RWBY: Grimm Slayer (Vol.5) (M...

Bởi ZANE_555

Here is the fifth volume of this fanfiction I'm doing. (Keep in mind that this whole story and fanfic I'm doi... Xem Thêm

Author's Notes
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46

Chapter 32

160 4 5
Bởi ZANE_555

(Blake, Mistral)

On a rainy and foggy night, two White Fang guards are out in the field surrounding the White Fang base as the rain pours down on them. One of them yawns and her comrade beside her, turns to look at her. 

White Fang Member #56: "This is the fourth hour in a row that you done that now."

White Fang Member #57: "What? I didn't get enough sleep last night."

White Fang Member #56: "Well, can you quit it? It's bad enough we're standing guard during this stormy weather."

White Fang Member #57: "Yeah, it makes things too hard to see and hear."

Just then, three dark shapes dash by the two guards from behind them, completely unnoticed as one of the guards turn to her comrade once more.

White Fang Member #56: "Of course, you're not fazed by this rain."

White Fang Member #57: 'Of course not, I'm a duck Faunus. Why you think I chose this guarding position."

Meanwhile, the three dark shapes duck and weave through the field, using the fog as cover to avoid any number of patrols and arriving at the White Fang base. The trio share a quick look before nodding as one of them throw Gambol Shroud as it latched into one of the walls, allowing Blake, Y/N, and Sun to climb up it and onto the roof of the building. The trio are heavily soaked as Blake radios into her earpiece.

Blake: "Ilia, we've reached the main compound."

Ilia: "Affirmative." 

During this, Ilia, Ghira, and Kali are inside of an Mistralian mobile operations center where Ila is manning the radio alongside them. 

Ghira: "Alright then. Once you three get a better picture of things inside, we've got four squads in position to move in."

Ilia takes over the call and gives her instruction. 

Ilia: "Okay, are you guys are on top of the building?"

Y/N #2: "Yep."

Ilia: "Good. There should be a nearby skylight frame and once you open it, you'll have access to an air duct right below it."

With a collective nod, they did as instruct and slips through the skylight into the air duct. They spend a quarter of a minute as they crawl through the uncomfortably tight space before reaching a vent. Blake, being the first to enter inside, peers through, making sure the coast is clear. Once she does, Blake calls back to the other two behind her. 

Blake: "Alright, guys. We'll break in through this vent."

Y/N #2: "I'm good with that. Sun, what about you... Sun...?"

They begin to tense up as no matter how many times Y/N calls his name, Sun doesn't respond. Blake's panic skyrockets, however, when she looks through one of the grates and sees Sun nonchalantly walking around, completely exposed. Blake opens the vent and whispers to Sun, asking him.

Blake: "Sun, what are you doing?"

Y/N light chimes in, also in a whispering tone.

Y/N #2: "Wait, he's there?!"

Sun turns around and holds up a half-eaten donut, saying with a mouthful of said donut.

Sun: "There were donuts in the break room three vents back."

As Blake drops from the air duct, she light glares at him.

Blake: "This is supposed to be a stealth mission."

Y/N also falls out of the air duct, dusting himself off as he turns to Blake and Sun. 

Y/N #2: "What the hell happened to sticking to the shadows once we reach inside?"

Sun: "Man, they really need to start provide catering before missions, don't you think?"

Blake just frowns at him but, Sun just holds up a second donut with his tail, offering it to her.

Sun: "You want one?"

She looks at the donut, then at him, before replying quietly.

Blake: "Just... keep a lower profile."

As she said this, Blake takes the donut and eat it all while walking on her way forward.

Sun: "You want some, Y/N?"

Y/N #2: "I'm fine. Thanks."

After that, the trio stalk through the building, encountering surprisingly light resistance the whole way through. All while Ilia's voice in their earpieces tells them where to go.

Blake: "We made it to the hallways."

Ilia: "Okay, just keep going down and take a left. That's where you'll find the building's basement."

Y/N #1: "What's down there, Ilia?"

Ilia: "I'm not sure. Before going to Menagerie, they had been excavating down there, looking for something or going somewhere, but I never found out why they were doing that."

After a few minutes of stealthily moving around the place, the trio manage to slip by one last patrol and make their way down the basement where they find a number of troops transporting materials from the basement into a number of crudely carved tunnels in the basement's foundation. Hiding behind a pile of large wooden crates, the three are confused at their discovery as Blake discreetly radios in.

Blake: "There must be a second site we don't know about where they're transporting these materials to."

Just as her father was about to ask for more information, the trio spot Adam and Hazel emerging from one of the tunnels, mid-heated discussion as Y/N whispers to them.

Y/N #2: "Get down!"

They quickly drop their heads down to avoid being detected and after a few moments of waiting, they slowly peer above the crates to see Hazel and Adam are still arguing with each other. Sun turns to Blake and Y/N, whispering to them.

Sun: "What are they arguing about?"

Blake: "I'm not sure. Y/N?"

Y/N #2: "I'm trying to listen in, right now." ("No way... Hazel... he's here... with Adam and the White Fang...?")

They're far enough away that only the louder portions of the argument carry over to where they are. As for Y/N, he focuses on them as their voices become clearer to him. 

Hazel: "Your forces are being pulled thin, Adam!"

Adam: "We'll be able to manage. I have words from the Lieutenant that a few of my comrades have managed to escape from the Menagerie guards' prison. Corsac, Yuma, and Trifa will be here to assist us."

Hazel: "Only a few? And how long will they arrive here?"

Adam doesn't respond back, which already answers Hazel's question as the large man let out a brief sigh. 

Hazel: "Aside from that, are these dwindling numbers has anything to do with disappearing defectors in this building?"

This makes Adam grit his teeth and pulls Hazel in close, grabbing him by the collar of his shirt as Adam snarls at him.

Adam: "I am doing the best I can to keep this operation run smoothly. To keep my comrades loyal and in line. So, whatever happens here, you better keep it to yourself. Am I clear?"

Perplexed but, unfazed by his action and remark, Hazel eventually replies back.

Hazel: "Crystal..."

Pushing Hazel away by the collar, Adam breaks off and heads back upstairs while Hazel stares after him for a moment before walking inside one of the tunnels. During this, Y/N watch them both leave, still lightly stun upon seeing Hazel in this place and with Adam and the White Fang no less. As for Blake and Sun, they describe what they saw to the base team, especially about the large man that was arguing with Adam.

Sun: "Why is a human working with the White Fang?"

Ilia: "It's not that unusual. There are a few crazies that unironically sympathize with the White Fang."

Blake: "Besides, there was never a rule that say humans aren't allowed to join."

Sun: "I guess so. I mean, Roman Torchwick worked with him when the Vale Breach happened. I can't imagine a person actually sympathizing and working with the White Fang."

Y/N #2: "Ahem..."

Realizing who he's crouching next to, Sun turns his head to Y/N, who just gives the monkey Faunus a deadpan expression. Sun lightly chuckles embarrassingly.

Sun: "Oh, but you're okay, Y/N. You chose to leave and all that."

Y/N #2: "Thanks."

Blake: "Nice save, Sun."

As she said this, Blake peers over to where Hazel left as she resumes. 

Blake: "Still, I feel like there's something more going on than just a simple sympathizer."

Y/N #2: "Considering he's with Adam, they must have some kind of plot that we're not seeing."

Ghira: "Agreed. We need more information. You need to follow that man and find out what is it at the end of those tunnels."

Sun: "On it."

However, Blake's eyes are affixed to Adam as he finally reaches the top of the stairs. 

Y/N #2: "Blake... hey, Blake..."

Even though, Y/N got Blake's attention, it's clear where her mind is going as Y/N shift his gaze to the stairs Adam climb up to. 

Sun: "You ready, Blake?"

Blake: "Actually, maybe we can split up and get more information faster this way."

Sun: "What?"

Y/N, not wanting to confront Hazel and keep his presence concealed from him, goes to step into their discussion.

Y/N #1: "Don't worry. I'll go with her. Sun, you follow that guy through the tunnels. Me and Blake will search the rest of the estate for documentation."

Blake is a bit surprised by his suggestion only to show some concern. 

Blake: "Are you sure, Y/N?"

She looks at his left arm as she said that only for Y/N to place his hand on her shoulder, giving her a reassuring smile.

Y/N #2: "I'll be fine, Blake. It won't be like last time. I got this."

Ultimately, Blake gives a nod in agreement to him as Y/N turns to Sun.

Y/N #1: "Sun, you got this?" 

Sun gives an easy look, knowing full well what they're planning to do. This is when Ghira's voice chimes in over their earpieces.

Ghira: "Absolutely not! You're ordered to tail that man."

Before he goes any further, Blake turns off her earpiece before taking it off and putting it in her pocket. Y/N does the same as he replies back to Ghira.

Y/N #2: "We'll have each other's back. So, don't worry so much, Ghira."

Sun: "Are you guys sure?"

Y/N #2: "Yeah."

Blake just nods solemnly before saying.

Blake: "Let's go, Y/N."

Y/N #2: "Right."

And with that, the two takes off after Adam and disappearing from Sun's sight. Now alone, Sun's earpiece is pelted with shouts from Ghira.

Ghira: "Sun! Stop Blake from leaving! Get her back!"

Sun: "Trust your daughter, Ghira. Besides, Y/N is with her so, things should go alright."

Ghira: "I know that, but still."

Sun: "Hm, and you got the best man for the job talking to you now."

He points to himself boastfully as Ghira just sighs, hoping that Blake and Y/N will come back safely. Sun then stands up and turns towards the tunnels and stealthily make his way inside. 

During this, Blake and Y/N are doing the same thing as they head up the stairs. Y/N speaks to Blake in a whispering tone.

Y/N #2: "Blake..."

In response, Blake glances over to him.

Blake: "What is it?"

Y/N #2: "Can you activate your semblance now?"

Blake: "I can but, why?"

Y/N #2: "I just thought of something once we confront Adam. A little plan of mine?"

Blake: "Sure, let's hear it."

Once she activates her semblance to him, Y/N mimics it as his eyes color turn crimson red. As they stealthily make their way to where Adam is, the two silently discuss what they plan to do when they confront Adam as Y/N explain his plan to her, which she's a bit unsure about it but, agrees to it. 

_______________________________________________________________________________

(Branwen Tribe)

Outside of Raven's large tent, Shiloh stands outside the flap of the yurt, talking to Raven as rain pours down on the camp.

Shiloh: "The entire camp should be ready to move tonight at the earliest."

Raven expresses her satisfaction with that only to clarify something.

Raven: "We shouldn't need to move for another week. All the same, it's good to be prepared. Especially with all the unseemly visitors we've been receiving."

Shiloh: "Yeah... about that..."

Raven: "What is it?"

Rubbing his forearm with his other hand, Shiloh slowly replies back.

Shiloh: "The tribe are getting restless and tense up about that. Especially when they learn that there was two of that red-eyed kid and that fire woman and her group showing up to the camp. They want to move sooner rather than later."

The bandit woman turns to glare at Shiloh as she responds to his statement.

Raven: "You and the people you're a messenger for don't speak out of turn. As long as I draw breath, I lead the tribe. I will hear no arguments for my plan. Is that clear?"

Shiloh seems a little less scared than usual but, still backs off, nodding to her and walks into the rain. Raven briefly exhales before returning to her yurt where Vernal is lazily unstringing her bow. Raven sits down at a wooden chair and grabs a book from a small table. She goes to read it, but it only takes Vernal a few seconds of glaring at her mother to finally asks.

Vernal: "Will you really hear no arguments?"

With a frustrated sigh, Raven puts down the book and quickly replies back.

Raven: "Yes. The tribe is mine to lead and that includes my daughter."

Vernal growls back at her.

Vernal: "But Mom! We don't have to kill Weiss or Yang or even Y/N for that matter. We could just kill Uncle Qrow and the people that won't listen to us."

Her mother just pinches her nose as she retorts.

Raven: "This is all bigger than Weiss or Yang or even Y/N, Vernal. We can't take any risks. Just because they were willing to listen doesn't mean they won't be swayed to follow that silver-tongued devil. Ozpin has a way of brainwashing people. People who I thought had good heads on their shoulders, but that bastard snakes his way around that. That idiot Qrow and his student, Y/N are just examples of that. Odds are, if they know where Ozpin is, then Ozpin has already worked his magic on Wiess and Yang. We can't take any chances on letting them live to indoctrinate any more people."

Vernal stands up from her spot and turns to face Raven. 

Verna: "Where is your limit, Mom? Weiss was practically part of the tribe, I'm not sure about Y/N, but he was starting to fit in. Yang is your daughter. What if it was one of the tribesmen? What if it was Milo or Kenny or Shiloh or... me?"

Her mother just stares at her calmly before answering.

Raven: "I don't kill that has value to me."

This makes Vernal shout, gesturing to her.

Vernal: "That's your limit?! That's where you draw the line!? What happened to tribe is family? Sure, the weak weed themselves out but, we don't kill them. They just get left behind. We are a family, not just some... some horse you ride until it collapses or some bike until it runs out of fuel. We're people, Mom! Your people!"

Raven is quick to reply back, eyes narrowing a bit.

Raven: "They're replaceable. You're not."

The bandit girl sneers at her, tears appearing in her eyes as she bites back.

Vernal: "I'm only worth something to you because I chose to be the Spring Maiden when no one else would. Take on a whole mantle just to keep the people you cared about safe and I'm doing this for you. Just because I made a harder choice, doesn't mean I'm automatically worth more to the people that we're 'both' protecting."

And with that, Vernal turns on her heels and stomps out into the thickening rain, splashing along the muddy ground. Raven just watches her go and sighs, muttering to herself.

Raven: "You're worth more than just that damn it..."

The bandit woman looks to her book on the table, reaches for it. However, she hesitates like she might want to follow after Vernal only to rethinks on that decision and picks up the book anyway. 

Raven: ("The Wolf and the Crow... Interesting title...")

She then goes to open the book and proceeds to read it as all she can hear is the sound of the pouring rain from outside. 

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

4K 88 17
A/N: so this is my take putting my own spin on making a RWBY x male reader They say life's all about a few moments, and in those few moments actions...
7.4K 190 43
Here is the sixth volume of this fanfiction I'm doing. (Keep in mind that this whole story and fanfic I'm doing is based on Celtic Phoenix's Fixing...
238K 4.8K 91
It's Ruby Rose's birthday, so a strange, powerful fan of the girls decided to give Ruby a gift in the form of allowing Ruby herself, her team, her un...
49.1K 584 38
Since I am bored and came up with certain ideas I decided to write this. I will write Canon X Reader, Canon X OC, Reader X OC, Canon X Canon, RWBY sh...