actually, I want to hurt a lot of people. You four weren't on my list but I could be persuaded. One way is to try calling someone with your phone in your pocket like McCall's doing. That could definitely get someone hurt." Matt dropped his smirk as his gaze fell on Scott. He'd completely missed Lottie's semi-transformation. She sent Stiles a look, one that can only be described as a mixture of panic and fury. He shook his head subtly at her, trying to reassure her he was okay. Unfortunately, she wouldn't believe that until Matt was gone... one way or another.

Scott took his phone out and put it on the desk behind him, sending Lottie a warning look as he did, knowing that it would be down to the two of them to get themselves out of this situation, she nodded to him as Matt spoke again.

"Everyone. Phones out." He instructed. He smiled as he led Stiles over to Stilinski pulling a pair of handcuffs off the desk and giving them to Stiles before nodding at Stilinski, instructing him to handcuff his own father to one of the nearby holding cells.

"You're fucking delusional if you think I'm gonna let you handcuff him freak." Lottie spat at Matt, taking a step towards him.

"Lottie." Stilinski warned. "It's okay."

"Yeah, Lottie," Matt said in a mocking tone, "Listen to the man." He smirked at the girl before looking at Stiles who was handcuffing his father. "Tighter."

Stiles turned back to Matt and sent him a death glare that made Lottie proud, she was amazed Matt was still standing. Matt shook the gun that was aimed at Stiles as if to encourage him.

"Do what he says."

Stiles reluctantly tightened the handcuffs around his fathers wrists. Matt motioned for the trio to move toward the corridor. But as Stiles stepped back, he couldn't seem to turn from his father's fearful eyes. That was until Matt shoved him forward. Lottie let out an almost inhuman hiss at the boy as she quickly went over to Stilinski.

"I'll be back. I won't let anything happen to him. I promise." She swore. She'd die before she let Stiles get hurt. She'd die before she let any of her friends get hurt, but Scott could handle himself far more than Stiles could right now.

"Just do what he says and stay safe okay? I can't lose any of you." Stilinski whispered back as Lottie reached up and kissed his weathered cheek as she followed after Matt and her boys.

Lottie glanced down the adjacent hallway just in time to see one of the deputies paralysed and a human yet clawed hand drag him into a room. Then she saw Matt jam a gun into Scott's back as he too, stopped to look at the deputy.

"You going to kill everyone in here?" Scott asked as he walked on.

"No. That's what Jackson's for. All I have to do is think about killing them. He does the rest." Matt replied, almost proudly.

"God you really are a piece of shit. Such a weak little man that he has to get someone to do all his dirty work for him." Lottie spat at him, furious with the turn of events. Matt turned to face her, raising the gun to her chest. "What? If you're gonna do it, do it. Don't pussyfoot about it." She taunted.

"Just- just shut the fuck up." Matt fumed at her. The quartet made their way back into the office as Matt gave out his next instructions. "Destroy it. All of it." He said, pointing at the evidence that had been accumulated against him. Lottie looked at the boy before rolling her eyes and sitting herself behind the desk in the chair, kicking her feet up onto the desk, refusing to destroy the evidence as Scott and Stiles headed for the computer and shredder. Scott began shredding the paper evidence whilst Stiles deleted the computed evidence.

"Deleted." Stiles told the boy, dejectedly as Scott held up the empty case files. "And we're done. So, Matt, since all the people you brutally murdered deserved it because they killed you first--whatever that means--I think we're pretty much good here. Right? I'll get my dad and we'll go. You continue with the vengeance thing. Enjoy the Kanima."

The sound of a car engine rumbled throughout the station as the group of teens froze. A sinister grin made it's way onto Matt's face.

"Sounds like your mom's here, McCall." Lottie stood from her seat and made her way over to her boys.

"Matt, don't do this. When she comes to the door, I'll just tell her to leave, okay? I'll say we didn't find anything. Please." Scott pleaded.

But Matt just shook his head, smiling. He waved Stiles over to the open door. Scott hesitated at the sound of the front door of the station opening.

"If you don't move right now, I'm going to kill Stiles first. Then your mom. Then Lottie and I'll drag that out nice and slowly." Matt threatened.

"Nope. That's it." Lottie flashed her eyes at the young homicidal maniac and flicked her claws out. "We're so done here."

"Wha- what are you?" Matt asked, stumbling slightly.

'I'm so sick of that question." Lottie mumbled. "I am your grisly end if you so much as harm a hair of Stiles' or Melissa's head. Don't push me." Matt gulped before shaking off his fear and led the trio out to the front door. Lottie wanted to compel him but she wasn't sure it'd work. She hadn't mastered it and since Matt controlled Jackson through his mind, not verbally, Lottie wasn't sure how to go about compelling him to stop. Or if it would even work.

"Open it." Matt instructed Scott as they approached the station door that led to the front desk lobby.

"Matt please." Scott practically begged.

"Open the door." Matt repeated, pressing the gun into Stiles' back.

Scott slowly opened the door and allowed the group to peer out to the front desk. It wasn't Melissa that stood before them though. No it was Derek Hale.

"Oh thank God." Scott breathed out, only to frown as Derek slowly sunk to his knees and dropped forward, slamming onto the floor. He was paralysed once again as Jackson stood behind him. Matt instructed Scott to drag Derek back into one of the offices and as Scott went to gently put him on his back, Matt shoved him, allowing Derek to smack onto the ground, looking up at the teenagers around him.

"This is the one in control? This kid?" Derek fumed.

"Well, Derek, not everyone's lucky enough to be a big bad werewolf." Matt started, crouching slightly to meet Derek's eye. "Yeah, that's right. I've learned a few things lately. Werewolves, hunters, Kanimas, whatever Lottie is. It's like a frickin' Halloween party every full moon. Except for you Stiles. What the hell do you turn into?" Matt asked, standing back to his full height to look at the boy.

"Abominable Snowman. But it's mostly a winter time thing. Seasonal." Stiles retorted as Lottie snickered behind her hand, standing at his side. Well, she was laughing until Matt nodded at Jackson, who swiped his claws across Stiles' neck and paralysed him. Lottie caught Stiles before he hit the ground, gently guiding him to the floor beside Derek. Scott moved to help but Jackson raised his claws in his direction.

"You're such a bitch Matt." Stiles strained as he lay on the floor.

Lottie stayed crouched next to Stiles as Matt bent down to her height. She flashed her eyes at him, warning him away. He looked between Derek and Stiles with a smile.

"I think you two make a pretty good pair. It must kind of suck, though, to have all that power taken away with one little cut to the back of the neck? I bet you're not used to feeling this helpless." Matt taunted Derek.

"I've still got teeth. Why don't you come a little closer and we find out how helpless I am." Derek threatened.

Before Matt could respond, headlights flashed over the office windows. Another car pulled up to the curb outside. Lottie looked over to Scott, worried.

"Is that her?" Matt asked Scott. "Do what I say and I won't hurt her. I won't even let Jackson near her."

"Don't trust him." Stiles warned Scott. This finally tipped Matt over the edge as he stood up and put his foot on Stiles' neck. Lottie stood to her full height and lunged at him, knocking him to the floor. Her eyes flashed as her fangs grew, she hissed at the killer as she straddled him.

"What. Did. I. Say. Don't. Touch. Him." Lottie hissed. She slowly stood as she released her claws from around his neck, claw marks remained with small droplets of blood dripping down Matt's neck. "Touch him again. I'll kill you. Understand?" She spat. Matt stood and ignored the girl as he turned his gaze back to Scott, secretly confused as to why Jackson didn't assist him.

"Do what I tell you. There'll be no problems. Help me put these two in there." Matt instructed them as he nodded to Stilinski's office. Lottie gently helped move Stiles into the office as Scott moved Derek. "Scott, come with me."

Lottie stayed with Stiles and Derek as Scott went after Matt to his mum. She smiled down at Stiles as she ran her hand over his buzz cut from his upright seated position. He looked up to her.

"That was reckless of you Lotts. Jackson could've got you too." Stiles grunted out.

"He hasn't yet. I can protect myself. You okay Derek?" Lottie asked, looking over to the older man who was looking back at her confused.

"I'm so confused. What- how?" He asked.

"You weren't wrong when you thought I'd been bitten. I was bitten. I'm just not a hairy hormonal wolf." She grinned back at him. He went to reply when a gun shot rang out throughout the station. Lottie stood to her full height, torn between staying with Stiles or going to Scott.

"Go, Lotts. Go, help him." Stiles told the girl. She shook her head. Stiles was defenceless, Derek was paralysed. Scott... Scott needed her.

"But-but you're alone, I can't-"

"I'm here. You, go." Derek told her.

"Okay- okay, just call me if Jackson comes back okay?" Lottie asked before glancing at Stiles one last time and running to the holding cells where Scott was.

"Lottie?" Melissa called out from her place behind bars with Stilinski.

"Scott? Oh I'm going to kill you." Lottie swore as she saw Scott bleeding, knowing that he'd heal but he's probably not gonna be able to keep his secret much longer.

"Lotts, I'm okay. Come here." Scott beckoned her over. She made her way over as Melissa continued to panic. "It's alright--I'm okay." Scott tried to reassure his mum.

"You're not okay. It's the adrenaline. Please, you have to let me look at the wound and help stop the bleeding." She told him. Matt burst out laughing as Lottie applied pressure to Scott's wound.

"They have no idea, do they?"

"Please-"

"Shut up, shut up, SHUT UP." Matt shouted at Melissa as she flinched back. "You keep talking and the next bullet goes in his head. Back to the front, McCall. Let's go."

The two slowly made their way to the front as Lottie looked back at the adults. She smiled sadly.

"Stiles? Is he okay?" Stilinski asked.

"Yes. He's safe. And Scott will be okay too." Lottie tried to reassure Melissa before she left and followed Matt and Scott. Lottie made her way back over to Stiles as she entered the office, sending a death glare to Jackson and Matt on her way.

"The evidence is gone. Why don't you just go?" Scott asked.

"You think the evidence mattered that much? I want the book." Matt scoffed as he looked between the group.

"What book?" Scott was beyond confused at this point. He just wanted his mum to be safe.

"The Bestiary. And not just a few pages. I want the whole thing."

"We don't have the book dumbass. It's Gerard's. Why do you want it anyway?" Lottie asked.

"I want answers Lottie."

"Don't we all. I want to know the meaning of life, but I don't think I'm gonna get them." Lottie sighed sarcastically.

"What answers? To what?" Scott asked.

"To this." Matt pulled up his shirt and revealed his side. It had begun to transform, scales taking over his ribs, matching the Kanima.

"Ew, I know I said you were slimy but this takes it to a whole new level." Lottie chuckled as Matt dragged Scott out of the room and Jackson stood in the doorway, blocking Lottie from following.

"You know what's happening to Matt?" Stiles whispered to Derek as Lotie sat down next to the two of them.

"I know the book isn't going to help him. You can't just break the rules. Not like this." Derek replied.

"There has to be a balance right?" Lottie asked.

Derek nodded, "The universe balances things out. It always does."

"Because he's using Jackson to kill people who don't deserve it?" Stiles offered.

"And killing people himself." Derek added.

"So if Matt breaks the rules of the Kanima, he becomes a Kanima?" Lottie theorised, after all, it made sense.

"Balance."

"You think he'd believe us if we told him?" Stiles asked.

"Stiles. Optimism doesn't suit you." Lottie smiled down at the boy. He grinned back at her.

"He's gonna kill all of us when he gets that book isn't he?" Stiles asked again, this time there was less enthusiasm in his voice.

"Yeah."

"Are you guys forgetting that I'm not human? I'm not letting him kill you, either of you. And Jackanima can't even come near me, look." Lottie stood up and flashed her eyes at the Kanima. The Kanima flinched back away from her.

"Tiny, don't suppose your new skills come with a set of claws?" Derek asked. Lottie smirked down at him before flashing her webbed fingers and claws at Derek.

"Will these be good enough, Toto?"

"Fancy stabbing me? It'll speed up the healing process. I figure we'll be even then too?" Derek asked hopefully.

"Why not? Missed you Toto."

"Missed you too Tiny."

✧༺♥༻✧

A little while had passed and Lottie had her claws deep in Derek's thigh, trying to speed up the healing process and get him back to fighting fit again. Unfortunately it wasn't really working.

"So is that hypothetical situation we talked about getting any less hypothetical?" Stiles asked as he looked over to Lottie.

"I think so. I can move my toes now." Derek offered.

"Dude, I can move my toes now." Stiles retorted.

"Guys we should-" The lights turning off cut Lottie off. Quickly she flashed her white eyes. "Toto, do I have your permission to try and compel you?"

"Uh yeah? Whatever that means I guess-"

"HEAL. DEREK. HEAL." She flashed her white eyes into his red eyes and compelled him. He let out a roar as a shower of glass smashed in the lobby. Slowly but surely Derek stood wobbly to his feet. "Derek, take Stiles. Get him to safety."

"Lotts-"

"Stiles. Go with Derek."

"Lotts." Stiles tried again. This time she paused. "Be safe." She smiled.

"Always-"

Lottie began to make her way to the lobby when Scott threw Jackson back into the room she was standing in with Derek and Stiles. She put her foot down on Jacksons chest so that Scott could take Stiles out of Derek's hands.

"Right, Scott, take Stiles. I'll stay with Derek till he's fully healed." Lottie decided as Jackson began to fight against her. She released Jackson once Scott had dragged Stiles away. "Just you and me Toto. So you better heal up a bit quicker than this."

"I'm trying. I'm really-really trying." Derek panted out glumly. Lottie walked over to him as he rested against the desk trying to stand. She looked him in the eye as he stood at her height for once, and she hugged him.

"You've admittedly not made the best decisions but you're doing the best you can. You, nor anybody else can hold that against you for the rest of your life. You have a pack. You have friends. You have me. Now, heal and we are gonna stop this. And then, we are gonna have a Toto and Tiny day okay? Just me and you and a giant catch up." Lottie didn't know but as she was hugging him, a tear fell down his cheek. He'd missed Lottie more than she'd ever know.

"You're alright, you know Tiny?" He chuckled as she pulled away.

"Only alright?" She grinned back at him. "Now come on, we have a lizard and a slimy homicidal teen to stop." She held out her hand for him to take as gunshots echoed throughout the station. "It sounds like the Argents have arrived. So we need to get you out of here." Derek sent her a puzzled look. "Toto, you bit Allison's mother... and she killed herself last night. So I imagine you're gonna have a lot more to worry about than a Kanima real soon."

"Oh shit."

"Oh shit, indeed. So, let's get a move on."

The two slowly made their way through the station, being careful to avoid the Argents and try to find Matt and the Kanima. It didn't take long though before Lottie heard a sound that made her blood run cold.

"Lottie!" Stiles shouted from the holding cells where Scott had left him. She glanced at Derek who had already transformed before transforming herself. Her blue veins almost glowed in the light as her eye's turned all white. Her fangs were bared as her claws extended as she ran to the holding cells, no longer caring about exposing herself. Derek followed closely behind her.

"How totally clueless are you people? You have no idea what's really going on, do you?" Lottie heard Matt say as she stealthily entered the room, catching Melissa's attention. She held a claw up to her lips to signal the woman to stay quiet and it would have worked if Derek hadn't come barrelling into the room. He made to move for Matt but stopped when a hiss caught everyone's attention.

Jackanima stood in the opposite doorway, fully prepared to protect its master. The Kanima let out a shriek of defiance as it charged at Derek. Derek moved fast, prepared for the attack, he reached up and clawed the creature in the stomach, slamming it to the floor. Then Lottie took a protective stance, standing in front of Stiles, she knew he'd want her to protect Melissa and his father but she needed to protect him.

The Kanima flipped itself back up, moving with uncanny agility, bouncing from wall to wall, grabbing onto the bars of the cell and swinging up to move with lighting speed when Lottie noticed Matt slithering out of a side door. Glancing down to Stiles, she nodded at him and began to follow Matt, trusting that Derek and Scott - who she hoped would be there soon - would be able to fix this. She had to stop Matt.

Lottie followed Matt through the back of the station, through the dark back alley. Silently she moved, her powers seeming to make her move like water, quiet and calm. She watched as he scaled the chain link fence and climbed over before he began running for his life. She followed, an eerie sense of calm consuming her. Eventually they both made it to a creek. As Lottie made to meet Matt a car's headlights lit up the creek. She hid behind, keeping her gaze on the scene unfolding before her.

With an inaudible gasp, she watched as Gerard appeared and shoved Matt backwards. She heard the crack Matt's head made as it came into contact with a rock. She knew she should move, but it was like she was frozen.

So she watched. She watched as Matt tried to push himself up out of the creek. She watched as Gerard took a hold of the boy and shoved him into the water. With tears in her eyes, she was no longer watching Matt drown, but herself. She was back where she was a few months ago, drowning all alone. She knew she should help Matt. But he'd killed so many, he'd ruined Jackson's life, he'd harmed nearly all of her friends. So she watched as his struggle began to slow, until he struggled no more.

Lottie wiped her tears as her face turned cold. In her mind, a problem had been resolved, as cruel as that may sound. She began to move away, meaning to tell the boys that she was too late and Matt was dead, she couldn't stop it. When she saw something more horrific than the sight of Matt being murdered. The Kanima stood opposite Gerard, in the creek.

"No longer afraid of the water?" Gerard called out. "You don't have to be afraid of anything, my friend." He continued, holding an ungloved, outstretched hand out to the Kanima. "Especially me."

"Fuck..." Lottie mumbled as she watched the Kanima reach up a clawed hand to its new master.

Lottie turned and ran, she ran back to the station and made it back in time to see Stilinski being checked out by a medic and Stiles standing nervously by him. She ran over to him and leapt into his arms. He fell back slightly, clutching her in his arms tightly as his breathing began to pick up the pace.

"You're okay- you- you're okay." He stuttered as she nodded and pulled back, clutching his face in the palms of her hands.

"I'm okay. You're okay. We're okay." She glanced around them. Scott was looking at his mum who was driving away without him. Stilinski looked beyond confused. And Stiles; he looked traumatised. "It's all gonna be okay. I promise." She swore. She would make it okay, she would find a way. Just to see Stiles smiling again if not for any other reason.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

830 34 10
【Book Two ---- Season Two】 In a world where everything is falling apart in secrecy, Thaís faces the fact that the truth comes out one way or another...
2.9K 148 14
𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 emery jameson realizes her love will never be enough for him. - isaac lahey x female oc teen wolf ( season 2 - season 3 ) started: no...
13.6K 376 23
"𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝒐𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝒘𝒐𝒎𝒂𝒏 𝒘𝒊𝒍𝒍 𝒏𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒆 𝒕𝒐 𝒌𝒆𝒆𝒑" Book 1 Stiles Stilinski x Fem!OC TW S1-2 Started: 04/17/24 ...
41.8K 571 42
◤ ◥ In which a girl who almost have nothing left, meet a cute, sarcastic boy in the midd...