~Sohbat~

By SoumyaShet

"Yeh kahani hai uss rajkumaar ki jo kabhi takt tak pohoch na saka! Yeh kahani hai uss rajkumaari ki jo kabhi... More

~Character aesthetic~
~Characters~
~Chapter 1~
~Chapter 2~
~Chapter 3~
~ Chapter 4 ~
~chapter 5~
~ Chapter 6~
~Chapter 7~
~Chapter 8~
~ Chapter 9~
~ Chapter 10~
~ Chapter 11~
~Chapter 12~
~Chapter 13
~ Chapter 14 ~
~ Chapter 15~
~Chapter 16~
~ Chapter 17~
~ Chapter 18~
Chapter 19~
~ Chapter 20~
~ Chapter 21~
~ Chapter 22~
~ Chapter 23~
~Chapter 24~
~Chapter 25~
~ Chapter 26~
~Chapter 27~
~Chapter 28~
~ Chapter 29~
~Chapter 30~
~Chapter 31~
~Chapter 32~
~Chapter 33~
~Chapter 34~
~Chapter 35~
~Chapter 37~
~Chapter 38~
chapter 39
~Chapter 40~
~Chapter 41~
~Chapter 42~
~Chapter 43~
~chapter 44~
~Chapter 45~
~Chapter 46~
~Chapter 47~
~Chapter 48~
~chapter 49~
~Chapter 50~
~Chapter 51~
~Chapter 52~
~Chapter 53~
~Important~
~Chapter 54~
~Chapter 55~
~Chapter 56~
~Chapter 57~
~Chapter 58~
~Chapter 59~
~Chapter 61~
~Chapter 62~
~Chapter 63~
~Chapter 64~
~Chapter 65~
~Chapter 60~
~Chapter 66~
!!!New Book!!!
~Chapter 67~
~Chapter 68~
~Chapter 69~
~ Epilogue 1~
~Sohbat~❀

Chapter 36

5.4K 329 9
By SoumyaShet

~ Next day ~

Raaghav had taken a day off.
As he was giving a home tour to Vaidehi who was gwaking at the royalty with big eyes. Certainly it wasn't possible to show her the entire mahal in a single day, and even though they had started just after the breakfast, even after nearly two hours they covered only few areas.

Vaidehi enjoyed how Raaghav would describe to her the palace. Every now and then he would narrate a tale or two related to the place.

What she didn't realize was,he was slowly becoming a comfort person for her. A necessity. Mere presence of his would calm her disturbed heart.

Raaghav haulted on the staircase. Vaidehi looked towards him, while he gestured her to look towards the wall.
And there it lied, a big photoframe, of a women whose eyes conveyed only love. There was a serenity on her face. The feactures that the lady possesed were very similar to Raaghav. Those deep eyes, sharp nose, blackish hair having a few white strands, and the serene smile.

"Yeh humari maa hai! ", Raaghav said, his eyes still fixed onto the picture.
" Bohot pyaari hai! "Vaidehi said still admiring the lady.
Raaghav turned towards her, looking at her face for moments with his eyes that had turned moist, he said, " Bohot pyaari thi! "

Vaidehi too turned towards him, looking into those orbs, as if she could read them clearly, she again said, "Bohot pyaari hai! "
Raaghav looked at her disbelievingly. But he could get the underlying reason.
After all, our own people never leave us they say na!

Raaghav not being able to handle the gaze turned towards the frame again as he continued, " I lost her when I was 14."
"Agar woh aapse milti toh bohot pasand karti aapko! You are just like her! " He said, still being stuck by the frame.

Vaidehi looked at him lovingly, anybody could tell that He missed his mom dearly.
"Kaash.." But then realising that he was drawing towards his darkness again, the darkness that had filled his life after his mother's demise, till the entry of Vaidehi in his life, he shook the thoughts away.
" Chaliye, baaki mahal dikhate hai aapko! ", he continued.
Vaidehi too didn't wanted him to become sad so she gave in.

They strolled few rooms, the extravagant corridors . Vaidehi was observing everything with the excitement of a child.

They then entered another room. Raaghav softly opened its doors as he guided Vaidehi in.

"Yeh maa aur unka kamra hai!
Ab maa ki hi sari yaadein ked hai isme! ", Raaghav said as he guided Vaidehi through the room.

Vaidehi had got to know that Rutvendra and Raaghav were step brothers. Moreover, she had seen it herself that Raaghav's relationship with his father was pretty stained. So him refering to his father as unka didn't came as a new thing.

Vaidehi observed how this room was way too different from the rest. It had a familiar vibe. The room was well lit, perfectly maintained, as if it was frequently being visited.
The colours of the walls, the curtains all were welcoming. Vaidehi slightly ran her hand as she walked pass the various items.
" Jab bhi maa ki yaad aati hai, toh yaha aakar beth jata hu! "Raaghav said as if remisncing all the time.
" Pata hai maa ko nila rang bohot pasand tha, isiliye yeh walls sab blue hai. "Raaghav said as he himself ran his hands through the walls.
It was for the first time after so long that he allowed someone in this room. Ever since he had started staying in this mahal, he had not allowed anyone not even his own father to enter this room.

" Bohot hi aapna sa lag raha hai yeh kamra! "Vaidehi said, admiring the room.
Raaghav just admired her.

As the evening passed, they both called it a day.
Vaidehi was happy, finally someone had made time for her.

_________ _____________________ ____________

~Next day~

Vaidehi was joining back the hospital today.
She gelled well with the househelps in just a day.
As she was getting ready, Raaghav who was all ready and waiting for her, was silently observing her.

After breakfast, Bela kakisa fed Vaidehi with dhai- shakkar. Vaidehi got her eyes moist over the display of affection.

Afterwards Raaghav accompanied Vaidehi towards the hospital. As they reached out side the hospital building, Raaghav bidded her a bye.
He could make out the excitement that was clearly visible in Vaidehi's eyes.
Vaidehi rushed towards office.

Then, the day passed in a blur.

Vaidehi returned back around 8'oclock.
After getting freshened up, she went down stairs.
Though she was tired for the day,but she waited for Raaghav as usual.

He, having told her not to wait, was relaxed and returned even late, but was shocked to see her in the hall, all sleepy, as she was trying hard to not close her eyes.

On seeing him, she got up, "Aap aah gaye! "
Without letting her complete, he asked her in a tone that was stern, " Why are you still awake. "
Vaidehi understood what he was implying towards, not to test in patience, and more importantly because she was hungry as well, she quickly asked him to freshen up and rushed inside the kitchen.

Raaghav could make out that she too didn't had her dinner. He was irritated. He went in his room, as he turned the shower on, allowing his tensed muscles to relax, but his irritation didn't.

Why had she too wait for him, when he had clearly told her not too. Morever, she went to her work today, she must have been tired and hungry, but still.. Still she had to pull this stunt up. Can't she just listen to him. He thought to himself.

As he walked down, he found her laying the plates.
Before sitting down, he held her wrist, gaining her attention, he again said in a stern voice, "Khana tak khaya nahi aapne! How can you ignore yourself like this Vaidehi? Kya jarurat hai! For God's sake i told you to have dinner and sleep na! Why do you have to wait ha? "

Vaidehi felt a bit hurt. Raaghav ever since their marriage had never talked to her in such a tone. Though she was used to being shouted on and all, but with Raaghav it felt different. She would never want him to raise his voice on her. She simply released her hand and said, " Because I want too! Morever aap jaldi aane ka kyu nahi try karte! ", her voice was conveying the moistness of her eyes.
She settled on her chair, gesturing him slightly to do the same.

Now.. He was  feeling guilty. He never ever wanted to raise even a bit of his tone on her. But today, he was angry, she shouldn't try and be harsh on herself after all.

She didn't glance even a bit at him, quickly finishing her dinner, quicker then she ever had, she picked up the dishes, as Raaghav too had finished his dinner, and preceeded towards the kitchen, Raaghav followed.

She went to wash the dishes still ignoring him.
He was hating even the bit of her ignorance. But kya karta bichara, sorry kabhi muh se nikla hi nahi tha.

He tried taking the dishes from her, but she didn't let him.
After, getting her things done, Vaidehi walked towards their room. Raaghav following her, while opening and closing his mouth like a fish trying hard to utter the five letter word.

On reaching inside, Vaidehi went to do her night routine, while Raaghav was mentally preparing himself to apologize.

Vaidehi returned back.

She went and laid down at her place.

Raaghav knew she wouldn't sleep so quickly.
Moreover it was first time of his trying to pacify.
But then he thought, galti toh meri nahi thi, phir bhi mei hi apologize karne ke liye taras kyu raha hu bhaii???

But then, it didn't matter, cause he wanted to talk to his wife. He couldn't take it any longer.
"Vaidehi! " He called out softly.
She didn't respond.
"Ok.. Fine I know I shouldn't have raised my voice. But, aapko kaha tha na meine ki dont wait keh ke! I don't like it when  someone takes trouble for me. Neither am I used to it. " He said as he sat on his side of the bed.
"Vaidehi.. " He again called out softly.
This time she got up, and sat on the bed as well.
But didn't look towards him.
"Accha fine! I... I..I am sorry. ", he said.
" Umm" , was the only reply that he got.
"Vaidehi, I am sorry, na! Now talk please. " He coaxed.

Ok this was a shock for him too, he used the words sorry and please, that too in a single sentence. Damn! What all will this lady make him do?

"Kya bolu? " She asked slowly coming back to her old self.
"Tell me about your day? How was it in the hospital today? " He asked with excitement, like he really was interested to know.
Looking at his excitement she herself couldn't contain herself.
She narrated all the day's doings to him, and he also did the same.

_________________ _______________ __________

Ever since that incident Raaghav had started coming back home early, like really early. He would reach by 8:30-9:00.

On the first day of his early return, everybody was shocked specially his pa Bhaskar, who had always seen his boss just engrossed in work.
But then Raaghav knew his wife was too stubborn, as she didn't sleep early even the next day after that fiasco happened, so he only had to take early off.

The man who would overwork himself for ages now, was slowly starting to live a normal life, after all now his personal life was also developing along with the heights of his professional life.
_______________ ________________ __________

Days were passing with bliss. Everyday Raaghav would drop Vaidehi to work and then head to his office. He would come back home to a glass of water by Vaidehi.If he would ever get late he would let Vaidehi know about it,and so would Vaidehi,if she had surgeries lined up for late, she would message Raaghav up about the same. They had without even realising became integral parts of each other's life.
______________ ________________ ___________

~One fine day~

It was already 11'oclock,and Vaidehi had still not returned. Though she had messenged Raaghav that she would be having a surgery to do, and would get late, and had also asked him to have his dinner and sleep but still he was awake.

It was this time that he went through what Vaidehi would go through everytime waiting for him. He understood what Vaidehi would feel, everytime waiting for him, how difficult it was to sleep when you have someone running through your mind. He regretted scolding her that day. Nevertheless he felt a surreal feeling, the impatience was somehow good.

As Vaidehi returned back, she was greeted by the sleepy Raaghav.
"Arey aap abhi tak soye nahi! Humne kaha tha na aapse sone ke liye.! " She chided as she entered in.

Raaghav quickly went inside the kitchen and returned back with a class of water.
Handling it over to Vaidehi he said, "woh.. Chodo! Go get freshened up mei khana garam karta hu! "
"Aap.. Nahi. Why.. Mei kar deti hu! " Vaidehi was hesitant. This was for the first time someone had waited for her too.

"Vaidehi!.. " Raaghav called her out with certainity.

As Vaidehi returned back, she saw Raaghav arranging the table. "He is one of a type! " She thought to her own self. As she came closer she observed that Raaghav had arranged two plates.
"Aap ne abhi tak khana nahi khaya?! Kya hai yeh Raaghav aap aise kaise khud ko neglect kar sakte hai. Ghar pe the na! Khana toh time pe khana chahiye.", Vaidehi again said being utterly irritated by him, as she got settled on the chair beside Raaghav.

Raaghav just pulled out a piece of the chappati and fed her.

"I guess aaj hum dono ko ek dusre ki point of view samaj aah gaye! " He said.

Vaidehi just went through his words realising want he was implying towards. Surely she was on his place today. She realized how he was feeling that day when he scolded her a bit, just as he realised how she was feeling.

They had a laugh, as Raaghav continued feeding her, till both of them realised that it was he who was feeding her all this while.
"Woh.. Woh.. Aap khud bhi kha lijiye! ", Vaidehi said.

_________ ____________ __________________

Hope the chapter's good enough! 🐨
Do share your thoughts. 😌
Vote and comment! ✨
Love Love ❤

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.3M 82.2K 38
DEDICATION- To all the girls who dream of being royal , your dream will partially get filled with this book. " If you love me accept the promise my c...
288K 7.8K 58
This is the story of a two people who willingly married each other and make their marriage successful and beautiful. In this story you will see how t...
85.3K 3.1K 32
||Book 1|| β™‘Aliasha Rathoreβ™‘ ~"har aashiq ki ajab kahani hai, chup rehna bhi pyaar ki nishani hai". A 24 year-old global superstar. She has everythi...
1.2M 89.4K 65
Υα†Ξα€αŽ»αŽͺΝᏆαŽͺ The name itself says power and control.The family which is everyone's dream. The family which stands for unity and love.The synonym of per...